Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Deals and Discussion Thread

AugustAPC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
The Indie/Limited/Obscure Physical Release Thread
 ​
Physical media may not be as popular as it was in years past, but that has not stopped it from finding success in more niche areas of the market. In fact, we're seeing so many physical releases, these days, that it has become difficult for even dedicated collectors to keep up with all of them. Many games, usually indie titles, are seeing releases with highly limited prints, regional exclusivity, retailer exclusivity or are simply appearing with little notification. The purpose of this thread is to identify, catalogue, discuss and post deals for these releases, in hopes of making information more accessible and supporting the medium.​
 ​

FAQ

Q: tl;dr

A: There are probably games that were released physically that you don't know about. Find them here.

Q: What is the "master list"?

A: The master list is a catalogue of all the games that have been identified here that meet certain criteria that differentiates them from standard, mainstream releases. It offers information regarding regional exclusivity, retailer exclusivity, print quantities and more.

Q: What are the criteria? How do you decide which games make the list?

A: For the most part, these will be "smaller" titles that were originally released as digital-only but have been given a physical release. Some exceptions may apply, like if an indie game launches with a physical release, it will likely be listed. Another exception would see a larger title that was only released digitally, for whatever reason, get a limited physical release (example: if Limited Run Games did a print of Fatal Frame V.)

Generally if a game is, as the title says, indie, limited or obscure and has a physical release, you'll see in on the "master list."

Also, the game must be region-free or NTSC-U and in English (subtitles are valid).

Q: Region free or NTSC-U? Doesn't that mean the list is only valid for North American users?

A: This means that every game on the list will be playable on North American consoles, though a few games may have versions that are region-locked on a certain console (this will be noted). Most games are now region free, so if you aren't from the NTSC-U region, it's very likely that the game will work for you. Knowledge of which systems do and don't have region-locking should allow anyone to make use of this list.

Q: What about games for collectors who aren't in the NTSC-U (North American) region or own consoles that can play region-locked games?

A: There may be a separate tab for you guys down the line. One step at a time.

Pre-Orders/Upcoming Releases

Notable Publishers/Distributors

iam8bit

A retailer, located in California, that sells all sorts of limited edition video game merchandise. They occasionally publish physical, indie titles for the PS4.

Limited Run Games

Based in California, Limited Run Games is generally accepted as the company that started the modern trend of releasing physical games in limited quantities. Currently, they publish several games a month but have stated they intend to ramp down. Their games come with collectible, trading cards and are sometimes offered alongside soundtracks, collector's editions and other related merchandise. The two heads of the company are very active on different forums and regularly engage with the community. They currently publish games for the PS4, PS Vita, Nintendo Switch and occasionally the PC.

Play-Asia

Play-Asia is an established retailer located in Hong Kong. They are well known for offering a large variety of imported merchandise, including many games that have not seen western releases but have English subtitles. They've recently partnered with eastasiasoft to distribute exclusive and limited, physical releases. These games are often offered with collector's editions which are highly praised for their presentation, content and low prices.

Special Reserve Games

A company based in Texas, Special Reserve Games currently publishes games in limited quantities with no discernible schedule. Their games are frequently offered alongside collector's editions. They also collaborate with Limited Run Games to create variant covers for some of their titles, which are then sold via Limited Run Games' website. They currently publish for the PS4, PS Vita and PC.

Strictly Limited Games

Based in Germany, Strictly Limited Games seems to publish one title a month with varied but highly limited quantities. Collector's editions and soundtracks are sometimes offered alongside game releases. They've published games for the PS4 and PS Vita.

Super Rare Games

Located in London, these guys are relatively new to the limited game market. Similar to Limited Run Games, they include trading cards and stickers with their games. They publish only for the Nintendo Switch and intend to release one game a month.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went ahead and bought the physical Asian Version copy of Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps since it seems to be getting rare and having a physical copy of the game is nice since Capcom only released it digitally in the west.

I went ahead and bought the physical Asian Version copy of Resident Evil: Umbrella Corps since it seems to be getting rare and having a physical copy of the game is nice since Capcom only released it digitally in the west.
Is there offline local split-screen multiplayer with Umbrella Corps?

Is there offline local split-screen multiplayer with Umbrella Corps?
I want to say no. I remember looking into this and I guess if I don't have the game today that's why.

Incidentally, other than the RE5 and 6 ports to PS4... how many splitscreen games do we even have this generation? Actual split-screen, not just local co-op like Overcooked, etc. (though these are also way cool and a dying breed sadly) I can think of the Wipeout Omega collection but not much else.

I want to say no. I remember looking into this and I guess if I don't have the game today that's why.

Incidentally, other than the RE5 and 6 ports to PS4... how many splitscreen games do we even have this generation? Actual split-screen, not just local co-op like Overcooked, etc. (though these are also way cool and a dying breed sadly) I can think of the Wipeout Omega collection but not much else.
I thought Divinity Original Sin 1 or 2 offered splitscreen - though I could be wrong.

Just a reminder that Hard Copy Games first release The Aquatic Adventures of the Last Human is supposed to go up for sale at 1pm EST today. $24.99 with $5.55 shipping (to continental US) and the games should be shipped within 2 days according to their Twitter.

Meanwhile I'm still waiting on my 4 LRG orders that were "shipped" on 2/21 to actually move.
Why is waiting this long for items to ship from them ok? I really dont get it.

Why is waiting this long for items to ship from them ok? I really dont get it.
It really comes down to production in most cases, which is clearly stated in each detail section upon ordering. Yeah, is 2-5 months to long........for sure, but when the items in question clearly stated this item won't be shipping soon, as it has not been produced, where's the issue really?

Skull Girls is the only game I can think of where a window was given, and the actual shipping didn't come close. Which I figured from the start that game would be delayed, due to what needed to be done before release. LRG should have given a more realistic view, but having common sense of my own, I knew better.

When details state this item isn't shipping soon, it's each consumers choice to buy or not. If something hasn't been produced, why would it ship within a few days? If a consumer doesn't want to wait past "X" of time, I would recommend not to buy any items that don't state a clear release date. And I"m pretty sure LRG hasn't given any clear shipping dates in a very long time.

Wonder if they include a manual and map like fangamer? Not stated on BB site. Guess I'll find out, ordering with that sweet GCU still.

I have never ordered from fangamer before but I am considering getting Hollow Knight for the Switch.  Do they have a limited number of collector's editions that they are making or is it basically an open pre order period for a period of time?  Trying to figure out if I have a little time to think about this or if I need to jump on it now before it sells out.

I have never ordered from fangamer before but I am considering getting Hollow Knight for the Switch. Do they have a limited number of collector's editions that they are making or is it basically an open pre order period for a period of time? Trying to figure out if I have a little time to think about this or if I need to jump on it now before it sells out.
They normally print to order, and then a percentage on top of that, so most of there stuff last for ages. If anything is limited, it will be stated in the details as such, and I would act accordingly in those situations. Overall, Fangamer is probably the best gaming site I deal with on a regular basis, and they have a pretty sweet "credit" program during the holidays(the more you buy, the more store credit you can receive).

I already bought Hollow Knight digitally on Switch and I have it on Steam as well so I don't want to buy the whole CE.  I would really like one of those fold out maps though!  I'd even consider framing something like that; wish you could get one rolled up and not folded somewhere.

Hard Copy Games already shipped my order from Friday. It was a nice surprise considering I'm used to waiting 2-5 months for shipping from LRG.
It's awesome, sure. But then again it took them a whole year to put it up for order.

I want to say Super Rare Games (ugh, that name!) also only sells games once in-hand.

I can say quite surely we helped finance LRG’s success with these crap “pre-orders.” Getting the money up front and telling everyone to look at how rare this is going to be helped them sell what they needed to get going.

I can say quite surely we helped finance LRG’s success with these crap “pre-orders.” Getting the money up front and telling everyone to look at how rare this is going to be helped them sell what they needed to get going.
Not sure what point you’re trying to make here. LRG didn’t do preorders for the first few years. The preorder does allow for anyone to get a copy of the game. Nothing wrong with that.

It really comes down to production in most cases, which is clearly stated in each detail section upon ordering. Yeah, is 2-5 months to long........for sure, but when the items in question clearly stated this item won't be shipping soon, as it has not been produced, where's the issue really?

Skull Girls is the only game I can think of where a window was given, and the actual shipping didn't come close.

When details state this item isn't shipping soon, it's each consumers choice to buy or not. If something hasn't been produced, why would it ship within a few days? If a consumer doesn't want to wait past "X" of time, I would recommend not to buy any items that don't state a clear release date. And I"m pretty sure LRG hasn't given any clear shipping dates in a very long time.
Yeah this is not true. I can direct you to multiple product pages that say your wrong. Dust for the switch was stated to be shipped by late October and I got it last week. WOL they said late october, I got that one two weeks ago. Senran Kagura they said late october, I got that last month. Night Trap CE they said late september, they shipped in december. How are those coming close to the expected shipping dates?

The idea that its my choice as to whether I should buy or not is very tired. I dont think anyone needs you to tell them that its their choice whether or not to buy an item, thats a given so move on from that. The same thing goes for the “a few days” comment. No one said anything about expecting the item to ship after a few days so why bother to state that other than to fit the narrative of your statement. What part of shipping in late september and then actually shipping in december is clear?

I think you missed the point completely. If you buy from them you should expect to wait, everyone should know that already. If they give you a timeframe however, they should stick to it otherwise dont give a timeframe. Next time instead of being pretty sure when you make these statements you should be ACTUALLY sure.

The idea that its my choice as to whether I should buy or not is very tired. I dont think anyone needs you to tell them that its their choice whether or not to buy an item, thats a given so move on from that. T
No, what's tired is the never ending cycle of the same people rolling into this thread and the LRG thread bitching and moaning about the same issues over and over and over again. Let's be honest, for better or worse, LRG is not ever going to change and no amount of complaining or criticism is going to make any difference. It does, however, drive people away from these threads who just want to share information about upcoming releases. There is enough tension and negativity in the world, so, can you please stop buying from them so we can all move on?

Yeah this is not true. I can direct you to multiple product pages that say your wrong. Dust for the switch was stated to be shipped by late October and I got it last week. WOL they said late october, I got that one two weeks ago. Senran Kagura they said late october, I got that last month. Night Trap CE they said late september, they shipped in december. How are those coming close to the expected shipping dates?

The idea that its my choice as to whether I should buy or not is very tired. I dont think anyone needs you to tell them that its their choice whether or not to buy an item, thats a given so move on from that. The same thing goes for the “a few days” comment. No one said anything about expecting the item to ship after a few days so why bother to state that other than to fit the narrative of your statement. What part of shipping in late september and then actually shipping in december is clear?

I think you missed the point completely. If you buy from them you should expect to wait, everyone should know that already. If they give you a timeframe however, they should stick to it otherwise dont give a timeframe. Next time instead of being pretty sure when you make these statements you should be ACTUALLY sure.
Yeah, my apologies, as I didn't buy any of those titles, so the dates given for those titles escaped me, but it really doesn't change anything. By your own admission there's a known wait, so if they miss the mark, and you know this, why shop and still complain? When I shop someplace and have a bad experience, I no longer spend my money there, as why would I support poor service?

If an item was promised to ship by a certain time, and it didn't, complain and get a refund. You have the law on your side, as Paypal or your credit card would side with you, so case closed right? LRG hasn't posted in thread in a very long time, so if you really want to warrant some change, or have your voice heard, their forums would probably be the place to do so. Just my 2 cents anyways!

They normally print to order, and then a percentage on top of that, so most of there stuff last for ages. If anything is limited, it will be stated in the details as such, and I would act accordingly in those situations. Overall, Fangamer is probably the best gaming site I deal with on a regular basis, and they have a pretty sweet "credit" program during the holidays(the more you buy, the more store credit you can receive).
As a matter of fact I used the $35 credit/gift card I got during the holidays on the Hollow Knight Switch CE with book. Came out to about $72 for all after shipping (which was $13.13) and gift card.

I tried to log into the Special Reserve Games website for the first time since last May. 

When i went to reset my password it said no account exists with my email.  Weird. However I made a new account with the same email and what do you know, my purchases are still there. Just thought it was funny. 

I tried to log into the Special Reserve Games website for the first time since last May.

When i went to reset my password it said no account exists with my email. Weird. However I made a new account with the same email and what do you know, my purchases are still there. Just thought it was funny.
same. thanks for the reminder.

No, what's tired is the never ending cycle of the same people rolling into this thread and the LRG thread bitching and moaning about the same issues over and over and over again. Let's be honest, for better or worse, LRG is not ever going to change and no amount of complaining or criticism is going to make any difference. It does, however, drive people away from these threads who just want to share information about upcoming releases. There is enough tension and negativity in the world, so, can you please stop buying from them so we can all move on?
Here you go again. If you dont like what I have to say then just leave it alone. I was responding to someone elses comment. They mentioned their shipping time all I did was ask a question. Its not criticism for the sake of criticism. You want things to change which is why you say something. If everytime an issue was brought up everyone just kept there mouth shut things would never change in general, forget about specifically LRG. You talk about tension and negativity snd here you are contributing to that exact thing as if anyone was even talking to you. How about you stop quoting my posts and move on? You dont like what I have to say then pass the comment and read on.

Yeah, my apologies, as I didn't buy any of those titles, so the dates given for those titles escaped me, but it really doesn't change anything. By your own admission there's a known wait, so if they miss the mark, and you know this, why shop and still complain? When I shop someplace and have a bad experience, I no longer spend my money there, as why would I support poor service?

If an item was promised to ship by a certain time, and it didn't, complain and get a refund. You have the law on your side, as Paypal or your credit card would side with you, so case closed right? LRG hasn't posted in thread in a very long time, so if you really want to warrant some change, or have your voice heard, their forums would probably be the place to do so. Just my 2 cents anyways!
I understand what your saying and your entitled to your own opinion. The wait in particular doesn’t bother me. Putting something like “late september” and then shipping in February though is misleading I think we can both agree on that. I rather them say they dont have a guaranteed timeframe but will update you when they do. I think that is more transparent.

I will say this though. Imagine if they did put a very vague timeframe, I think that would hurt sales a bit considering you cannot accurately tell your buyers when you are going to have their item. Im still going to pick up bloodstained for the vita as Im sure many people will and probably the escapists (despite my complaining). I think the quality of vita releases lately has been very good and will most likely pick them all up minus those kemco RPGs.

I understand what your saying and your entitled to your own opinion. The wait in particular doesn’t bother me. Putting something like “late september” and then shipping in February though is misleading I think we can both agree on that. I rather them say they dont have a guaranteed timeframe but will update you when they do. I think that is more transparent.

I will say this though. Imagine if they did put a very vague timeframe, I think that would hurt sales a bit considering you cannot accurately tell your buyers when you are going to have their item. Im still going to pick up bloodstained for the vita as Im sure many people will and probably the escapists (despite my complaining). I think the quality of vita releases lately has been very good and will most likely pick them all up minus those kemco RPGs.
Yeah, LRG is far from where they started in a lot of ways, and having items on hand before offering was a HUGE plus at the start. Even when they got more busy, the delays came strictly from having to much to ship and not enough bodies. They hired a fulfillment center at one point, which was a HUGE disaster and since then, I think they realized it was best to keep most things in house.

Of course one of the biggest issues from the start was the lack of actual "pre-orders", which in turn has lead to the system that is now in place for all NS standard releases, and some PS4 titles. And this is where all the current problems have come from, as they are told title "X" will be ready on date "Y",and when it doesn't happen on the production side, their fuck ed.

But for anyone who works in an industry, where your at the whim of others, it's a necessary evil. I sell on Ebay pretty regularly, and I ship all items within 24 hrs of being paid, but when USPS is doing poorly, I hear about it, when I mailed the item ASAP. I'm not driving the items to door steps, but I'm the face of the problem, as no one is going to call USPS and complain. Don't get me wrong, LRG has tons of problems that are of their own making, and can be fixed with proper focus, but being told a game will be ready at a certain point, and it's not, what can you do? Sony produces carts and disc on their schedule and LRG isn't big enough to force them to do otherwise.

Now of course, some may ask, why not just wait until production has started, are is actually complete before offering a title? The short answers is once they sign a deal with said developer for a game, they have to sell it and pay them by a certain date, if the games are ready or not. So this is a big part of why things have gotten so bad, as you end up having to offer tons of titles when your not ready, just to not be in breach of contract.

Here you go again. If you dont like what I have to say then just leave it alone. I was responding to someone elses comment. They mentioned their shipping time all I did was ask a question. Its not criticism for the sake of criticism. You want things to change which is why you say something. If everytime an issue was brought up everyone just kept there mouth shut things would never change in general, forget about specifically LRG. You talk about tension and negativity snd here you are contributing to that exact thing as if anyone was even talking to you. How about you stop quoting my posts and move on? You dont like what I have to say then pass the comment and read on.
Unfortunately, you are spamming up this thread (which isn't even the LRG thread by the way) and the LRG thread with this garbage. Nobody cares. This thread and the other are for sharing information about limited releases, not for your own personal crusade to convince the world that LRG is evil. This thread is not your personal soapbox and if you want to have a discussion with LRG, please feel free to do so, but the rest of us don't need to wade through your crap just so we can get information about niche games. I will say that it strongly undercuts your argument when you acknowledge that you are going to continue buying their releases though. It makes me think that you're just a blowhard with no real integrity.

Yeah, LRG is far from where they started in a lot of ways, and having items on hand before offering was a HUGE plus at the start. Even when they got more busy, the delays came strictly from having to much to ship and not enough bodies. They hired a fulfillment center at one point, which was a HUGE disaster and since then, I think they realized it was best to keep most things in house.

Of course one of the biggest issues from the start was the lack of actual "pre-orders", which in turn has lead to the system that is now in place for all NS standard releases, and some PS4 titles. And this is where all the current problems have come from, as they are told title "X" will be ready on date "Y",and when it doesn't happen on the production side, their fuck ed.

But for anyone who works in an industry, where your at the whim of others, it's a necessary evil. I sell on Ebay pretty regularly, and I ship all items within 24 hrs of being paid, but when USPS is doing poorly, I hear about it, when I mailed the item ASAP. I'm not driving the items to door steps, but I'm the face of the problem, as no one is going to call USPS and complain. Don't get me wrong, LRG has tons of problems that are of their own making, and can be fixed with proper focus, but being told a game will be ready at a certain point, and it's not, what can you do? Sony produces carts and disc on their schedule and LRG isn't big enough to force them to do otherwise.

Now of course, some may ask, why not just wait until production has started, are is actually complete before offering a title? The short answers is once they sign a deal with said developer for a game, they have to sell it and pay them by a certain date, if the games are ready or not. So this is a big part of why things have gotten so bad, as you end up having to offer tons of titles when your not ready, just to not be in breach of contract.
I know what you mean with ebay. USPS screws up but its going to fall on your lap. I actually had an incident just like this. I sent out an item almost a month ago and for some reason its still in transit and I had to refund the buyer. I also have to wait the full month to claim the insurance on the package making matters worse.

Its funny how you mention the fufillment center. I would expect them to be a lot better going through one but from reading your post it seems it was the other way around. I think the open pre orders were a good idea but it seems like its become a bit more than they could handle. What Im doing now is any of the releases that Best Buy plans to carry Im just going to go to them and pick it up in store.

Also you say LRG isnt big enough to make Sony go any faster which is crazy because in an interview I saw with Josh he states that they are the biggest distributors for Sony right now with all the titles they get them to produce. That interview is over a year old so imagine where they are at now. You would figure they would have some type of pull with them but Sony is huge and Im sure that in itself slows things down.

Unfortunately, you are spamming up this thread (which isn't even the LRG thread by the way) and the LRG thread with this garbage. Nobody cares. This thread and the other are for sharing information about limited releases, not for your own personal crusade to convince the world that LRG is evil. This thread is not your personal soapbox and if you want to have a discussion with LRG, please feel free to do so, but the rest of us don't need to wade through your crap just so we can get information about niche games. I will say that it strongly undercuts your argument when you acknowledge that you are going to continue buying their releases though. It makes me think that you're just a blowhard with no real integrity.
Relax. LRG fits under this forum category. Your literally taking shots at me over a keyboard because you dont like what I have to say. You speak for everybody apparently but if you notice your the only one coming at me like this. You dont need to call it an arguement because the only one arguing about it here is you. Like I said before, dont like what you read? Go to the next post and move on.

Also you say LRG isnt big enough to make Sony go any faster which is crazy because in an interview I saw with Josh he states that they are the biggest distributors for Sony right now with all the titles they get them to produce. That interview is over a year old so imagine where they are at now. You would figure they would have some type of pull with them but Sony is huge and Im sure that in itself slows things down.
Yeah, they do get a lot of titles produced, but at rather small qty's, and there's the problem. Rockstar while releasing games very rarely, also get's millions of games made at once, and maybe more once qty's get low at retail. A good LRG PS4 game may get 4000 games produced, which requires the same changes to machinery, as the million qty's of bigger publishers, so you can see the issue right?

Josh has also stated in the lead up to the holidays, Sony is more concerned with producing the million selling games, than a 3000-4000 title again and again. It's all money, but the million qty games, makes them more money, with less work. That's just logistics 101, as I myself can sell many small items a month for a few dollars apiece, and each item requires paperwork, packaging, potential issues etc. I can also sell 1 item for a few hundred, or thousand, and be done within minutes, where hundreds of hours of work may have to happen to reach the same revenue for smaller cheaper qty items.

Sadly, fulfillment centers work on shipping the most, in an effective manner, that's why all big box stores could care less about condition, as it's all about numbers. The same applies to shipping places(UPS, USPS, FedEX), and is why service is so poor in that sector as well. The issues LRG ran in to was that of a collector's market, and fulfillment not really being set up for that crowd. Stuff wasn't being included in orders, damages, etc. For a place like Amazon, that's all a part of doing business, but for what was a smaller operation back then, the issues caused major problems(and cost major time and funds to correct).

Let's be honest, for better or worse, LRG is not ever going to change and no amount of complaining or criticism is going to make any difference.
preorders (which they claimed they'd never do)... done, now very common outside of garbage games and Vita stuff (as carts are limited)

package change due to loose disc issue (which they claimed they tried everything and barely padded envelopes was the best ... changed so that orders with 2 games where one was a PS4 game would get a box upgrade

Shipping schedule webpage (they said it would take too many man hours to manage such a thing)... done... and aren't we all better for it?

Talking about our positive and negative things with LRG and what we'd like to see change hasn't fallen on deaf ears. And I have it on good authority that yes we do have someone from LRG here pretty regularly.

I saw with Josh he states that they are the biggest distributors for Sony right now
They've said they have more SKU's than any other distributor... that's true. But their entire history of production across all platforms doesn't add up to one AAA retail game release.

preorders (which they claimed they'd never do)... done, now very common outside of garbage games and Vita stuff (as carts are limited)

package change due to loose disc issue (which they claimed they tried everything and barely padded envelopes was the best ... changed so that orders with 2 games where one was a PS4 game would get a box upgrade

Shipping schedule webpage (they said it would take too many man hours to manage such a thing)... done... and aren't we all better for it?

Talking about our positive and negative things with LRG and what we'd like to see change hasn't fallen on deaf ears. And I have it on good authority that yes we do have someone from LRG here pretty regularly.

They've said they have more SKU's than any other distributor... that's true. But their entire history of production across all platforms doesn't add up to one AAA retail game release.
First of all, preorders are really only done for Switch games and a small number of non-Switch games. CEs, PS4, PS3 and Vita are almost 100% fixed quantity just as they have been from the start and despite the constant cries for all of their titles to be preorder. They on their own decided to do a box with any order that included a PS4 game and one other item, again, not what people asked for but a good solution nonetheless. The shipping schedule webpage is now updated, but people continue to either not look at it, or complain when they update the information with a further delay. Ultimately, it's a good thing, but it didn't solve many of the problems with people complaining about delays or asking when things will ship.

You're right that Josh still maintains an account and will occasionally lurk. Of course, he actively participates on other forums and groups, including several that I am part of. Douglas does the same thing as do some of the other LRG employees. on other forums and groups At the end of the day, this is a discussion thread for niche games, not a feedback forum for LRG or any other publisher. For three years now the same handful of people have been complaining about LRG and with very few exceptions, none of the things they have complained about from shipping delays to slow customer service to too many releases have changed in any way. At this point, it's just becoming noise and distraction and it really belongs elsewhere. I mean there are literally trolls in the other thread accusing LRG of engaging in fraud by lying about what they pay their employees and others claiming it's all a big ponzi scheme. I have no problem with people not buying from LRG or discussing their experiences with particular orders or other issues they have had, but general discussion about their business, especially slanderous speculation has no place on these forums.

First of all, preorders are really only done for Switch games and a small number of non-Switch games. CEs, PS4, PS3 and Vita are almost 100% fixed quantity just as they have been from the start and despite the constant cries for all of their titles to be preorder.
I think you're talking about limited pre-order vs open pre-order for a limited window. I can't recall the last LRG release that wasn't a pre-order. The only difference is whether you have a month to pre-order or until their quantities sell out. But, the days where we'd order on a Friday and have the product in 1-2 weeks are gone. Everything is a fully paid up-front pre-order and those pre-orders come with guesstimates as to when they might arrive. I'm not complaining - I know this when I order. But, if someone takes their dates seriously, I can see why they might be disappointed.

I remember when there was talk of them having a batch of "Golf Story" for the Switch ready to ship for the first people that ordered. I ordered right away and..... nothing. I forget how long before those shipped, but it wasn't quick.

And when people keep mentioning their page where they list updates.... look, that's great and all, but I have no idea why it's up to the consumer to seek out the updates rather than LRG sending out updates (something else they used to do every once in a while). Is it that hard when something misses the original estimated shipping time frame to send out an update specific to that game to the customers that ordered?

None of this really bothers me, but I can see why some are frustrated. I am so patient when it comes to their product that sometimes I wonder why I even bought it. Going through my open orders is like taking a trip down memory lane... except for when I can't even remember! "Headlander" finally shipped! Woo hoo! WTF is "Headlander"?

I think you're talking about limited pre-order vs open pre-order for a limited window. I can't recall the last LRG release that wasn't a pre-order. The only difference is whether you have a month to pre-order or until their quantities sell out. But, the days where we'd order on a Friday and have the product in 1-2 weeks are gone. Everything is a fully paid up-front pre-order and those pre-orders come with guesstimates as to when they might arrive. I'm not complaining - I know this when I order. But, if someone takes their dates seriously, I can see why they might be disappointed.

I remember when there was talk of them having a batch of "Golf Story" for the Switch ready to ship for the first people that ordered. I ordered right away and..... nothing. I forget how long before those shipped, but it wasn't quick.

And when people keep mentioning their page where they list updates.... look, that's great and all, but I have no idea why it's up to the consumer to seek out the updates rather than LRG sending out updates (something else they used to do every once in a while). Is it that hard when something misses the original estimated shipping time frame to send out an update specific to that game to the customers that ordered?

None of this really bothers me, but I can see why some are frustrated. I am so patient when it comes to their product that sometimes I wonder why I even bought it. Going through my open orders is like taking a trip down memory lane... except for when I can't even remember! "Headlander" finally shipped! Woo hoo! WTF is "Headlander"?
You're correct, I was using the term loosely. I agree with you that a regular e-mail is superior to updating some list on their website that most people never look at. Unfortunately, they tried to do that for a while and people complained that they were sending too much mail. It's fine to be frustrated and all of us have experienced disappointment with LRG over the past three years. It's just that the discussion of LRG as a business has been done over and over and over again and there is literally nothing new that can be said. As such, I believe it's time to get both of the threads back on track so we can actually share relevant information.

I snagged a copy and kinda forgot about it, but I'm now being told by others that the Roller Coaster Tycoon PS4 game with PSVR compatibility is getting really difficult to find. Apparently it only pops up on Ebay occasionally, is sold out at all major retailers, and searching Gamestop's used  database is yielding fewer results than Job Simulator was back when everyone was panicking. I doubt it's a good game, but if you see it in the wild don't assume it's easy to find later unless you know for a fact you don't want it.  

WRONG

139 PS4 @ 4000 average print run = 556,000
79 PSV @ 1800 average print run = 237,000
30 Switch @ 8000 average print run = 240,000
5 PSVR @ 2000 average print run = 10,000

Thats over a million copies, about as much as Detroit: Become Human

bread's done
Back