inFamous PS3 $39.95 @ BuyNextGen

I got the game from Amazon when it first came out as a Gold box quick pick for $53 and think the game is pretty cool but a bit repetitive but not as bad as AC. Definitely worth $40.

If you happen to be unable to register at BuyNextGen, you're not alone...They have some good deals, but I have only been able to browse the site. Some have complained of massive delays/non-contact in processing, other's have said no issues, within a week they had their game...mixed bag, but usually decent prices.

$40 is a great price, but I already have this, I recommend it to anyone who likes action, comics, addictive fun, and even action/RPG's..

Nah, you can beat this in the span of a rental (both paths), so don't waste your money til it's sub 30. After that, there's absolutely no reason to play again (and you really won't want to). In fact, I just used it towards the Amazon promotion to try and recoup some of my losses.

[quote name='Jodou']Nah, you can beat this in the span of a rental (both paths), so don't waste your money til it's sub 30. After that, there's absolutely no reason to play again (and you really won't want to). In fact, I just used it towards the Amazon promotion to try and recoup some of my losses.[/QUOTE]

Well I'm sure you can if you play every night but I definitely think it is worth $40 and I did order Prototype from them and it just took a week after they got it back in stock to send it to me. I did get it though. I think all video games really aren't worth more than $30. But if you don't have anything else to play I would bite at this price.

[quote name='3rdbass']i got the game from amazon when it first came out as a gold box quick pick for $53 and think the game is pretty cool but a bit repetitive but not as bad as ac. Definitely worth $40.[/quote]
ac?

[quote name='ISHCM']Assassin's Creed[/QUOTE]

Yeah that game bored me to death right from the start and only played it for a couple hours. Worst purchase I ever made well maybe LOTR Conquest is the worst.

Heh, after getting one of those gamestop survery giftcards I went out to get this or prototype. Prototype won out due to being rated M. I felt like blood that day.

Does anyone own both and think that it might be worthwhile to own both?

[quote name='Jodou']Nah, you can beat this in the span of a rental (both paths)[/QUOTE]

lol? Maybe if you grind for like 5 hours a day, but for anyone that doesn't play more than 2-3 (like me), I doubt a rental will be enough. I've been playing it the past 3 or 4 days and I think I've got a ways to go on my first play through. And if you want to 100% the thing, I definitely don't think a rental will do it.

[quote name='probablysober']Does anyone own both and think that it might be worthwhile to own both?[/QUOTE]

I like them both, but I'd have to say inFAMOUS is the better game. If you already own Prototype, I'd definitely say inFAMOUS is still worth picking up.

[quote name='probablysober']Prototype won out due to being rated M. I felt like blood that day.[/QUOTE]
:roll:

I'm playing through Prototype right now, already beaten inFAMOUS. Very different games, but I prefer inFAMOUS.

[quote name='lolwut?']And if you want to 100% the thing, I definitely don't think a rental will do it.[/QUOTE]

Who would bother trying for 100% with a rental? Isn't that the kind of thing you do to warrant your purchase of a game, but don't bother with if your renting it? Anyways, I've got infamous on the way from Gamefly using my 30 day ECA trial. Saves me a cool $40 to spend on something else.

Ive played both, but infamous felt much stronger of a game for me. I do not like open world games tho, so i havent bought either of them

played the demo of this the other day. Surprised this game has its current amount of sales. I know we are in a recession and Sony can't market its games, but honestly this game was fun as shit for the time I played. It's a shame that worse games gameplay wise (Assassin Creed 1, PS3) will be much more successful than infamous.

[quote name='probablysober']Does anyone own both and think that it might be worthwhile to own both?[/QUOTE]

Both are good and very different games. There is no reason not to buy one(or atleast try it) because you have the other. I thought Infamous had more detailed graphics, fleshed out characters and a cooler story. Prototype had way more fun combat with an insane amount of options/abilities and a hectic warzone feeling whenever around the city and in missions(20 infected, 5 hunters, 5 tanks/helicopters, 20 marines, tons of civilians, and you).

[quote name='BWS1982']If you happen to be unable to register at BuyNextGen, you're not alone...They have some good deals, but I have only been able to browse the site. Some have complained of massive delays/non-contact in processing, other's have said no issues, within a week they had their game...mixed bag, but usually decent prices.

$40 is a great price, but I already have this, I recommend it to anyone who likes action, comics, addictive fun, and even action/RPG's..[/QUOTE]

Watch out, what BWS says is true, alot of people have had major problems with them, as well as extremely slow delivery (a couple days under a month). Although I probably will order from them again sooner or later, just watch yourself, and don't be surprised if you have some problems along the way.

In terms of if its worth it, Infamous is def. worth it, I would recommend it to pretty much anyone, hardcore gamers to lesser gamers alike.

Some other interesting deals on BNG:

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood :ps3: :360: $45.95
NCAA Football '10 :ps3: :360: $49.95

Couldn't register my addresses to get an order to go through. All good and fine reading some of the bullshit others say are associated with this site. I'll stick with my amazon purchase.

[quote name='SteveGo']Who would bother trying for 100% with a rental? Isn't that the kind of thing you do to warrant your purchase of a game, but don't bother with if your renting it? Anyways, I've got infamous on the way from Gamefly using my 30 day ECA trial. Saves me a cool $40 to spend on something else.[/QUOTE]

Uh, usually when I rent a game, I try to complete as much as possible, and accumulate as many trophies/achievements as I can. Thought that was normal

[quote name='lolwut?']Uh, usually when I rent a game, I try to complete as much as possible, and accumulate as many trophies/achievements as I can. Thought that was normal[/QUOTE]

Far from it. I rent a game to experience the game, and if it warrants a purchase, then I buy it. But I don't sit there trying to squeeze every drop out of rental at the expense of other things in my life. To each their own though. And personally, achievements and trophies are not a reason to rent a game, they're a nice bonus, but that's all.

[quote name='SteveGo']Far from it. I rent a game to experience the game, and if it warrants a purchase, then I buy it. But I don't sit there trying to squeeze every drop out of rental at the expense of other things in my life. To each their own though. And personally, achievements and trophies are not a reason to rent a game, they're a nice bonus, but that's all.[/QUOTE]

lol? I don't like, put my life on halt to sit there and grind on the game until I have found every secret that it possesses, but if I've rented a game, I've already most likely ruled out a purchase and I'm going to try to beat as much of it as I can before the rental is over.

Renting games these days is too expensive to use it as an extended demo, IMO

bread's done
Back