Indiana Deals Thread

I got kind of a funny story to tell. There was one employee at the Gamestop at Jefferson Pointe (Can't remember his name, gotta look it up. I want to say Brian, but I believe that's wrong) who I picked up numerous preorders by over the Summer by along with making preorders. He allowed me to pick up Persona 3 (despite having to cancel my preorder since I didn't think I'd be in Fort Wayne, but I was) the day after release. I also saw him again just before Christmas when I picked up Time Crisis 2 on PS2 used.

All right, I go into the Gamestop at Wabash Landing today in West Lafayette, IN (where I normally go when I'm in school) and I see him working there. Come to find out, he was transferred there and now the manager.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I got kind of a funny story to tell. There was one employee at the Gamestop at Jefferson Pointe (Can't remember his name, gotta look it up. I want to say Brian, but I believe that's wrong) who I picked up numerous preorders by over the Summer by along with making preorders. He allowed me to pick up Persona 3 (despite having to cancel my preorder since I didn't think I'd be in Fort Wayne, but I was) the day after release. I also saw him again just before Christmas when I picked up Time Crisis 2 on PS2 used.

All right, I go into the Gamestop at Wabash Landing today in West Lafayette, IN (where I normally go when I'm in school) and I see him working there. Come to find out, he was transferred there and now the manager.[/QUOTE]

wonders if that cute chick still works out there jefferson point. its probally been 2 years since i been out there ..

Sherri? Haven't seen her the past few times I've been there. She probably got tired of waiting on me to ask her out and tearfully moved away to pick up the pieces of what had been her life.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Sherri? Haven't seen her the past few times I've been there. She probably got tired of waiting on me to ask her out and tearfully moved away to pick up the pieces of what had been her life.[/quote]Nice. I would've applauded this even more, thinking it was a TMK post.

Why does FW get all the good gaming deals?

[quote name='slidecage']wonders if that cute chick still works out there jefferson point. its probally been 2 years since i been out there ..[/QUOTE]

Some time more than 6 months ago I was talking to Adam the GS manager at the Glenbrook location and he said she left the company.

Yeah, Sherri left. She moved to one of the boutique womens stores at JP. I can't remember which one it was though.

I used to work with her. I swear that woman lived off cigarettes and cereal bars.

I just dropped by TRU in Fort Wayne and saw that Okami was at $12. I should have waited, instead of getting it last month for $23. I haven't even opened it yet.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Dude - did you get it? If you go back, grab me one! I'll pay you for that when we do the guide-buying thing.[/QUOTE]
No, I didn't get any. I had already picked one up last month and didn't think to get others. I think they had 3 copies there. I'm wondering what kind of price matching policy they have?

wooo picked up today at gamecrazy

FF 12 collectors 14.99
Kingdom hearts 2 non gh 14.99
Shadow hears complete 7.99

i had a coupon for buy 2 get 1 free

worker goes right now the free one would be the shadow hearts but if you renew your MVP they will give me one of the 15 buck games free

So 3 games + 1 year MVP for 33..xxx

hell shadow hearts used to fetch 30 to 50 on ebay. alone.

i probally dump shadow hearts and the collectors FF 12 on ebay for around 50 to 60 on ebay.

end up with kingdom hearts 2 + 1 year mvp and make around 20 bucks : )

Non-gaming, but it's Indiana-specific...

Wal-Mart made a screw-up in their Indy Star ad for the week, with 24 packs of regular-sized rolls of Angel Soft toilet paper for $2.21 instead of $5.21. I went to the W-M on Emerson and County Line in Greenwood, and they were honoring the mistake for this ad cycle only (through the 23rd). Kinda hard to beat that price for a necessity, so if you're in the Indianapolis area, you might want to check your W-M for that.

[quote name='falcon815']Non-gaming, but it's Indiana-specific...

Wal-Mart made a screw-up in their Indy Star ad for the week, with 24 packs of regular-sized rolls of Angel Soft toilet paper for $2.21 instead of $5.21. I went to the W-M on Emerson and County Line in Greenwood, and they were honoring the mistake for this ad cycle only (through the 23rd). Kinda hard to beat that price for a necessity, so if you're in the Indianapolis area, you might want to check your W-M for that.[/QUOTE]

so your talking like some kinda ad in the actual paper not in the flyer right ¿? If it was in the flyer it might work in fort wayne if I could somehow get an flyer as I am sure they would have pulled them in the store. I got 7 people in my house so we go thru a lotta TP!!!

If you get in on this, when you go up to the register with all of that paper look at the clerk, smile and say "It's going to be a big weekend."

[quote name='floormat']so your talking like some kinda ad in the actual paper not in the flyer right ¿?[/quote]

That's what it sounds like, from the sign I saw at Emerson/County Line and at the W-M at Southport Crossing.

[quote name='slidecage']good luck getting a job at mcvans. almost everyone whos worked there been there for 5+ years cause they do nothing but stand around all day .

the only way to get fired is to piss off dave (owner)

that is why you always see the same people working in the stores. who in the hell would quit an easy ass job like that[/quote]

Some one that wanted to make more than minimum wage?

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Sherri? Haven't seen her the past few times I've been there. She probably got tired of waiting on me to ask her out and tearfully moved away to pick up the pieces of what had been her life.[/QUOTE]Sherri was gone long ago from the one at Jefferson Pointe. Yeah, I remember her too.
[quote name='arbiter']Yeah, Sherri left. She moved to one of the boutique womens stores at JP. I can't remember which one it was though.

I used to work with her. I swear that woman lived off cigarettes and cereal bars.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I saw her go outside to smoke a lot. I'll have to search for Sherri, since I wondered where she was.

Anyway, I can't exactly remember if I heard it on the news or something the other day, but I could have sworn I heard there's talk of our sales tax going up to 7% one day? I really hope that doesn't happen, but I can't remember.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Sherri was gone long ago from the one at Jefferson Pointe. Yeah, I remember her too.
Yeah, I saw her go outside to smoke a lot. I'll have to search for Sherri, since I wondered where she was.

Anyway, I can't exactly remember if I heard it on the news or something the other day, but I could have sworn I heard there's talk of our sales tax going up to 7% one day? I really hope that doesn't happen, but I can't remember.[/QUOTE]

if i remember right something about property tax going down to 1 percent and sales tax going up 1 per cent basically.

[quote name='floormat']if i remember right something about property tax going down to 1 percent and sales tax going up 1 per cent basically.[/quote]Yeah, that sounds about right. All the bitching about property taxes this past season spurred it on. Damn.

BTW, I had no idea there was (I think) a McVan's up in Fishers. I could've sworn I saw it off of 116th. There's another game trading store that opened up on the south side, but I didn't go in. I just saw the sign. It's in the Southport Road Super Target complex next to the Penn Station. I think it used to be the scrubs store.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, that sounds about right. All the bitching about property taxes this past season spurred it on. Damn.

BTW, I had no idea there was (I think) a McVan's up in Fishers. I could've sworn I saw it off of 116th. There's another game trading store that opened up on the south side, but I didn't go in. I just saw the sign. It's in the Southport Road Super Target complex next to the Penn Station. I think it used to be the scrubs store.[/QUOTE]

It is off 116th, but thats officially Fishers (anything above 96th is across the county line).

[quote name='SteveMcQ']There's another game trading store that opened up on the south side, but I didn't go in. I just saw the sign. It's in the Southport Road Super Target complex next to the Penn Station. I think it used to be the scrubs store.[/quote]

That's a Play-n-Trade franchise. Been there for a few months - I think it opened up back in September. Not much there, but they've got some NES/SNES stuff of pretty good quality, at least. I've only stopped in a couple of times... Emerson and Southport is one of the worst intersections in the area IMO.

looking to buy cosplay costumes and or supplies in the fort wayne area. I know its a stretch but I figure this would be the best place to ask. thanks.

[quote name='briansraregames']Don't know if any of you guys are near Marion, but the FYE in the mall there has 50% off all games and accessories.[/QUOTE]The Lafayette FYE had that a few months ago. Bought some great stuff too. I might be passing Marion when I head to Fort Wayne over the weekend.

Yeah, I was in the chat while the forum was down. Glad to be back. I've been in Fort Wayne all weekend. Can't say I saw anything special, but then again, I barely looked around.

[quote name='falcon815']That's a Play-n-Trade franchise. Been there for a few months - I think it opened up back in September. Not much there, but they've got some NES/SNES stuff of pretty good quality, at least. I've only stopped in a couple of times... Emerson and Southport is one of the worst intersections in the area IMO.[/QUOTE]

yea i live couple mile from there and was not impressed with what they had for the amount of time it takes to get in and out of the area not worth it in my opinion

Mishawaka/South Bend area

Not a gaming deal, but free coffee at a coffee house:

This is a survey for Bethel College Dining Commons: THIS enter code: 90210

You don't need to know what you are talking about, just fill it out. At the end you can print off a coupon for free coffee at Sufficent Grounds (next to the Hollywood Video just off campus). No limit to how many times you do it, and no proof of student status needed (as far as I know).

[quote name='Maxspeed1997']Any CAG's going to the Video Games Live show in Fort Wayne next week?[/QUOTE]I didn't hear about it, and I'm currently not in Fort Wayne.

[quote name='Maxspeed1997']Any CAG's going to the Video Games Live show in Fort Wayne next week?[/QUOTE]

A who to the what now? Details, please.

[quote name='briansraregames']Don't know if any of you guys are near Marion, but the FYE in the mall there has 50% off all games and accessories.[/quote]

Did they have anything good left?

not really a video game deal BUT if you dont have cable

comcast in fort wayne is offering

the triple play ( basic cable--- high speed internet (lowest speed) and phone)

for 79.99 per month for 12 months normally 99.99

new customers only it seems. I called last night and they best they could do for me was 124.99 ... have fun waitin on hold up to 45 mins LOL

[quote name='slidecage']not really a video game deal BUT if you dont have cable

comcast in fort wayne is offering

the triple play ( basic cable--- high speed internet (lowest speed) and phone)

for 79.99 per month for 12 months normally 99.99

new customers only it seems. I called last night and they best they could do for me was 124.99 ... have fun waitin on hold up to 45 mins LOL[/QUOTE]Screw Comcast. I'm sticking to Verizon FiOS. :D I love that high speed internet and channel selection. Comcast has given my family too many headaches, we are done with them.

Well, that's just me though. ;)

My family's had comcast's internet service since it was made available and really haven't had many problems with them. We might be lucky though. The only problem we had was when they upped the speed on our connection. We had the original cable modem from them and it couldn't handle the increase. It was fine once we found a newer cable modem. My main problem with them is what they've been doing to bit torrent. It's made getting linux stuff for some of my classes a pain. I've also been looking into linux to see if I can get away from windows.

[quote name='erehwon']My family's had comcast's internet service since it was made available and really haven't had many problems with them. We might be lucky though. The only problem we had was when they upped the speed on our connection. We had the original cable modem from them and it couldn't handle the increase. It was fine once we found a newer cable modem. My main problem with them is what they've been doing to bit torrent. It's made getting linux stuff for some of my classes a pain. I've also been looking into linux to see if I can get away from windows.[/QUOTE]

what have they been doing¿? got fios but torrent seems to have slowed down quite a bit over a year ago...

[quote name='floormat']what have they been doing¿? got fios but torrent seems to have slowed down quite a bit over a year ago...[/QUOTE]
There's been a big issue over comcast interfering with Bittorrent traffic. Here's a recent article about it. They changed their terms of service to include traffic management. For a while, they were denying any such management.

[quote name='Maxspeed1997']Any CAG's going to the Video Games Live show in Fort Wayne next week?[/quote]

I'm going. Work has season tickets to all the FW Philharmonic shows. I managed to win the drawing this time around.

[quote name='arbiter']I'm going. Work has season tickets to all the FW Philharmonic shows. I managed to win the drawing this time around.[/QUOTE]

oh that was sweet. I had to pay for mine. alas

[quote name='erehwon']There's been a big issue over comcast interfering with Bittorrent traffic. Here's a recent article about it. They changed their terms of service to include traffic management. For a while, they were denying any such management.[/quote]

If you're on a host that regulates Torrents, you may want to try using a BT application that has port randomization. I know uTorrent can do that.
You'll need to set the ports on your router that are ok to forward straight to you machine. Usually a range. Then tell your BitTorrent client what range it can randomize the ports to.

[quote name='Maxspeed1997']Any CAG's going to the Video Games Live show in Fort Wayne next week?[/quote]

Yep, I got my tickets a couple of months ago so I'm pretty excited. I went to play! when I was in Toronto, and it was quite enjoyable.

Yeah, we're going early to do the games exhibition thing. That should be fun. Are they all on free play, or do I need a roll of quarters?
I don't think I'll be participating in the costume contest...no sir.

[quote name='arbiter']Yeah, we're going early to do the games exhibition thing. That should be fun. Are they all on free play, or do I need a roll of quarters?
I don't think I'll be participating in the costume contest...no sir.[/QUOTE]

what no costume ?!¡¿ From the looks of your avatar you'd make the perfect Pikachu

Heads up to Indy CAGs...I know this was posted in a previous deal thread, but it was YMMV and I hadn't been to a Best Buy in ages:

West 38th Street Best Buy had a few games marked down with the yellow stickers. Not the greatest prices yet, but perhaps they'll drop some more.

PS3

$24.99
Genji
Juiced 2

$19.99
The Bigs

Wii
$24.99
Batallion Wars II

Halo Legendary Edition (didn't get the price)

There were a few other titles, but I can't recall them at the moment. Located on a small table in the clearing between CDs/Games/PC Games/Phones.

now that was cool! i'll upload some pictures later tonight or tomorrow. Did anyone see me and my wife ¿? Chi and Hedeki ¿? only 10-15 cosplayers... oh well.

bread's done
Back