IndieGameStand Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neuro5i5

CAGiversary!
Feedback
151 (100%)
New thread here.

Minimum is $0.25 and $1.00 or more will unlock a Steam key (when applicable). Beat the current average for bonus content.

How it works:
  • New game every 96 hours. Check back every 4 days for a brand new featured indie game.
  • Pay what you want. Every sale allows you to pick your own price and helps fund indie developers.
  • Support charity. A portion of the proceeds from each sale goes towards the charity of the game developer’s choice.
Past Deals
Currently on sale in the Game Store.
Blog

IndieGameStand on:
Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Steam

Last edited by a moderator:
Poopies game = highly ambitious game that will be nowhere as good if it's ever finished?

I know Poopies had that one game as an unlock in that Greenlight bundle claiming no one can tell what the game actually is and no one will ever get what it's about. Forgot the game but gave me a good laugh.

Incredipede was one of those games that I thought I'd totally play.  Then I got it on Android (bundle? AFAOTD?) played once and never touched again.  Sometimes I like to think that I'm more artsy and puzzle-y than I really am.

Sometimes I like to think I'm more of a game player period than I really am.

Sure do like thinking about them, talking about them and buying them though. I really like the idea of them anyhow. :p

Hmm, I don't remember the last time I picked something up on IGS, but I apparently had this one saved as something on Kickstarter I was interested in, so maybe I'll bite.

For any of you who were excited about the fact that Standpoint got delisted after the IGS deal, it's back on Steam.

IG Monday appearance when?

For any of you who were excited about the fact that Standpoint got delisted after the IGS deal, it's back on Steam.

IG Monday appearance when?
Well, one of the things that the devs were pissed off about was that it was put in a bundle. Now I'm not saying that lightning wont strike twice. But it's probably not imminent.

Well, one of the things that the devs were pissed off about was that it was put in a bundle. Now I'm not saying that lightning wont strike twice. But it's probably not imminent.
Even if it does get bundled, $0.50 each for both games was good enough for me when it was an IGS deal. Close enough to real bundle pricing.

So uh.. it's possible we might have another Standpoint situation going on. Supposedly there was a post on reddit by the dev (that got deleted) claiming they didn't authorize a deal with IGS.

https://se.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/3gfc70/indiegamestand_1_for_alum_steamdrm_free_bta_for/

Someone else commented that it was the exact same post made by the standpoint dev, so it could be someone trolling.

It's hard to know for sure what happened unless someone can use a cache/archive to see what the deleted post was..

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like someone was trolling. An announcement was posted on the dev's homepage about the IGS deal so it's probably legit.

http://www.crashablestudios.com/

So uh.. it's possible we might have another Standpoint situation going on. Supposedly there was a post on reddit by the dev (that got deleted) claiming they didn't authorize a deal with IGS.

https://se.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/comments/3gfc70/indiegamestand_1_for_alum_steamdrm_free_bta_for/

Someone else commented that it was the exact same post made by the standpoint dev, so it could be someone trolling.

It's hard to know for sure what happened unless someone can use a cache/archive to see what the deleted post was..

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like someone was trolling. An announcement was posted on the dev's homepage about the IGS deal so it's probably legit.

http://www.crashablestudios.com/
thx 4 dat Foxhack

I think I give up on IGS.

Alum being bundled as soon as the deal ended was a pretty big slap in the face by the dev.

Here's my purchases so far, chronologically:

Spy Chameleon

Soul Gambler

Coin Crypt

Alum

Of those, Soul Gambler's been bundled a million times, Coin Crypt's been bundled twice and now Alum's been bundled almost instantaneously. Spy Chameleon's been bundled quite a bit, but the game was very good (and had a low MSRP), and wasn't bundled until a bit after the Steam release so I didn't mind so much.

To their credit, 1849 was definitely worth it. Came with two Steam keys, Playfire credit and has only seen a crappy Humble since.

I think I give up on IGS.

Alum being bundled as soon as the deal ended was a pretty big slap in the face by the dev.
I think that was just unfortunate timing for Alum. I've heard that IGS plans games over a longer period than the bundlers.

I usually try to buy games from IGS only when there are decent bonuses attached (e.g. OST's). That way, if the game gets bundled again, I have something more to show for my purchase.

I think that was just unfortunate timing for Alum. I've heard that IGS plans games over a longer period than the bundlers.

I usually try to buy games from IGS only when there are decent bonuses attached (e.g. OST's). That way, if the game gets bundled again, I have something more to show for my purchase.
Here is what I have to say

Who cares its a fucking dollar

if a dollar is a big deal to you move your pan handling spot to a place that gets more traffic

Only two things I bought from IGS were Weird Worlds Return to Infinite space and the sequel.  $1 both times and the second is still in EA.  It's not a bad service for people looking for solo pickups when they aren't interested in bundles.  But... yeah... if you're one of these d00ders who collects digital entries on a menu like women collect shoes then I can see why you'd be perturbed.

[quote name="Drabelincoln" post="12873230" timestamp="1439949742"]Here is what I have to say

Who cares its a fucking dollar

if a dollar is a big deal to you move your pan handling spot to a place that gets more traffic[/quote]
HOW AM. I SUPPOAED TO BY MY VRAMS IFFN I SPEND MY WEEKLY DOLLAR. ON IGS. DUMASS!

I kind of want it but I don't even play the Steam games I have. I just look at them and go 'Yep, really should play that some time in the next 60 years'.

For something not on Steam or Greenlight unless it's Jessica Fletcher it will just fall into a black hole never to be remembered again.

qbv3s.jpg

FWIW, Dev claims Unfinished won't be bundled again soon. Take that as you will.

It's also said to be very short. Does have cards though.

FWIW, Dev claims Unfinished won't be bundled again soon. Take that as you will.

It's also said to be very short. Does have cards though.

"If anyone misses this sale, you may find other sale opportunities on Steam before the end of the year."

Translation: It'll be 19 cents in a steam weeklong deal.

Yeah, I know. I'm l8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back