iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Now with Wiki Editable Goodness!!

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions.

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

148 Apps
App Shopper iOS / App Shopper Mac
Free App Alert
Touch Arcade
Free App A Day

App & Game Review Sites

IGN Wireless
MacLife iPad
MacLife iPod/iPhone
Slide to Play
Touch Arcade
Touch Gen
TUAW Games

Free App offers from Developers
• Get a free copy of the Number Fill app for iOS by sending an email to [email protected] with subject "iOSApp:" (while supplies last).

YouTube Video Reviews

iPad Game Reviews
iPhone\iPod Touch Game Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center Exchange Thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

ITUNES GIFT CARD SALES
Gamestop: 6/8 to 6/14, $25 iTunes gift card for $20

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.

2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.

3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.

4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.

5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.

6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.

7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.

8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.

10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

11. Universal Apps have a small plus sign in the upper left corner next to their price. They can be played natively on both the iPad and iPod/iPhone. iPhone games that are not universal can still be played on the iPad with a lower resolution. Non universal iPad games cannot be played on the iPhone.

Recommended Games by Genre
Feel free to add games, genres or move titles as needed. This list is to give CAGs a chance to catch up on missed high-quality games and to get new users started on "can't miss" titles to download for their new idevice. Underlined titles are universal (ipad and iphone/ipod touch). Italic are iPad only.

Casual - Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope. World of Goo, Osmos, Bird Strike - GOLD EDITION, Parachute Ninja, Pilot Winds, Depict, Flight Control, Time Geeks: Find All!, Bird Zapper!, Tapper World Tour, Amazing Breaker
Shooter - Tilt to Live, Galaxy on Fire 2, Espgaluda II, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust, Radiant, Warblade, MetalStorm: Online, Minotron 2112
F/TPS/Action - Shadowgun, N.O.V.A., N.O.V.A. 2, Infinity Blade, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, Dead Space, Shadow Guardian
Dual-Stick Shooter - Age of Zombies, Minigore, Solomon's Keep, Solomon's Boneyard
Action/Arcade - Jet Ball, Super Mega Worm, Zombie Highway, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Plunderland
Adventure - Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Broken Sword: Director's Cut, Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror Remastered, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Sam & Max Episode 1, Scarlett and the Spark of Life, Back to the Future Ep 1 HD, Back to the Future Ep 2 HD
Platformer - League of Evil, Mirror's Edge, Kami Retro, Pix'n Love Rush, Soosiz, Fastar!, Frogatto, Rolando, Rolando 2, Creepy Caverns, :Shift:, Robot Wants Kitty, Perfect Cell, Beyond Ynth, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Hoggy, Edge
Endless Runner - Hook Champ, Super QuickHook, Hook Worlds, Monster Dash, Solipskier, Robot Unicorn Attack, Inspector Gadget's MAD Dash, Run Like Hell! Deluxe
Tower Defense - Plants vs. Zombies, Holy Moly Dragons, Defender Chronicles, iBomber Defense, The Creeps!, Geodefense, Geodefense Swarm, Epic War TD, Sentinel Mars Defense, Sentinel Earth Defense, Sentinel Homeworld, Guns'n'Glory, TowerMadness
RPG - Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Zenonia 3, Battleheart, Dungeon Hunter I & II, Across Age, Chaos Rings, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy, Secret of Mana (yes, that Secret of Mana :D), 100 Rogues
Puzzle - Azkend, Sparkle, Bejeweled 2, Dungeon Raid, Drop7, Puzzle Agent, Trainyard, Puzzle Quest 2, Crosslogic, bitFLIP, Love Battle Princess, Heroes of Kalevala, Antrim Escape 1/2
Card/Dice - Sword & Poker 1 & 2, World Series of Poker Hold'em Legend
Sim - Game Dev Story, Hot Springs Story, Sims: Ambitions
Strategy - Civilization Revolution, Trenches, Crystal War, Legendary Wars
Sports - NBA Jam, Backbreaker Football, Backbreaker 2, Flick Kick Field Goal
Fighting - Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters-i002
Racing - Asphalt 6, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed: Shift, Real Racing 2, Reckless Racing, Disc Drivin', Jet Car Stunts, Death Rally, Tires of Fury
Time Management - My Kingdom for the Princess 1 & 2, Hotel Mogul, Airport Mania, Roads of Rome HD
Board Games -Small World, Carcassonne, Catan, Words With Friends, Reiner Knizia's Samurai, Neuroshima Hex
Trivia - MovieCat, You Don't Know Jack
Hidden Object - Little Things, Pictureka
Non-Game Essentials -
Appshopper, Atomic Web Browser, Stanza, CloudReaders, Flipbook, TuneIn Radio Pro, Dropbox, Air Video+, Evernote, Video Stream, mBox Mail, Genius Scan, Urban Spoon, Documents To Go Premium

Last edited by a moderator:
Another TD game, Castle Attack, has dropped to FREE for the first time.
"Eastern Han Dynasty,social unrest,peasant uprisings continue to emerge.Cao Cao,Liu Bei,Sun Quan three through a series of battles,the strength gradually increased and finally became the Three Kingdoms in China.
This game is very interesting which includes almost all the famous battles, military commanders will be appeared on stage.You can play a role as Zhuge Liang in Shu, through the arrangement of the soldiers and use the skills of some of the mysterious. Players will have more fun in the game!"

Hey guys, I just reset my Ipod so I could delete like 20+GB of crap apps thanx to this thread, lol. Anyways its been like on that apple logo and reset to the same screen like 3 times every 30 min...is this thing laggy or something wrong? Maybe its taking alot since I had alot of GBs? Getting slight worried.

Trying to do this so I can update IOS and JB device.

In case Hanging with Friends hasn't satisfied your online, multiplayer word game needs, you can now get Jangle for FREE as one of the new FAAD games.
"In Jangle, you frantically build the longest word you can in a short time limit. Be quick! Each letter scores points with some being worth more than others. Use the bonus spaces to double and triple your letter points. The final round has a full word you can decipher or build the largest word you can and hope your opponent doesn't guess the entire word."

Shoot the Block is the latest OpenFeint FGOTD.
"It is a challenging game that shoot all the classical puzzle blocks off the stage with realistic physic. There are 3 different kind of balls, tennis, football and basketball. Use them to complete with 45 levels."

The puzzler King of Frogs is being presented by Great App a Day as their featured freebie.
"Help the King of Frogs find his way home in this fresh new puzzle. Using fun and simple game rules similar to checkers, you'll have lots of fun solving frog-hopping puzzles level after level.
Maneuver the King and his loyal frogs on the lilypad play field by hopping them over each other in the right sequences. By finding the correct combinations and order, you’ll be able to guide the King of Frogs to the final goal of each level.
120 levels to discover for and many levels packs to purchase to prolong the fun. All levels are solvable! ...If you are smart enough to find your way back to the throne.
Simple enough for non-gamers to pickup and play, yet challenging enough to keep experienced puzzle lovers coming back for more!"

[quote name='MSI Magus']Hey crunchewy you heard anything about any new board games coming out anytime soon?[/QUOTE]

Well, Puerto Rico was supposed to be coming out soon, but I'm now completely on board with RollingSkull about the dev making this game (same as Medici, Ra and Tikal) - they are *terrible*. Medici was decent. Ra was a bit wonky and then they added utterly broken online which they've been unable to fix. Instead of fixing the online in that game, they brought out Tikal which is easily their worst implementation yet - just terrible design - and the onilne is only barely more working then the onilne in Ra. And now they are going to bring out another game instead of fixing and improving all their past games? No, I'm not going to support that. Plus Puerto Rico is probably going to be even worse from a design standpoint then Tikal - the more complex the games get, the more of a disaster their implementation is. The game is being reviewed by ravensburger and I'm wondering if they sent it back to be redone completely. One can hope. Preferably by a different company!

And speaking of Tikal, it just dropped to $2.99, but honestly, I can't recommend it. It is getting good reviews on iTunes, but they are undeserved. The game is poorly design and frequently irritating. For example I really hate how they implemented double tap to zoom in/out, but then rotating a piece is done by tapping. Well the idiots didn't think to not zoom in/out when you tap quickly on a piece to rotate it! So you end up zooming in, out, in, out. Which means you have to tap slowly to rotate, which is completely unnatural for me. I want to rotate the damned thing fast! That's only one example of the bad design in this game. And the online is pretty much broken too.

A bit off topic but I figured someone in here would know. My kid broke the end of a headphone plug off in her ipod. I can't get it out. Is that a repair they could make in the Apple store?

[quote name='RCS0926']It looks like Tetris is on sale this week for $0.99.[/QUOTE]

Am I wrong for thinking this is an amazing deal?

Anything wrong with this version of Tetris? And does it have competitive multiplayer?

[quote name='imacgod']Am I wrong for thinking this is an amazing deal?

Anything wrong with this version of Tetris? And does it have competitive multiplayer?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about amazing, but anytime you can get a game for 66% off, that's a good deal.

[quote name='imacgod']Anything wrong with this version of Tetris?[/QUOTE]
It's purely touch controlled. The iPad version includes an optional d-pad which makes a huge difference when the drop speed increases.

[quote name='darknight88']Hey guys, I just reset my Ipod so I could delete like 20+GB of crap apps thanx to this thread, lol. Anyways its been like on that apple logo and reset to the same screen like 3 times every 30 min...is this thing laggy or something wrong? Maybe its taking alot since I had alot of GBs? Getting slight worried.

Trying to do this so I can update IOS and JB device.[/QUOTE]

Put it in DFU mode and restore. Google can tell you how.

Any differences between 1000 Heroz vs. 1000 Heroz HD, other than the graphics?
How does the "regular" version look when 2X magnified on the iPad?

[q]How does the "regular" version look when 2X magnified on the iPad?[/q]

JB+retinapad. Google it. Best $3 I've spent on an app; all my old retina games can now wait for serious sales before I drop $5-10 on the "HD" versions.

[quote name='Smef']That's a repair you could make with a toothpick and a TINY amount of superglue (and steady hands).[/QUOTE]

I would probably mess that up they can unscrew the case at the apple stores right?

[quote name='gundamxzero']Put it in DFU mode and restore. Google can tell you how.[/QUOTE]

Update:

Wow I did a full Ipod reset and guess what? I read that wipes like everything including IOS or something like that. So um why would Apple do that? So I read on youtube you got to do a restore with PC(I did).

Now Im gonna just update FW to 4.3.3 and hopefully JB. Sucks got to update iTunes too.

PS: I left my ipod on the apple logo screen thinking it would be done by morning(deleting apps and basic reset) and woke up with the same screen. WTF. Glad this crap is done.

[quote name='walletandgromice'][q]How does the "regular" version look when 2X magnified on the iPad?[/q]

JB+retinapad. Google it. Best $3 I've spent on an app; all my old retina games can now wait for serious sales before I drop $5-10 on the "HD" versions.[/QUOTE]

i want retinapad so bad. it's really stupid that the ipad doesn't do it by default.

These apps are running at 960x640 on the iphone 4 and 480x360 on the ipad. :roll:

It's taking a while for an ipad 2 jailbreak, much longer than usual.

[quote name='darknight88']Update:

Wow I did a full Ipod reset and guess what? I read that wipes like everything including IOS or something like that. So um why would Apple do that? So I read on youtube you got to do a restore with PC(I did).

Now Im gonna just update FW to 4.3.3 and hopefully JB. Sucks got to update iTunes too.

PS: I left my ipod on the apple logo screen thinking it would be done by morning(deleting apps and basic reset) and woke up with the same screen. WTF. Glad this crap is done.[/QUOTE]

Shouldnt be an issue if you backup/sync fairly often :)

Picked up Dungeon Raid for $.99, thanks. Still playing PQ2 from the $3.99 sale the other day (addicted).

My 1000 Heroz id is Cantisama, you guys at the top are crazy good.

[quote name='mang9432']i want retinapad so bad. it's really stupid that the ipad doesn't do it by default.[/QUOTE]
It's not stupidity, it's greed. Retina iPhone apps on iPad would discourage iPad sales because:
1) The user may buy the iPhone rather than iPad version of apps. iPad versions are usually multiple times more expensive then their iPhone counterparts.
2) Reduce double-dip sales. For example, you already have the $.99 iPhone version of Angry Birds, it looks good enough on iPad that you don't also purchase the $4.99 iPad version.

Apple is in no hurry to reduce the value or number of app sales since they get 30%.

....and I cant update to iOS 4.3.3 after a reset to 4.1 (unjailbroken too). wOW Im hating all this nonsens already. Get the error 3194 which apparently you get when trying to DOWNGRADE. *facepalm*

Edit: gundamxzero: yea I do backup. Thats not the issue. The issue it deletes the operating system or some of the files. Thats why it hangs at the apple Logo indefinitely unless you use your PC to restore it. Thats not what I wanted. I just wanted all apps and settings cleared not part of the OS.

Edit: ok I just updated. Took me a while. Thank you for above n below advice! Sorry to have derail thread!

[quote name='darknight88']....and I cant update to iOS 4.3.3 after a reset to 4.1 (unjailbroken too). wOW Im hating all this nonsens already. Get the error 3194 which apparently you get when trying to DOWNGRADE. *facepalm*

Edit: gundamxzero: yea I do backup. Thats not the issue. The issue it deletes the operating system or some of the files. Thats why it hangs at the apple Logo indefinitely unless you use your PC to restore it. Thats not what I wanted. I just wanted all apps and settings cleared not part of the OS.[/QUOTE]
You try this?:
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error3194

Error 3194: Resolve error 3194 by updating to the latest version of iTunes. "This device is not eligible for the requested build" in the updater logs confirms this is the root of the issue. For more Error 3194 steps see: This device is not eligible for the requested build above.

Lets keep it on track here folks, a couple good freebies today, didn't see these mentioned previously

Zombie Shock

"ZombieShock is an action-adventure game set in New York City in turmoil.
A wide variety of zombie characters, numerous weapons, and the endless
zombie-chases invite you to the world of great suspense." Pretty passable game, fun time waster. Not really sure how to classify this game, but its worth checking out for free.

Stardunk Gold

"Massively Multiplayer Online Basketball with Gamecenter"
Arcade hoop shooting, with a pretty clever online element. This seems to go free very frequently, but absolutely worth having. No retina display support, but still enjoyable.

*Just bought carcassonne, so any one who wants to get down on a game should add me, my ID is in my sig. Is there a CAG gamecenter ID database or something?*
I'd like to weigh in on parachute ninja as well, the game is really enjoyable, and absolutely worth paying for. Any one interested should give it a look. As for tetris, I don't think its really worth even .99 cents. The controls are terrible on ipod/iphone, and when you get to the harder levels, they really hinder the experience.

There is a broken record in here. iPad apps generally have controls and layouts designed for a larger screen. You can scale up an iPhone app, but it's a blown up iPhone app, whether done the normal way or with retinapad. Sometimes that works ok, oftentimes not so much. It will look better with retinapad, but it won't play better k take advantage of the larger screen. In addition to all that, the iPad and iPhone have different aspect ratios. Retina pad won't fill the screen. What you want are apps that are actually optimized for the tablet.

The HD version of 1000 Heroz has a different button layout and other screen size optimizations for the larger screen. Having the apps separate is a way for them to price the platforms differently. Apple pushes for Universal apps, but many devs are making them separate so they can have different prices. That is up to the devs, not Apple. The HD version of 1000 Heroz is worth the extra buck IMHO.

Speaking of iPad games, I decided to bite on Burn the Rope HD at $1.99. So far I like it, but the music is horrendous and the "Oh yeah!"'s aren't a lot better. At least you can turn the music off. Game itself is fun. No, it is not like Cut the Rope, which is good because I didn't care for CtR.

Unleash your inner Robert Johnson with the FREE Blues Guitar Lessons app.
"This easy to use music application will let you learn to play the Blues guitar even if you have never even touched the instrument before.
You can do it! After viewing these simple easy to understand lessons you will be play the world famous 12 bar blues & much more..."

Mooniz
is the new main FAAD game.
"Save the world from adorable moon monsters by tapping groups of same colored Mooniz to make them explode in a spectacular display of dazzling colors.
To help you in your quest to repel these mysterious invaders there are killer power-ups available including point multipliers, first aid kits, nukes, and more!"

Par Out Golf
is the current OpenFeint FGOTD.
"Ready for an exciting new golfing experience? Something uniquely challenging, family-friendly and refreshingly uncomplicated? Then hit the links with Par Out Golf, “the greatest golf you'll ever play… with your fingertip!' "

Card Shark Pro is the Great App a Day freebie right now.
"If you like card games, you’ll love Card Shark. Combining risk, challenge and strategy, you decide how to leverage your points to get to the top of the leaderboard. Repeat the first round over and over to accumulate points to leverage in the bonus round, but risk losing it all before getting points on the board. In the bonus round, you have the opportunity to gamble points to carry over to the next level. The more you risk, the greater the reward…..or loss!!"

[quote name='crunchewy']There is a broken record in here. iPad apps generally have controls and layouts designed for a larger screen. You can scale up an iPhone app, but it's a blown up iPhone app, whether done the normal way or with retinapad. Sometimes that works ok, oftentimes not so much. It will look better with retinapad, but it won't play better k take advantage of the larger screen. In addition to all that, the iPad and iPhone have different aspect ratios. Retina pad won't fill the screen. What you want are apps that are actually optimized for the tablet.

The HD version of 1000 Heroz has a different button layout and other screen size optimizations for the larger screen. Having the apps separate is a way for them to price the platforms differently. Apple pushes for Universal apps, but many devs are making them separate so they can have different prices. That is up to the devs, not Apple. The HD version of 1000 Heroz is worth the extra buck IMHO.[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree, it would just be nice to have the option. For example, tiny wings runs so much better on my ipad 2 then on my 3gs, in fact, it's near unplayable with the constant stuttering on the 3gs, but it looks pretty crappy blown up on the ipad. sorry to go off topic, i know this is a deal thread and not a discussion thread. /rant

I just experienced the iCloud auto app installs. I didn't realize that was already in there! I downloaded Par Out Golf! on my computer and then noticed it was automatically installing on my iPhone! I didn't have to go to the App Store app and manually install it from the history. I presume it's on my iPad now too, but haven't checked. Nifty! Well, nifty, unless the game is massive, then having it autodownload to multiple devices at once might not be so cool. Hmm. Anyway, the game looks like it has good reviews. I'll try it a bit later. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Airport Mania 2: Wild Trips $.99
http://appshopper.com/games/airport-mania-2-wild-trips

I really got addicted to the first one so this is an instant purchase.

Not a game but it is game related.
Bungie Mobile FREE

http://appshopper.com/games/bungie-mobile
"From the creators of the award-winning Halo games and Bungie.net, Bungie Mobile lets you check out your Halo: Reach Challenge and Commendation progress, link up with the Bungie.net news feed, and get access to our online swag bag (Love, Bungie!). Whether you’re on the go or on the can, Bungie Mobile will help keep you connected."

Elevator Zombies is the new main FAAD game.
"One day during the zombie apocalypse, Teddy's girlfriend and famous TVTV reporter Lily was broadcasting live from the field.
Then all of the sudden, and without any warning, she disappeared from camera.
Though not the bravest of fellows, Teddy knew something had to be done.
On his journey, he would take elevators, ride escalators, cap zombies and more...
Whatever it took to save Lily, and find a cure for the zombie infection!"

Dune Rider is another current FAAD offering.
"Tear around the desert in your nitro fueled Dune Rider. For a limited time, we're giving you 5,000 free coins when you download.
Jump off sand dunes, ramps, cliffs or whatever you can find and pull mid air stunts. Perform spectacular tricks, earn cash, unlock better cars and discover new worlds for the ultimate ride."

Battle for Cydonia
is the latest OpenFeint FGOTD.
"2360: Battle for Cydonia is Brisk Mobile's latest action adventure game! 21 Levels of pulse-pounding, finger shaking action await you in this sci-fi thriller. Set in the future, on the planet Mars, warring factions battle for the right to colonize the red planet. You find yourself thrown into the center of turmoil piloting an advanced weapon, the Datalus-5, for the resistance. Will it be enough? Can you turn the tide of battle in time?
Innovative touch responses put you in control. Draw a path and watch your weapon of war obey your commands. Firing on multiple enemies? No problem. With multi-touch capabilities tap on multiple foes to redirect your fire. You can even drag your finger across the screen to lay down a sheet of covering fire!
Crisp visual effects from lasers, missiles and other weapons combine with clear sound effects and a roaring sound track to make Battle for Cydonia an instant hit. Whether you’re new to gaming or a seasoned vet – Cydonia will challenge and impress you."

Death Roller has dropped to FREE for a limited time.
"Driving death bulldozers, the zombie army is trying to make a siege. Our poor girl has nothing to do but run through those bulldozers for life. Calmness is the most important thing to stay alive, when you have to judge the patterns of the moving bulldozers and choose a way out. Meanwhile, it is also important to collect hamburgers to resume HP in this drawn-out battle."

Amerzone: The Explorer's Legacy – Part 1 is one of the new FAAD titles.
"Before dying, the explorer Emile Valembois tells of his most extraordinary expedition ever: his search for the mysterious "white bird". He entrusts you, a young journalist - the playing character, with the mission to return to the Amerzone to return an egg stolen 50 years ago. You, naively, accept.
Legend has it that the mysterious white birds spend their whole lives in flight, from birth to death, without ever landing. To ensure the survival of the species you have to work your way through an adventure combining, politics, ecology and action. You have to follow where the action goes, from Brittany to an isolated tropical forest, full of mosquitoes, guerillas and white birds."

Emross War is the new OpenFeint FGOTD.
"Emross War is a free massively-multiplayer strategy game (mmo). It takes only 3 minutes to learn, and is extremely fun!
The story happens in Emross, the land of Myth and Legend, which has been under wars among Human, Elf, and Orc since very ancient time. Now with the invasion of Chaos Army, the situations are becoming even more complex...
You will start as a young Lord inheriting a small castle from your family. As you gradually develop and march your way to victory, you will have chance to meet and recruit many different legend heroes, and be able to summon the most powerful guardian creature of your own race!
And you are NOT fighting alone. You and friends can build a very powerful alliance; make it a dominant presence in Emross; and finally defeat the Chaos and restore order to the land!"

Guardian Rock
is the new game offered by Free App Calendar.
"You are the Guardian Rock. After millenia of slumber you rise to defend the glorious temple from intruding archaeologists. Use brute force or take use of ancient devices spread across the temple to achieve your goals and solve all 48 puzzles!"

Bit Pilot got an update to 2.0 bringing new modes, more awesome chiptunes music and it's now universal!!! I loved this game and played it obsessively. Definitely going to check out the update and I recommend the game for sure:

http://appshopper.com/games/bit-pilot

Appshopper isn't showing the update yet, but it's there if you go to iTunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back