Internet Radio and Steaming Music: How do you do it?

rumarudrathas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Okay guys, I'm mostly bored here but I do have a burning questions to ask.

I have an extensive mp3 collection, but lately I've been relying on a handful of internet radios to discover new artists, listen around the office, and just to entertain myself with my mp3 player is dead (damn 4 year old lith-ion batteries).

Anyways, what do you guys listen to?

Right now for me, it's a toss up between Slacker and Pandora and jumping to Youtube for the really specific music-hunts.

Last edited by a moderator:
www.shoutcast.com

I use the lite version of Winamp to run music in the background of most of my games.

Also, I use JoyToKey and a wireless gamepad like a remote to access stations/TV channels.

My wives call it the 'panty dropper' since chicks dig that stuff?!

Last edited:
[quote name='ivandrz']last fm. because my xbox made me get an account[/QUOTE]

That's some :bs:

I used to be a big shoutcast fan, and I was fairly happy to learn that there were video Shoutcasts out there (good place to watch and discover new Anime back in the day).

I'm about to gift myself a new smartphone for my upcoming b-day, and I recently learned that both pandora and slacker had free apps for both the Blackberry and Iphone OSes. Anybody have experience on using your favorite streaming radio on the go?

Grooveshark.com looks fairly slick though, might try that out today since my mp3 player is on the fritz. I'll save Digitally Imported for my house-warming party in a week or two.

[quote name='rumarudrathas']I used to be a big shoutcast fan, and I was fairly happy to learn that there were video Shoutcasts out there (good place to watch and discover new Anime back in the day).

I'm about to gift myself a new smartphone for my upcoming b-day, and I recently learned that both pandora and slacker had free apps for both the Blackberry and Iphone OSes. Anybody have experience on using your favorite streaming radio on the go?

Grooveshark.com looks fairly slick though, might try that out today since my mp3 player is on the fritz. I'll save Digitally Imported for my house-warming party in a week or two.[/QUOTE]

My netbook is probably not what you mean by 'on the go' but I don't use cell phones in any fashion outside of Google voice.

My netbook has been at my side for a bit and I always stream shoutcast for the music and anime like you stated above. It's great. I can either plug my phones to it from my backpack or take it out and station it somewhere.

Shoutcast has some new features that work with Search Bot...so you can have your bot look for songs or genres on the fly and stream each channel at the same time while only hearing/listening to the songs you want as they come and go.

i used to use pandora since i liked its ability to suggest related music and to make your own channel of a particular band or whatever. I haven't used it for years though and i think it has since changed.

bread's done
Back