Info on Tomb Raider please..

Thearchmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I'm really looking forward to the latest reboot of TR.
Much to the chagrin of many purists out there they recently revealed the game's multiplayer component.
I've looked all over the intertubes and can't confirm whether the game will have any sort of Xbox System Link capacity.
Does anyone have any info?

[quote name='Thearchmichael']I've looked all over the intertubes and can't confirm whether the game will have any sort of Xbox System Link capacity.
Does anyone have any info?[/QUOTE]

Highly doubt it will support system link. Very hard to make you buy extra content when you aren't playing online.

Been awhile since a x360 game supported system link.

Thanks for the reply j-cart.
It's a damn shame. Xbox as a brand won me over because of the original Halo's ability to link.
And to this day we still fire it up along with Crimson Skies, Project Gotham for some LAN party goodness.
If anyone has any concrete proof, either y/n, I'd really appreciate it, as I want to know if I need to buy one or two copies of Tomb Raider.

Tried asking Crystal Dynamic and they've yet to reply.
In the meanwhile I asked Microsoft Store and they confirmed the multiplayer suite is Online only. :cry:

Thank you for choosing Microsoft Store. An Answer Tech will be with you shortly.
Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Justin'.
Justin: Thanks for contacting Microsoft Store Chat! How can I help you today?
You: I'm looking @ Tomb Raider and do not see whether the game will have "System Link" capabilities.
Justin: I'll be happy to address that Xbox issue today!
Justin: Are you inquiring as to whether there are online features through Xbox Live for that game?
You: No. I know that it will have a multiplayer component. What I do not know is whether or not the New Tomb Raider will have system link
Justin: Alright, let me look into that for you.
You: Ok
Justin: Alright, after looking into that, I've found that Tomb Raider will not support local system links.
Justin: The multiplayer will be online-only.

You: Thanks so much for the info. You've been very helpful.

Oh well those are the breaks.

[quote name='j-cart']Highly doubt it will support system link. Very hard to make you buy extra content when you aren't playing online.

Been awhile since a x360 game supported system link.[/QUOTE]
Borderlands 2 has system link co-op... just sayin'. ;)

System link is hit or miss these days. Considering the demographic's penchant for LAN parties, you'd think Microsoft would make system link a standard requirement.

[quote name='Spokker']System link is hit or miss these days. Considering the demographic's penchant for LAN parties, you'd think Microsoft would make system link a standard requirement.[/QUOTE]
You're exactly right!
They push system link only on games they publish, which these days are few & far between.
Multiplayer online only is a rip.

Sounds like the MP is pretty much throwaway anyway.

I'm pretty disappointed in the direction they took with this game TBH. Tomb Raider was to games what Indiana Jones or James Bond was to cinema. The exploitative nature of innocence and brutality in this reboot is completely unfaithful and disingenuous to fans. It sounds like the game is amazing, only to be undermined by terrible direction and idiot writers. Kind of on the fence whether or not to still get this game, because Tomb Raider was one of my first crushes on PC. . .

This game is silly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDN18WdIdpE

It takes the Uncharted "surviving only by chance" pattern and pumps it to 11 based on the trailers I saw. The game completely beats the shit out of her and I couldn't help but find the entire thing silly, so I made this video. When she falls down the waterfall, I lost it the first time I saw that.

bread's done
Back