Indiana Deals Thread

I don't know if anyone is interested but the Greenwood Target has dropped the clearance price on the 120 GB 360 HD again. Now it is down to $89. When I was there this evening they had one left on the electronics clearance rack. I'm assuming the other Target stores will be dropping sometime soon as well.

[quote name='Jasonofindy']I don't know if anyone is interested but the Greenwood Target has dropped the clearance price on the 120 GB 360 HD again. Now it is down to $89. When I was there this evening they had one left on the electronics clearance rack. I'm assuming the other Target stores will be dropping sometime soon as well.[/quote]

Yeah, when I was there on Tuesday, there were two left. I'm kind of surprised they've held out this long - the Southport Target ran out before they ever hit 50%.

Any other good clearance finds at either the Greenwood or Southport Targets? I haven't been able to get down there for quite a while now.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Any other good clearance finds at either the Greenwood or Southport Targets? I haven't been able to get down there for quite a while now.[/quote]

The Greenwood store had a 360 wheel as well. I think the price was thirty-something (I didn't look very closely as I wasn't really interested). They had a bunch of third party wireless PS2 controllers and memory card combos. I really don't remember the price on them.

None of the games stood out as great deals so I really couldn't tell you exactly what was there. I think some of last year's Madden for the Wii, that Dead or Alive Xtreme game from early in the 360's life, maybe a wrestling game, and some other similar junk. I haven't been over to the Southport store in ages. (I've got two toddlers ages 3 and 1 and don't really get out to the stores much anymore.)

To be honest, the Greenwood Target seems to be cleared out of the good stuff before it ever gets to the phenomenally cheap $13 price that I've read about at other places. I remember seeing Heavenly Sword at the $29 clearance price but it was long gone before it hit $13. I've had better luck at out of town Target stores. For instance, about a month ago on vacation in MO I found both Lost Odyssey and Scene it! with all four buzzers for $13 each at a Target store long after they were gone here.

I don't know how hot of a deal you'd consider it, but the Disc Replay on 31 by the Wal-mart sold me used PS Rock Band drums for $29 last Sunday. They were marked at $37 or $38, but when I asked the current price they said $29. They had at least one more PS set and two more 360 sets. Combined with the $25 Gold Box GH3 controller I got a couple weeks ago and the $15 used copy of the game I got from an Amazon seller, my wife and I are enjoying Rock Band on the cheap.

They also had one used copy of Eternal Sonata on the PS3 already marked down to $39. I passed as I don't have time to play it now and figure I can find it on either the 360 or the PS3 used somewhere cheaper in six months, but I think that is the cheapest I've seen the PS3 game.

[quote name='erehwon']
There was only one table with games and they were more than I wanted to pay. There were some Odyssey 2 games I was thinking about. When asked about them, he mentioned they were $6 a piece, but If I wanted them all, he'd give me a deal. I was more thinking $6 for all the odyssey games, and that is being generous.

[/quote]

It sounds like the guy that gos to the decatur flea-market once a month, he never comes down on games, but when he actualy has something rare it's always dirt cheap.

P.S. did any of you guys hit the Bluffton Game Zone for the 3.99 sale? I got there late and missed tons of 3.99 RPGs for PS2 and GC.

Anyone know if Disc Replay credit works between stores?

The one on East Washington is doing an extra 20% on PS2 and newer trade ins. Also, in case anyone cares, they had two Saturn packages, one with more games for $30, one with better games for $70. Just FYI, because it's been ages since I've seen a Saturn in the wild.

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Anyone know if Disc Replay credit works between stores?

The one on East Washington is doing an extra 20% on PS2 and newer trade ins. Also, in case anyone cares, they had two Saturn packages, one with more games for $30, one with better games for $70. Just FYI, because it's been ages since I've seen a Saturn in the wild.[/quote]

so there is another Disc Replay in Frot Wayne? is it managesd by the same guy? I used to like the one by platos closet untill they jumped to McVans style higher than E-Bay prices.

I may have to check it out next time I'm up there.

There are some elsewhere in Indiana. I think Indianapolis...and somewhere else.
Last time I was in there it was the same manager. He says the Indianapolis home office sets the pricing, and he thinks they go off web searches to figure out their prices.

Most of the time I think they're pretty fair. Occasionally you see something wacky, like Mike Tyson Punch-Out for $26.

There are three in Indianapolis: one in the Castleton area, one on east Washington, and another on 31 near Southport Road. I've seen them use the internet occasionally when I've traded stuff there, but I've also seen them use a printed-off list from somewhere as well.

I need a copy of Viva Pinata Pocket Paradise by tomorrow. Anyone have a copy for trade. I'll probably just pick one up at Circuit City but I'd figured I try here first.

[quote name='Sinnbox']so there is another Disc Replay in Frot Wayne? is it managesd by the same guy? I used to like the one by platos closet untill they jumped to McVans style higher than E-Bay prices.[/quote]

If you were replying to me, I don't know. I'm in Indianapolis. :D

BTW, the Caselton store is giving an extra 50% on in store credit this week.

[quote name='arbiter']There are some elsewhere in Indiana. I think Indianapolis...and somewhere else.
Last time I was in there it was the same manager. He says the Indianapolis home office sets the pricing, and he thinks they go off web searches to figure out their prices.

Most of the time I think they're pretty fair. Occasionally you see something wacky, like Mike Tyson Punch-Out for $26.[/quote]

I was in there last weekend and the TIV's they gave me were way out of wack with web pricing, but then I was thinking about trading in some rarer stuff, I found that they dont give the correct price on rare editions of games, such as the substance games in the GGS series(although they are lower now). Which is cool unless you are trading them in.

hey anyone in fort wayne eat at Smokey bones coupons in appleglen

i got some

10.00 off your next visit (doesnt say a min is needed)

anyone want to make offers for them

LOVE To switch them out for GOlden corral coupons or other coupons or just make a crazy offer

EDIT used 5 coupons saturday night... went out with a few friends. we all asked for single bills. 5 people ate almost for free

Last edited by a moderator:
hey all. I've been away from the thread for a while and I'm sorry if this has been posted already. I was at the Meijer at 126th and US31 and saw Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank Future both for $36.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']hey anyone in fort wayne eat at Smokey bones coupons in appleglen

i got some

10.00 off your next visit (doesnt say a min is needed)

anyone want to make offers for them

LOVE To switch them out for GOlden corral coupons or other coupons or just make a crazy offer

EDIT used 5 coupons saturday night... went out with a few friends. we all asked for single bills. 5 people ate almost for free[/QUOTE]

still got around 15 left if anyone wants to make an offer... Place is in appleglens in fort wayne

[quote name='ObiBen']hey all. I've been away from the thread for a while and I'm sorry if this has been posted already. I was at the Meijer at 126th and US31 and saw Uncharted and Ratchet and Clank Future both for $36.[/quote]
Kokomo meijer also had ratchet for $36.I passed though because i got it atradio shack on clearance for $19.97 i think it was.

MGS4 is also on clearance at radio shack for $19 something.Along with ratchet and clank and assassins creed.There are also a few xbox360 games on clearance for cheap but im not sure which ones.Check out the radio shack clearance thread in the main forum to see.

Indy stores should sell games.I got my racthet and clank from the peru store they had 1 of each game i mentioned above and that was it period.

If anyone is searching for Valkyria Chronicles on PS3 for cheap, the Wal-Mart on Jefferson Pointe has the game marked down to $30.00. When I was last there, they had 4 copies. I was tempted to buy another copy to see if any CAG wanted it, but decided against it.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']If anyone is searching for Valkyria Chronicles on PS3 for cheap, the Wal-Mart on Jefferson Pointe has the game marked down to $30.00. When I was last there, they had 4 copies. I was tempted to buy another copy to see if any CAG wanted it, but decided against it.[/QUOTE]

wow great deal. played demo but it left something to be desired....

Have any of you Fort Wayne guys been to this new pizza place called Pizza Forum? It's in the shopping center across from the coliseum with the goodwill store. They have some really good pizza. I just thought I'd let you guys know.

Wow, Indiana deals have been dead lately. I've been to a ton of stores lately in Indy and haven't really seen much worth reporting, other than bare shelves. The KB Toys in Castleton Sq. Mall will be out of business any day now if they aren't already. They got wiped out at Christmas and the prices didn't seem that great to me. They had a few random video games behind the counter as of last week. Nothing worth a trip for.

I got hired on as a seasonal worker at the Greenwood CC and there hasn't been much there. Everyone wants the Wii and Wii Fit but we've been getting less than ten a month of each.

Someone did get a great deal for themselves by walking out the door with two 80gb PS3s though. Luckily, I wasn't working at the time.

I was looking through the paper from a couple days ago and I noticed an article about Half Priced Books coming to Fort Wayne. This is nice considering all the good deals I've heard people getting there.

That's awesome to hear!

Has anyone noticed any good deals in or around Fort Wayne? I haven't been out scavenger hunting in awhile since it's been so damn cold.

[quote name='erehwon']I was looking through the paper from a couple days ago and I noticed an article about Half Priced Books coming to Fort Wayne. This is nice considering all the good deals I've heard people getting there.[/quote]

I'm always sure to check the games section when I'm in Half Priced Books after I found Psychonauts there for $3. I also found some good NES titles.

[quote name='depascal22']Circuit City is liquidating so I'll keep you guys posted on any good deals at the GW CC.[/quote]

Sweet, that would be appreciated.

On the subject of Half-Price Books, I've found a couple of decent games there too. They had the PC version of MGS2:Substance for something like $5 quite a while back. Inferior controls, sure, but at the time, you couldn't get Substance for less than $30 otherwise...

I haven't checked the Half-Price books on US 31 lately but they never have anything of note. Or it could just be that everyone snatches up the good stuff quickly.

greenwood was a mad house tonight at about 5pm loads and loads of people nothin all that great a price though. did have the xboxlive 12month at 30% off and ms points as well(was about out of them)

Has anyone checked out the Fort Wayne Circuit City yet? I didn't know if the discounts were universal nationwide or not. It seems like they are varying between locations according to reports on the main deals forum. Any info would be cool.

Greenwood discounts:

Everything is at least 10% off.
CD/DVD/Blu-Rays/Games 20% off
Game accessories (includes points cards and XBL) 30% off

As of last night, there were no more 360 controllers, 12 month XBL or any Wii accessories except for a couple Wii Sensor bars and Wii-mote gloves.

Fort Wayne discounts:

CD/DVD/Blu-Rays 20% off
Video Games 10% off
Game accessories 10%
Most other things are only 10% off except all cables are 30% off

[quote name='bantheradio']Fort Wayne discounts:

CD/DVD/Blu-Rays 20% off
Video Games 10% off
Game accessories 10%
Most other things are only 10% off except all cables are 30% off[/quote]

yeah thats not too great. Was it still a madhouse though? Too bad the game accessories weren't 30% off like most of the other locations, I was hoping for some cheap point cards.

I was at the Fort Wayne CC yesterday. It was very busy. I dropped by since I went to check on the clearance stuff at Sears. I wonder how often they are going to up the percentages?

The Wal-Mart on Washington St in Indianapolis has Rock Band 2 for the 360 and PS3 marked down to $100 (complete with Was $189 sign). Picked up a copy for the 360 and it rang up correctly.

They had two copies of the 360 version and one on the flat skid in the aisle and possible more on the 12 foot run in electronics proper.

I haven't found anything great on clearance at the Sears in the Glenbook Mall for a while. Almost every time I look at games, I get bugged by a salesman that (usually that fat guy with thick glasses). He's been there forever at Sears (most probably know who I'm talking about. I believe he has a little dark gray hair, but somewhat bald).

[quote name='bantheradio']Did you find anything worth while at Sears, Erehwon? ;)[/QUOTE]

I picked up 2 copies of singstar for the ps3 and 1 copy of DDR Universe 2 for the 360. I'm selling one of the copies of singstar to someone on the board. I'm thinking of using the other as a present. I don't usually find much though.

I can't wait for that Half Price books to open up. It'll be nice to have another used book store.

I just got hired at the Half Price Books that is opening up on Coliseum. If all goes as planned, it should be open by the first week of March. In the event that I don't get fired during my twelve week training program, I will definitely post some of the deals that I find within our store.

[quote name='depascal22']Greenwood discounts:

Everything is at least 10% off.
CD/DVD/Blu-Rays/Games 20% off
Game accessories (includes points cards and XBL) 30% off

As of last night, there were no more 360 controllers, 12 month XBL or any Wii accessories except for a couple Wii Sensor bars and Wii-mote gloves.[/quote]

This is why I don't bother with going out of business sales anymore. People jump on the stuff way to early. You gotta wait until stuff hits at least 50% off! :p

[quote name='bantheradio']I just got hired at the Half Price Books that is opening up on Coliseum. If all goes as planned, it should be open by the first week of March. In the event that I don't get fired during my twelve week training program, I will definitely post some of the deals that I find within our store.[/quote]

Do you know if they are still hiring? I could use some extra income so I can buy more games and electronics I don't really need. :)

[quote name='donaldtrunk']Do you know if they are still hiring? I could use some extra income so I can buy more games and electronics I don't really need. :)[/QUOTE]I still need a job in general. I've tried applying to 30+ places ever since I finished college in May 2008, and still no luck. :whistle2:( I've even tried applying outside Fort Wayne, IN into other cities across the U.S., and still no luck.

I've seen SingStar on PS3 at Sears for a while, but never knew it was on clearance at ours. I already got mine long ago.

I'm getting ready to finish at IPFW, and that news really sucks to hear. I don't plan on staying in FW anyway, but I'm sure the job market is terrible almost anywhere right now. What's your degree in - what type of work do you hope to get?

I went back to work at Circuit City and the games were back to 10% off. They had been 20% Saturday and Sunday but the liquidators put the kibosh on that.

Still plenty of 360s and PS3s there at 10% off.

I heard a rumor that most of the inventory might get shipped to Castleton and the Greenwood store closed earlier than the others.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I still need a job in general. I've tried applying to 30+ places ever since I finished college in May 2008, and still no luck. :whistle2:( I've even tried applying outside Fort Wayne, IN into other cities across the U.S., and still no luck..[/quote]
I was right there with you. I graduated from Tri-State University (now Trine) in Dec 2007 and was unemployed for six months. After searching for a degree in my field (psychology) and discovering the limited (read: grueling) jobs available, I finally got a job at Wal-Mart as a dairy stocker. By sheer coincidence, I stumbled on the Half Price Books ad in the classifieds and decided I was ready for a change.

At the moment, I am not sure if HPB will be hiring any more people. They did a series of interviews over the course of a weekend and, apparently, made their decisions a few days afterwards. My first day is the 26th and I should have a better idea of their staffing plans by the end of the week. If all else fails, I would suggest putting in an application at the Wal-Mart off of 37. There are a few openings (two for third shift dairy that I know of). In addition to this, they will be hiring an entire crew for a remodel that is planned for March. Hope that helps.

bread's done
Back