Indiana Deals Thread

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I don't know if you've sold or opened it yet, but Atlus is hinting at a reprint.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/02/01/anyone-want-to-buy-radiant-historia-for-under-100/[/QUOTE]

Well, easy come easy go. I haven't opened it or played it yet (actually, doing another time travel game currently as I'm doing Chrono Trigger) but I didn't plan on selling it. If it reprints, that works, too, since I got it for $35.

SI

Well I hit up a few flea markets today and upon rummaging in a crate full of wires, I found a black Sega Sports Dreamcast with a RF adapter!?! and crappy third party controller. I told the guy I didn't want the controller, although I could have used the extra VMU, and I didn't want the RF, obvious reasons. $15 is what I ended up paying for it. I haven't tested it yet, but I plan on it later after boogie burger!!!

I also scored Dead Space for the 360, which I've been searching for, for quite some time, for $18 at Best Buy in the pre owned bin.

[quote name='Sinnbox']I checked them out afew weeks ago for the first time in abotu 3 years... nothing worth my time, when I was in college I could get all kind of goodies in there, but they were all full of common crap when I looked.[/QUOTE]

bad thing is i think DisC replay... half price books and all the other trade here stores destory the pawn market

[quote name='doodmandood']Castleton TRU doesn't have either Saints Row or AssBro.[/QUOTE]

I don't know what kinds of games you were looking for but I don't think I want a copy of AssBro ;)

SI

Super Target in Fishers at 116th and I-69 has some pretty good clearance games. They are rearranging the store so the bulk of them are not near the normal games section. Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare for PS3 jumped out at me for $10. Dead Space 2 for Xbox 360 for $15.

As of noon today, Best Buy in Bloomington had 3 Skyrim collector's editions for 79.99. One of the boxes looked pretty banged up. They were sitting next to the game trade counter.

Also, there were two pokemon black DSi bundles for 99.99!

Southport Target clearance

$11.98
LA Noire Complete Edition (360)
Driver: San Francisco (360, PS3)

$8.98
Dead Space 2 (360, PS3)

Notes:
-LA Noire: There is no display, but the game is on the bottom row in the videogame endcap. Just look inside the glass.

-Driver: At least 5 copies left of PS3 version, 1 left of 360

-Dead Space 2: So many copies both versions

Anyone interested in Original XBox, PS2 or GameCube games?

I'm moving soon, so I'm looking to clear out a bunch of my old games, finally accepting that there's a lot that I'll just never get around to playing. I'm thinking about doing an EBay auction, but wasn't sure if there was a better way to sell in Indiana (and avoid shipping, which I'm assuming will end up being pretty pricey, since I'm looking at hundreds of games to sell off).

I'm in West Lafayette, and I don't think any of the local game stores will pay much for old titles at this point. Any pointers for how to sell them off?

-ReussDr

[quote name='ReussDr']Anyone interested in Original XBox, PS2 or GameCube games?

I'm moving soon, so I'm looking to clear out a bunch of my old games, finally accepting that there's a lot that I'll just never get around to playing. I'm thinking about doing an EBay auction, but wasn't sure if there was a better way to sell in Indiana (and avoid shipping, which I'm assuming will end up being pretty pricey, since I'm looking at hundreds of games to sell off).

I'm in West Lafayette, and I don't think any of the local game stores will pay much for old titles at this point. Any pointers for how to sell them off?

-ReussDr[/QUOTE]

Yeah, list them on craiglist and prepair for lowballs, trade requests and headaches. You missed out on trading in Gamecube at GS by a few days, they're no longer accepted. If I were closer I would request a list.

[quote name='Invicta 61']Yeah, list them on craiglist and prepair for lowballs, trade requests and headaches. You missed out on trading in Gamecube at GS by a few days, they're no longer accepted. If I were closer I would request a list.[/QUOTE]

I hadn't considered craigslist. Might be worth posting, if I can't get any traction with an EBay auction. As you say though, locals can be a huge problem with that, and I'm listing at the wrong time of the year to sell to college kids.

I'll post a list here once I get everything inventoried. If you're in Indiana, maybe it'll be worth a bit of a drive, if we meet half-way.

-ReussDr

[quote name='ReussDr']Anyone interested in Original XBox, PS2 or GameCube games?

-ReussDr[/QUOTE]

Post the list here (or make a thread in the trade section and post the link here), but if you want to just dump them you have two options.

Big eBay sale by system (quick and may pop the price a bit) or take them to one of the stores in Indy that do carry older systems. I have become a fan of The Exchange.

Here's the list of original XBox Games. I also have some controllers and display cords I'm looking to part with. I'd like to sell off the whole collection in one fell swoop for a fair price if possible.

Original XBox Games (114 games total)
All games are open with disc, case and manual unless otherwise noted. Condition varies. I'm very meticulous with my games, but a number were bought used. All games should be playable (I made a point not to buy games that were heavily scratched), and there isn't any significant damage to the covers or manuals.

Aggressive Inline
Armed & Dangerous
Beyond Good & Evil
Blinx: The Time Sweeper
Blood Omen 2
Blood Wake
BloodRayne
BloodRayne 2
Brute Force
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO
Cold Fear [Sealed]
Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex
Crimson Skies
Dance Dance Revolution: Ultramix
Dark Summit
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive: Xtreme Beach Volleyball
Dead or Alive: Ultimate (Collector’s Edition)
Dead to Rights
Deathrow
Deux Ex: Invisible War [Sealed]
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey [Sealed]
Fable w/Limited Edition Bonus DVD
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel
Family Guy [Sealed]
Full Spectrum Warrior [Sealed]
Full Spectrum Warrior: Ten Hammers [No Manual]
Freedom Fighters
Genma Onimusha
Ghost Recon
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Grand Theft Auto 3 [Believed to be from Double Pack]
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City [Believed to be from Double Pack]
Guilty Gear X2 #Reload [Sealed]
Gunvalkyrie
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
House of the Dead 3
Hunter: The Reckoning
Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer
Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb [No Manual]
Indigo Prophecy
Jade Empire Limited Edition
Kill Switch
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Kung Fu Chaos
Legacy of Kain [Sealed]
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring [No Manual]
Manhunt
Max Payne
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
MechAssault
MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf (Limited Edition)
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Metal Slug
Midnight Club 2
Midtown Madness 3
Midway Arcade Treasures
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance
Mortal Kombat Deception Kollector’s Edition, Baraka Cover
Moto GP
NBA Live 2002
New Legends
NFL 2K3
NFL Fever 2002
NHL 2003 [No Manual]
Otogi: Myth of Demons
Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors [Sealed]
Outlaw Golf [No Manual]
Outlaw Golf 2 [Sealed]
Outlaw Volleyball Red Hot (Blockbuster Exclusive)
Panzer Dragoon ORTA
Phantom Crash
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Project Gotham Racing
Project Gotham Racing 2
Project Snowblind [Sealed]
Psi-Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy
R: Racing Evolution
Rainbow Six 3
Rallisport Challenge
Rallisport Chalenge 2
Red Faction 2
Robin Hood: Defender of the Crown [Sealed]
Robotech: Battlecry Limited Edition [Sealed]
Scrapland (American McGee Presents)
Sega GT/Jet Set Radio Future
Shenmue II
Silent Scope Complete
The Sims
Soul Calibur 2
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow [No Manual]
SSX On Tour [Sealed]
SSX Tricky
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: The Clone Wars / Tetris Worlds
Still Life
Sudeki
The Suffering
The Suffering: Ties that Bind [Sealed]
Syberia
Tenchu: Return from Darkness
The Thing
Top Spin [No Manual]
Unreal 2: The Awakening [Sealed]
Voodoo Vince
The Warriors
Whacked
Wreckless: The Yakuza Missions
Vexx
X-Men Legends
XIII

Other
Ultimate Halo Companion DVD Set
Silent Scope Light Rifle

I wouldn't mind seeing a PS2 list, maybe even a GC list. I'm always looking for a few rarities. Not sure I would want enough to warrant a trip though. The mid-way point between us would probably be Northern Indy.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Mcvans is closing in evansville. Everything 50% I haven't went yet because not anything I am looking for and they were kind of expensive to begin with.[/QUOTE]

anyone know if the same owner owns that one (think his name was dave)

i heard he sold out years ago (that is why you saw prices change)

used game market was good back in the early 90s to mid 2000s but the used game market is DEAD and will never come back

I always found them to be a bit expensive. The book broker was always cheaper but the selection was bad. Book and music exchange was expensive but cheaper than mcvans.
Though they did get even more and more expensive over the year because eventually I got to the point I didn't even bother checking with them when I was looking for something.

Finally got the PS2 game list put together that I'm trying to sell off. Meant to get it posted a week ago, but life has been crazy busy. For those that didn't see the previous posts, I'm trying to sell all these off, instead of moving them to our new house. I'm in West Lafayette, in case local pick-up is an option.

PS2 Games
All games are open with disc, case and manual unless otherwise noted. All games are non-greatest hits version unless otherwise noted.

Amplitude
Baldur’s Gate: Dark Alliance [No Manual]
The Bard’s Tale
The Bouncer
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence [Sealed]
Champions of Norrath
Contra Shattered Soldier
Dark Cloud 2
Defender [Sealed]
Demon Stone
Deus Ex: The Conspiracy
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 2
Dr. Muto [Sealed]
Final Fantasy X [GH Red Label]
Final Fantasy X-2
Frequency
Genji: Dawn of the Samurai [Sealed]
Gitaroo Man
God of War [GH Red Label]
God of War 2
Gran Turismo 3 A-spec
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Guilty Gear X2
Half-Life
Hunter: The Reckoning Wayward
Ico [No Manual]
In the Groove
Jak and Daxtar: The Precursor Legacy
Jak II
Jak 3
Jak X: Combat Racing
Katamari Damacy
Killer 7 [Sealed]
Killzone
Kingdom Hearts
Kya: Dark Lineage
Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Maximo
Maximo vs Army of Zin
Maximo vs Army of Zin [Sealed]
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Mega Man X Collection
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Monster Rancher 3
Neo Contra
Okage Shadow King
Oni
Onimusha 2
Onimusha 3
Pac-Man World 2
Ratchet & Clank
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet Deadlocked [Sealed]
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc [Sealed]
Red Faction
Resident Evil: Dead Aim [Sealed]
Rygar
R-type Final [No Cover]
Shadow of the Colossus
Shinobi
Siren [Sealed]
The Simpsons: Hit & Run
Sly Cooper [No Manual]
Sly 2: Band of Thieves
Soul Reaver 2
Space Channel 5: Special Edition
Star Ocean: Till the end of time
Street Fighter EX3
Suikoden V [Sealed]
Tekken TAG Tournament
Tekken 4
Trivial Pursuit Unhinged
Twisted Metal Black Online [Thin sleeve, not full case]
Twisted Metal Black [GH Red Label]
Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution [GH Red Label]
Wild Arms 3
Wipeout Fusion
Xenosaga
Xenosaga: Episode II [Sealed]

Other
2 Red Octane Dance Pads

was down in my basement the other day opened up this plastic box i had sealed and what do i find.

25 copies of FF X sealed black label ..... too bad they are not worth jack

[quote name='ReussDr']Suikoden V [Sealed]
[/QUOTE]

:hot:

That one you may actually want to take the time to sell on Ebay.

There are a few that I like but not enough to warrant a trip across the state. Ends up I had most of the games in your list, maybe I need to cull the herd also...

@ReussDr Do you have a Gamecube list? I'd love to see what you have, and I have a few buddies that are into collecting GC as well I could show the list too.

I haven't been here for a while, but I stop by Target from time to time. Last few trips I haven't been able to find the clearance section (I promise they move it around just to laugh at us looking all over the store for it). Anyways, does anyone have a lead as to where it/they are currently at and I may do a run around Greenwood in the next few days.

I really meant to get to it, but prep for the move just got ahead of trying to build that list. For GC, it's complicated by the fact that the Wii is fully backwards compatible. Unlike selling all PS2 games, and almost all XBox games, I have to figure out what I actually want to keep (and more importantly, be realistic about what I'm likely to actually play again).

We made it into the new house last weekend (after a couple weeks of construction/painting after the closing). As we try to finish up at the old house, it's going to be time to get serious about what is going to move over, and what needs to be sold off. I'm hoping to have that list by Memorial day.

Apologies for the delay.

More delays than I was hoping for (this move has been brutal). I finally have a listed of GC titles put together.

Battalion Wars
Donkey Konga 2
Eternal Darkness Sanity's Requiem
F-Zero GX
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance [Sealed]
Mario Power Tennis
Mega Man Network Transmission
Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2 Echoes
The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition [Sealed]
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
P.N.03
Paper Mario [Sealed]
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Resident Evil
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil Zero
Serious Sam: Next Encounter
Sims 2 Pets
Sims Bustin' Out
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Mega Collection
Star Wars Rogue Leader
Star Wars Rebel Strike
Starfox Assault
Starfox Adventures
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble
Wario Ware Inc
Zoocube

[quote name='floormat']mcvans to close all 3 of its stores in fort wayne indiana this week so if you have any leftover trade in credit the time is NOW![/QUOTE]

i never knew they allowed people to have tabs.. ALSO your credit is worthless since there is nothing worth buying left there ... 80% of all the stock went friday-sunday ...

ALSO

THEY ARE ONLY OPEN NOON TO 5 pm and only the MAPLECREST and the JEFFERSON IS OPEN the Washington one they closed a week ago

went to the jefferson one at NOON about 40 people in their with their screaming kids . even at 50% off its still over priced Crap left

funny how they said they went out of business due to the fact noone wants to pay 40 bucks for a gameboy game.. and noone is buying games its all downloads...

Dude if your workers think Gameboy games still cost 40 bucks you dont belong in business...o and that why gamestop and tons of other places that sell games are still in business. More like your business model was out of date and how you treated many of your customers you pissed off that is why you went belly up

i got a handfull of gameboy advanced games for the kids 1-2.50 after discount and a wimote motion plus for 15. so eh but i got some stuff. But i agree jefferson is just down to cheese. unless you get lucky there really isnt to much to get...

I've been trying to keep up my rounds around Lafayette, so if you're ever curious about stock levels and what not, let me know. Every once in a while I'll pick up extra stuff for trade fodder.

Went to the Super Target on 116th and Lantern Road. Found four Halo Reach Limited Edition games for $23.99 in the clearance isle behind the game section.

116th Street Super Target still has a number of Black Friday deal games in their end of aisle clearance section in the games section. Saw two copies of Street Fighter X Tekken for PS3 for I think $15. A number of copies of Blacked Eye Peas Experience for Kinect. And some copies of Two Worlds 2 marked down by a huge margin.

I picked up the only copy they had of Xbox 360 Rayman Origins for $9.98, which is a steal.

Still a number of copies of Two Worlds 2 for less than $10 at Super Target on 116th Street in Fishers. I believe they were all Xbox 360 copies.

[quote name='slidecage']i never knew they allowed people to have tabs.. ALSO your credit is worthless since there is nothing worth buying left there ... 80% of all the stock went friday-sunday ...

ALSO

THEY ARE ONLY OPEN NOON TO 5 pm and only the MAPLECREST and the JEFFERSON IS OPEN the Washington one they closed a week ago

went to the jefferson one at NOON about 40 people in their with their screaming kids . even at 50% off its still over priced Crap left

funny how they said they went out of business due to the fact noone wants to pay 40 bucks for a gameboy game.. and noone is buying games its all downloads...

Dude if your workers think Gameboy games still cost 40 bucks you dont belong in business...o and that why gamestop and tons of other places that sell games are still in business. More like your business model was out of date and how you treated many of your customers you pissed off that is why you went belly up[/QUOTE]

Overpriced games, and poor customer service put them under. The weird thing is that I was told that even after the doors closed They still had tons of boxes of rare games packed away in the back, people are slowly listing them on Craigslist, and other places, aparently the boxes went dirt cheap cause no one knew what was in them... too lazy to get out a price gun.... Thats' what did them in.

Found a copy of the God of War collection for $8.98 at the Super Target in Fishers. Pretty sure it was a mistake as the copies on the rack were listed at $29.99.

[quote name='Sinnbox']Overpriced games, and poor customer service put them under. The weird thing is that I was told that even after the doors closed They still had tons of boxes of rare games packed away in the back, people are slowly listing them on Craigslist, and other places, aparently the boxes went dirt cheap cause no one knew what was in them... too lazy to get out a price gun.... Thats' what did them in.[/QUOTE]

well the first owner sold out years ago i heard and the new owner had no clue how to run it (They mostly allowed the workers to do what they wanted )

[quote name='Sinnbox']Overpriced games, and poor customer service put them under. The weird thing is that I was told that even after the doors closed They still had tons of boxes of rare games packed away in the back, people are slowly listing them on Craigslist, and other places, aparently the boxes went dirt cheap cause no one knew what was in them... too lazy to get out a price gun.... Thats' what did them in.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slidecage']well the first owner sold out years ago i heard and the new owner had no clue how to run it (They mostly allowed the workers to do what they wanted )[/QUOTE]

A local guy bought most or all of the leftover stock and had it at a flea market. There were huge piles of stuff and I wanted to go through it but the kid was never there, only his father. After about a month a guy from Game X-Change bought the whole lot from him. There were a few jems in all that stuff; some I got to before it was sold other stuff I saw on the shelves in GE.

If anyone here or anyone you know is interested in Magic The Gathering, Yeti Gaming, a TCG store in the STL area, is doing a Standard tournament on Saturday for an Alpha Mox Emerald that sells on the open market for just under $1000. $25 entry fee, standard constructed format with M14 legal.

WIN-A-MOX Tournament- Alpha Mox Emerald

Saturday July 20th .

Entry is $25.00 
Registration from 9:00 am to 10:30. 
Decklists will be required.

The prize pool will expand, but at this point, the top 4 prizes will be GUARANTEED....

1st - Alpha Mox Emerald
2nd - Sealed Box of Modern Masters
3rd - Sealed Box of Choice (Standard product, not MM)
4th - From the Vault Set

We will give the Mox Emerald Away NO MATTER the attendance at the event!!!

The above prizes are based upon 50 players. 
If the attendance increases above expectation....so will the prizes.

What about the non-winners. Every round we will be giving away a Fat Pack as a door prize.

And yes, we will have a judging staff.

I have a level 2 for my store now.....one that I have the utmost confidence and faith in his judging ability and his style...

As always, we have elite prices for packs and boxes (including M14), and we are always buying and selling cards.

Vince and the Crew and Yeti Gaming. Stepping up Magic Events in St. Louis in 2013

They all have a clearance section, but they move around sometimes and around the holidays, they sometimes disappear.  Some stores have them at the endcaps near the video games.  Some have them in endcaps near electronics.  Some are way down by the books.  I know one store in Indy puts their video game clearance over by the stationary and craft supplies.  I tend to just walk every aisle in the store and check out all the endcaps because I'm looking for more than just video game clearance.  I get clothes for my daughter, kitchen stuff, cheap food, toys, decorations, holiday stuff, candy, etc.  Picked up some 70% off camping and fishing gear last night.

They all have a clearance section, but they move around sometimes and around the holidays, they sometimes disappear. Some stores have them at the endcaps near the video games. Some have them in endcaps near electronics. Some are way down by the books. I know one store in Indy puts their video game clearance over by the stationary and craft supplies. I tend to just walk every aisle in the store and check out all the endcaps because I'm looking for more than just video game clearance. I get clothes for my daughter, kitchen stuff, cheap food, toys, decorations, holiday stuff, candy, etc. Picked up some 70% off camping and fishing gear last night.
I'll head back and take a gander since it's just down the road from me and really would like to see what they have on the Clearance end of things out here. Curious is there a place like Disc Replay or is there one out here? We had a few of them in NWI and i'm itching for some old gaming goodness and some good deals on some last gen games. Thanks for the insight maybe this thread will pick up after tax season gets into full swing lol.

bread's done
Back