iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy SHit!

awesome, simple find, and Free!!!!

Crazy Dunker

989606_3.jpg
989606_4.jpg

[quote name='DtotheP']Music Catch is free right now. Pretty unique game, kinda relaxing.[/QUOTE]
Oh cool, I enjoyed playing the free flash game. DL'ing now.

Edit: so relaxing, you can multipoint touch and play which is nice and changes up the gameplay a little from the original flash version.

[quote name='ZForce915']Anyone want to recommend a free chess game? I see a bunch of them, but don't know which is worth my time?[/QUOTE]

Deep Green has had, pretty consistently, the best reviews that I have seen. It comes in a lite version. As far as I know the only difference between the lite and $8 version is that the lite version won't save or suspend your game.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']Holy SHit!

awesome, simple find, and Free!!!!

Crazy Dunker

989606_3.jpg
989606_4.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I can see why this got 1 star after 2 rounds you pretty much seen everything. The graphics, animation and sound are amazing but that is all there is to it.

[quote name='El Oh El']bought fling. considering i love katamari--is it worth it for the sale price?[/QUOTE]

Not IMO. The game runs pretty bad last time I fired it up on a 3G. And I hear even on the 3GS it doesn't run at "30fps". it's enough to ruin the experience for me. The game itself plays pretty darn decently though. If you're the kind of person that doesn't care if your game is smooth or not (< 30fps, more like 20 at best) then you may want to take a stab at it. I doubt it will get any cheaper.

awesome thread guys. Thanks for everyone posting tips. I upgraded my ipod touch for 5 bucks using a 10 buck gift card I had. And blew another 3 bucks of it on a few discounted games.

Levers is another new freebie(back up to $0.99) that is enjoyable. A nice physics diversion to be sure, but not necessarily something you'll keep on your iDevice forever.
I don't know if free is a temporary drop or permanent, but it's worth grabbing free while you can.

Also, Durak is on sale for $0.99
I've had this one on my watch list for awhile so I jumped. It's a pretty fun card game, and very well implemented and pretty easy to learn.
It's kind of like war, but with strategy instead of mindless flipping of cards.

[youtube]f7nBGjTnsbw[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they cut The Secret of Monkey Island's price in half on Itunes for the Ipod Touch/Iphone as well on Steam for the PC. The PC version is 4.99 as a "Steam Weekend Deal." I don't know how long the discount for the Ipod/Iphone version is going to be though.

Monkey Island is so awesome. I already bought it on XBLA, but for $3.99 I can't resist double-dipping on a portable version.

Dungeon Hunter by Gameloft released last night for $6.99. However, it seems to have been recently pulled from the Appstore. I bought it this morning and the game is simply amazing! It's basically Diablo on your phone. It definitely met and beat all my expectations. Surelyworth picking up when it comes back on the appstore.

First app I have paid full price for, btw.

GeoDefence Swarm is pretty fun. I loved GeoDefence and play it A LOT, probably my second most played game behind Real Soccer and GeoDefence Swarm is very good also. It isn't a "Path" tower of defence game anymore, you make the path you want the creeps to take with your towers. It is a lot of fun. I got Mevo when it was free and it is a good game. I like the music in the game but since my iphone is jailbroken and i run a lot of stuff, I have to play it in safe mode or else the game slows down.

has anybody else here played horror shmup Underground yet? it's an excellent game for old school shmup fans. the levels get better as you progress, and the tilt control option is somehow perfect for the game. the audio/visuals are top notch and the difficulty is just right for the hardcore iphone/ipod crowd. it's extremely polished and i highly recommend it to everyone here!

What the hell is supposed to be horror about Underground? Ha...

Anyways, bad news. The home button on my iPod has decided to quit working. It doesn't work with any button presses. I'm not impressed. I didn't want to have to buy one of the new iPod touches since it didn't come with a camera, but as my only manner of quitting any program now is to power down the system, I might just have to. Damn it...

[quote name='hollowfreak']

I don't know what scares me more the price or the fact that it calls itself horror ...

... I kept waiting for the guys in condemned to jump out at me.​
[/QUOTE]
Gameplay looks exactly like Aegis Wing on the 360.

[quote name='iowaholdem']What the hell is supposed to be horror about Underground? Ha...

Anyways, bad news. The home button on my iPod has decided to quit working. It doesn't work with any button presses. I'm not impressed. I didn't want to have to buy one of the new iPod touches since it didn't come with a camera, but as my only manner of quitting any program now is to power down the system, I might just have to. Damn it...[/QUOTE]

You could try mailing it in here first and see if its a cheap fix or not. You will be away from your touch for a few days though.

http://techrestore.com/xcart/product.php?productid=18111&cat=412&page=1

I had this happen to my 1st gen touch and I was able to fix it by restoring it thru iTunes (erasing and restoring the iPod OS + apps).

Can someone recommend me a word boggle type of game? I downloaded one of the free ones and it is really shitty, it allows made up words and doesn't even recognize real words.

@Kamelot: Bookworm, it will provide you hours and hours of entertainment. I got it a while back on sale but it is easily worth full price for te amount of enjoyment you'll get from it.

RE: Underground - the description makes it sound like there's some metastory involving a curse that sort of unravels as you play. It's probably a lot cooler in my mind than in actuality, but I'm still excited for the game just because of the design alone.

I'll still have to wait for a sale though, because excited or not, I'm a CAG veteran; I have a reputation to uphold.

[quote name='Kamelot']Can someone recommend me a word boggle type of game? I downloaded one of the free ones and it is really shitty, it allows made up words and doesn't even recognize real words.[/QUOTE]

You can try Wordfu as well. It's a pretty fun game.

Maybe it's just me, but that Underground game looks awful. They didn't even bother to animate the ship and enemies - they're just static images that slide around on the screen. Maybe it's fun, but visually it looks like it was slapped together in a few days, or perhaps they just spent all their time on the cut scenes and not so much on the game.

[quote name='Kamelot']Can someone recommend me a word boggle type of game? I downloaded one of the free ones and it is really shitty, it allows made up words and doesn't even recognize real words.[/QUOTE]

While I've never regretted my BookWorm purchase, honestly, Word Ace, FTW.

Boggle + Poker + Online Play + Free = EPIC WIN.

I can't even begin to convey how bad the idea sounds, and yet how amazing the execution is. It's insanity.

Also, I think someone from self-aware games is a CAG-er, so you have to respect that.

Krazy Kart Racers is 2.99
Ms. Pac Man is 2.99
Both episodes of Reign of Swords are 99 cents each

Hybrid: Eternal Whisper is now available at 5.99

I'll have to get the kart racer this weekend.

Something weird happened, I noticed my Zombieville game was gone. I never deleted it so I redownloaded, and it was a pretty big update (melée weapons added). It's just weird it deleted itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back