Indiana Deals Thread

[quote name='Sinnbox']Where is half price book located? Fort Wayne?

Also Bluffton BlockBuster got in a huge restock from local stores for a Gears of War challenge they had going on, If anyone wants to take advantage of the B1G1 bluffton is the place to check, I spent all I can afford and there were still tons of good personal picks/flips left as of noon today.[/QUOTE]
There is a Half Price Books located in Fort Wayne off of Coliseum Blvd. It's past the shopping center with Best Buy.

I like the store, but I usually only go to check out the clearance book section. They do have a game section, but I don't usually see much of interest there.

i picked up some cheap ps2 games yesterday (1.00 each) or 80 cents each after discount.

they got CONTACT for the ds for 18.00 WTF

sometimes you will find nice gameson clearance for 1.00 to 2.00 (picked up 3 PSP games for 2.00 each last month for 2.00) each

[quote name='floormat']got carnival games for the DS at half price books for $8 bucks. Not to bad at all.[/QUOTE]

saw that in the box today BUT they said they were not allow to sell anything in that box until it got processed.. did you see anything else in the ds.. box has about 5 or 6 ds games and a butt load of pc games

[quote name='slidecage']saw that in the box today BUT they said they were not allow to sell anything in that box until it got processed.. did you see anything else in the ds.. box has about 5 or 6 ds games and a butt load of pc games[/QUOTE]

i can't remember them all but i know i saw all the ds games that were there a week ago minus carnival games of course. River king and 2 others

[quote name='floormat']i can't remember them all but i know i saw all the ds games that were there a week ago minus carnival games of course. River king and 2 others[/QUOTE]

contact for 18 and cant think of the other game... be nice if they start sticking some of those PSP games that been sitting there for a month on clearance for 2.00 like they did a few months back...

little interesting thing i found out... My room mate was going to get a job there but was told

SHE WOULD NOT BE HIRED CAUSE I SELL STUFF ON EBAY..

they said if she wanted the job she would have to move out.... Thats right IM selling the stuff not her

Unless they changed the policy in the last year, that's total bullshit. Obviously you weren't allowed to use your employee discount buy stuff to resell, but it was
more of a "don't do anything to cause suspicion an you'll be ok."

[quote name='Captain Wrong']Unless they changed the policy in the last year, that's total bullshit. Obviously you weren't allowed to use your employee discount buy stuff to resell, but it was
more of a "don't do anything to cause suspicion an you'll be ok."[/QUOTE]

well it says right on the app (was looking at her 2nd copy) it states that your not allow to buy trade or sell anything if you do they give you 4 weeks to stop if you dont seems you will be fired

That's amazing that there is a HPB in fort wayne I have always wanted to go to one, I wish I had known about it when I was still buying stuff to resell, lol.

I'll have to check it out next time i'm up there, see if they have anything decent to add to my collection.

[quote name='Sinnbox']That's amazing that there is a HPB in fort wayne I have always wanted to go to one, I wish I had known about it when I was still buying stuff to resell, lol.

I'll have to check it out next time i'm up there, see if they have anything decent to add to my collection.[/QUOTE]
There can be good stuff, but I usually only check the clearance stuff. I'm very cheap. I also have to be careful with what I buy, since I'm running out of room for stuff.

Disc Replay has a Magnavox Odyssey in their display case, looks to be in very good condition.
Also a silver PS2 slim.
A PSOne w/ LCD screen attachment.

Any FW CAGs know the status of the two GameCrazys in town? I made need to shift my Modern Warfare 2 preorder. I sure hope the St. Joe Center Rd. location doesn't close.

[quote name='donaldtrunk']Any FW CAGs know the status of the two GameCrazys in town? I made need to shift my Modern Warfare 2 preorder. I sure hope the St. Joe Center Rd. location doesn't close.[/QUOTE]

neither location seemed in danger of closing last time i was there.

[quote name='donaldtrunk']Any FW CAGs know the status of the two GameCrazys in town? I made need to shift my Modern Warfare 2 preorder. I sure hope the St. Joe Center Rd. location doesn't close.[/QUOTE]

in a way i hope they do after how they treated my cousin on the last buy 1 4.99 under get 1 free deal... it said ANY they refused to sell Ds and GBA games...

i still got a 125 buck gift credit card there and might run out sunday and see if they are doing the 30% off sale

Both FW locations are closing. I was in last night and they had just gotten the word. Refunded my preorders and said they wouldn't have much left for the clearance sale after they boxed up the stuff on their lists. Closing late Oct. they had a countdown display up which was kinda funny.

[quote name='kissinger99']Both FW locations are closing. I was in last night and they had just gotten the word. Refunded my preorders and said they wouldn't have much left for the clearance sale after they boxed up the stuff on their lists. Closing late Oct. they had a countdown display up which was kinda funny.[/QUOTE]

yeap just got off the phone and heard same thing... SATURDAY starts their 30% off ALL USED GAMES

they are plannin on staying open till OCT 25 BUT could close at any day so they said if I wanted something be out there saturday....

NEW INFO

THEY ARE ONLY OPEN NOON TO 8 PM

will hit them up saturday or sunday...

Are there any Indy locations? The only one I know of used to be at 38th and College, but it's been closed forever.

[quote name='ObiBen']Are there any Indy locations? The only one I know of used to be at 38th and College, but it's been closed forever.[/QUOTE]

Nope, the closest is the one at the Plainfield Metropolis mall.

I'll be at the St. Joe Center Road store later today. I need to cash out my MW2 preorder and hopefully pick up some older 360, PS3, and PS2 titles. I'm hoping for a cheap, used DS Lite as well.

[quote name='Don Chubo']I stopped by there Saturday around 1 or so and almost everything was already boxed up. Lame. And none of you bastards were there![/QUOTE]

so im guessing NO reason to go tomorrow ... looking for mostly Ds and psp games only...

sucks im stuck with 125 bucks credit and nothing to spend it on

I was at the Coldwater/Dupont location on Saturday night. They still had a pretty good amount of used games left. Lots of PS2/GameCube/Xbox for $4-8 before discount.

Hey Indiana CAGs, long time no see? Anyway, most of you probably heard, one of the reasons I stopped posting here is that I did move out of the state a while ago. I don't think I'll be back in the area until late this year. Sorry I can't take away good deals from you all anymore. :p I'll admit I definitely miss not having Meijer (where I use to buy most games at).

Wake up, Hoosier CAGs. :) So I stopped at Disc Replay in Castleton and then Disc Replay in Avon this week. The Castleton game prices on a lot of stuff were half the Avon prices. Are disc replay prices set by the manager/employees on a whim or do they have a pricing database they use? Example: Elebits on Wii $3.99 in Castleton, $7.99 in Avon. Their blu-ray prices aren't bad...lots of $10-12.99 discs. Better used prices than Blockbuster on used blu-rays but a much smaller selection. Of course, you get the actual blu-ray cases instead of the lame Blockbuster rental cases though.

I then started looking at the vintage games and noticed the prices for the same game varied a bit in the case. I saw a SNES game complete in the box that was $2 CHEAPER than the exact same game cart-only. Seemed odd to me.

Vintage game prices have dropped a lot in the last couple years. Most of the common NES games are $1-2. I even saw a few complete NES games for $1-2 a pop.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Not game related, but damn that was an epic explosion near you Rictor.[/QUOTE]

Yah, I work in an office on 82nd right by that bridge. Thought we were being hit by a mild earthquake again, as the whole building shook pretty hard. Glad they finally reopened 465...I have a long commute from the west side.

I noticed in Georgetown that some kind of arcade is going in. It's where the rustic hutch used to be. They got games in there, but it doesn't look like it is open yet.

[quote name='erehwon']I noticed in Georgetown that some kind of arcade is going in. It's where the rustic hutch used to be. They got games in there, but it doesn't look like it is open yet.[/QUOTE]

New Dave and busters mini... yeah right...

Heh...my significant other just bought her mom two crock pots for Christmas with some of our Dave & Busters tickets. Still have 34,000 left. Not sure what I'm saving up for...nothing much I want there at the moment.

[quote name='Rictor']Heh...my significant other just bought her mom two crock pots for Christmas with some of our Dave & Busters tickets. Still have 34,000 left. Not sure what I'm saving up for...nothing much I want there at the moment.[/QUOTE]

Are you the Skeeball wizard?

[quote name='erehwon']I noticed in Georgetown that some kind of arcade is going in. It's where the rustic hutch used to be. They got games in there, but it doesn't look like it is open yet.[/QUOTE]

if flop and be closed by march they had an arcard mini golf in there back in 1993 and it didnt even last 6 months... i think that so called in door shuffle board place didnt even last 3 months

Does anyone near Ft. Wayne need a giant subwoofer? I have a Samson Resolv120a 10" 120watt powered studio sub that I need to trade. We rearranged the living room and it's just too big. It's about 2' x 2'. I'd swap it for gaming stuff. It's makes a good home theater sub. PM me if you're interested.

In other news did you see that both Jefferson Point and Glenbrook got new arcade/redemption game stores near the food courts. I wonder if it's just for the holidays or if they'll stick around. They're nothing fancy, but it is cool to see an arcade around.

[quote name='arbiter']Does anyone near Ft. Wayne need a giant subwoofer? I have a Samson Resolv120a 10" 120watt powered studio sub that I need to trade. We rearranged the living room and it's just too big. It's about 2' x 2'. I'd swap it for gaming stuff. It's makes a good home theater sub. PM me if you're interested.

In other news did you see that both Jefferson Point and Glenbrook got new arcade/redemption game stores near the food courts. I wonder if it's just for the holidays or if they'll stick around. They're nothing fancy, but it is cool to see an arcade around.[/QUOTE]

real stores or just the machines sitting in the middle of the isles ..... I still have 25,000 tickets from that one arcade place that closed down years ago ... used to play there every saturday with my grandmother back from like 89 to 93....Used to win tons of stuff animals out of the machines (back then it was 25 cents per play)

I still remember walking out with like 20 to 30 animals ever saturday... and sometimes we would get lucky and they would fill them right there and we could just knock out the animlas with the claw insted of even trying to pick them up[

i miss those times

They're smallish stores. The one at Glenbook is across from Turn One. I haven't seen it yet. The other is a Jefferson Point in the food court where Panchero's used to be. That one has a few coin rides, a few redemption games, and usually a couple of race games, a gun game, and that sort of thing.

Has anyone heard if Discount Comic Book Service is having a Black Friday deal this year? I tried calling and I get a message saying the number is disconnected. Unfortunately, their site doesn't say anything about in store deals.

[quote name='foltzie']Are you the Skeeball wizard?[/QUOTE]

Naa...I win them at the game where you flip the balls into dinosaur paws. It pays out more tickets than pretty much any other game in the building.

Wal-Mart has marked Tony Hawk's Ride down to $88 from $120. Probably trying to get rid of it during Christmas before people start reading all the bad reviews.
I saw this at the Fort Wayne Southtown store, but I'm guessing it's probably the same everywhere.

Not a deal, but figured you guys might know the best place to get rid of my Ultimate Marvel Hardcover books. Don't really know what all places in Indianapolis would actually take them.

[quote name='jp0213']Not a deal, but figured you guys might know the best place to get rid of my Ultimate Marvel Hardcover books. Don't really know what all places in Indianapolis would actually take them.[/QUOTE]

Only place that would take them that I know of is Half Price Books. Doubt they would give much for them as they sell them for half cover price and tend to pay no more than 10% of cover price for stuff that's brand new, let alone older books.

Best deal would be Ebay. Could try Craigs List too...

bread's done
Back