Infamous $36.99 new at Amazon.com.

I'd jump on this if I hadn't already spent near $400 on video games in the month of November (for 19 games including the Wii Fit Plus bundle). I'll wait to see if the price drops any lower considering how many unwanted system-bundled copies are out there.

Yup, I'm one of those "people" with a brand new Infamous to unload. Bought the walmart BF bundle as a gift for my sister who won't be needing that nor Batman Asylum. Sucks to see the resell value going down. Will need to get rid of it fast when it finally comes in the mail tomorrow.

Maybe I should trade it here on cag for some 360 games :p ... offer is now out there, PM me people.

I think a lot of people are hoping for this to show up even cheaper on Gamefly in the next few days, although that would be in used condition though.

I picked this up on Cyber Monday for $40 too. Gonna try to get Amazon to give me the difference, even if it only is $3 :)

[quote name='pasko']Arrrrgg... got it for $40... oh well... it's $3...[/QUOTE]

If you got it for $40 and $20 PSN card I wouldn't complain :)

[quote name='lilboo']If you got it for $40 and $20 PSN card I wouldn't complain :)[/QUOTE]

Indeed, they can keep the $3.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Tomorrow, LBP and Rachet, $39.99 MSRP each. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, still...

Killzone 2 isn't worth the price where it is at for me (GameFly had it for $17.99 not too long ago, but didn't pick it up). I'm already covered for shooter-genre, which is MW2-- playing that extensively. LBP GOTY was worth the price and I enjoyed it when I borrowed from my local library. InFamous was pretty cool, but I'm not sure how much replay value it had for me after playing the demo.

[quote name='lilboo']R&C really going to $39.99 tomorrow?! :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]

I think he was being sarcastic.

[quote name='Casteor']I think he was being sarcastic.[/QUOTE]

Yes I was. hehe. but honestly, I'm not gonna be supprise if it does. Look at L4D2 and Uncharted 2. They've been around $40 range ever since they were released. Maybe just shooters in general are taking a dip in pricing. You got to admit, we have way too many shooters. 6 out of 10 games released are shooters of some kind on average.

Nowadays, we are seeing more quantity than quality. We play most games maybe couple times and then move to a new one. I still remember the days when we need to find, yes find (no internet back then and only a copy of nintendo power can help you) all the secrets in Super Mario Bros. or Castlevania, or perfect Ninja Gaiden and beat it from beginning to the end in 8 mins or something. The last console with the most innovative and varied games was Dreamcast. Everything else after were/are all more of the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Ardrid']I picked this up on Cyber Monday for $40 too. Gonna try to get Amazon to give me the difference, even if it only is $3 :)[/QUOTE]

I forget which day it was, but I got in on the deal for this game and $20 in PSN credits for $40, and they were able to adjust my price to $36.99 as the game hasnt shipped yet :)

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Yes I was. hehe. but honestly, I'm not gonna be supprise if it does. Look at L4D2 and Uncharted 2. They've been around $40 range ever since they were released. Maybe just shooters in general are taking a dip in pricing. You got to admit, we have way too many shooters. 6 out of 10 games released are shooters of some kind on average.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Too many shooters these days. I don't need to play 2+ shooters at the same thing, simultaneously even. The Best Buy bundle was more "well-rounded" because of the games it offered, which I do enjoy anyways. RaC2 completed my PS3 collection for the RaC series anyways : ). I also seem to find GOTY to be attractive, which LBP was.

Channelx,

Did you call them or email them? I emailed and they shot me down. The $3 isn't a big deal but I wouldn't mind getting the credit :)

[quote name='Ardrid']I picked this up on Cyber Monday for $40 too. Gonna try to get Amazon to give me the difference, even if it only is $3 :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Amazon doesn't PM its own prices (unless it's on pre-orders). No harm trying though. I know I emailed before regarding a game I bought on Amazon and then a couple of days later, it was the DotD. Couldn't get the difference back...

[quote name='Feral Lynx']When Infamous reaches $29.99, I'll buy.[/QUOTE]

It's coming. It already sold 1.2 million so a greatest hits is inevitable. I'll be sure to swoop in on this early and get a black label unlike the now difficult to find Assassin's Creed black label.

[quote name='cochesecochese']It's coming. It already sold 1.2 million so a greatest hits is inevitable. I'll be sure to swoop in on this early and get a black label unlike the now difficult to find Assassin's Creed black label.[/QUOTE]

Black label?

[quote name='Casteor']Black label?[/QUOTE]

In other words, the original cover, with the black outline at the top, unlike the greatest hits version, which has a red outline.

[quote name='Feral Lynx']In other words, the original cover, with the black outline at the top, unlike the greatest hits version, which has a red outline.[/QUOTE]

Oh right, just the original cover. I have the greatest hits version, but I really don't care.

[quote name='Feral Lynx']In other words, the original cover, with the black outline at the top, unlike the greatest hits version, which has a red outline.[/QUOTE]
Aye. Thanks for that, lad.

[quote name='cochesecochese']It's coming. It already sold 1.2 million so a greatest hits is inevitable. I'll be sure to swoop in on this early and get a black label unlike the now difficult to find Assassin's Creed black label.[/QUOTE]

The black-label version of Assassin's Creed is hard to find now? Wow, I never imagined that, especially since the game sold millions of copies. I mean, you should be able to find a used black-label copy at Blockbuster or Gamestop, right? If my game's worth a decent amount, I won't mind selling it. :lol:Although, I doubt that my original copy is worth anything...

Infamous isn't on my "must have" list right now, so I won't mind holding out a bit lol.

[quote name='estofan']Sorry, Amazon doesn't PM its own prices (unless it's on pre-orders). No harm trying though. I know I emailed before regarding a game I bought on Amazon and then a couple of days later, it was the DotD. Couldn't get the difference back...[/QUOTE]

As a policy, no, they don't. But there have been quite a few ppl who managed to get a credit when Amazon start price matching B&M over Black Friday. Like I said, in the end it's not that big of a deal. I did get the game for $30 with the Discover promo + the $20 PSN credit (can't wait for PixelJunk Shooter next week!) so I'm definitely not upset if they won't/can't do it.

[quote name='Feral Lynx']The black-label version of Assassin's Creed is hard to find now? Wow, I never imagined that, especially since the game sold millions of copies. I mean, you should be able to find a used black-label copy at Blockbuster or Gamestop, right? If my game's worth a decent amount, I won't mind selling it. :lol:Although, I doubt that my original copy is worth anything...

Infamous isn't on my "must have" list right now, so I won't mind holding out a bit lol.[/QUOTE]

Really? I played the demo and I LOVED it. However, I'm far too cheap to buy it at full price. But it's definately on my Must have list for when the price is right, but I'm pretty close to buying it.

btw guys, Infamous is 36.99 at Newegg now too, for those of us who get charged tax on amazon. Hmmm so close to buying :S I can save about 5 bucks, instead of buying local.

[quote name='Feral Lynx']The black-label version of Assassin's Creed is hard to find now? Wow, I never imagined that, especially since the game sold millions of copies. I mean, you should be able to find a used black-label copy at Blockbuster or Gamestop, right? If my game's worth a decent amount, I won't mind selling it. :lol:Although, I doubt that my original copy is worth anything...[/QUOTE]
Used? Dime a dozen I'm-a-fraid. It's the mythical 'still sealed' edition that held it's value (retail or just a few bucks above).

bread's done
Back