iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Now with Wiki Editable Goodness!!

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions.

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

148 Apps
App Shopper iOS / App Shopper Mac
Free App Alert
Touch Arcade
Free App A Day

App & Game Review Sites

IGN Wireless
MacLife iPad
MacLife iPod/iPhone
Slide to Play
Touch Arcade
Touch Gen
TUAW Games

Free App offers from Developers
• Get a free copy of the Number Fill app for iOS by sending an email to [email protected] with subject "iOSApp:" (while supplies last).

YouTube Video Reviews

iPad Game Reviews
iPhone\iPod Touch Game Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center Exchange Thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

ITUNES GIFT CARD SALES
Gamestop: 6/8 to 6/14, $25 iTunes gift card for $20

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.

2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.

3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.

4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.

5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.

6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.

7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.

8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.

10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

11. Universal Apps have a small plus sign in the upper left corner next to their price. They can be played natively on both the iPad and iPod/iPhone. iPhone games that are not universal can still be played on the iPad with a lower resolution. Non universal iPad games cannot be played on the iPhone.

Recommended Games by Genre
Feel free to add games, genres or move titles as needed. This list is to give CAGs a chance to catch up on missed high-quality games and to get new users started on "can't miss" titles to download for their new idevice. Underlined titles are universal (ipad and iphone/ipod touch). Italic are iPad only.

Casual - Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope. World of Goo, Osmos, Bird Strike - GOLD EDITION, Parachute Ninja, Pilot Winds, Depict, Flight Control, Time Geeks: Find All!, Bird Zapper!, Tapper World Tour, Amazing Breaker
Shooter - Tilt to Live, Galaxy on Fire 2, Espgaluda II, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust, Radiant, Warblade, MetalStorm: Online, Minotron 2112
F/TPS/Action - Shadowgun, N.O.V.A., N.O.V.A. 2, Infinity Blade, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, Dead Space, Shadow Guardian
Dual-Stick Shooter - Age of Zombies, Minigore, Solomon's Keep, Solomon's Boneyard
Action/Arcade - Jet Ball, Super Mega Worm, Zombie Highway, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Plunderland
Adventure - Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Broken Sword: Director's Cut, Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror Remastered, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Sam & Max Episode 1, Scarlett and the Spark of Life, Back to the Future Ep 1 HD, Back to the Future Ep 2 HD
Platformer - League of Evil, Mirror's Edge, Kami Retro, Pix'n Love Rush, Soosiz, Fastar!, Frogatto, Rolando, Rolando 2, Creepy Caverns, :Shift:, Robot Wants Kitty, Perfect Cell, Beyond Ynth, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Hoggy, Edge
Endless Runner - Hook Champ, Super QuickHook, Hook Worlds, Monster Dash, Solipskier, Robot Unicorn Attack, Inspector Gadget's MAD Dash, Run Like Hell! Deluxe
Tower Defense - Plants vs. Zombies, Holy Moly Dragons, Defender Chronicles, iBomber Defense, The Creeps!, Geodefense, Geodefense Swarm, Epic War TD, Sentinel Mars Defense, Sentinel Earth Defense, Sentinel Homeworld, Guns'n'Glory, TowerMadness
RPG - Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Zenonia 3, Battleheart, Dungeon Hunter I & II, Across Age, Chaos Rings, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy, Secret of Mana (yes, that Secret of Mana :D), 100 Rogues
Puzzle - Azkend, Sparkle, Bejeweled 2, Dungeon Raid, Drop7, Puzzle Agent, Trainyard, Puzzle Quest 2, Crosslogic, bitFLIP, Love Battle Princess, Heroes of Kalevala, Antrim Escape 1/2
Card/Dice - Sword & Poker 1 & 2, World Series of Poker Hold'em Legend
Sim - Game Dev Story, Hot Springs Story, Sims: Ambitions
Strategy - Civilization Revolution, Trenches, Crystal War, Legendary Wars
Sports - NBA Jam, Backbreaker Football, Backbreaker 2, Flick Kick Field Goal
Fighting - Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters-i002
Racing - Asphalt 6, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed: Shift, Real Racing 2, Reckless Racing, Disc Drivin', Jet Car Stunts, Death Rally, Tires of Fury
Time Management - My Kingdom for the Princess 1 & 2, Hotel Mogul, Airport Mania, Roads of Rome HD
Board Games -Small World, Carcassonne, Catan, Words With Friends, Reiner Knizia's Samurai, Neuroshima Hex
Trivia - MovieCat, You Don't Know Jack
Hidden Object - Little Things, Pictureka
Non-Game Essentials -
Appshopper, Atomic Web Browser, Stanza, CloudReaders, Flipbook, TuneIn Radio Pro, Dropbox, Air Video+, Evernote, Video Stream, mBox Mail, Genius Scan, Urban Spoon, Documents To Go Premium

Last edited by a moderator:
Ticket to ride got a new update with local pass and play multiplayer, which a lot of people asked for. IMO the best iPad board game just got a little better.

[quote name='caltab']Ticket to ride got a new update with local pass and play multiplayer, which a lot of people asked for. IMO the best iPad board game just got a little better.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't disagree more. Carcassonne trumps TTR in every respect, except maybe price, which is debatable since carcassone is universal, and TTR is ipad only. I find TTR to be one of the most boring and simple games I've ever played, while carcassone offers a wealth of strategic options and gameplay styles. A lack of asynchronus multiplayer isn't a huge dealbreaker, since TTR doesn't really suit the long thought out methodical play style, but it would be a nice option. Carcassonne also offers a new way to play the game that is completely unique to the iOS version, which is the solitaire mode. More than anything else though, Carc's gameplay has way more depth, with the same amount of simplicity, while offering the players more interesting options on their turns. IMO carcassone is not only one of the best iOS boardgames, but one of the most fun and accessible boardgames of all time!

Give your wallet a break and check out one of the many freebies currently available:

Slam Dunk Basketball
"Slam Dunk Basketball is a fast paced arcade basketball game with a unique goal system designed to reward the player when scoring cool looking goals. Combine these goals to fill your fever meter and unleash awesome powerups to increase your score.
THE GOAL
Score as many points as possible in 90 seconds, increase time by scoring clean shots and combine goals to get cool powerups. Earn credits, unlock levels, upgrade powerups, purchase new balls, complete challenging goals, increase your fame and use Game Center to soar to the top of the leaderboards!"

NinjaCat & CandyFactory
"CookieCat is the owner of the candy factory, Mr.X's favorite pet and student.
One day Mr.X was kidnapped by the bad aliens who wanted the candy recipe of Mr.X.
Using the hidden mysterious ninja power, CookieCat and his friends try to rescue Mr.X.
Super addictive jump game!
Awesome interactions!
Exciting power-up items!
A very special super power-up items!
You can’t stop collecting game moneys!
Delightfully cute characters!
The best doodle graphics!
Cute wallpapers bonus!"

Torchwood: Web of Lies

"The secret of immortality revealed? Find out in "Torchwood: Web of Lies", a unique 10 part companion to the new Russell T Davies series "Torchwood: Miracle Day." This completely original episodic interactive experience fuses together incredible motion comic graphics and gameplay to tell a digital-exclusive Torchwood story.
Players participate in a parallel narrative to the "Torchwood: Miracle Day" that delves deeper into the dramatic events which unfold in the TV series. "Torchwood: Web of Lies" includes lead characters Captain Jack Harkness and Gwen Cooper – voiced by John Barrowman and Eve Myles – AND introduces Eliza Dushku as the voice of Holly, a young woman intent on finding out what has happened to her brother and the world.
Immerse yourself in the exciting world of Torchwood like never before as you crack codes, break locks and race across landscapes in search of the real truth behind Miracle Day."

King Rupert HD (iPad only)
"This new action game will take you back to the medieval times when Kings and Wizards used to hang around in palaces doing their everyday things. Gameplay takes place in different parts of the kingdom, asks to complete various challenges, collect coins and much more! You will take control of King Rupert, who was cursed by the grumpy Wizard and needs your help. So, the only question is - Are you up for the challenge?"

X-Rat (supposed to be FREE for today, but still showing up at .99 so far)
"Squitto, result of an experiment performed by a mad scientist has been abducted by a kind of evil aliens who enjoy to test its capabilities in a deadly maze full of enemies and traps.
Help Squitto! Tilt your device to move and find the way out of each maze as quickly as possible.
Make your way through obstacles, avoid traps and dodge laser guns fire. Lure and trick alien robotcrafts. Find and eat cheese, open doors, jump and run as fast as you can. Show the alien abductors you are smarter than them!"

[quote name='caltab']Ticket to ride got a new update with local pass and play multiplayer, which a lot of people asked for. IMO the best iPad board game just got a little better.[/QUOTE]
Holy CRAP! That's what I've been waiting for!

Iphone mode in Deathsmiles is a stupid grindfest. Not impressed. Game itself is still fun though

Cave promised a fix for the broken shop issue, I believe. They also are apparently planning paid DLC. Check that Restore option in the menu

The very enjoyable RoboSockets: Link Me Up is the new FAAD main game.
"RoboSockets: Link Me Up is a juicy mix of tetris, pipes and match 3 game mechanics resulting in the truly unique gameplay. It’s as simple as genius and brings a breath of fresh air to the tried bejeweled-type games. The game introduces a whole RoboCivilization, its hierarchy, history and legends with each level’s setting fitting in the storyline. Apart from introducing brand new gameplay, RoboSockets: Link Me Up boasts of classic for a quality title virtues: cheerful UI, elaborate story, intense graphics and a vast replayability potential."

Cartoon Garden
is the current OpenFeint FGOTD.
"Ever wanted to have your own garden full of cartoons? You perhaps dreamt about it, but now you can really have one!
Download Cartoon Garden now and start making a wonderfully cute garden for yourself!"

Ticket to Ride is a great game. Sure, I like Carcassonne (the game itself) more, but Ticket to Ride is also a fun and accessible game with depth. Also TTR app has a genuine lobby system and vastly superior live online.

Dungeon Solitaire is a decent time killer card game and has dropped to free:

http://appshopper.com/games/dungeon-solitaire

It's worth picking up IMHO.

Wish TTR came to the Iphone. I'd play that against CPU. Or online. Whatever.

Dungeon Solitaire is fun for 30 minutes or so until you realize how little strategy you actually have room to execute.

Happy Theme Park is being offered for FREE by a couple of different freebie sites right now.
"Can you start with an simple Ferris Wheel and turn it into a World Class Theme Park?
THE FIRST-EVER THEME PARK GAME FOR IPHONE, IPOD TOUCH and IPAD IS
NOW LIVE IN THE APP STORE!
Create the five-star theme park of your dreams! You are just a download away from building and customizing your very own Theme Park! Choose which attractions to buy and which Mascots to hire. Have a great time building your own personal Theme Park!"

Fire Scene is also FREE for a limited time (with extra bonus Engrish!).
"-Fanatics in the middle of the night of arson were rampant within the city, not enough fire, even in the city placed a high risk of explosives! Players can manipulate water droplets put out the fire?
-Gameplay is very simple, just in time to control and guide the falling water droplets into the fire.Extinguish the fire needs 5 drops.
-The game is quite innovative. It fits like brains, do not ike "Angry Birds" too much luck as the player.
-Support Retina screen.
-32 Levels include.
-Enjoy it !"

Run, Run Chicken
(iPad only) is temporarily FREE as well.
"Who said chickens can't fly?! Make them flap their tiny wings! Journey through beautiful hills to help little chickens find their moms. Use the one-finger touch play to jump, until this annoying gravity brings you back down to earth.
- Incredibly simple and addictive gameplay.
- Dazzling hi-res graphics optimized for Retina Display.
- Game Center integration with leader-board and achievements.
- Acquire new "Power-Ups" to use special skills to earn 4 Game Center achievements. "

[quote name='lilman']Last day for Deathsmiles at intro price of $4.99:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/deathsmiles/id429870273?mt=8

Starting tomorrow it jumps to $8.99. Easily the best bullet hell shmup on iOS (followed by Espgaluda II).[/QUOTE]
$4.99 is certainly cheaper than $8.99, but I can't pay that for it.
I really want it, but I will just file it away with Dodonpachi and Espagaluda as games that look really good but are priced more than what I will pay for an iOS game.

Glad some people are having fun with it though. SHMUPS work pretty well on iOS devices.

Picked up Dungeon Solitaire and holy crap is this game awesome and addicting. Perfect fast little 5-10 min time killer, yet at the same time I just managed to sit and play it for like 2 hours straight.

I got a $25 itunes card on the way and I've been looking at a few games I want to get but I have a question or two first.

Can apps ever update the minimum iOS they support? Example if an app runs on iOS 3.0 could an update be pushed out to make it so you need to be on 3.2 in order for it to run.

Secondly, does anyone have the Catan game? My question is does this version let you play just regular games against CPUs and none of that scenario stuff involved. I don't mind scenarios but I also like regular games where just randomly throwdown the board tiles, determine who goes first and play the game.

I must admit before owning an iPod I was quite critical about my never really wanting to own apple products mostly for the premium they charge but then I got a free 1st gen iPod touch and my opinions have changes quite quickly. I still won't own one of their computers but their handhelds with the iOS platform are quite nice. I must thank this thread for the all deals that get posted, my recent favorite has to be Burn the Rope.

It just sucks with a 1st gen iPod though as some great gems I must miss out on because they require iOS 4.0 and above which I can't run. Heck some even only require 3.2 which I can't run. Oh well some day I'll get a newer and larger iPod.

[quote name='DaFees']I got a $25 itunes card on the way and I've been looking at a few games I want to get but I have a question or two first.

Can apps ever update the minimum iOS they support? Example if an app runs on iOS 3.0 could an update be pushed out to make it so you need to be on 3.2 in order for it to run.

Secondly, does anyone have the Catan game? My question is does this version let you play just regular games against CPUs and none of that scenario stuff involved. I don't mind scenarios but I also like regular games where just randomly throwdown the board tiles, determine who goes first and play the game.

I must admit before owning an iPod I was quite critical about my never really wanting to own apple products mostly for the premium they charge but then I got a free 1st gen iPod touch and my opinions have changes quite quickly. I still won't own one of their computers but their handhelds with the iOS platform are quite nice. I must thank this thread for the all deals that get posted, my recent favorite has to be Burn the Rope.

It just sucks with a 1st gen iPod though as some great gems I must miss out on because they require iOS 4.0 and above which I can't run. Heck some even only require 3.2 which I can't run. Oh well some day I'll get a newer and larger iPod.[/QUOTE]

Dont know about with the newest patch but with every previous patch you could just hop in and play a quick game of catan. Choose between 3 and 4 players, pick a map, pick a few rules and bam your playing.

Blupt! is available for FREE for the first time.
"Blupt! is a game whose character has no beak, isn't a zombie or even a ninja! Can you believe it?
BUBBY, OUR COLORED HERO!
Here you'll have fun throwing refreshing flavored bubbles that go straight to your tongue and will change the color of Bubby. But beware! If you do it wrong, you... Blupt!
BE FRESH! CHANGE YOUR COLOR!
Blupt! combines realistic physics with simple and accurate touch controls that require only one finger: Push, drag and shoot like a slingshot. Changing your color has never been easier. Blupt! is easy to learn and intuitive to play."

Panda Warrior: Zombie King's Treasure has dropped back down to FREE again.
"Bo, a BIG&FAT panda, is always hungry for food.
A quiet Sichuan bamboo forest. A mysterious royal tomb. They are the stages of Bo's KUNG FU show. A mysterious treasure of food was taken away by the Zombie King. To get it back,a great adventure is about to start. Bo, go fighting!
Remember, every panda in China can fight with KUNG FU!"

For all you Twitter-fiends, TwizShow is also FREE for the first time.
"TwizShow is a new game for iPhone and iPad that tests your knowledge of your Twitter friends. Who has more followers, who authored a given tweet, who did you follow first? It's your own personal game show.
Find out how well you know your social network on the TwizShow!"

>>Can apps ever update the minimum iOS they support?

Yes - I have seen this. However, it just prevents you from getting the update - the version you already have will continue to run fine, unless it's a front-end for a web service which checks your client version.

Apple sucks because they want me to choose between cydia and ios5. Fail.

Cydia pros (for me): tethering (fuck at&t) and custom sms tone
Cydia cons: lag, stupid themes, adding a source to download any app, cant update device, device/itunes no longer correctly keeps track of how much memory is left on the device, most apps are pay and they go bye bye if the phone is updated, a bunch of apps dont have the traditional app icon shape, did i mention lag?

looks like im sticking with io$5...no power ranger communicator sms tone for me. fuck lag.

[quote name='MSI Magus']Dont know about with the newest patch but with every previous patch you could just hop in and play a quick game of catan. Choose between 3 and 4 players, pick a map, pick a few rules and bam your playing.[/QUOTE]

Perfect this is exactly what I was talking about. I don't mind the scenarios or campaign but I also want to be able to just jump in and play so that is good. Not that it's totally important but I'll have to see if the new updates add support for the extensions allowing 5 and 6 players to play. :)

[quote name='Brian234']>>Can apps ever update the minimum iOS they support?

Yes - I have seen this. However, it just prevents you from getting the update - the version you already have will continue to run fine, unless it's a front-end for a web service which checks your client version.[/QUOTE]

Excellent this is great to know, thank you! The main reason I ask is because I have a huge interest in the carcassonne app as about a few months ago I was introduced to the board game I instantly fell in love with it. Also I've been reading for a while now that the devs want to add (via IAPs) support for all the add-ons and I've often thought that in doing so they might bump up the minimum iOS required and thus prevent me from enjoying it.

Oh and I generally don't find many things annoying about the iOS platform and such but one thing I found odd was I've seen videos and gameplay of the game Flight Control (HD) and I've thought of getting it but I've wanted to try it out first. Well when I found out that they had a demo app available I instantly wanted to get it, surprise, surprise when I couldn't download it because I don't have the required iOS. Normally this isn't strange but in this case it is because the pay version will run on my 1st gen iPod but the free version won't, :cry:.

Oh well enough ranting back to the deals!

Anyone who played Army of Darkness Defense, quick question, I am at Wave 48, whats the easiest way to kill the skeletens that carry a large wooden shield?

9000BC Pro is the latest OpenFeint FGOTD.
"The natives from neighboring tribes and the monsters from the deep Jungle are coming.
They are here to take away the power of life from your Village.
Your strength has been magnified by the power of the Gods. Along with this strength, new powers have been granted to you.
9,000 BC promises to take you back in time where fiction is reality."

UltraDeep is the new main FAAD game.
"Designed to be easy to play yet super addictive - UltraDeep! may become your next iphone addiction!
It's not just simply going down like other simple games of this type. In UltraDeep you pickup diamonds which will charge your superpower. When the superpower gauge is full you can tap the screen to activate the superpower and smash down through obstacles at amazing speeds!
You can also "level up" your superpower to make it go even faster."

WordCollapse
is also being featured right now on FAAD.
"Try a new and unique word puzzle! WordCollapse is for you who love crosswords, sudoku, solitaire and trivia games. You will get started within seconds, the game is very easy and intuitive.
Each puzzle in WordCollapse contains a number of words on a certain theme, such as fruits, sports or animals. All letters are mixed and now you find a word and swipe it. The tiles disappear and the remaining tiles collapse into new words. The tricky bit is to remove the words in the correct order so you clear the board and complete the level.
The various themes in WordCollapse will test your knowledge - identifying words on a certain theme can be harder than you think. So get ready to put your brain into good use and download WordCollapse today!"

Dr. Nano X: Incredible Voyage Inside the Body
is the freebie on Great App a Day.
"Dr Nano X shrinks down to enter patients and blast dangerous nanotech and parasites. This 3D platformer is an adventure game with some of the most unusual environments and game play you will ever see!
In Dr. NanoX you will guide your player through some of the most "dangerous terrain" imaginable with dual stick controls, unusual scientific instruments, jetpack and even a submarine to blast the enemies to smithereens.
Join the fight in Multiplayer flying around in a jetpack blasting your competitors in a grab the blood cell match."

[quote name='Drclaw411']Apple sucks because they want me to choose between cydia and ios5. Fail.

looks like im sticking with io$5...no power ranger communicator sms tone for me. fuck lag.[/QUOTE]

you don't need to jailbreak your phone to use custom sms. just rename the file you want to use to match the filename of the existing tone you don't want and overwrite it. you'll need to put the sound in .caf format (i believe) which is simply an aiff with a modified extension. you'll also need an iphone explorer type program, but there are lots.

also, power rangers? really?

Zombilution has dropped to FREE for the first time.
"Are you tired of infinite games about pesky survivors and unbelievable zombie’s destruction?
Do you find yourself fond of L4D Versus mode?
Have you ever asked yourself, what would happen if zombies could have their own butt-kicking, intelligent and charismatic hero to lead them to ruin the civilized world as we know it?
Then this game is for you: cut off survivor’s routes to escape, destroy bunkers, gather your minions, quench hunger, roll for the buffs, and maybe even solve the mystery behind your creation. And most of all start a bloody promenade on the real city streets: everything is dead serious when you hunt on the streets of the real Washington DC, USA."

Occuro! is now permanently available for FREE.
"Control your ship through 360 degrees of top-down fun using tilt or touch controls. Fire your lasers in any direction to destroy endless waves of enemies. Grab power ups to increase your score and add weapons. This space shooter is easy to learn, challenging to master, and impossibly hard to put down!"

Zombilution has dropped to FREE for the first time.
"Are you tired of infinite games about pesky survivors and unbelievable zombie’s destruction?
Do you find yourself fond of L4D Versus mode?
Have you ever asked yourself, what would happen if zombies could have their own butt-kicking, intelligent and charismatic hero to lead them to ruin the civilized world as we know it?
Then this game is for you: cut off survivor’s routes to escape, destroy bunkers, gather your minions, quench hunger, roll for the buffs, and maybe even solve the mystery behind your creation. And most of all start a bloody promenade on the real city streets: everything is dead serious when you hunt on the streets of the real Washington DC, USA."

Occuro! is now permanently available for FREE.
"Control your ship through 360 degrees of top-down fun using tilt or touch controls. Fire your lasers in any direction to destroy endless waves of enemies. Grab power ups to increase your score and add weapons. This space shooter is easy to learn, challenging to master, and impossibly hard to put down!"

[quote name='Drclaw411']
Cydia cons: lag, stupid themes, adding a source to download any app, cant update device, device/itunes no longer correctly keeps track of how much memory is left on the device, most apps are pay and they go bye bye if the phone is updated, a bunch of apps dont have the traditional app icon shape, did i mention lag?[/QUOTE]

Cydia user here... and I have yet to experience any lag. Of course, I only have the bare minimum installed and running on my iPhone. Perhaps you should go through your packages, and remove anything that isn't necessary. The Cydia jailbreak installer adds several useless features once installed.

My phone still keeps an accurate account of how much memory I have remaining. Not sure why that's an issue for you.

I've only paid for one Cydia app... and it was only a buck.

Traditional app shape? You mean they're not in a square?

Cydia isn't for everyone. But it trumps iOS at the moment. The ability to have a five icon dock and five app rows is alone worth the limited trouble you may face jailbreaking.

Oh... and in-app text messaging. Can't believe I lived so long without it.

Back on topic... finally grabbed Snuggle Truck, and it's awesome.

Seems like Pangea software is feeling generous today. A bunch of their good/great games just dropped to free. All are good/great games and most are universal apps, I personally enjoy the Enigmo series for those that like puzzlers.:

Enigmo - http://itunes.apple.com/app/enigmo/id281736535?mt=8
Enigmo Deluxe (iPad) - http://itunes.apple.com/app/enigmo-deluxe/id363199024?mt=8
Enigmo 2 - http://itunes.apple.com/app/enigmo-2/id328580268?mt=8
Cro Mag Rally - http://itunes.apple.com/app/cro-mag-rally/id281747159?mt=8
Otto Matic - http://itunes.apple.com/app/otto-matic/id306811786?mt=8
Nanosaur 2 - http://itunes.apple.com/app/nanosaur-2/id293519917?mt=8
Antimatter - http://itunes.apple.com/app/antimatter/id298032129?mt=8
Billy Frontier - http://itunes.apple.com/app/billy-frontier/id288713146?mt=8
Bugdom 2 - http://itunes.apple.com/app/bugdom-2/id291322250?mt=8

[quote name='Poor2More']Anyone who played Army of Darkness Defense, quick question, I am at Wave 48, whats the easiest way to kill the skeletens that carry a large wooden shield?[/QUOTE]In for one, Thanks OP!

Poor2More:

Run by them and then they keep going and get mauled by your castle defenses. Don't let yourself get held up so you can kill the archers and other softies. I usually run past and chainsaw people into the pit. Hope that helps.

[quote name='jjz203']Seems like Pangea software is feeling generous today. A bunch of their good/great games just dropped to free. All are good/great games and most are universal apps, I personally enjoy the Enigmo series for those that like puzzlers.:

Enigmo - http://itunes.apple.com/app/enigmo/id281736535?mt=8
Enigmo Deluxe (iPad) - http://itunes.apple.com/app/enigmo-deluxe/id363199024?mt=8
Enigmo 2 - http://itunes.apple.com/app/enigmo-2/id328580268?mt=8
Cro Mag Rally - http://itunes.apple.com/app/cro-mag-rally/id281747159?mt=8
Otto Matic - http://itunes.apple.com/app/otto-matic/id306811786?mt=8
Nanosaur 2 - http://itunes.apple.com/app/nanosaur-2/id293519917?mt=8
Antimatter - http://itunes.apple.com/app/antimatter/id298032129?mt=8
Billy Frontier - http://itunes.apple.com/app/billy-frontier/id288713146?mt=8
Bugdom 2 - http://itunes.apple.com/app/bugdom-2/id291322250?mt=8[/QUOTE]
Just a note: The Pangea titles which are currently FREE will go back up in price (starting at .99) beginning at 8:00 CST tonight. Take advantage of their AppStore Third Anniversary Sale while you can (and THANKS to the OP for the heads up).

The Pangea titles have all gone back up to their normal prices (or at least, they aren't free now). While free, I picked up Enigmo Deluxe (iPad) (already have Enigmo 2), Otto Matic, Nanosaur 2 and Bugdom 2. I haven't had a chance to try them, but one of my kids tried a few of them. He thought Nanosaur 2 was weird. :)

US Warfare: First Encounter is the new main FAAD title.
"The world is changing. Times are extreme. Things are tough... This time, the war is not international. Its extraterrestrial! The world was in peace, then came the Aliens!
Aliens, are here to fight against just one country. You are a soldier, your duty is to protect the nation. Will you be able to protect the nation or turn it into a messy, filthy and cruel alien playground? Download US Warfare and find out..."

Tic Tac Genius 2
is also currently being featured by FAAD.
"Tap into your inner genius!
Tic Tac Genius is a fun and challenging twist to Tic Tac Toe. To fill each slot in the game, you need to solve the corresponding word jumble. The game doesn't have a time limit letting you play without pressure on your own or choose your own clock for each move with your opponent."

Diablo Dice
is the latest OpenFeint FGOTD.
"Can you outwit your opponent to protect your loot, or call their bluff to reap the rewards?
Such is the skills of DIABLO DICE, a game of liar's dice where the bold takes the gold.
This game of deceit is originally South American, and made famous by the critically acclaimed wild west game Red Dead Redemption, and the movie Pirates of the Caribbean.
Diablo Dice features countless hours of gameplay, challenging AI characters, tons of beautifully crafted items to collect, and unlimited replay value with other online players over OpenFeint network and split screen drinking game. Are you up for the challenge?"

It's not a game, but the newly-released iSynthesizer is already available for FREE.
"Classic monophonic synthesizer, Designed and improved for live performance. Fast switchable UI designed with help of professional artists. Generate fantastic high quality sound. Create configurations presets, quickly switch between presets live."

Got my hopes up for isynthesizer, but it's iPad only. That makes me a sad panda.

Though, I've spent like $1000 on native instruments stuff in the past month so I really don't need yet another synth app.

Still want though.

Got my hopes up for isynthesizer, but it's iPad only. That makes me a sad panda.

Though, I've spent like $1000 on native instruments stuff in the past month so I really don't need yet another synth app.

Still want though.

Crazy Haul this Summer

Code:
Game Dev Story  
Hot Springs Story  
Ticket to Ride  
Toki Tori HD  
Flight Control HD  
Pictureka! For iPad  
N.O.V.A. 2 – Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance HD  
Asphalt 6: Adrenaline HD  
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit for iPad