International Selling Questions

Yusuke-Urameshi-

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
If I were to start selling internationally (UK and Canada, mainly), what would I need to do this? Will the 6x10 $5.25 Global Priority Mail envelope work with selling single games? What kind of customs form will I have to fill out? Any other labels or forms? Will they be charged a tax on it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've had a lot of overseas and Canadian buyers. Custom forms have to be filled out. They take a couple minutes, but aren't terrible.

I haven't had any lot small enough to try fitting into a GP envelope, but those are a great idea for single games. That's worth checking into, because otherwise shipping out of the States is a bundle.

edit: I forgot to hit your Tax question. Ebay for me is not a business, it's an online garage sale. If you earn an income on ebay, the answer *may* be different. But I have never had to charge anyone tax, just as I have never had to pay tax on eBay purchases.

Thanks for the answers. On the tax question, I was more so wondering if they would be charged when they received it? I know some places do that, but was wondering if Canada or the UK did?

[quote name='Yusuke-Urameshi-']Thanks for the answers. On the tax question, I was more so wondering if they would be charged when they received it? I know some places do that, but was wondering if Canada or the UK did?[/quote]

Yes, they will have to pay tax based on what amount is on the customs form. (country dependant) If you will be doing a lot of out of country shipping and will go to the same PO, don't put gift or a low amount on the customs, they will get suspicious and probably look into it.

bread's done
Back