iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Now with Wiki Editable Goodness!!

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions.

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

148 Apps
App Shopper iOS / App Shopper Mac
Free App Alert
Touch Arcade
Free App A Day

App & Game Review Sites

IGN Wireless
MacLife iPad
MacLife iPod/iPhone
Slide to Play
Touch Arcade
Touch Gen
TUAW Games

Free App offers from Developers
• Get a free copy of the Number Fill app for iOS by sending an email to [email protected] with subject "iOSApp:" (while supplies last).

YouTube Video Reviews

iPad Game Reviews
iPhone\iPod Touch Game Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center Exchange Thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

ITUNES GIFT CARD SALES
Gamestop: 6/8 to 6/14, $25 iTunes gift card for $20

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.

2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.

3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.

4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.

5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.

6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.

7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.

8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.

10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

11. Universal Apps have a small plus sign in the upper left corner next to their price. They can be played natively on both the iPad and iPod/iPhone. iPhone games that are not universal can still be played on the iPad with a lower resolution. Non universal iPad games cannot be played on the iPhone.

Recommended Games by Genre
Feel free to add games, genres or move titles as needed. This list is to give CAGs a chance to catch up on missed high-quality games and to get new users started on "can't miss" titles to download for their new idevice. Underlined titles are universal (ipad and iphone/ipod touch). Italic are iPad only.

Casual - Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope. World of Goo, Osmos, Bird Strike - GOLD EDITION, Parachute Ninja, Pilot Winds, Depict, Flight Control, Time Geeks: Find All!, Bird Zapper!, Tapper World Tour, Amazing Breaker
Shooter - Tilt to Live, Galaxy on Fire 2, Espgaluda II, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust, Radiant, Warblade, MetalStorm: Online, Minotron 2112
F/TPS/Action - Shadowgun, N.O.V.A., N.O.V.A. 2, Infinity Blade, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, Dead Space, Shadow Guardian
Dual-Stick Shooter - Age of Zombies, Minigore, Solomon's Keep, Solomon's Boneyard
Action/Arcade - Jet Ball, Super Mega Worm, Zombie Highway, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Plunderland
Adventure - Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Broken Sword: Director's Cut, Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror Remastered, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Sam & Max Episode 1, Scarlett and the Spark of Life, Back to the Future Ep 1 HD, Back to the Future Ep 2 HD
Platformer - League of Evil, Mirror's Edge, Kami Retro, Pix'n Love Rush, Soosiz, Fastar!, Frogatto, Rolando, Rolando 2, Creepy Caverns, :Shift:, Robot Wants Kitty, Perfect Cell, Beyond Ynth, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Hoggy, Edge
Endless Runner - Hook Champ, Super QuickHook, Hook Worlds, Monster Dash, Solipskier, Robot Unicorn Attack, Inspector Gadget's MAD Dash, Run Like Hell! Deluxe
Tower Defense - Plants vs. Zombies, Holy Moly Dragons, Defender Chronicles, iBomber Defense, The Creeps!, Geodefense, Geodefense Swarm, Epic War TD, Sentinel Mars Defense, Sentinel Earth Defense, Sentinel Homeworld, Guns'n'Glory, TowerMadness
RPG - Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Zenonia 3, Battleheart, Dungeon Hunter I & II, Across Age, Chaos Rings, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy, Secret of Mana (yes, that Secret of Mana :D), 100 Rogues
Puzzle - Azkend, Sparkle, Bejeweled 2, Dungeon Raid, Drop7, Puzzle Agent, Trainyard, Puzzle Quest 2, Crosslogic, bitFLIP, Love Battle Princess, Heroes of Kalevala, Antrim Escape 1/2
Card/Dice - Sword & Poker 1 & 2, World Series of Poker Hold'em Legend
Sim - Game Dev Story, Hot Springs Story, Sims: Ambitions
Strategy - Civilization Revolution, Trenches, Crystal War, Legendary Wars
Sports - NBA Jam, Backbreaker Football, Backbreaker 2, Flick Kick Field Goal
Fighting - Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters-i002
Racing - Asphalt 6, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed: Shift, Real Racing 2, Reckless Racing, Disc Drivin', Jet Car Stunts, Death Rally, Tires of Fury
Time Management - My Kingdom for the Princess 1 & 2, Hotel Mogul, Airport Mania, Roads of Rome HD
Board Games -Small World, Carcassonne, Catan, Words With Friends, Reiner Knizia's Samurai, Neuroshima Hex
Trivia - MovieCat, You Don't Know Jack
Hidden Object - Little Things, Pictureka
Non-Game Essentials -
Appshopper, Atomic Web Browser, Stanza, CloudReaders, Flipbook, TuneIn Radio Pro, Dropbox, Air Video+, Evernote, Video Stream, mBox Mail, Genius Scan, Urban Spoon, Documents To Go Premium

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone familiar with DM1 - The Drum Machine (iPad only)? It's on sale for .99 until October 24. I'm trying to decide if it's worth stockpiling for my phantom iPad.
"DM1 is an advanced vintage Drum Machine. It turns your iPad into a fun and creative beat making machine.
Easy and fast to use, loaded with 40 superb electronic drum kits and beautiful hyper-realistic graphics, DM1 has been designed for a lot of instant fun.
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Fingerlab, have developed DM1 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy, overbusy interfaces.
Check our 40 electronic drum kits. 18 classic vintage drum kits plus 22 in-house produced electronic kits, edited and mastered at Fingerlab professional studio."

Not a game, but this looked kinda interesting: Watch Me Change (full version) is currently available for FREE. This is supposed to be the ad-free version, so it might be worth the download.
"Watch Me Change allows you to create time lapse videos of family and friends faces change over time. Just take a photo everyday or so and then the app automatically arranges the photos into a short time lapse video."

[quote name='Dimsdale']Anyone familiar with DM1 - The Drum Machine (iPad only)? It's on sale for .99 until October 24. I'm trying to decide if it's worth stockpiling for my phantom iPad.
"DM1 is an advanced vintage Drum Machine. It turns your iPad into a fun and creative beat making machine.
Easy and fast to use, loaded with 40 superb electronic drum kits and beautiful hyper-realistic graphics, DM1 has been designed for a lot of instant fun.
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Fingerlab, have developed DM1 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy, overbusy interfaces.
Check our 40 electronic drum kits. 18 classic vintage drum kits plus 22 in-house produced electronic kits, edited and mastered at Fingerlab professional studio."[/QUOTE]

I've got it and it's got some pretty cool features and sounds, and is a lot of fun to play with (and has a great look and feel). However, it doesn't get a whole lot of use right now because I need something has audio copy/paste and can allow for custom sample import (the DM1 developers are promising both of these features in a future upgrade), so I use Molten or Funkbox instead when I need a virtual drum machine. That being said, once the new features are added, I'll be using it a lot more. If you are just looking for a standalone drum machine (the new update does allow for background playing), then this is a great deal as it exists today.

For $0.99 you really can't go wrong with it, particularly since it'll probably have an even more robust feature set once you get your phantom iPad.

[quote name='peanut_gallery']I've got it and it's got some pretty cool features and sounds, and is a lot of fun to play with (and has a great look and feel). However, it doesn't get a whole lot of use right now because I need something has audio copy/paste and can allow for custom sample import (the DM1 developers are promising both of these features in a future upgrade), so I use Molten or Funkbox instead when I need a virtual drum machine. That being said, once the new features are added, I'll be using it a lot more. If you are just looking for a standalone drum machine (the new update does allow for background playing), then this is a great deal as it exists today.

For $0.99 you really can't go wrong with it, particularly since it'll probably have an even more robust feature set once you get your phantom iPad.[/QUOTE]
Cool. Thanks much for the feedback! There goes another dollar. Heh. ONE dollar. It boogles my tiny mind to think how much I spent for an Alesis HR-16 back in the day (and this app probably does ten times as much with much better sound fidelity) . . .

I HIGHLY endorse the DM-1 drum machine. Top class app, very musical and great interface. Just got an awesome update too. Amazing what you can do with this thing.

I also had an Alesis SR-16 back in the day, ah the memories.

Age of Monsters – Rock Paper Scissors is the new OpenFeint FGOTD.
"Age of Monsters – Rock Paper Scissors transports the classic schoolyard game to a monster-eat-monster, post-apocalyptic world where mortals dare not tread (kinda like North Philadelphia).
From the mind of Jeff Matsuda, the Emmy Award winning Producer and Creative Director of The Batman cartoon, and his team at Massive Joe Studios, AOM – RPS is the Rock Paper Scissors game to end ALL Rock Paper Scissor games."

[quote name='Stimes']The wife says it's awesome... Family Fued & Friends is out and is free.
http://appshopper.com/games/family-feud®-friends

Also a couple of sales I noticed:
Real Racing 2 HD is $4
http://appshopper.com/games/real-racing-2-hd
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing is $2
http://appshopper.com/games/sonic-sega-all-stars-racing

And also a new Worms game is out Worms Crazy Golf, just added it to my wish list, I'll let you guys know when it goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Let's not forget, regular Real Racing 2 is $2.99 as well. Just found out minutes ago!

[quote name='joebootoo']Have you tried Waze?[/QUOTE]
I tried it once before and did not like it but I had found BTT at the same time. Maybe it is time to revisit that particular app.

Finally broke down and got Real Racing 2 HD. I may not have an iPad 2 but it's still probably the best looking game out there on any handheld period. This is as cheap as it's going to get unless it hit $1 during Christmas.

Also, Animoog is fantastic. I'm no musician but it's excellent to play around with, even with the presets.

Animoog is very entertaining for this non musician. I definitely recommend picking it up while it's 99 cents. At first just play with the presets - there's tons of them - then start fiddling with controls as well. My kids also figured out that you not only can tap the keys, but where you tap on them (high or low) or if you slide your finger up or down, that affects the sound. Fun stuff.

[quote name='JohnDM']Finally broke down and got Real Racing 2 HD. I may not have an iPad 2 but it's still probably the best looking game out there on any handheld period. This is as cheap as it's going to get unless it hit $1 during Christmas.

Also, Animoog is fantastic. I'm no musician but it's excellent to play around with, even with the presets.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except I got the iPhone version of real racing 2 instead of hd. Most games I wait for free or .99, but this one hasn't gone below $2.99 and I don't know that it ever will. Still debating on Animoog, not sure I get enough time with the iPad to make it worth it to me.

[quote name='Hennessy']Backstab is .99 http://appshopper.com/games/backstab[/QUOTE]

I just noticed and came here to make sure it was posted. It was previously .99 for about two weeks back in September, but somehow I didn't pick it up then. I've been waiting for it to drop back down ever since I picked up Shadow Guardian for .99 (which was only 6 days ago, didn't have to wait long).

Rocket Claw is one of the new FAAD games.
"Astronauts are stranded in space... Aliens are closing in fast... Who is going to save them?
Meet C.L.A.W.D., the Clamping Long-Arm Winch Device!
Reel in astronauts with your claw as they float perilously through space! But make sure to destroy the aliens, comets, and other galactic hazards. Harvest space crystals and spend them on upgrades like the Big Claw and Defense Drone.
Go for the highest score in Endless Mode, test your skills to stay alive in Survival Mode, or go for big point combos in Time Attack Mode.
Now power up that claw and get-to-rescuing!"

Infect Them All is another FAAD freebie.
"'Infect Them All' is a game that can make zombie world by infecting and eating people.
You can enjoy this game with easy and simple controls.
You are gonna fascinated by the combination of dynamic actions factors and simulation factors which make more and more zombies"

[quote name='Dimsdale']Not a game, but this looked kinda interesting: Watch Me Change (full version) is currently available for FREE. This is supposed to be the ad-free version, so it might be worth the download.
"Watch Me Change allows you to create time lapse videos of family and friends faces change over time. Just take a photo everyday or so and then the app automatically arranges the photos into a short time lapse video."[/QUOTE]
Wow, thanks for posting that. Just noticed it and it sounds pretty cool.
I wish I had it last Friday though. I took all of this week off and would have loved to see the change between 'Fresh-from-a-Shave Friday Morning' to next Monday when I have to shave again for work.

Gravity Guy was a nice freebie.

RocketCat's new game (Remember them, makers of Hook series?) finally dropped. Mage... uh... something. I don't have my phone handy. It's pretty decent. For $2 I'll pay for some of their esoteric brand of wit (Though they seem to be playing it straight but cutely charming). I've dropped worse on some of EA's blatant SHS/CoD cash grabs.

Speaking of which, I still vote for SHS and CoD even though now you're so far behind it's too much to catch up.

[quote name='RollingSkull']RocketCat's new game (Remember them, makers of Hook series?) finally dropped. Mage... uh... something. I don't have my phone handy. It's pretty decent. For $2 I'll pay for some of their esoteric brand of wit (Though they seem to be playing it straight but cutely charming). I've dropped worse on some of EA's blatant SHS/CoD cash grabs.[/QUOTE]

Mage Gauntlet

MONSTER HUNTER Dynamic Hunting for the iPhone dropped to $.99 is this worth it? I'm on the fence with this one.

http://appshopper.com/games/monster-hunter-dynamic-hunting
mzl.vgxfrodx.320x480-75.jpg

Bike Baron came out last night and so far I'm enjoying it. A Trials-type game (ripoff?) that is quite well done. Not surprisingly I haven't come across much difficulty so far, but I'm not that far into it yet. Plus there's a level editor (which they used to make the levels) and you can share you levels with others. For 99 cents and universal, I'd say it's a solid buy.

http://appshopper.com/games/bike-baron

I'm also hearing good things about the annoying-movie-tie-in Fruit Ninja (aka Fruit Ninja: Puss in Boots). Apparently not just a reskin, but a new mode of play that is quite different (as well as more classic play mode). I bought it but haven't tried it yet. It's $1.99 for the iPad version and 99 cents for the iPhone version. I guess you get a discount when there's an annoying-movie-tie-in.

http://appshopper.com/games/fruit-ninja-puss-in-boots-hd
http://appshopper.com/games/fruit-ninja-puss-in-boots

[quote name='crunchewy']Bike Baron came out last night and so far I'm enjoying it. A Trials-type game (ripoff?) that is quite well done. Not surprisingly I haven't come across much difficulty so far, but I'm not that far into it yet. Plus there's a level editor (which they used to make the levels) and you can share you levels with others. For 99 cents and universal, I'd say it's a solid buy.

http://appshopper.com/games/bike-baron[/QUOTE]

My first thought was this is more of a Joe Danger rip off than Trials.

That's like saying that some podunk version of pac-man is a variant on another podunk version of pac-man. Well, I suppose. Anyway, the game is fun for a while at least, and it's only a buck! I'll find out over time if it's got legs.

Anyone have an opinion on Reiner Knizia's latest release, Lines of Gold? I'm staring down a long weekend with the in-laws and I'm looking for something to do between rounds of family event schmoozing. I thought a Knizia puzzler might be more apropos than, say, Rage HD (which I'm also packing for the weekend).

I added a few codes for the song of the week (feist) and The Night Circus ebook on the spreadsheet. Unfortunately they didn't have any more monster codes heh.

[quote name='Dimsdale']Not a game, but this looked kinda interesting: Watch Me Change (full version) is currently available for FREE. This is supposed to be the ad-free version, so it might be worth the download.
"Watch Me Change allows you to create time lapse videos of family and friends faces change over time. Just take a photo everyday or so and then the app automatically arranges the photos into a short time lapse video."[/QUOTE]

Thanks! This sounds cool and is absolutely not what I thought it was going to be about based on the name.

[quote name='Alcedes']I added a few codes for the song of the week (feist) and The Night Circus ebook on the spreadsheet. Unfortunately they didn't have any more monster codes heh.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the codes, but it seems like it's a bait and switch. The code gives you 100 pages of the book and if you want to continue you still need to buy the book itself. Tricky Apple and Starbucks...

[quote name='ninjabenja']Thanks! This sounds cool and is absolutely not what I thought it was going to be about based on the name.[/QUOTE]

haha. I don't think they allow those kind of apps on the appstore?

[quote name='jjz203']Thanks for the codes, but it seems like it's a bait and switch. The code gives you 100 pages of the book and if you want to continue you still need to buy the book itself. Tricky Apple and Starbucks...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that was frustrating. Doesn't mention that explicitly anywhere on the card either. Once I found that out I couldn't delete that book quicker. That's also why I was wary when I saw the "Monster at the End of This Book" pick of the week. Was relieved to see they hadn't done it to us again...

[quote name='joebootoo']Yeah, that was frustrating. Doesn't mention that explicitly anywhere on the card either. Once I found that out I couldn't delete that book quicker. That's also why I was wary when I saw the "Monster at the End of This Book" pick of the week. Was relieved to see they hadn't done it to us again...[/QUOTE]

Along a related note... Does anyone notice a recent annoying tactics in versioning?

Game drops to free. You download it. Full version.
Then they update the app... and it notifies you of a new version with that pesky number on your App Store icon.
You proceed to update to remove the annoying notification icon only to be told that you are not eligible to upgrade....

I know I got the app for free and am not entitled to the new version by any means, but.... really? They are preying on the fact that many people get annoyed by the notification number and hope people will just buy the app to upgrade and remove the notification. SO ANNOYING.

Those apps are going off my phone as soon as i see that happening. Groove Coaster and Gamebook Adventure did this to me. Instead of buying the app, I delete them to remove my notification icon lol

[quote name='crunchewy']Bike Baron came out last night and so far I'm enjoying it. A Trials-type game (ripoff?) that is quite well done. Not surprisingly I haven't come across much difficulty so far, but I'm not that far into it yet. Plus there's a level editor (which they used to make the levels) and you can share you levels with others. For 99 cents and universal, I'd say it's a solid buy.

http://appshopper.com/games/bike-baron

[/QUOTE]

I just picked this up based on your recommendation. It reminds me of a cross between Trials and Joe Danger. I really like it, definitely worth a buck.

[quote name='XClaude']Along a related note... Does anyone notice a recent annoying tactics in versioning?

Then they update the app... and it notifies you of a new version with that pesky number on your App Store icon.
You proceed to update to remove the annoying notification icon only to be told that you are not eligible to upgrade....

I know I got the app for free and am not entitled to the new version by any means, but.... really? They are preying on the fact that many people get annoyed by the notification number and hope people will just buy the app to upgrade and remove the notification. SO ANNOYING.

Those apps are going off my phone as soon as i see that happening. Groove Coaster and Gamebook Adventure did this to me. Instead of buying the app, I delete them to remove my notification icon lol[/QUOTE]

What?! They're allowed to do this?!? I've never heard of anything like it. What is the exact message? How do they even know what you paid?

The ineligible to upgrade happens in iTunes?

[quote name='XClaude']Along a related note... Does anyone notice a recent annoying tactics in versioning?

Those apps are going off my phone as soon as i see that happening. Groove Coaster and Gamebook Adventure did this to me. Instead of buying the app, I delete them to remove my notification icon lol[/QUOTE]

According to Appshopper, neither of those games have ever been free. There is a Lite Version of Gamebook Adventures. Is this maybe what you have downloaded, rather than the full version? If you are having trouble updating these apps that you clearly must have paid for since you own them, I'd suggest you contact the developer or Apple themselves.

I own Groove Coaster and 5 of the 6 Gamebook Adventure apps and have never come across this problem personally.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's never happened to me and neither of those games have ever been free.

[quote name='joebootoo']According to Appshopper, neither of those games have ever been free. There is a Lite Version of Gamebook Adventures. Is this maybe what you have downloaded, rather than the full version? If you are having trouble updating these apps that you clearly must have paid for since you own them, I'd suggest you contact the developer or Apple themselves.

I own Groove Coaster and 5 of the 6 Gamebook Adventure apps and have never come across this problem personally.[/QUOTE]

I'll 2x when I get home. They were on my iPad. I hope its a mistake on my end. In any case they're deleted. :/

[quote name='tenchim86']Mage Gauntlet[/QUOTE]

I've been really enjoying this so far. It's like finding a new SNES RPG that you never played. I know a lot of games have tried for that, but this one really nailed it. And it's $2 for a limited time, at which point the price will go up, and if any of their previous games are an indication, will never have a sale again.

[quote name='kingtopher']I've been really enjoying this so far. It's like finding a new SNES RPG that you never played. I know a lot of games have tried for that, but this one really nailed it. And it's $2 for a limited time, at which point the price will go up, and if any of their previous games are an indication, will never have a sale again.[/QUOTE]

Man, I've been on an app buying spree lately. But you are right, they almost never drop their price after the initial release discount, so better to get it now.

Found a nice surprise today.

Went to read the November issue of EDGE and saw that they are celebrating the launch of Newstand by offering a free download of the October issue.

Doesn't say how long it'll be free though and it wasn't free a few days ago when I had dl'd the November issue

Remember you need access to the Newstand App

[quote name='RollingSkull']Get off that fence bro. It's pretty crappy. I regret dropping the $1 on it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the block, I can save that $1 for a game worth buying.

Not sure if anyone cares but ppl have figured out how to place the newsstand app in a folder. But from what I heard it causes the app to lock up if you try and use it.

[quote name='Shimrra']Thanks for the block, I can save that $1 for a game worth buying.

Not sure if anyone cares but ppl have figured out how to place the newsstand app in a folder. But from what I heard it causes the app to lock up if you try and use it.[/QUOTE]

Please share details. My OCD is killing me from this...

[quote name='guessed']Man, I've been on an app buying spree lately. But you are right, they almost never drop their price after the initial release discount, so better to get it now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you guys talked me into getting this one, I wish it was universal but at least it works on my 1rst gen touch, hopefully I have a slow day at work today to give it a try.

[quote name='synnarc']Please share details. My OCD is killing me from this...[/QUOTE]

• Drag one non-Newsstand app onto another non-Newsstand app. This will create a folder.
  • While the folder is being created and the little animation is being played out, immediately drag the Newsstand app onto this newly created folder. (It helps to have the apps you’re creating a folder from already close to wherever the Newsstand app is sitting. The trick is to get it in there before the new folder automatically expands on screen)
  • Bam! You’ve got a new folder, complete with the Newsstand app inside. So much room for activities!
Newsstand not only becomes completely non-functional when tucked into another folder, but it’ll actually make the homescreen freak out and quickly reset if you try to open it. Still, it’s better than having an icon you never use on your homescreen until the end of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back