IndieGameStand Pay-What-You-Want Game Thread

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
Current game on sale at the Indie Game Stand:

Steel Storm: Complete Edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sduihwqilPc

BTA: Steel Storm: Forgotten Prison DLC (?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVtdbzZwB2U

Available for Windows & Linux.

Minimum is $0.25, while $1.00 or more will get you a Desura key, plus a Steam key if it gets greenlit.

Beat the current average for bonus content.

10% of the proceeds will be donated to charity.

Find out if this game has been previously bundled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seamoss if you get a chance to play it before the deal ends post your thoughts. :)
Finally found some time tonight to play Spud's Quest and it's what you'd expect: a retro-styled side-scrolling old-skewl adventure game. Well-done and colorful pixel graphics and sprites that remind me of my childhood games (on a Sinclair Spectrum) and the music is fitting for the game genre. Not very difficult so far and combat is pretty basic (which is fine with me). Mostly walking and jumping, talking to people (some amusing dialogue), and solving puzzles by picking up and dropping objects. You have a frog sidekick that follows you around and that I assume can help you in puzzle solving but haven't used him yet. There's also a day-night cycle which actually affects the game (some houses for example are only open in the daytime). It's a bit slow so far (I'm about to descend into the mine) but it should pick up and become more challenging. Controls are pretty tight (I'm playing with a pad) and the jumping feels right. There's also collectibles and what look like achievements, though I'm not really interested in them. Saving is through checkpoints, which seem to be a bit too far apart so some backtracking may be required if you die (or because of the limited inventory).

Overall, Spud's Quest is well worth a dollar if you like retro adventures and don't mind seeing it bundled in a few months. There's less than a day left in the IGS sale.

Updated OP for new deal: Multilytheus

Too weird, even for me...

If you want to see what it's about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO4_1aoZ1Ec

Updated OP for new deal: Reversion 1 & 2

The first one is free and the second has been bundled up the wazoo.

Updated OP for new deal: Reversion 1 & 2

The first one is free and the second has been bundled up the wazoo.
Also I've read claims that the voice acting is absolutely horrid.

Yeah this is up there with Who Let the Dogs Fart in the Groupees Community bundle I think.

I don't know, I played the first one and remember it being decent. Not great by any means, but comparable to other P&C adventures I've played.
I agree, the first is neither good nor bad - it's OK for a first effort (and it's free).

The second one is slightly better and more professional, but again nothing great (and relatively short).

Also I've read claims that the voice acting is absolutely horrid.

Yeah this is up there with Who Let the Dogs Fart in the Groupees Community bundle I think.
Yeah, the first game's english dub was pretty bad when I played it. I think it was the reason I stopped. The spanish voice acting was supposed to be better, but I don't think I tried it.

It was in Groupees Build a Greenlight Bundle 2.. don't know how you missed that!
Well, I didn't miss the bundle itself, I just didn't get that particular game - probably because someone here said it was horrible/boring at the time, so I skipped it (and apparently got almost everything else in that bundle though, so go figure...) And then after skipping it for cheap in Groupees, I wasn't gonna pay a buck at IGS.

Well, I didn't miss the bundle itself, I just didn't get that particular game - probably because someone here said it was horrible/boring at the time, so I skipped it (and apparently got almost everything else in that bundle though, so go figure...) And then after skipping it for cheap in Groupees, I wasn't gonna pay a buck at IGS.
It's pretty cool, and comes with SIX cards. Count 'em =D

You guys got me all excited thinking there was actually an Indie Game Stand deal that wasn't Reversion. Clearly that was too much to hope for.

28mfshs.jpg

You guys got me all excited thinking there was actually an Indie Game Stand deal that wasn't Reversion. Clearly that was too much to hope for.
Come back Motoki, there's a new deal.

Volt PWYW Desura and Greenlight

and

Overstorm (for GBA) if you BTA (Really? A GBA game?!?)

Volt looks pretty cool indeed.

Come back Motoki, there's a new deal.

Volt PWYW Desura and Greenlight

and

Overstorm (for GBA) if you BTA (Really? A GBA game?!?)

Volt looks pretty cool indeed.
That GBA game is the only reason I'm interested in this, because Volt will be bundled eventually.. but who knows if Overstorm will. Looks like it's hard to get a hold of.

Little Racers Street was also available for free on Desura awhile back, so you might have it on there. If grabbing a key from the webpage doesn't work, try grabbing it from inside the Desura client.

Does anybody know anything about Overstorm beyond the fact that it's an abandonware alpha GBA rom? It's hard to want to pay over the average when I have no idea what the frig I'm actually getting for it.

Doesn't sound like anything to get too excited about.
Well if anybody actually here who gets it plays the game (crazy, I know ;) ) before the feature ends, please post impressions.

Or at least the what the premise and/or genre of the game is.

Well if anybody actually here who gets it plays the game (crazy, I know ;) ) before the feature ends, please post impressions.

Or at least the what the premise and/or genre of the game is.
I got bored and looked it up on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlx3lrtSJeg

But does it have GBA cards?

I don't have a GBA anyways, so I'm definitely out for the BTA. I may pick up Volt though, the gameplay looks really unique.

Edit: For those with a GBA, the BTA is only $1.36.

I played it for a couple hours... pretty low budget rip off of all the cliche mid-late 80's NES platformers.  Go play Ghosts and Goblins instead.

You guys are making me regret getting this in the Groupees HH bundle. Is it really that bad? It looked like it at least had an interesting story.

You guys are making me regret getting this in the Groupees HH bundle. Is it really that bad? It looked like it at least had an interesting story.
It cost what a whole 50 cents? Less if you bought other games as there was a bit of a group discount. I'm sure you could easily get back that much just by selling the cards.

Also squirrel likes kaleidoscope and circle and triangle games ;) so, um, yeah.

bread's done
Back