Inu Yasha season 1 $40 at Wal-Mart... TV EDIT... screw it

monoxide101

CAGiversary!
I noticed this today when I was looking around. It's also online. This is a hell of a price, I think the cheapest I've seen it before was during TRSI's 12 Days of Xmas sale for $50.

Yeah, it's the gatefold box with a plastic sleeve. I wish it was a thinpak set (with individual cases - like Family Guy, etc.) instead, because the gatefold looks like a bootleg. It's still great to have a region 1 set that takes up a little over an inch of shelf space though.

It's the 27 episodes from the first season, BUT its the english dub only. I was really close to picking it up, glad I saw that first.

Ah, that sucks, english dub only.

Edit: According to the website, "Bilingual English/Japanese; Alpha Casing; Textless ending, NTSC"

But it also says "Language: English"

yeah i saw that in walmart. It REALLY looks like a bootleg, and is 3 discs for 27 episodes to boot. Still it is a decent price, but good luck distinguishing that set from bootlegs on ebay....

Sonuvabitch. It is the english TV version. That'll teach me to buy shit with only 3 hrs. of sleep the night before - this things going back. If I would have realised this I never would have bother posting the deal. I don't support or condone this type of crap in any way.

[quote name='monoxide101']Sonuvabitch. It is the english TV version. That'll teach me to buy shit with only 3 hrs. of sleep the night before - this things going back. If I would have realised this I never would have bother posting the deal. I don't support or condone this type of crap in any way.[/quote]

:lol:

It happens to the best of us. I almost ended up getting the edited version of Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker before I realized it at the last second. At least you can get a refund. Get some
smiliebett4vq.gif
man!

I bought the GANTZ season one set from Wal-Mart and I was suprised that nothing was cut out. ( That I could find) Nudity, violence, exploding body parts were all still there. Some may be heavily edited ( something Wal-Mart is ntorious for) while others are not.

I wasn't aware the Cartoon Network edit crap was still going on, even better they said to hell with quality and crammed 27 eps on 3 discs. At least the Endless Waltz and Blue Submarine versions looked alright.

They should just have put the episodes on the discs as .divx files, that way they could have fit it into two discs.

Does this thing even have subtitles / captions?

[quote name='dragonpancakes']I bought the GANTZ season one set from Wal-Mart and I was suprised that nothing was cut out. ( That I could find) Nudity, violence, exploding body parts were all still there. Some may be heavily edited ( something Wal-Mart is ntorious for) while others are not.[/quote]

I think that is just because Inuyasha has a mainstream audience in the US due to TV exposure. Gantz doesn't have that problem so it never had to be edited. If they tried to air edited though, there would probably be an edited DVD version released.

"If you have any questions concerning this product, please do not hesitate to contact our sales associate:

CHONG CHING BAK
Unit 644-2 Tai Tung Building,
13 Fleming Road
Cacuaco, Hong Kong"

What's all this bitching about editing? Yes, it's dub-only, the version airing on Adult Swim, and that should be reason enough not to buy this - but to complain about *editing*? Are any of you even aware that the editing that occurs on Adult Swim ranges from extremely minimal to entirely nonexistant? If you're going to complain about something, at least complain about something significant. Jesus christ, people.

[quote name='Drahken']Ok I'm going to complain about how they keep putting out stupid Dub only realeses for series.[/QUOTE]
Much better!

But in this case there's actually a dual-language version available, so the point is moot.

Maybe you kids should stop bitching and offer me something for the 25 discs of InuYasha I have.

^discs 1-25, NTSC releases by Viz with cases in near mint. Unedited with japanese and english dubbing. pics available.

bread's done
Back