Indiana Deals Thread

[quote name='AfroPig']Kendallville Walmart has a ton of clearance games, can't remember much of them but I picked up Simpsons (360) for $10 and Phoenix Wright: T&T for $15.[/quote]

Did you snag the last copy of simpsons on 360? Have you by any chance been there again in the last day or two? I'm just curious if it's worth the drive from fort wayne for a few clearance deals.

Gamestop is still running that "final clearance" summer sale. Not much worth mentioning except:

Several $5 UMD movies at both Glenbrook & Jefferson Pointe.
There are screen protector / accessory packs for PSP Slim for $8.99. Includes the protector, a couple of UMD covers, a dust wipe keychain thing, usb cable, and a battery door that will accept the larger battery pack and has a kickstand for watching movies.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Are most of them lurkers though? I only see a few regular Indy CAG posters.[/quote]

Yah, lurkers. I've talked to a few at TRU and other clearances in my day as they see my printed out list from CAG and ask me what my screen name is. Usually they know me and I don't know them...as in I post enough (well, I used to post enough) that my screen name at least would ring a bell with most people, especially if they also frequent other game sites.

[quote name='falcon815']I'm not sure it's a matter of people clearing out the Greenwood TRU - its inventory just kinda sucks in the first place. The only good clearance stuff I've found there in the last year or so has been Blue Dragon and XBLA Unplugged. When I was still driving to work (read: when gas was around $2.50 a gallon), I could get out to the East Washington TRU, which was a lot more forgotten than Greenwood.[/quote]

Yah, that one is an hour drive for me, but I will make it on the first day of a clearance drop. This late in the game, it's not worth it. I think people do hoard, just from personal experience. I have been to TRU at opening on the first day of several clearance sales and seen people fill up carts with 10 copies of the same game. Sometimes if you ask nicely, they'll give you a copy out of their cart.

The cashier at the Greenwood TRU actually asked where I got the info. I let him know about this site. We shot the shit for a minute and he said there's alot of guys that walk in with lists. Looks like we'll have to get there at opening or there won't be much.

[quote name='depascal22']The cashier at the Greenwood TRU actually asked where I got the info. I let him know about this site. We shot the shit for a minute and he said there's alot of guys that walk in with lists. Looks like we'll have to get there at opening or there won't be much.[/QUOTE]

it totally depends on the cashier for me. if i feel they are for our benefit i mention cag if not i say slickdeals for fatwallet = P

I wonder if I've ever seen any of you guys at all. I usually don't go in with a list though. I target a specific game I want and if I don't see it, I'm out the door quick. I'll start wearing my CAG bracelet again when I'm out perusing the game aisles so you can spot me.

[quote name='floormat']it totally depends on the cashier for me. if i feel they are for our benefit i mention cag if not i say slickdeals for fatwallet = P[/quote]

Same here. The cashier I was talking to was just looking for cheap games though. Nice guy that plays a little bit of everything. Still has a PS2 because he can't afford the current gen hardware/games. Kind of a perfect addition to CAG if you ask me.

[quote name='aaronandjenni']Did you snag the last copy of simpsons on 360? Have you by any chance been there again in the last day or two? I'm just curious if it's worth the drive from fort wayne for a few clearance deals.[/quote]

No more Simpsons, good clearance items are no longer clearance and back at normal prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AfroPig']I'm pretty sure there are some Simpsons left, and if you have a PS3 or Wii, it's $10 for those systems as well. Practically half of the games in the shelves are marked down in clearance, not all of them are really great though.

Some I took note of today are:

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (360) - $45
Soul Nomad (PS2) - $15
Zack & Wiki (Wii) - $15
Odin Sphere (PS2) - $10
Timeshift (PS3) - $20 (360) $30

it may be worth a look, it's hard to remember them all.

Edit- I forgot to mention I saw a guy changing the prices on some of the clearance items, so I may go back out later to check those out. I wish I had something to take a picture of all the games so I could give a full list.[/quote]

Where are these at...???

[quote name='LPS']Where are these at...???[/quote]

Kendallville Wal-mart.

Edit-- Well, I just got back from there, and I wouldn't waste my time with it anyone. They still had most of the games I listed, but they are no longer clearance for whatever reason. They still a bunch of clearance games, but most you can find better prices for elsewhere.

Just picked up a MGS4 80gb ps3 @ Best Buy today. They said they've been keeping them in the back. There were two left when I bought mine. Northcrest BB Fort Wayne...

not a deal but to let people know

Ponderosa

4411 Coldwater Rd.
Fort Wayne, In 46825 Map
(260) 484-0012

has finally went belly up.

the auction for the place is on JULY 28 2008

sad to see this place close up, my self , my sister and 2 of our cousin and probally 100s of friends worked for this place one time or another... I still remember back in 86 our new kitten jumping out of the back window while we was waiting for my sister to get off work. We didnt know she jumped out and went back looking for her. We found her walking around the dumpster crying cause she could smell all of the meat in their

up to this year (July 2007) we went out there for everyones birthday dinners .... July 2007 was the last time we had a party out there and the last time we ate there was around april 2008... There probally was only 4 people in the entire place

You knew it was just a matter of time before they closed when they no longer offered the buffet with the dinners.. It was like 12 bucks

7 bucks for the buffett itself with little to no meat compair to Golden corral down the road. same price but with 10x the pickings ...

its going to be sad to see the place go but then again this was the last one i think in the entire state of indiana (if not the midwest)

bye Ponderosa .... thanks for all of the memories

That's too bad to see them go under. I think I've been to that place once or twice. I thought it was okay, just a little more than I want to spend on a meal usually.

I was also sad when Uno's closed. I only got to go there two or three times. The King Gyros on Coliseum closed a while back. I was annoyed about that since I only got to go there once.

There's still a Ponderosa at Emerson and Thompson in Indianapolis, last I checked. Granted, that was when the Hollywood Video on that corner went out of business, but hey.

I think there are still a couple others floating around the Indy area, too.

For any southsiders looking for Zack and Wiki, go nuts at the Greenwood TRU - they had a stack about 10 high for $8 two nights ago, and the cashier specifically said that there were more in the back. So, ask if you can't find any. For once, they had the clearance bin reasonably organized (gasp). No RE4Wii though.

[quote name='falcon815']For any southsiders looking for Zack and Wiki, go nuts at the Greenwood TRU - they had a stack about 10 high for $8 two nights ago, and the cashier specifically said that there were more in the back. So, ask if you can't find any. For once, they had the clearance bin reasonably organized (gasp). No RE4Wii though.[/quote]Hope they have more when I go later this afternoon. Thanks for the heads up. Nice to see fellow Indy CAGs active and giving out pointers.

Slightly off topic, anyone know where to get some good cannoli in Indy?

use to love eating at ponderosa when I was a kid. was not to bad when I grew up the main prob was that their signature wings quality keeps going down and down and down... thats the main reason I stopped eating there...

[quote name='falcon815']There's still a Ponderosa at Emerson and Thompson in Indianapolis, last I checked. [/quote]

I am fairly sure that one is still in business. Ate their a year or so ago for the nostalgia. It wasn't great...wasn't bad...

Used to go there when I was a kid as it was pretty much the only steak house in Kokomo. We'd go whenever the report cards came out because if you got on the honor roll, you got a coupon for one free kids meal at Ponderosa. My brothers and I would usually get those...so 3 free kids meals and the parents would buy steak+salad bar.

I remember I would usually get the salad bar with the coupon and load up on nachos (they had taco meat, melted cheddar, and tortilla chips) and cottage cheese. I miss the Wendy's Super Bar or whatever they called their salad bar...we ate there all the time. I'd have garlic bread, cottage cheese, and nachos.

I think what really killed Ponderosa is that we have a lot more choices of places to eat in Indiana than we used to. All these damn strip malls everywhere are full of chains. I'm not a big fan of chains myself. I prefer my mom and pop Mexican places here in Indy. Usually the bigger the dive, the better the food. I love that place on east Washington St. right past Irvington.

I prefer my mom and pop Mexican places here in Indy.

Hm. My wife and I have a B1G1 coupon for Casa Miguel's in Greenwood from the entertainment.com book... we really should go check that place out.

Slightly off topic, anyone know where to get some good cannoli in Indy?

The only place in Indy I've had cannoli was at Bravo! on west 86th, and it was pretty good. Haven't had much cannoli experience in my life, though. Speaking of Bravo!, they're putting in one of those near the Greenwood mall - there's been a hiring trailer on the south side of County Line, across from the Thai place, for a few weeks now.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Hmm, I didn't know that Ponderosa closed down. I only ate their once in another state.[/QUOTE]

nice avatar. Suikoden III was such excellant game. I appreciated it so much more after reading the manga. Definately one of the better trilogies ever.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is that El Sol?[/quote]

It's either El Sol if you are going West (which closed for ages, haven't been back to see if it's still as good) or La Hacienda to the East. Hacienda (or El Torcho after the building's previous tenants, the Torch Lounge) is your typical Indiana cheapo Mexican joint, not that that's a bad thing. El Sol is (or was) something special. Can't vouch for it since reopening. If it's like the little one they had open in the former Union Station, it's a shadow of what it once was.

I swung past my parents this weekend. Brought back some manuals and misc crap.
If anyone is looking for these, let me know before I try to put them on gametz or ebay.

Atari Star Raiders sealed in box.
Final Fantasy III manual
Super Scope manual
TMNT: Fall of the Foot Clan box
Mario Paint manual
Warcraft 1 manual
1 box Dr. Mario valentines, unopened.
SNES Mouse manual
SNES World Heroes manual
Total Annihilation Kingdoms "the Chronicles of Darien" manual.

[quote name='erehwon'] The King Gyros on Coliseum closed a while back. I was annoyed about that since I only got to go there once.[/QUOTE]

They've changed that to a pizza buffett a block from the pizza joint I work at. I guess the building was a disaster...

Greenwood TRU clearance update with the new drops: unfortunately, the only new one that's actually there is Master of Illusion (DS) for $9.98 - 20%. Still a stack of Zack and Wiki a mile high.

[quote name='falcon815']Greenwood TRU clearance update with the new drops: unfortunately, the only new one that's actually there is Master of Illusion (DS) for $9.98 - 20%. Still a stack of Zack and Wiki a mile high.[/quote]Same with East Washington TRU. A bunch of Zack and Wiki along with Master of Illusion, and Elite Beat Agents. I think I picked up the last Beautiful Katamari yesterday though. They had them on the display case and not the bin.

not a deal but if anyone knows anyone missing a Dog that lives around the leesburg. flaug arcola bass road area tell them to go to the pound Monday...

there was a dog walking down the middle of the road on flaugh (right next to the horse farms) pulled off and called the dog over and he jumped right into my car... No collar no tags and no chip...

took it to the pound to look for the owner,,, its a pureblood dog

(wont say what it is cause i want the real owner to claim it )

i was going to leave it but i seen too many animals hit on that road and knew they would get it sooner or later....

sad thing is i seen 3 or 4 cars just fly right pass it ,almost hitting it and just kept on going

Girlfriend and I finally checked out Disc Replay. Got Motorstorm for $9.99 and Jeepers Creepers DVD for $5.99. GF got Fantavision for $4.99, Slots (PS1) $4.99 and something else. I was totally impressed with their selection, but shocked that they have no inventory system - or at least it didn't seem so. I asked for a couple of titles and the guys working there pawed through piles of carts. If they don't have some sort of inventory system, that's pretty damn dumb.

VH One video on US 31 in Greenwood finally closed. I guess the crappy selection of five million sports games weren't paying the rent. That and not having any games for the 360/PS3/Wii/PSP/Wii or any movies on Blu-Ray spelled their eventual doom.

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']Girlfriend and I finally checked out Disc Replay. Got Motorstorm for $9.99 and Jeepers Creepers DVD for $5.99. GF got Fantavision for $4.99, Slots (PS1) $4.99 and something else. I was totally impressed with their selection, but shocked that they have no inventory system - or at least it didn't seem so. I asked for a couple of titles and the guys working there pawed through piles of carts. If they don't have some sort of inventory system, that's pretty damn dumb.[/quote]

I have wondered about their inventory system, I also hate how they raised their prices earlier this summer.

Has anyone here been to The Collectors Box in Huntington? I visited it on my lunch break today and was put off buy the owners cocky attitude, and lack of knowledge on games.

[quote name='Rictor']Yah, that one is an hour drive for me, but I will make it on the first day of a clearance drop. This late in the game, it's not worth it. I think people do hoard, just from personal experience. I have been to TRU at opening on the first day of several clearance sales and seen people fill up carts with 10 copies of the same game. Sometimes if you ask nicely, they'll give you a copy out of their cart.[/quote]

Ya, I live in Berne so i dont make it up to TRU verry often, and when i do they are usualy out of the clearance stuff, I have heard that there is a "Rather large" guy that usualy comes in and cleans out all the clearance stuff once a week.

Someone also loves cleaning out the Decatur K-Mart I saw a stack of Blazing Angels there last tuesday and when i found out they were on clearance I went right back and they were gone, the whole stack of about 10 copies.

[quote name='slidecage']not a deal but if anyone knows anyone missing a Dog that lives around the leesburg. flaug arcola bass road area tell them to go to the pound Monday...

there was a dog walking down the middle of the road on flaugh (right next to the horse farms) pulled off and called the dog over and he jumped right into my car... No collar no tags and no chip...

took it to the pound to look for the owner,,, its a pureblood dog

(wont say what it is cause i want the real owner to claim it )

i was going to leave it but i seen too many animals hit on that road and knew they would get it sooner or later....

sad thing is i seen 3 or 4 cars just fly right pass it ,almost hitting it and just kept on going[/QUOTE]

its off the webpage so it seems the owner claimed it...

it was a full blooded pug.... glad it got back to its home : )

went in tuesday and found out the owner did claim it...

Just got a new puppyu today (thursday) We still love you coco though

Anyone ever hit up the pawn shops in Greenwood or on the Southside of Indy? I've been meaning to stop by the one on US 31 and Stop 11 (or is it 13?).

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Is that El Sol?[/quote]

Nah, I hate El Sol. It's La Hacienda. El Sol seems more like Spanish food than Mexican to me...especially with seafood on the menu. I guess it depends on what part of Mexico your in whether they specialize in seafood or not but all of Spain specializes in seafood. I can't stand Spanish food though.

No me gusta El Sol, pero me gusta La Hacienda.

La Hacienda is teh awesome. I forget which fajita platter I got the last time I was there, but it had enough for 2 people and was goooood.

[quote name='depascal22']Anyone ever hit up the pawn shops in Greenwood or on the Southside of Indy? I've been meaning to stop by the one on US 31 and Stop 11 (or is it 13?).[/quote]

The CashAmerica? It's on 31 and Stop 13, across the street from TRU. It's pretty crappy, to be honest - I haven't seen anything decent there for over a year. I think most people in the area who are inclined to do so take their stuff to Disc Replay or Gamestop.

There are a couple pawnshops on the near south side that are right next to each other - both on 31 just north of National Road - but they've both fallen off the map in the past year or so too.

If you're so inclined, stop by the Flea Market on 31 and National and talk to the old gamer guy (turn left inside the front door and keep walking). His booth is pretty cool, though the problem is that he knows what he's got and (usually) knows how much it's worth. I've seen him with complete in box copies of Popful Mail (Sega CD), Secret of Mana, and "FFIII" (SNES) before, but he had 'em all at $50+.

What about the swap meet on Washington St? I haven't been there for years but I'm going to stop in to see Helen. She runs the "herbal" store at the swap meet and a head shop in Mooresville.

Not familiar with much of anything on Washington St, really. About all I've hit up on East Washington is TRU, and I know nothing about west Washington at all.

Does anyone here frequent the Book Nook in Decatur? We are looking for more board game fans to play Settlers of Catan on saturdays at 12:30.

Speaking of Books, if you're into comics, and near Ft. Wayne, check out Discount Comic Book Service. www.dcbservice.com It's in the office park just to the north east of the intersection of Washington Center Rd and Hillegas. They're in the first building on the left as you drive in from WCR.

It's a mail order house for comic books, but they have a retail store. They sell most everything at 35% off retail if you walk in, or 40% if you preorder via web. (they say put "(Local)" after your name when creating your account.)

They have a large amount of "damaged" Trade Paperbacks and Graphic Novels that normally sell for 50% off. Usually they just have a dogeared corner or a crease in the cover. Last week they were running a special for 75% off, they weren't sure how long they would run it.

I'd call and check the hours before you stop in though, I think they're only open Wed-Sat and it's weird hours like 11 to 8 or something.

[quote name='arbiter']Speaking of Books, if you're into comics, and near Ft. Wayne, check out Discount Comic Book Service. www.dcbservice.com It's in the office park just to the north east of the intersection of Washington Center Rd and Hillegas. They're in the first building on the left as you drive in from WCR.

It's a mail order house for comic books, but they have a retail store. They sell most everything at 35% off retail if you walk in, or 40% if you preorder via web. (they say put "(Local)" after your name when creating your account.)

They have a large amount of "damaged" Trade Paperbacks and Graphic Novels that normally sell for 50% off. Usually they just have a dogeared corner or a crease in the cover. Last week they were running a special for 75% off, they weren't sure how long they would run it.

I'd call and check the hours before you stop in though, I think they're only open Wed-Sat and it's weird hours like 11 to 8 or something.[/QUOTE]

I think I might check it out. I enjoy searching through small, out of the way places. I'd like to look through some of those Trade Paperbacks and Graphic Novels. I haven't been that into comics, but I figure that is a good way to get into them.

Disc Replay has loaded up on a ton more stock. The manager says they're doing a crazy amount of business. They're hiring more staff, and are going to expand the store into the shop next door soon.

The volume of games and systems they have in stock has gone way up.

I picked up Panzer Dragoon II Zwei for Saturn there yesterday.

bread's done
Back