Indie Gala Group Buy Thread

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Will be hosting IG11 - Please PM if interested in reserving a slot.

For the newbies, I do not know how much the HH group buy price will be (likely to be be between $1.50 and $2, but no promises). This is all contingent on there being a happy hour. Keep track of the bundle time because if there is no HH with a day or less left, there might not be one and in that case if you really want the bundle you are better off buying it on your own.[/QUOTE]

Same statement as CLF - thanks CheapLikeAFox!

I have bundles purchased and in hand - please PM if you want a spot!

Spots left:
1 csidegamer paid
2 Phasher99
3 atticus14 paid
4 RandyRoper
5 Jin_Devil
6 randomdud paid
7 randomdud paid
8 drakaenae paid
9 Kazaganthi paid
10 smackattack paid
11 sainrub paid
12 Mike UFC paid
13 Tsel paid
14 anarchyoblivion
15 CitizenErased13
16 JT23 paid
17 shivan128 paid

Last edited by a moderator:
Would any one who bought a BTA Indie Gala 11 Bundle be willing to buy the Classic Adventure Bundle (Black Mirror 2/3, Alter Ego, Mata Hari) for me? I already have BM 2/3 from Amazon, but want Alter Ego and Mata Hari, and $1.50 per game is easier to swallow than $2 per ;) PM me if you're willing to help me out - I can do PayPal or Amazon GC.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Will be hosting IG11 - Please PM if interested in reserving a slot.

For the newbies, I do not know how much the HH group buy price will be (likely to be be between $1.50 and $2, but no promises). This is all contingent on there being a happy hour. Keep track of the bundle time because if there is no HH with a day or less left, there might not be one and in that case if you really want the bundle you are better off buying it on your own.[/QUOTE]

Same statement as CLF - thanks CheapLikeAFox!

I have bundles purchased and in hand - please PM if you want a spot!

Spots left:
None! - Sold Out!

Thanks!

I'll host a group buy as well this time, if anyone is still interested. The price will be $1.67 per person (Paypal or Amazon) for the full bundle.

PM me if you're interested.

I would like to grab a spot in a group buy. I've got paypal and will paypal immediately. Someone PM me.

Already grabbed this, thanks to Jester!

Hmmm, I see that the BTA is currently $4.91. And to buy five gifts it's only $18.43. Buying this late in the game will only net you a total of 16 copies during happy hour, but it will only cost you $23.36. That's $1.46 per copy. If I had bought a BTA bundle in the first week I'd be able to split the cost 21 ways for a cost of approximately $1.12

I'm not sure how much it cost people to buy the 20 packs earlier, but judging by the $1.60 and up asking price of a few posters, it must have been more expensive to host earlier on. Perhaps we need to consider doing the group buys a little bit later in the lifespan of the bundle next time around.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that a bit of the asking price for bundles is probably a "handling fee" or Tip for the host. In my mind, this is a perfectly acceptable practice for the host. Having hosted a few bundles buys in the past, I know that it can be a bit of a hassle. But still, even when we take the "host tip" in to account, I'm sure still it's probably cheaper to do the group buy later on. The price that Indie Gala sets just seems to go down over time.

[quote name='The End']Hmmm, I see that the BTA is currently $4.91. And to buy five gifts it's only $18.43. Buying this late in the game will only net you a total of 16 copies during happy hour, but it will only cost you $23.36. That's $1.46 per copy. If I had bought a BTA bundle in the first week I'd be able to split the cost 21 ways for a cost of approximately $1.12

I'm not sure how much it cost people to buy the 20 packs earlier, but judging by the $1.60 and up asking price of a few posters, it must have been more expensive to host earlier on. Perhaps we need to consider doing the group buys a little bit later in the lifespan of the bundle next time around.

EDIT: It just occurred to me that a bit of the asking price for bundles is probably a "handling fee" or Tip for the host. In my mind, this is a perfectly acceptable practice for the host. Having hosted a few bundles buys in the past, I know that it can be a bit of a hassle. But still, even when we take the "host tip" in to account, I'm sure still it's probably cheaper to do the group buy later on. The price that Indie Gala sets just seems to go down over time.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's a double edged sword. During the first few happy hours IG raises the average usually to a standard $6 per bundle and the BTA price to around $20+ (I have seen it as high as like $30 for some bundles).

Their usual pattern is as the sales dwindle and demand goes down the Happy Hour average goes lower and lower (and my suspicion is this is all artificial inflation by IG, not a true reflection of the "average).

So if we wait until later in the game to buy the bundles would be cheaper. That said, I find most people really want their bundles ASAP and are willing to pay a little more to get them as soon as the first happy hour hits rather than wait. The difference also tends to be between .25 to .50 a bundle so it is not significant relative to the number of games you get. Also, with the veiled threats of "if a happy hour will be" a lot of us would rather get them when happy hour hits rather than risk there not being a second one or missing out on the second one.

I tend to round up my IG bundles anywhere from .05 cents to .10 cents depending on how close it is to a number I can work the math easier. I get enough tips from people usually to cover my own bundle so I'm more than happy with that. Other people add a little more tip to their bundle, but it's still pretty reasonable IMO since we're still talking cents per bundle for big time savings and the hosting process.

I'd like to get in on an Indie Gala 11 group buy. I'm also interested in IG 10 and IG 7 if someone has those.

Edit: Got IG X. Thanks stupidproz1. :) Got IG 11. Thanks CheapLikeAFox :D

I am interested in buying another one for a friend. If anyone still has one to sell, please send me a pm with price and details. Thanks :)

Pretty late to this thread, but if anyone has any XI bundles still available, I'd be interested in one. Let me know how much. Paypal's no problem. Thanks!

lol, just noticed IG extended the bundle AND raised the average. lol.

Anyways, got a ton of PMs about it so hosted another bundle. Still have slots left so PM if interested.

I always have such trouble resisting these. I feel that for less than two bucks, it's possible I'll want to play one of these games that I don't already have SOME day, and the responsible thing to do is to add them to my collection. *grumble*

Guess I'm PMing Fox.

Price has jumped up quite a bit. So it looks like waiting might not be the best strategy after all. You might luck out and end up paying less, but you might also end up paying more if you wait.

:/

[quote name='mckay']I would like to grab a spot in a group buy. I've got paypal and will paypal immediately. Someone PM me.

Already grabbed this, thanks to Jester![/QUOTE]

$3.38 was too much for you? :booty:

[quote name='PetersHere']$3.38 was too much for you? :booty:[/QUOTE]
cheapassgamer.gif

I'm probably down for 2 group buy slots of the new bundle. I can pay in Amazon payments (pretty much Amazon's version of Paypal) or gift card.

I'm taking names for a possible happy hour, but as with the last non-numbered IG (IndieGala Sim) there might NOT be a HH.

So you can PM to reserve a slot, but if you do not hear back from me and there is a day or less left in the bundle there was no happy hour and you should buy it on your own if you want it.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm taking names for a possible happy hour, but as with the last non-numbered IG (IndieGala Sim) there might NOT be a HH.

So you can PM to reserve a slot, but if you do not hear back from me and there is a day or less left in the bundle there was no happy hour and you should buy it on your own if you want it.[/QUOTE]

you can put my name down. This one has a ton of stuff I already own. Its not worth more than a few bucks to me.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I'm taking names for a possible happy hour, but as with the last non-numbered IG (IndieGala Sim) there might NOT be a HH.

So you can PM to reserve a slot, but if you do not hear back from me and there is a day or less left in the bundle there was no happy hour and you should buy it on your own if you want it.[/QUOTE]
PM sent :) Thanks!!

PMed! :)

Deleted my other post, please put me down on the list.

Dropped you a PM for a spot if there is a HH

Have they ever had a happy hour for their "flash" sales on Indiegala? I don't recall if they did, the brain cell that carried that information apparently has died on me. :drool:

[quote name='stupidproz1']I will be grabbing at least one 20 pack when happy hour comes up. PM me if you want in it, or if Fox's fills up.[/QUOTE]

pm'd

Here's how my group buy looks so far:

gift 01 me
gift 02 nekromantix
gift 03 therobreport
gift 04 zipstream
gift 05 extract

still need 15 slots =P

[quote name='inm8num2']How much will it roughly cost to join a group buy?[/QUOTE]
Anywhere from free (if you have a great host) to infinity (not so great host) :roll:
consult the tea leaves

bread's done
Back