iOS (iPhone, iPod, iPad) / Mac App Stores -- Ongoing Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Now with Wiki Editable Goodness!!

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions.

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

148 Apps
App Shopper iOS / App Shopper Mac
Free App Alert
Touch Arcade
Free App A Day

App & Game Review Sites

IGN Wireless
MacLife iPad
MacLife iPod/iPhone
Slide to Play
Touch Arcade
Touch Gen
TUAW Games

Free App offers from Developers
• Get a free copy of the Number Fill app for iOS by sending an email to [email protected] with subject "iOSApp:" (while supplies last).

YouTube Video Reviews

iPad Game Reviews
iPhone\iPod Touch Game Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center Exchange Thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

ITUNES GIFT CARD SALES
Gamestop: 6/8 to 6/14, $25 iTunes gift card for $20

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.

2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.

3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.

4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.

5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.

6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.

7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.

8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.

10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

11. Universal Apps have a small plus sign in the upper left corner next to their price. They can be played natively on both the iPad and iPod/iPhone. iPhone games that are not universal can still be played on the iPad with a lower resolution. Non universal iPad games cannot be played on the iPhone.

Recommended Games by Genre
Feel free to add games, genres or move titles as needed. This list is to give CAGs a chance to catch up on missed high-quality games and to get new users started on "can't miss" titles to download for their new idevice. Underlined titles are universal (ipad and iphone/ipod touch). Italic are iPad only.

Casual - Tiny Wings, Angry Birds, Doodle Jump, Fruit Ninja, Cut the Rope. World of Goo, Osmos, Bird Strike - GOLD EDITION, Parachute Ninja, Pilot Winds, Depict, Flight Control, Time Geeks: Find All!, Bird Zapper!, Tapper World Tour, Amazing Breaker
Shooter - Tilt to Live, Galaxy on Fire 2, Espgaluda II, Dodonpachi Resurrection, Space Miner: Space Ore Bust, Radiant, Warblade, MetalStorm: Online, Minotron 2112
F/TPS/Action - Shadowgun, N.O.V.A., N.O.V.A. 2, Infinity Blade, Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus, Dead Space, Shadow Guardian
Dual-Stick Shooter - Age of Zombies, Minigore, Solomon's Keep, Solomon's Boneyard
Action/Arcade - Jet Ball, Super Mega Worm, Zombie Highway, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Plunderland
Adventure - Super Brothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, Broken Sword: Director's Cut, Broken Sword - The Smoking Mirror Remastered, The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition, Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, Sam & Max Episode 1, Scarlett and the Spark of Life, Back to the Future Ep 1 HD, Back to the Future Ep 2 HD
Platformer - League of Evil, Mirror's Edge, Kami Retro, Pix'n Love Rush, Soosiz, Fastar!, Frogatto, Rolando, Rolando 2, Creepy Caverns, :Shift:, Robot Wants Kitty, Perfect Cell, Beyond Ynth, Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor, Hoggy, Edge
Endless Runner - Hook Champ, Super QuickHook, Hook Worlds, Monster Dash, Solipskier, Robot Unicorn Attack, Inspector Gadget's MAD Dash, Run Like Hell! Deluxe
Tower Defense - Plants vs. Zombies, Holy Moly Dragons, Defender Chronicles, iBomber Defense, The Creeps!, Geodefense, Geodefense Swarm, Epic War TD, Sentinel Mars Defense, Sentinel Earth Defense, Sentinel Homeworld, Guns'n'Glory, TowerMadness
RPG - Zenonia, Zenonia 2, Zenonia 3, Battleheart, Dungeon Hunter I & II, Across Age, Chaos Rings, Sacred Odyssey, Eternal Legacy, Secret of Mana (yes, that Secret of Mana :D), 100 Rogues
Puzzle - Azkend, Sparkle, Bejeweled 2, Dungeon Raid, Drop7, Puzzle Agent, Trainyard, Puzzle Quest 2, Crosslogic, bitFLIP, Love Battle Princess, Heroes of Kalevala, Antrim Escape 1/2
Card/Dice - Sword & Poker 1 & 2, World Series of Poker Hold'em Legend
Sim - Game Dev Story, Hot Springs Story, Sims: Ambitions
Strategy - Civilization Revolution, Trenches, Crystal War, Legendary Wars
Sports - NBA Jam, Backbreaker Football, Backbreaker 2, Flick Kick Field Goal
Fighting - Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters-i002
Racing - Asphalt 6, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Need for Speed: Shift, Real Racing 2, Reckless Racing, Disc Drivin', Jet Car Stunts, Death Rally, Tires of Fury
Time Management - My Kingdom for the Princess 1 & 2, Hotel Mogul, Airport Mania, Roads of Rome HD
Board Games -Small World, Carcassonne, Catan, Words With Friends, Reiner Knizia's Samurai, Neuroshima Hex
Trivia - MovieCat, You Don't Know Jack
Hidden Object - Little Things, Pictureka
Non-Game Essentials -
Appshopper, Atomic Web Browser, Stanza, CloudReaders, Flipbook, TuneIn Radio Pro, Dropbox, Air Video+, Evernote, Video Stream, mBox Mail, Genius Scan, Urban Spoon, Documents To Go Premium

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='o0achilles0o']I just added 40 How To Cook Everything codes to the spreadsheet and have lots more I'll be adding after these are gone. Go nuts.[/QUOTE]

I snagged one of the codes. Thank you!

[quote name='o0achilles0o']I just added 40 How To Cook Everything codes to the spreadsheet and have lots more I'll be adding after these are gone. Go nuts.[/QUOTE]

Damn I keep missing the How To Cook Everything codes. Hope I can snag one next time they update.

Thanks o0achilles0o for the spreadsheet!

EDIT: Finally got one. You guys rock!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='WarlordFDC']Damn I keep missing the How To Cook Everything codes. Hope I can snag one next time they update.

Thanks o0achilles0o for the spreadsheet![/QUOTE]

If you need one, PM me. I got you.

[quote name='anarchyburger']Just added 20 codes, that's all I have left. Get em while they're hot. Enjoy[/QUOTE]

Snagged one and marked it on the spreadsheet, thanks!

Put my name on the list for a how to cook everything code but it didn't work. Guess someone else must have taken it. Thanks anyway.

Here you all go, im in a good mood. Some jetpack Joyride codes.
H9X3PYF76F7E
P39TPMKPK97F
49EMP6J4HMXA
Please tell us if you use it, thanks :)

[quote name='Artrigis']Here you all go, im in a good mood. Some jetpack Joyride codes.
H9X3PYF76F7E
P39TPMKPK97F
49EMP6J4HMXA
Please tell us if you use it, thanks :)[/QUOTE]
All the codes appear to be used. Thanks folks for letting us know on the last 2... :roll:

Alien Space Retro is the new main FAAD game.
"The best space shooter in the App Store is now Retro! Inspired by classic arcade games, Alien Space Retro combines the best of old and new, bringing dual-stick shooter gameplay to a new level. Your mission: Pilot your ship into the heart of enemy space and destroy anything that gets in your way.
The challenge: Unlike other shooters where the best the enemy AI can do is to run into you, Alien Space Retro offers a wide variety of enemies wielding the same weapons available to you, and then some. Blasters, lasers, tractor beams, missiles, photon torpedos… they'll throw everything they can at you. Are you up to the task?"

For all you iPad solitaire players, Lab Solitaire (iPad only) has dropped to FREE for the first time.
"Lab Solitaire is a beautiful, photo-realistic version of the FreeCell solitaire card game (same game, different name). Unlike the more familiar Klondike, all cards in FreeCell are visible from the start of the deal. Almost all deals of FreeCell can be won if approached with strategy and foresight."

For all my musical brethren, JamKit + Pro Gear has dropped to FREE for the first time.
"JamKit + pro gear is JamKit plus the available Pro Gear in app purchase. It is the full JamKit experience including all of the premium features unlocked and fully included.
- Hone your drumming skills -
Refine your drumming rhythm and coordination by playing great challenges made by players across the world. You'll be amazed at how the simplest beats will completely baffle your fingertips, but after playing through just a few challenges you'll be in awe at how fast your skill and coordination develops!"

Another one for retro gaming fans, Super Bit Dash is currently available for FREE.
"NO CLUNKY D-PAD!
------------------------------------
SWIPE TO DASH!
DASH TO SURVIVE!
------------------------------------
Here are the game’s highlights:
*GAMECENTER and Openfeint achievements and leaderboards
*8-bit inspired art
*Intuitive Touch controls
*Easy to pick up and play, challenging to master
*Old School platforming action using swipes and taps - no clunky virtual d-pads.
*Two difficulty settings
*Randomly assembled levels - every time you play the game it stitches small levels together, combining the pleasure of carefully conceived level design with the surprise of randomly generated content.
*8-bit inspired soundtrack"

[quote name='Artrigis']Some Jetpack Joyride Codes
KTRRXRJ4NWFY
Let others know if you use it, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Got one, thanks!

I would like to suggest that we make a new thread in the deals section, because otherwise these will continue to get posted in the Ongoing Sales thread, for iOS freebie codes. There is a Freebies section where this stuff should be posted, but obviously having it there would just mean that everybody continues to post these things here so that won't work. This way everyone can have their cake and eat it too. Free codes readily available and all your "I used" and "Some lurker used" posts can have their day too, without mucking up the sales thread. Maybe worth a shot?

I think you can live with it. It's not really cluttering it up that much. If its really that bothersome just start searching appshopper or other places on your own.

[quote name='jjz203']The rather epic and awesome KungFu Warrior from Triniti interactive just dropped to free!! It's been on my wish list for a while. If you loved old-school Bruce Lee movies this is an easy recommendation. Get it while it's free!!! Sorry no direct link, I am on my iPhone.[/QUOTE]
http://appshopper.com/games/kungfu-warrior
Thanks for this, I think I am playing this more often then the Zombieville games I paid a dollar each for. It's been free for a few days so get it soon.

The just-released DynaStunts is already on sale for .99.
"DynaStunts is an exciting supercross game that gets you burn up the track and show off your motorbike stunts. Strap on your helmet and show off all your best tricks!
Pick your rider and lay rubber on while doing wild stunts, gathering DynaStars and trying to beat the clock. Feel the heart-pounding thrill of doing loops, wheelies and grabbing huge air, but don’t lose your head: one false move and you might hit the ground in a ball of fire!"

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']I'm at work and an unable to download KungFu Warrior and Super Crossfire HD (no wifi available). How long will these games be discounted?[/QUOTE]

Can you get a Starbucks or McDs, any place that is broadcasting a signal?

Thanks for the codes, miqspot. I tried one but it came up invalid. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but in any case, it didnt work. Thanks anyway.

Please Stay Calm is free for awhile (today at least).
Its basically like a mix of 4square and a zombie MMO, you go to local places to find supplies, build up where ever you are as your safe house, mini games about killing zombies.
an ambitious concept that is totally worth checking out for free, could be great if more people get into it.

Found a bunch of codes - help yourselves.
Momento
A4N3H4ALALLX

The Monster at the End of this Book
T6NWJYRAR73K
EMPMRALRATW3
7R3JJJYFMK6L
W4NLLTRETHPY
YYWA96MJJHJH

[quote name='darkjedi187']is super crossfire hd compatible with touch 4th gen?[/QUOTE]
Yes. I've got it loaded on both my phone and my touch. Fun game. I was never a huge Space Invaders fan but I really like Super Crossfire HD. Definitely worth a .99 download.

Anyone purchase Shantae: Risky's Revenge?

I played freemium a bit today and it was fun. Does it get better or is it pretty much just more of what I saw?

[quote name='miqspot']Just posted 4 more "How To Cook Everything" codes to the google doc.[/QUOTE]

Would love a code for "How to Cook Everything," if anyone has one, thanks! :)

I can't cook to save my life *sigh*.

Super Crossfire HD is awesome, especially on the iPad, but it's a lot of fun on the iPhone too. I prefer to have the Warp function be set to a button - I didn't like having it be set to tapping with (any) two fingers. Fortunately you can do that. The controls take a little getting use to, but then work well. Still, it makes me want an iCade (it has iCade support now).

I have Shantae on my DSi and I played it for a bit and then got tired of the wandering around not being sure where I was supposed to go. Just not my kind of game. I tried the iOS version and was initially fooled, but then wasn't. LOL. Fortunately before I bought it. Mind you, that's just me. Some people like these kinds of games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back