iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Now with Wiki Editable Goodness!!

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions.

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

148 Apps
App Shopper iOS / App Shopper Mac
Free App Alert
Touch Arcade
Free App A Day

App & Game Review Sites

IGN Wireless
MacLife iPad
MacLife iPod/iPhone
Slide to Play
Touch Arcade
Touch Gen
TUAW Games

Free App offers from Developers
• Get a free copy of the Number Fill app for iOS by sending an email to [email protected] with subject "iOSApp:" (while supplies last).

YouTube Video Reviews

iPad Game Reviews
iPhone\iPod Touch Game Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center Exchange Thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

ITUNES GIFT CARD SALES
Gamestop: 6/8 to 6/14, $25 iTunes gift card for $20

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.

2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.

3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.

4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.

5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.

6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.

7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.

8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.

10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

11. Universal Apps have a small plus sign in the upper left corner next to their price. They can be played natively on both the iPad and iPod/iPhone. iPhone games that are not universal can still be played on the iPad with a lower resolution. Non universal iPad games cannot be played on the iPhone.

Recommended Games by Genre
Feel free to add games, genres or move titles as needed. This list is to give CAGs a chance to catch up on missed high-quality games and to get new users started on "can't miss" titles to download for their new idevice. Underlined titles are universal (ipad and iphone/ipod touch). Italic are iPad only.

Casual - Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope. World of Goo, Osmos, Bird Strike - GOLD EDITION, Parachute Ninja, Pilot Winds, Depict, Flight Control, Time Geeks: Find All!, Bird Zapper!, Tapper World Tour, Amazing Breaker
Shooter - Tilt to Live, Galaxy on Fire 2, Espgaluda II, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust, Radiant, Warblade, MetalStorm: Online, Minotron 2112
F/TPS/Action - Shadowgun, N.O.V.A., N.O.V.A. 2, Infinity Blade, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, Dead Space, Shadow Guardian
Dual-Stick Shooter - Age of Zombies, Minigore, Solomon's Keep, Solomon's Boneyard
Action/Arcade - Jet Ball, Super Mega Worm, Zombie Highway, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Plunderland
Adventure - Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Broken Sword: Director's Cut, Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror Remastered, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Sam & Max Episode 1, Scarlett and the Spark of Life, Back to the Future Ep 1 HD, Back to the Future Ep 2 HD
Platformer - League of Evil, Mirror's Edge, Kami Retro, Pix'n Love Rush, Soosiz, Fastar!, Frogatto, Rolando, Rolando 2, Creepy Caverns, :Shift:, Robot Wants Kitty, Perfect Cell, Beyond Ynth, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Hoggy, Edge
Endless Runner - Hook Champ, Super QuickHook, Hook Worlds, Monster Dash, Solipskier, Robot Unicorn Attack, Inspector Gadget's MAD Dash, Run Like Hell! Deluxe
Tower Defense - Plants vs. Zombies, Holy Moly Dragons, Defender Chronicles, iBomber Defense, The Creeps!, Geodefense, Geodefense Swarm, Epic War TD, Sentinel Mars Defense, Sentinel Earth Defense, Sentinel Homeworld, Guns'n'Glory, TowerMadness
RPG - Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Zenonia 3, Battleheart, Dungeon Hunter I & II, Across Age, Chaos Rings, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy, Secret of Mana (yes, that Secret of Mana :D), 100 Rogues
Puzzle - Azkend, Sparkle, Bejeweled 2, Dungeon Raid, Drop7, Puzzle Agent, Trainyard, Puzzle Quest 2, Crosslogic, bitFLIP, Love Battle Princess, Heroes of Kalevala, Antrim Escape 1/2
Card/Dice - Sword & Poker 1 & 2, World Series of Poker Hold'em Legend
Sim - Game Dev Story, Hot Springs Story, Sims: Ambitions
Strategy - Civilization Revolution, Trenches, Crystal War, Legendary Wars
Sports - NBA Jam, Backbreaker Football, Backbreaker 2, Flick Kick Field Goal
Fighting - Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters-i002
Racing - Asphalt 6, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed: Shift, Real Racing 2, Reckless Racing, Disc Drivin', Jet Car Stunts, Death Rally, Tires of Fury
Time Management - My Kingdom for the Princess 1 & 2, Hotel Mogul, Airport Mania, Roads of Rome HD
Board Games -Small World, Carcassonne, Catan, Words With Friends, Reiner Knizia's Samurai, Neuroshima Hex
Trivia - MovieCat, You Don't Know Jack
Hidden Object - Little Things, Pictureka
Non-Game Essentials -
Appshopper, Atomic Web Browser, Stanza, CloudReaders, Flipbook, TuneIn Radio Pro, Dropbox, Air Video+, Evernote, Video Stream, mBox Mail, Genius Scan, Urban Spoon, Documents To Go Premium

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='keithp']They're perfect for before bedtime. As you found out I guess.[/QUOTE]

...only if you like dropping your phone on your face...

[quote name='DtotheP']...only if you like dropping your phone on your face...[/QUOTE]

Or your iPad. ;) Actually, I've been enjoying the games I picked up from Big Fish. I guess I like sleepy time games too. :)

[quote name='Decker']What's up with Splashtop Remote Desktop for iPad? It seems to be 99 cents (TOTAL bargain), but I can't buy it -- I get a message that it's being modified and to try later.[/QUOTE]

just be aware you have to load the Splashtop app on your PC as well. i got burned by their last sale - i thought it would connect to regular Windows Remote Desktop, but it doesn't.

American McGee Presents Akaneiro: A Red Riding Hood Tale (for iPad only) is currently available for FREE.
"Akaneiro is an interactive dark fairy tale set in the dreamlike world of Little Red Riding Hood in feudal Japan. When Red, called Akaneiro, discovers a magic scroll she is pulled into the story of the Big Bad Wolf trying to trap her once again. Akaneiro provides a stylized continuation of the classic fairy tale in the form of an interactive multi-threaded story that offers mini-games, physics driven animation, and a stylized narrative. The tale is divided into 4 Chapters with each offering hidden interactions to drive the story and provide fun challenges."

[quote name='murph17']just be aware you have to load the Splashtop app on your PC as well. i got burned by their last sale - i thought it would connect to regular Windows Remote Desktop, but it doesn't.[/QUOTE]

I bought and tried this app i'm 1000% sure this app is total shit. Their support forums are full of people saying it doesn't see their devices or broadcast properly. Thei reviews look shady too, I'd avoid.

[quote name='mgford11']I bought and tried this app i'm 1000% sure this app is total shit. Their support forums are full of people saying it doesn't see their devices or broadcast properly. Thei reviews look shady too, I'd avoid.[/QUOTE]

I've been using splashtop for a while now and never had a problem with it. Personally I think it does what it says it does. I can remotely access my PC anywhere from my iPad or iPhone. It's great.

[quote name='mgford11']I bought and tried this app i'm 1000% sure this app is total shit. Their support forums are full of people saying it doesn't see their devices or broadcast properly. Thei reviews look shady too, I'd avoid.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: nevermind, failure on my part

[quote name='Dimsdale']American McGee Presents Akaneiro: A Red Riding Hood Tale (for iPad only) is currently available for FREE.
"Akaneiro is an interactive dark fairy tale set in the dreamlike world of Little Red Riding Hood in feudal Japan. When Red, called Akaneiro, discovers a magic scroll she is pulled into the story of the Big Bad Wolf trying to trap her once again. Akaneiro provides a stylized continuation of the classic fairy tale in the form of an interactive multi-threaded story that offers mini-games, physics driven animation, and a stylized narrative. The tale is divided into 4 Chapters with each offering hidden interactions to drive the story and provide fun challenges."[/QUOTE]

Not really a game, but more like an interactive storybook, but very well done, one of the best interactive storybooks I have come across on the ipad. Its pretty dark for little kids (say 5 and under).

[quote name='miqspot']I've been using splashtop for a while not and never had a problem with it. Personally I think it does what it says it does. I can remotely access my PC anywhere from my iPad or iPhone. It's great.[/QUOTE]

+1 for Splashtop. I really like it, and for $1 it's worth trying out to see if it will work with your system. I tried DisplayLink, but that didn't work with my setup and was a pain to uninstall from my pc. I'm sure people had the same problems with splashtop and negatively reviewed it. If it works for you, it's brilliant though.

[quote name='jacknicklson']All of these types of apps require a client install on your computer, I have never seen one integrate with remote desktop[/QUOTE]

Mac OS X has VNC built-in, so there's lots of options for such apps for controlling Macs that don't require installing anything. I've been using Remoter VNC and am pretty happy with it. Works great with built-in VNC. On Windows there are RDP supporting apps. Having said that, apps which use some client on the computer side can (though don't necessarily) have other features. I use to use RemoteTap and it had great features such as the ability to bring up a menu of the currently running apps on the Mac and switch to one via a menu, and a lot more. However it was never updated for the iPad, which made me sad.

[quote name='jacknicklson']All of these types of apps require a client install on your computer, I have never seen one integrate with remote desktop[/QUOTE]

Many of them require client installs but many more work with RDP Protocol. I use one called 2X which is free and works great http://appshopper.com/business/2x-client .

Thing you have to remember about the apps that use RDP is that RDP is not made for anything fast moving, videos, games, even PDFs, etc. I use mine when I need to get to something that I can only do from a desktop, etc. Apps like Splashtop use their own client which are better at streaming video and games etc.

[quote name='Dimsdale']American McGee Presents Akaneiro: A Red Riding Hood Tale (for iPad only) is currently available for FREE.
"Akaneiro is an interactive dark fairy tale set in the dreamlike world of Little Red Riding Hood in feudal Japan. When Red, called Akaneiro, discovers a magic scroll she is pulled into the story of the Big Bad Wolf trying to trap her once again. Akaneiro provides a stylized continuation of the classic fairy tale in the form of an interactive multi-threaded story that offers mini-games, physics driven animation, and a stylized narrative. The tale is divided into 4 Chapters with each offering hidden interactions to drive the story and provide fun challenges."[/QUOTE]

I see three separate apps available in the store, each with a different publish date, but all three are the exact same thing. The first one from 11/4/2010 is free, the second from 11/24/2010 is $1.99, and the third from 12/23/2010 is also free. I grabbed the more recent one, but WTF?

if you are trying to play full fledged games, then yes, you are going to need something better than RDP for remote access.

i just RDP for basic access to my desktop from the living room. it's also possible to play a few Facebook Flash games (Madden, FIFA, MLB). i'm using Pocket Cloud for that.

Sign up for the iSplash newsletter and unlock the full version of Everest: Hidden Expedition from within the download.
"Hidden Expedition: Everest is the smash-hit hidden object casual game from Big Fish Games. Optimized for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, this seek and find game is unlike any puzzle game (or action, platformer, side-scrolling game for that matter!) you’ve seen on a touch screen.
Join the Hidden Expedition team in an object-finding race up the highest mountain in the world: Mount Everest! You’ll search for objects hidden in breath-taking scenes. The adventure begins at Base Camp, but who knows where the race will lead? Find all the objects faster than the other teams to win the race. Dozens of locations to search and game play that’s perfect for the iPhone/iPod Touch’s touch screen, this is the one race you’ve been waiting for!"

[quote name='LuisRM']+1 for Splashtop. I really like it, and for $1 it's worth trying out to see if it will work with your system. I tried DisplayLink, but that didn't work with my setup and was a pain to uninstall from my pc. I'm sure people had the same problems with splashtop and negatively reviewed it. If it works for you, it's brilliant though.[/QUOTE]

I have Remoter, Splashtop, and iSSH. My preference is Splashtop over either of the other two for VNC (over SSH). Remoter works better for VNC than iSSH. iSSH is better for SSH terminal connections and can run X apps, which is nice. If I could only have one, it would probably be Remoter because it does everything except X. But, like I said, the one I use the most is probably Splashtop.

Red Storm is one of the new FAAD games.
"The Soviets have returned! It's the year 2189 and a special mech assault unit has been sent to the planet Mars to deal with the looming threat from the Soviet base! Guide your mech fighters through a series of dangerous missions and eradicate the enemy from the planet!
Shoot and destroy your enemy in this futuristic top-down shooter."

High Noon is the current OpenFeint FGOTD.
"Do you have what it takes to become the most wanted outlaw on the planet?
WARNING! Intense heart-throbbing real-time PvP dueling action! :)
FREE GAME - 4 million online players - Join the community!
Your phone is your weapon as you duel with people online around the world to become the most wanted outlaw on the planet! Win duels and collect reward money to customize your character. As you build your reputation, the bounty on your head will attract competition from around the globe!"

Transbomber
is the featured title on Great App a Day.
"Drop bombs and eliminate enemies!! Highly addictive pick up and play game!
Ultimate Bombing with skills and strategy! Guarantee hours of fun and challenges!!!"

Tatomic is the freebie from Free App Calendar.
"Play through all 3 modes as you connect falling atoms into chains.
Features:
- 3 different game modes: Critical Mass, Radioactive Survival and Puzzle Mode.
- 30 different levels and 20 puzzles for hours of game-play.
- Easy pick-up and play touch controls.
- Original music and sound effects.
- State of the art graphics.
- 60fps!"

[quote name='Dimsdale']Red Storm is one of the new FAAD games.
"The Soviets have returned! It's the year 2189 and a special mech assault unit has been sent to the planet Mars to deal with the looming threat from the Soviet base! Guide your mech fighters through a series of dangerous missions and eradicate the enemy from the planet!

High Noon is the current OpenFeint FGOTD.
"Do you have what it takes to become the most wanted outlaw on the planet?
WARNING! Intense heart-throbbing real-time PvP dueling action! :)
FREE GAME - 4 million online players - Join the community!
Your phone is your weapon as you duel with people online around the world to become the most wanted outlaw on the planet! Win duels and collect reward money to customize your character. As you build your reputation, the bounty on your head will attract competition from around the globe!"

Transbomber
is the featured title on Great App a Day.
"Drop bombs and eliminate enemies!! Highly addictive pick up and play game!
Ultimate Bombing with skills and strategy! Guarantee hours of fun and challenges!!!"

Tatomic is the freebie from Free App Calendar.
"Play through all 3 modes as you connect falling atoms into chains.
Features:
- 3 different game modes: Critical Mass, Radioactive Survival and Puzzle Mode.
- 30 different levels and 20 puzzles for hours of game-play.
- Easy pick-up and play touch controls.
- Original music and sound effects.
- State of the art graphics.
- 60fps!"[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all this info. Boy, with all these free game-a-day sites, you could literally never have to pay for a game again and get some real quality stuff.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Red Storm is one of the new FAAD games.
[/QUOTE]

iPad version also free

Red Storm HD

[quote name='etcrane']Interesting ... just noticed Pages and Keynote became Universal Apps and it looks like they added remote functionality for the ipad version of Keynote.

Evidently Keynote remote didn't work with the iPad initially but now it does ... http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/keynote-remote/id300719251?mt=8 ... it's .99[/QUOTE]

Dude! Thanks for pointing this out, I likely would've missed this until who knows when! I have my iPad jailbroken and I added the display out hack so I've been using my iPad for presentations at work, now I won't have to sit in one place while I present :)

[quote name='LuisRM']Thanks for all this info. Boy, with all these free game-a-day sites, you could literally never have to pay for a game again and get some real quality stuff.[/QUOTE]

I got my Ipad around the time that the Ipad 2 came out(slightly after the announcement, a little before release)and while I have probably spent about $50-$100 on ipad games that were on sale iv not bought a single console/steam game since. I was already someone that waited for games to drop to under $20 to pick them up but now between the Ipad, Steam sales and being a PS+ members I think I will buy games, but almost never a game thats not on 50% off or better sale or is a full release(like Uncharted, Batman etc etc)and even then they better be under $20. I am loving this!

[quote name='crunchewy']Thanks for the heads up on WhatsApp. Not sure why I need it, but I downloaded it while free. :)[/QUOTE]

Texting people in other countries for free, or people addicted to BBM. :)

[quote name='jacknicklson']Monster Hunter is out - $5

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monster-hunter-dynamic-hunting/id428887661?mt=8

Will wait for a sale, but gamecenter and the small file size(75mb) are very appealing[/QUOTE]

Ha, wow, so it is ... I was expecting some crummy game and a subsequent lawsuit.

With that said, I don't think Capcom understands that the iOS can handle full-on games and not watered down versions of their popular franchises. I wish they would release versions of DMC or Monster Hunter that felt more like the original games rather than coming across as a dumbed down homage. Sure the controls would need tweaking, but it would beat Infinity Blade - monster hunter edition IMO

EGM has an iPad app! EGM Digital to be exact

Download is free and so far dl'd the first two issues for free. Sorry for short post as doing it from my iPad

Rhythm Spirit is the new OpenFeint FGOTD.
"RHYTHM SPIRIT - the world’s first rhythm-fighting game!
Join Toshi, a wandering swordsman who unwittingly receives a strange, fearsome power from a mysterious fox spirit. He soon finds himself embroiled in a bizarre and bitter conflict between the demons and deities of an ancient land.
Steeped in Eastern folklore, Rhythm Spirit is a story-based, action-oriented rhythm game in which you battle opponents using musical cues. Unlike most rhythm games, which tend to focus on dancing or instruments, Rhythm Spirit incorporates real-time action and fighting mechanics to create a new type of game experience.
Jump, duck, slash and block, as you and your opponent battle it out to a completely original, “zen remix” soundtrack. Ten exquisite tracks feature a unique fusion of electronic dance music and traditional Japanese instruments.
Rhythm Spirit is a genre-bending experience that can’t be missed!"

Ace Fighter
is the latest offering on Great App a Day.
"Ace Fighter is a fun vertical shooting game, you need kill all enemy and kill big level bosses.
Game feature:
- spectacular end-of-level bosses;
- 2 different mission scene;
- easy tap & tilt control"

mecapix released today for iphone at an intro price of .99. Right now its not universal, but developer says it will be. The game is really good, its described as space invaders meets tetris. It's one of the more unique games I've played in a while. You draw tetris shapes on the bottom of the screen to shoot the falling blocks that move around. There are also a variety of power ups. Highly recommend.

http://toucharcade.com/2011/06/01/mecapix-review/

Also, Mini meteors for ipad is on sale for .99 from 2.99, its a meteos inspired game.

http://toucharcade.com/2011/05/30/mini-meteors-for-ipad-review-3/

Nice, X-men should be sweet on iPad ...

Really curious about the multiplayer aspect, also wonder if we'll ever see the 6 player version or just the 4 player version.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That American McGee Red Riding Hood book flickers like crazy on my iPad, is this happening to you guys too?[/QUOTE]

Me and my wife went through it last night without a single problem on our Ipad.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Rhythm Spirit is the new OpenFeint FGOTD.
"RHYTHM SPIRIT - the world’s first rhythm-fighting game!
Join Toshi, a wandering swordsman who unwittingly receives a strange, fearsome power from a mysterious fox spirit. He soon finds himself embroiled in a bizarre and bitter conflict between the demons and deities of an ancient land.
Steeped in Eastern folklore, Rhythm Spirit is a story-based, action-oriented rhythm game in which you battle opponents using musical cues. Unlike most rhythm games, which tend to focus on dancing or instruments, Rhythm Spirit incorporates real-time action and fighting mechanics to create a new type of game experience.
Jump, duck, slash and block, as you and your opponent battle it out to a completely original, “zen remix” soundtrack. Ten exquisite tracks feature a unique fusion of electronic dance music and traditional Japanese instruments.
Rhythm Spirit is a genre-bending experience that can’t be missed!"

Ace Fighter
is the latest offering on Great App a Day.
"Ace Fighter is a fun vertical shooting game, you need kill all enemy and kill big level bosses.
Game feature:
- spectacular end-of-level bosses;
- 2 different mission scene;
- easy tap & tilt control"[/QUOTE]

Ace Fighter is already back up to $2.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']That American McGee Red Riding Hood book flickers like crazy on my iPad, is this happening to you guys too?[/QUOTE]

It flickers on mine too. I've noticed this when running some iphone apps on it too (TimeGeeks for one). I wonder what the deal is.

Edit: Ipad2 just in case.

Are you using an iPad or iPad 2?

[quote name='JP']Downloading X-Men right now.[/QUOTE]

Mind posting some impressions about it after you played it? Wondering what kind of MP is it and if the gameplay is exactly like the original arcade game.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Me and my wife went through it last night without a single problem on our Ipad.[/QUOTE]

Very flicker'y of my 32gb iPad2/Wifi.

[quote name='TheRock88']Mind posting some impressions about it after you played it? Wondering what kind of MP is it and if the gameplay is exactly like the original arcade game.[/QUOTE]
It has local wireless multiplayer. Has OpenFeint and Facebook connectivity. Plays like arcade, all though me and the D-PAD are not getting along. I'm playing on my iPad and it has a greyish border design all the way around it, if you leave settings at default. You can go to Settings and put Aspect Ratio 16:9 and it puts the game all the way to the edge of the screen. I'd personally wait until $.99 for most people. I don't necessarily regret the purchase, but probably would have like to waited until $.99.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']iPad 2.[/QUOTE]

I've run into the same issue on my iPad 2 ... I believe it's an optimization problem on the ipad 2, hence the lack of graphical glitches on iphones or first gen iPads. I was actually a bit worried when the graphics first started flickering because I thought something might be wrong with my iPad, but after checking the reviews, it appears to be an iPad 2 issue and the game hasn't seen an update after the launch of the iPad 2 as far as I can tell.

Crazy Snowboard is the main FAAD game right now.
"Waiting for a bus? Stuck in line? No matter where you are, now you can hit the slopes! Just fire up Crazy Snowboard, tilt your device left and right to steer and you're there!
Ready for some massive airs? Just touch the screen (anywhere) hold down and you'll crouch ready to spring. Release your touch on top of a ramp and you'll get a huge boost. Then link your tricks together to increase your multiplier and score big.
How about some grinding? We've got rails, boxes, logs, candycanes (yes, candycanes!) all ready for your grinding pleasure. See how many you can link together to ramp up your bonus multiplier and boost your score."

Camera Fun Pro is another current FAAD title.
"Camera Fun - Point & shoot photo effects camera. Its the Photo Booth app for your iPhone or iPod Touch!!
That's right - just point your iPhone or iPod Touch camera and see LIVE photo effects on the screen - just like the PhotoBooth app on the Mac. View photo effects BEFORE you click a picture."

Antrim Escape 2 HD
(for iPad only) has dropped to FREE for the first time.
"Much like the first episode, “Antrim Escape 2 – Team Tactics” continues bringing you clever puzzles with stunning graphics. That’s not all, fellow fans. The new innovated element – “team escape” is introduced to the gameplay to further enhance the originality of the puzzles. This time you really need to think outside the room to help not only Ryan but also Emma to escape the rooms.
For those who didn’t play the first episode. Antrim Escape is a room escape game. The objective to the game is to find clues to solve puzzles and eventually find the exit of the room. In order to beat the game, you have to comprehend on the functionality of iphone/iPod Touch (multi-touch, accelerometer…etc). The puzzles are challenging but not impossible. Your IQ will double if you beat it yourself! For those who are stuck, there are also in-game hints and helps on Game Hive’s website."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back