Indie Gala Group Buy Thread

These games look horrible... Are any of them any good?
  • Millennium/Laxitive Force shouldn't even be glanced at.
  • Two Brothers has some positive reviews and looks to be a solid GameBoy Zelda-like throwback (whatever that means, I'm interested in it anyway).
  • Ballpoint Universe looks really cool from an artistic standpoint, but I know nothing about the game.
  • Tales of Maj'Eyal is apparently a solid roguelike with an absurd amount of achievements.
  • Ravenswords looks like a very poorman's Skyrim (and is a port of an android game).
  • Gravity Badgers is like Angry Birds in space...oh wait.

And then you have 4 more games coming up which will likely be awful, but for the HH price of (just guessing here) $2-$3 it seems worth it to me to satisfy my terrible curiosity over games I shouldn't be interested in. Nothing really seems to be a standout from a critical perspective, but it's still a solid bundle for a cheap price in my opinion. And several of the games have cards, which is all we care about anyway.

• Ballpoint Universe looks really cool from an artistic standpoint, but I know nothing about the game.
Meh, I really need something in the bundle to catch my eye to get me to buy it... but so far that's only Ballpoint Universe and I'm only kinda interested in it.

...now if it was Fountain Pen Universe...

I prefer an ink and quill, for that authentic touch.
I prefer the rich and customizable colors I can get with fountain pens. I also link really fine Japanese nibs. Iron Gall ink is acidic and doesn't age well.

So you prefer pigments over dyes?

Yes, I am a fountain pen ​enthusiast.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the rich and customizable colors I can get with fountain pens. I also link really fine Japanese nibs. Iron Gall ink is acidic and doesn't age well.

So you prefer pigments over dyes?

Yes, I am a fountain pen ​enthusiast.
I just like quills because it lets me pretend I'm in Harry Potter.

My pet owl arrives on Thursday ;)

My writing sucks but I'm a fan of a good pen. Fountain pens are too fancy for me but I love all the pens available in Japan that don't ever seem to come out in the United States. Luckily Jetpens.com has me covered.

About this bundle, so far I really only want Ballpoint Universe but Tales of Maj'Eyal looks like I might play it at some point too. I have Gravity Badgers and I like it even though it is the same thing as Angry Birds Space.

• Two Brothers has some positive reviews and looks to be a solid GameBoy Zelda-like throwback (whatever that means, I'm interested in it anyway).
  • Tales of Maj'Eyal is apparently a solid roguelike with an absurd amount of achievements.
  • Ravenswords looks like a very poorman's Skyrim (and is a port of an android game).

And then you have 4 more games coming up which will likely be awful, but for the HH price of (just guessing here) $2-$3 it seems worth it to me to satisfy my terrible curiosity over games I shouldn't be interested in. Nothing really seems to be a standout from a critical perspective, but it's still a solid bundle for a cheap price in my opinion. And several of the games have cards, which is all we care about anyway.
that and it puts me closer to the 1000 games badge

My writing sucks but I'm a fan of a good pen. Fountain pens are too fancy for me but I love all the pens available in Japan that don't ever seem to come out in the United States. Luckily Jetpens.com has me covered.
They're not bad, but recently I've moved my business across to Penisland.net.

They're not bad, but recently I've moved my business across to Penisland.net.
o_O

From their FP...
Capture.png

From their FAQ...
Capture.png

Well, Deadly Premonition certainly helps... Guess I need to pm the Fox.

I'll be buying enough group packs to cover everyone who PMed me, so you guys don't have to worry about that.  You'll have a group buy slot if you want it, I just won't have time to respond to each PM to confirm individually until tomorrow.  

I'm all caught up on PMs now.  Trying something a little new this time and taking as many slots as possible.  The ultimate goal is to buy in bulk and get the price of this thing down a little.  So if you are interested in a slot please PM beforehand (and not after) and that'll allow me to buy the most bundles possible up front and bring the price down for all of us.

New mystery game is Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage. This is shaping up to be one of the better IGs in recent memory IMO (of course, I did buy VCD during the Steam Xmas sale along with The Holiday Express   :drool:). 

New mystery game is Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage. This is shaping up to be one of the better IGs in recent memory IMO (of course, I did buy VCD during the Steam Xmas sale along with The Holiday Express :drool:).
Did you just confirm The Holiday Express is the last mystery game? (Other beign Rush Bros) :D?

Not that I can tell. I usually check by going to the Indiegala page and seeing who is listed as the top gifters. If the top 10 all have like 100 plus gifts then HH happened, otherwise it hasn't happened yet.
Thanks!

Will keep my eyes open for activity (I don't subscribe to this thread so it took a while to find).

how much for a spot for indiagala january??
Assuming you mean for Happy Hour, no one knows; it's likely to be between $2-$3, assuming IG doesn't do too much price jacking when HH comes around (they've been know to in the past). If you are interested in buying on I would PM Fox before HH, as he is trying to cut the costs down by buying in bigger batches (which he'll only do if there is demand for it).

Assuming you mean for Happy Hour, no one knows; it's likely to be between $2-$3, assuming IG doesn't do too much price jacking when HH comes around (they've been know to in the past). If you are interested in buying on I would PM Fox before HH, as he is trying to cut the costs down by buying in bigger batches (which he'll only do if there is demand for it).
I'm tired of that question... I really just want to answer, If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Thanks, i'm new to this topic and bundle group buy.

I'm tired of that question... I really just want to answer, If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

try to write something useful to supoort forum then get tired too early.

bread's done
Back