Infamous 2 Hero edition - 59.99$ + free shipping code-- Gamestop Online + BM

[quote name='ohscaryone']Got mine yesterday from the local Gamestop, it was their last one. Thanks OP!

Now I will try and sell the bag since that is the only piece of the Hero Edition I don't really care to own.[/QUOTE]

That's the only piece of the hero edition I really wanted :).

Anybody know of a good bag that's like the Infamous 2 bag? I've been looking for shoulder bag much like this one that has cell phone pouch, a clippable strap, and isn't too big. I ended up buying a bag from FUL to use as my backpack for school. It's pretty close in functionality and of better quality, but its bigger and has a much thinner strap.

[quote name='Chemosh013']That's the only piece of the hero edition I really wanted :).[/QUOTE]
I'm getting it for everything EXCEPT the game. :lol:

[quote name='Chemosh013']That's the only piece of the hero edition I really wanted :).[/QUOTE]

Same here
icon_smile.gif

Mine still shows as order processing. I emailed them about at and they assured me it was really canceled.. I'll believe it when I get my $ back.

I couldn't get VSHIP to work on gamestop either - the code goes through in the cart, but then on the last page it gives an error and charges me for shipping. Still a good deal though!

[quote name='juanawoman']Is this a permanent drop? I don't have to worry about the price going up again...right?[/QUOTE]

I was told (by the GS employee) that it was just a temporary sale, but the only ones who truly know are the big wigs at the top...

[quote name='juanawoman']Is this a permanent drop? I don't have to worry about the price going up again...right?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's a price drop. My edition I got must have just came in with as it only had one sticker on it, and it was for $59.99, no sale sticker on it or anything. Also, they're clearly trying to clear out the numberous GameStop warehouses as tons of GS stores got the Hero Edition in stock in preperation for this price drop. Can't clear out stock if they raise it back to MSRP.

I heard it was probably stock from another store that GS bought out. I looking at BBV since they had all those clearance sales in June and is mostly looking to rent games only now. I could be wrong.

I talked to my local manager yesterday... He was telling me that this stock came from the Sony meetings with GS. Sony was upset that the Hero edition had not been moving at Best Buy and GS told them that they could sell all that Sony could give them, so the 2 parties worked out a good deal for the rest of the stock - which is why the price drop showed up and stock showed up in all of the stores. I'm guessing that when the regular edition goes up, the Hero edition will see a price increase, as well... Not that it matters, since we seem to be knocking out a lot of the copies at 59.99...

I was able to pick one up yesterday. I was able to get the last one. Now time to sell the backpack as I'm not a fan of the one sling backpacks.

Saw three copies for sale yesterday at the Washington Square Gamestop in Tigard, OR. They were stickered at $59.99. I already have one coming from PC Richard.

Just FYI - the Best Buy in Emeryville, CA had 3 more of these on the floor. I had mine price matched on Friday night.

They originally said that they couldn't match Gamestop's prices because they weren't on the list.

I just asked, can't you match a miscellaneous competitor or something like that. I mean, Gamestop is literally down the street from you guys (they have two gamestops probably within 5 miles of them).

She called the manager who said that as long as it was Gamestop's new price, not used, they could match it. She checked the website and then did the price match.

got one today, was going to wait til i was paid on friday but this was the last one in the store and wasn't sure if that was going to last.
Even the clerk was convinced that was all cause he was hoping to get it soon and I snaked the last copy the store had.

I like the pack but i'm afraid of using it, i'm a big dude (think Mike Haggar with a better mustache) and i'm afraid it would look like one of those backpack purses.

[quote name='Daviddenton3']got one today, was going to wait til i was paid on friday but this was the last one in the store and wasn't sure if that was going to last.
Even the clerk was convinced that was all cause he was hoping to get it soon and I snaked the last copy the store had.

I like the pack but i'm afraid of using it, i'm a big dude (think Mike Haggar with a better mustache) and i'm afraid it would look like one of those backpack purses.[/QUOTE]

then use it as a fanny pack =P

[quote name='Daviddenton3']
I like the pack but i'm afraid of using it, i'm a big dude (think Mike Haggar with a better mustache) and i'm afraid it would look like one of those backpack purses.[/QUOTE]

You know you have to post a picture now...

[quote name='Chemosh013']You know you have to post a picture now...[/QUOTE]

If you post a pic we can finally imagine Mike Haggar scaling buildings with electric superpowers.

You have to be patient with the price drops for the collector's edition deals. For example, I stopped buy Collector's editions ever since I paid 100 for Gran Turismo 5. I bought Killzone Heilghast Edition for 65.99 and Now I just bought this just now at Gamestop.com. There will be an Uncharted collector's edition for $100 in November. Redeem yourself in November, wait for a price drop!

Amazon is back in stock for $49.99, but supplies are down to ~50 right now

EDIT: if Amazon's stock goes "Currently unavailable" again, it is possible that they might restock again sometime in the afternoon. Then again, they might not.

Grabbed one off Amazon for $49.99. I'm planning on returning the one I got from GS.com to a B&M GS once it's delivered. If the game is still sealed and I have a copy of the invoice, am I good to go for the return?

[quote name='gunm']Hm, my order is still in process...I will try to get GS to cancel it.[/QUOTE]

I got a response from GS about cancelling. They claimed that they couldn't cancel because the order is ready to ship, though my order says PENDING. Gonna have to call them during my break to clear it up. I could just wait for it and return it but that's a bit of an inconvenience.

[quote name='ivos']I can not find it on AMAzon, sold by Amazon it showed me by some others . Any link ?[/QUOTE]
Deal is dead. There's a separate thread for it.

[quote name='mrkapawutzis']I got a response from GS about cancelling. They claimed that they couldn't cancel because the order is ready to ship, though my order says PENDING. Gonna have to call them during my break to clear it up. I could just wait for it and return it but that's a bit of an inconvenience.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't bother. I tried the same thing once and it didn't work out for me

[quote name='AJVtony831']I wouldn't bother. I tried the same thing once and it didn't work out for me[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess I'll just return it.

I was getting off work late, so I called in and asked if they would let me come get the Hero Edition during their midnight launch of NCAA 12, and he said yes. I got there at 10:15 local time, and the jackass at the store told me that he couldn't sell me anything, just give me a copy of NCAA 12. So I asked why they were open now, since I can't even get NCAA 12 until midnight. He said he could only sell copies of NCAA 12 during that time. I told him about my call earlier, and he said he would gladly let the manager know about my complaint.

So, there I was: Money in hand, Game behind the counter, three employees standing there with their thumb up their asses, computer system on and ready to go. And he kept saying "there's nothing I can do"

The two customers waiting for NCAA 12 were stunned.

Never been so pissed off. I don't understand! I called and asked if they would and they said yes. So mad that he was taking his frustration of being there until midnight out on me. Why not sell me the game!

[quote name='imacgod']Start complaining: http://mfisurvey.marketforce.com/GameStop/IndexCC.aspx

One caveat: I recently complained about a store, but the district manager never contacted me for a follow-up. It's been over a week. Other people seemed to have better luck getting a district manager to contact them though.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it depends on the severity of the complaint.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm pretty sure it depends on the severity of the complaint.[/QUOTE]

Well, the store I complained about lied to Best Buy about the price of a game that I was trying to price match. They claimed the price was online-only but that was clearly not true. It didn't help the Best Buy manager was someone I hadn't seen before.

But then again, I guess the district manager doesn't really care about the integrity or competency of his employees and rather make sure GameStop makes a sale instead of Best Buy. :roll:

bread's done
Back