Inglorious Basterds $12 sealed new on Blu-Ray at Target!

buster90

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Inglorious Basterds comes out this week for $20 on sale on Blu-ray at Target.

Use the popular $5 off coupon and get it for $15

PLus there is a $3 off coupon in today's Sunday paper in the coupon section. It is one the front of the coupon section. $3 off.

using both coupons brings the price to $12.

THere are coupons for a few other movies (Public Enemies, Funny People, etc) but they don't seem to be on sale at Target this week.

I wanted to give this its own thread $12 is a steal for a great movie in HD.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Should I do a blind buy on this Tuesday? To make things easier: I think Jackie Brown was Tarantino's greatest movie, didn't like Pulp Fiction as much as everyone else, thought Deathproof was awesome (yeah, sue me). Based on that, should I do a blind buy of this movie?[/QUOTE]

This might be his best movie. Nothing like Pulp Fiction by the way.

I also love Death Proof, gets better with every viewing... first half has great dialogue and then after the weak middle part in the diner, it's got the awesome car chase... great movie IMO

I can't wait to buy this and watch it again tomorrow, got my whole night planned around it.

[quote name='mcdaking84']they have to, their coupon policy states it[/QUOTE]
Could you provide a link stating this? So I can print it out and show it to them. If any problem occurs when trying to use both coupons.

[quote name='Curiousgeorge']Could you provide a link stating this? So I can print it out and show it to them. If any problem occurs when trying to use both coupons.[/QUOTE]

The Internet is your friend (did Google search on "Target coupon policy"):

http://www.target.com/Coupon-Policy-Store-Merchandise-Information/b?ie=UTF8&node=2223357011

For the link lazy:
[quote name='From Target.com']
Target Stores Coupon Policy

Coupons are a great way to save even more when shopping with us, and it's easy to use them at our stores.

• Target accepts one manufacturer coupon and one Target coupon for the same item (unless prohibited)
• Super Target coupons can be used in any Target store if the store carries the item
• We gladly accept valid internet coupons

Because of the variety of coupons available to our guests, we do have some guidelines for how coupons can be redeemed at Target.

When accepting coupons, we use the following guidelines:

• We accept two kinds of coupons: Target-issued coupons and manufacturer-issued.
• We'll accept one Target coupon and one manufacturer coupon for the same item, unless either coupon prohibits it.
• Coupon amount may be reduced if it exceeds the value of the item after other discounts or coupons are applied.
• We can't give cash back if the face value of a coupon is greater than the purchase value of the item.
• We can't accept coupons from other retailers, or coupons for products not carried in our stores.
• All valid coupons should be presented to the cashier while you're checking out.

Learn more about the Target.com Pricing Policy.
transparent-pixel._V42752373_.gif
[/quote]

[quote name='Biggquis']Hey... will they take a scan for the $3 coupon? I don't want to download the coupon program as I am at work[/QUOTE]

download the coupon program from home?

kind of a dumb question... does anyone know if the target version with the soundtrack has any kind of alternate packaging? or is it just the soundtrack taped on the back?

[quote name='arrrggghhh']kind of a dumb question... does anyone know if the target version with the soundtrack has any kind of alternate packaging? or is it just the soundtrack taped on the back?[/QUOTE]

I think it's just attached to the back, but I know the slipcover has a different layout; it has a black border instead of a red one.

I need to get the Hangover. So I might be using this method to score it. Thanks for the links and everything.

Just a heads up, at the Target in Castleton area in Indianapolis, the Inglorious Basterds $3 coupon didn't work automatically. Manager came over, read every little piece of fine print and just manually overrode it and put it in. Not sure if this will be the case everywhere else but wanted to put my experience out there.

[quote name='jp0213']Just a heads up, at the Target in Castleton area in Indianapolis, the Inglorious Basterds $3 coupon didn't work automatically. Manager came over, read every little piece of fine print and just manually overrode it and put it in. Not sure if this will be the case everywhere else but wanted to put my experience out there.[/QUOTE]

Did the Target coupon scan normally on this one?

Yeah, the Target coupon worked fine on it. They tried to scan and input the number of the coupon before inputting the Target coupon and also after scanning the Target coupon. No dice automatically showing up.

Picked mine up without any issue. $12.81 after tax for the standard version.

The "special" version Target has is the same as the normal version with the soundtrack CD shrunkwrapped to the back with a different piece of back cover art showing that the soundtrack was included. It's $26.99 right now, so it's $7 additional to pick up the soundtrack CD with it.

I just finished setting up my return with Amazon, and did it as a self-return. Just to remind people that if they do an Amazon return as a self-return, they're supposed to reimburse you for your shipping charges. If you use their return label, you're out $3 or so, which eliminates the difference of getting it at Target versus Amazon.

coupons worked fine for me, thanks for the heads up... 12.71 out the door for this on Blu is a great price

Excited to watch it tonight with the wifey, she didn't see it in the theater with me... got the steak and wine ready

[quote name='postalpez']at target there were coupons on ib and pe for $5 off if you bought both at the same time. How is pe?[/quote]

pe?

I've had problems printing this coupon because of printer issues and now that the printer's fixed Redplum says I've reached my print limit. Is there a way around this?

[quote name='shrike4242']Picked mine up without any issue. $12.81 after tax for the standard version.

The "special" version Target has is the same as the normal version with the soundtrack CD shrunkwrapped to the back with a different piece of back cover art showing that the soundtrack was included. It's $26.99 right now, so it's $7 additional to pick up the soundtrack CD with it.

I just finished setting up my return with Amazon, and did it as a self-return. Just to remind people that if they do an Amazon return as a self-return, they're supposed to reimburse you for your shipping charges. If you use their return label, you're out $3 or so, which eliminates the difference of getting it at Target versus Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Amazon does not reimburse you if send the package back yourself if the item was not damaged or an error on their part. If you use their label and the item is not damaged or incorrect, they just deduct the shipping cost from the amount they refund you. With just a regular refund, you still have to pay for shipping (either on your own or deducted by Amazon)

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Amazon does not reimburse you if send the package back yourself. How would they know how much you spent on shipping? They only pay for return shipping if the item was damaged or an error on their part if you use their label. If you use their label and the item is not damaged or incorrect, they just deduct the shipping cost from the amount they refund you.[/QUOTE]Yes, they do. The give you a standardized shipping amount for the return, which lines up with the shipping costs I've paid for past returns. If you don't use their return label and pay for the shipping yourself, they will credit it back to you. I've had this done twice in the last couple of months for items I returned back to Amazon. How else would you be able to return an item to Amazon if you don't use their label if you don't pay for it yourself?

EDIT: The last item I returned to them was Sunshine Cleaning on BR, which I picked up for $19.99. Best Buy had it for $9.99 a couple of weeks later, so I picked it up from them and returned the copy back to Amazon. Once they received it, they returned the $19.99 plus an additional $2.85 for the return shipping charges to send it back to them. This was on 11/06/09 when they did the two credits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a note about my issue with Target accepting the coupon automatically. There were some Inglorious Basterds that did not have slip covers on them on blu-ray. Then there were ones with slipcovers and no cd and another set with slipcovers and the cd. Maybe that is where the confusion lays?

[quote name='jp0213']Just a note about my issue with Target accepting the coupon automatically. There were some Inglorious Basterds that did not have slip covers on them on blu-ray. Then there were ones with slipcovers and no cd and another set with slipcovers and the cd. Maybe that is where the confusion lays?[/QUOTE]

While omitting the ones with a cd(soundtrack), was the inglorious basterds bluray you bought with or without a slipcover?

[quote name='postalpez']at target there were coupons on IB and PE for $5 off if you bought both at the same time. how is PE?[/QUOTE]

Public Enemies was good; I saw it in the theater and it was very entertaining. But not worth a purchase from me since I already saw it...at least not for more than $5 or so.

I forgot to mention that bonus coupon - yeah check the slipcase of Inglorious Basterds for the typical taped on bonus instant coupon, $5 extra off Inglorious Basterds and Public Enemies when purchased together.

I think Public Enemies is now $19.99, right? So with the Target coupon and this bonus one, it will be $9.99

[quote name='jp0213']Just a note about my issue with Target accepting the coupon automatically. There were some Inglorious Basterds that did not have slip covers on them on blu-ray. Then there were ones with slipcovers and no cd and another set with slipcovers and the cd. Maybe that is where the confusion lays?[/QUOTE]

The slipcovers almost always have holes in the back so the UPC code can be scanned, so that would make no difference between one with a slipcase and one without.

However, the Target special movie + soundtrack has a different UPC code, which is on the added cardstock on the back. The Blu Ray case/movie is the same as all the others, it's just that added CD + cardstock (with a different UPC) that is different.

[quote name='shrike4242']Yes, they do. The give you a standardized shipping amount for the return, which lines up with the shipping costs I've paid for past returns. If you don't use their return label and pay for the shipping yourself, they will credit it back to you. I've had this done twice in the last couple of months for items I returned back to Amazon. How else would you be able to return an item to Amazon if you don't use their label if you don't pay for it yourself?

EDIT: The last item I returned to them was Sunshine Cleaning on BR, which I picked up for $19.99. Best Buy had it for $9.99 a couple of weeks later, so I picked it up from them and returned the copy back to Amazon. Once they received it, they returned the $19.99 plus an additional $2.85 for the return shipping charges to send it back to them. This was on 11/06/09 when they did the two credits.[/QUOTE]

Interesting....Do you have Prime or did you pay for originally pay for shipping on the front end? If you don't have Prime and you paid for shipping initially when you ordered then they might be refunding the original amount of shipping and you are responsible for the return costs. I've returned a lot of things from Amazon that I paid for return shipping myself and didn't use their label and have never been refunded any shipping costs but I've had Prime for a few years. It just doesn't make sense for them to refund shipping costs when you do a self-return but charge you for shipping costs when you use their label.

[quote name='karkyco']
I think Public Enemies is now $19.99, right? So with the Target coupon and this bonus one, it will be $9.99[/QUOTE]
It scaned 19.99 at a price scaner for me.
got both for 19.99x2 - $5 target coupons - $5 on box coupon - $3x2 red plum coupons. so just over $20 with tax for both.

Yeah a lot of stuff listed at $29.99 is wrong. The price checkers are your friend.

Anyways, I got IB for $13.58 no problem, I even used the scanned version of the redplum coupon cause the redplum site wouldn't work for me on 4 different computers. I also asked a guy with a stock checker to check if they had Transporter 2 in the back, turns out they did, got it for $5. I haven't seen it out at all when I have been there like the past month! I'm going to ask if they have some more stuff next time I'm there.

[quote name='postalpez']It scaned 19.99 at a price scaner for me.
got both for 19.99x2 - $5 target coupons - $5 on box coupon - $3x2 red plum coupons. so just over $20 with tax for both.[/QUOTE]

wow thats pretty good. going to try getting in on that as i didnt pick up public enemies bluray yet

[quote name='whoasaywhat']Interesting....Do you have Prime or did you pay for originally pay for shipping on the front end? If you don't have Prime and you paid for shipping initially when you ordered then they might be refunding the original amount of shipping and you are responsible for the return costs. I've returned a lot of things from Amazon that I paid for return shipping myself and didn't use their label and have never been refunded any shipping costs but I've had Prime for a few years. It just doesn't make sense for them to refund shipping costs when you do a self-return but charge you for shipping costs when you use their label.[/QUOTE]I do have Prime, yes.

I return very few items to Amazon that aren't issues with damaged in shipment situations, so it's rare that I have to outright return an item. In both cases recently that I did that, they refunded my return shipping costs to my credit card.

[quote name='postalpez']It scaned 19.99 at a price scaner for me.
got both for 19.99x2 - $5 target coupons - $5 on box coupon - $3x2 red plum coupons. so just over $20 with tax for both.[/QUOTE]

So does that mean you got the target coupon to scan twice?

I got this for $12 + tax no problem. The $3 coupon did throw a fit when the cashier scanned it but she overrode it with nary a glance.

This isn't an isolated incident with manufacturers coupons and Target.

The Target cash register system seems to have problems with manufacturers coupons. I buy a lot of groceries from there and use coupons. Usually the cashiers have to override every man. coupon I use.

[quote name='exRounder']So does that mean you got the target coupon to scan twice?[/QUOTE]
I haved used more than one at a time a few times with out trouble, just make shure they scan the target coupons last. Even CSR let me when I pricematched meijer for tropic thunder and step brothers for $5 each.

the stupid bitch wouldnt override the $3 coupon plus the stickers ruined the slipcover

will return the movie and try again later

Both coupons worked and I picked it up for $11.99 plus tax.. I'm really going to miss these $5-off coupons. They are spoiling the crap out of me.. HAHA!!

[quote name='postalpez']I haved used more than one at a time a few times with out trouble, just make shure they scan the target coupons last. Even CSR let me when I pricematched meijer for tropic thunder and step brothers for $5 each.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. Good grab on the PE. All the Targets around me are back up to 30 for it.

[quote name='gunm']What do you use as the return reason for Amazon so that the return shipping charges are waived?[/QUOTE]This is what I put down for the reason when I returned Sunshine Cleaning:
Reason: Better price available
Return Details: Best Buy will be offering this item for $9.99 starting on 11/01/09 in-store and online.

This is what I did for Inglorious Basterds:
Reason: Better price available
Return Details: At Target in-store, this title is $19.99. Currently, they have a $5 store coupon and there is a $3 manufacturer coupon that makes this item $12.81 after tax.

I received the $2.85 back without any prompting from Amazon for Sunshine Cleaning, so I would expect the same situation to happen here when I return Inglorious Basterds.

If Public Enemies is still $19.99 which I don't doubt cause Target has done stuff like this to get you in to the store. They will have one price advertised but when it scans its a lower price. An example is Star Trek both vesrsions (Reg 3 Disc or Target Exclusive one) rang up $5 less than in the ad.

I will find out soon as I get off of work so I'm happy I didn't rush to Walmart to get it like I've done for most of the newest releases.

bread's done
Back