iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eugh, I paid full price for MGS Touch.

It isn't even as good as Wild West Guns, but it is a nice ride all the same, with only a fraction of the IQ drain of MGS4's ACTUAL shaq-fuingly retarded plot. For 99 cents though, get on that like a fat guy on pizza.

Ghosts and Goblins is $2.99 I think now as a release deal. I wouldn't call it exactly worth the price but if you have a GnG shaped hole in your life, you could do worse.

Watching for drops on Catan (Catan vs. AIs is better than solitaire.) and Rot3K Touch ($10? HA HA OH WOW.)

I liked the lite version of MGS Touch but not enough to pay full price for it. $0.99 is worth it though. I also downloaded DDR. Silent Scope looked cool but the reviews say the controls are horrible.

OMG...when is that Cataban or whatever gonna drop..the Mirror's Edge looking game with the little black and white pixels...

seriously...any chance of a .99 sale?

[quote name='jcp42877']OMG...when is that Cataban or whatever gonna drop..the Mirror's Edge looking game with the little black and white pixels...

seriously...any chance of a .99 sale?[/QUOTE]

srsly just spend the money. It's the one game I play the most on my touch, and I feel good knowing it's going to a group of indies.

Payed $2.99 for MGS Touch and have enjoyed it for the most part. There are a couple of levels that are head-bangingly stupid, but overall it's pretty fun. Well worth $0.99.

Canabalt is worth the price. You will end up playing it a lot. Yes it's a simple game, but it's slick as hell and a pretty ideal game for those just-need-to-kill-a-few-minutes times. Actually, you'll play it a lot more then just those times. It's addictive.

One thing I hope they'll add is OpenFeint or Plus+, though. That would be better then the Twitter feature it has.

Jet Car Stunts is a bit frustrating IMHO. It's well done and I am playing it (for now), but games like this where you are always falling off the edge get frustrating, and this one gets pretty tough pretty quick. I will give it credit for having checkpoints, though. That makes it more manageable, but still it's a bit too much on the frustrating side for me. Others obvious love it, so YMMV.

MGS Touch is a must have at $.99 The reviews complained that all it is, is a "shooting gallery with a MGS skin", and I can see why it would be a disappointment at it's original asking price. But let me rephrase that: It's a fun little shooting gallery with a MGS skin! And it's only $.99!

By the way concerning the Konami sale, there are lite versions of MGS Touch and Krazy Kart Racing. I don't see any lite versions of anything else unfortunately. Any one try out Power Touch Pros? Or can anyone recommend one DDR game over the other? I really liked the Dreamcast version of Silent Scope. This one "faithfully reproduces the action and excitement from the classic arcade version." I wonder if it's a port or if it's scaled down.

Just tried Krazy Kart Racing Lite. Not bad for a Mario Kart clone. Even has local multiplayer. It's tempting. All of these Konami games are tempting.

Found these. I know it's ign... groan. But better than nothing.
http://wireless.ign.com/articles/942/942102p1.html
http://wireless.ign.com/articles/976/976046p1.html
http://wireless.ign.com/articles/964/964120p1.html
http://wireless.ign.com/articles/100/1006343p1.html
http://wireless.ign.com/articles/704/704771p1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot see any version of reality where Canabalt is worth even a fraction of Run! I was bored well before I died in the flash version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back