iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Radio Flare is free this weekend. It's like a shmup with emphasis on trace/touch controls and it's open feint enabled. Pretty fun from my little playtime

[quote name='Ronin317'] Also...I just grabbed the Mozilla-powered SongBird, and the ipod plugin for it. GOnna try it out since I loathe iTunes...[/QUOTE]

Last I looked at it a couple of months ago (for much the same reason), it was not iPhone or iPod Touch compatible as of yet. I also found the user interface to be extremely clunky. Uninstalled it about 30 minutes after installing it.

[quote name='mkernan']Yeah, I've been really happy with it. Side note: if you mark a file as a 'favorite' on the iPhone app, it actually will save it to the phone so that you can access it quickly (even when you have no connection).

Thanks for signing up. Setting up a referral train seems like a good idea. I'm just about done, so I don't really need to get in on it though. I can edit my post and put in your referral link to get you started, if you want. Not sure how much it'll help now since its a couple pages back now.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Didn't seem like many were interested but I'll just toss mine out there in case anyone is. Bonus 250MB storage for signing up under the following link:

https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTIyNDAyMzI5

I don't recall seeing this but Galcon Labs is out now and on an introductory $.99 sale. Apparently it's like Risk, in space. Nice graphics

[quote name='Malik112099']Word Ace + Anagrammer.com = addiction

yeah, i che....get help, whats it to ya!??!?![/QUOTE]

It ruins the game for everyone else. And you'll get banned. Please stop doing it. If you want to play poker, where your hand strength is computed automatically, just go play poker.

Thanks.
seppo

I think a price drop is about to happen on Toki Tori. The description is saying that's it's on sale for 60% off which should put it at $1.99. The price isn't discounted yet, but with the weird way in which the app store handles sales I'm pretty sure the price will drop soon. Stay tuned...

[quote name='helava']It ruins the game for everyone else. And you'll get banned. Please stop doing it. If you want to play poker, where your hand strength is computed automatically, just go play poker.

Thanks.
seppo[/QUOTE]

How the fuck would I get banned? I am not tampering with or modifying anything. Trust me, I don't always win. It seems a LOT of people do it. Stop crying.

[quote name='DM7000']Hook Me is a pretty fun time waster. I recommend it.[/QUOTE]
Looks like another clone of Harbor Master/Air Control, and if you don't already own both, more fool you.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Looks like another clone of Harbor Master/Air Control, and if you don't already own both, more fool you.[/QUOTE]

I only got my iPod Touch yesterday so I really dont know much. And I don't got money to spend on apps but I'll look into those.

[quote name='DM7000']I only got my iPod Touch yesterday so I really dont know much. And I don't got money to spend on apps but I'll look into those.[/QUOTE]
The must haves are definitely those and Rolando. There are probably a couple of more, but those are some of the best the system has to offer. Don't more more than one dollar for Flight Control or Harbor Master though. They're kinda the same game, to boot so if you want to save, you only need one. But they're both good and different so your call which. Rolando 1 is $3 or so and is worth every penny.

Quest of Knights Onrush is free and spectacular. Two different games there, a light Castle Crashers style game and a demo of Knights Onrush, which is Defend Your Castle only better and without 20 minutes of boring before the game actually challenges your finger.

[quote name='DM7000']I only got my iPod Touch yesterday so I really dont know much. And I don't got money to spend on apps but I'll look into those.[/QUOTE]

Well, for the record my wife likes Hook Me and she has some other games like Air Control. I saw it earlier but still a good recommendation considering it is free.

Honestly, you will miss out on some really good games if you focus on the games that go on sale for free (or were free to begin with), but you'll probably still end up with more games than you have time to play them. Just for example, from following this thread (and keeping a eye on PandoraBox myself) I've added Buggle, Blue Block, Sevens, Topple2+, Prairie Chute, mevo, Radio Flare and Hook Me recently. Not all great games or necessarily worth keeping but most certainly worth trying out and comparable to paid apps. Don't let anyone tell you that you just have to buy a game for the Touch. From my experience almost none of the games give a console level gaming experience so if you want to stick with the free apps and do a little searching you'll have quite a few fun games after a little while.

[quote name='Malik112099']How the fuck would I get banned? I am not tampering with or modifying anything. Trust me, I don't always win. It seems a LOT of people do it. Stop crying.[/QUOTE]

or a lot of people are just smarter than you. one or the other...

when someone consistently comes up with huge obscure words it's pretty easy to tell that they are cheating. and yes, that's what it is. it's fine IMHO to do this against bots, but against other people it's cheating.

[quote name='Malik112099']How the fuck would I get banned? I am not tampering with or modifying anything. Trust me, I don't always win. It seems a LOT of people do it. Stop crying.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're a jerk. Seriously if you CHEAT at video games against other players you suck. Suck hard.

Didn't see this game posted. IGN gave Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem an 8.8/10 and it looks really good. It's $3 now, normal price will be $5. Based on a DS game. Lite version available.

robocalypse-mobile-mayhem-20090827102835511_640w_1254506326.jpg

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/103/1030874p1.html

Just got an iPod Touch, and I've bought Zenonia, Alive 4 Ever, Star Defense, Spore, and Knights OnRush, and I've downloaded a ton of free games and demos, so I'm probably going to hold off on this. Looks good though, hopefully it hits $0.99 eventually, that would make me grab it. Zenonia is the only thing I've been willing to pay more than $0.99 for so far.

I haven't played games on the iPod Touch very much so far (mostly just been using the browser actually), but the one I've played the most is GeoFighter, which was recently made free. I'm a Geometry Wars addict, so playing this knockoff has been really fun.

Don't always win, eh? Post your friend code. Let's see how you play.

seppo

[quote name='Malik112099']Word ace friend code: 63524[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Much appreciated. Now, I'll simply ask you to play fairly. If we see you continue to cheat (and we can observe every hand you play), you'll be banned.

Cheers.
seppo

[quote name='helava']Thanks. Much appreciated. Now, I'll simply ask you to play fairly. If we see you continue to cheat (and we can observe every hand you play), you'll be banned.

Cheers.
seppo[/QUOTE]

Haha, you're one of the guys who worked on Word Ace, right? That is justice!

well damn now I wanna try out word ace - I've been too busy with tower defense games to bother with anything else - but with all this huffing and puffing going on I'm gonna try it out tomorrow if I get a chance.

[quote name='helava']Thanks. Much appreciated. Now, I'll simply ask you to play fairly. If we see you continue to cheat (and we can observe every hand you play), you'll be banned.

Cheers.
seppo[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the friend request. Let the games begin. :cool:

Cheers.
seppo[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Sorry to go off topic. But Hook me is terrible. I lost interest About 5 seconds after the game started. I tried to like it I tried playing it a bit longer but it just got worse. Deleted!

[quote name='Hostile']Opinions on Harbor Master if you enjoyed Flight Control?[/QUOTE]
I have Flight Control, Sea Captain and Harbor Master and Harbor Master is my favorite of the three. I like the simplicity of Flight Control, but Harbor Master has more staying power because it has slightly more complexity.

Although if there have been updates even vaguely recently, my opinions are probably not as up to date as they could be.

Edit: Going a page or two back, thanks for the heads up on Galcon Labs. I enjoy Galcon and the new modes sounded intriguing enough. Obviously, I'd rather they be part of what I've already bought, but not gonna fuss over it.

[quote name='Hostile']Opinions on Harbor Master if you enjoyed Flight Control?[/QUOTE]
Harbor Master is a meatier package and there's definitely room on your Iphone for both (I bought FC after HM and am not disappointed.). HM does desperately need FC's fast forward button though.

Simply because of the FF, I tend to play FC more.

Borrowed from SD:

For those people who have kids, this game "Kids vs. Zombies" is for you. It's a zombie game, and it's really good (zombie killers:cool: ). The original price of this game was $3, but it's free right now. So check it out and if you feel like it, please let us know.

Here's the (appshopper) link: http://appshopper.com/games/kids-vs-zombies

[quote name='guessed']Borrowed from SD:

For those people who have kids, this game "Kids vs. Zombies" is for you. It's a zombie game, and it's really good (zombie killers:cool: ). The original price of this game was $3, but it's free right now. So check it out and if you feel like it, please let us know.

Here's the (appshopper) link: http://appshopper.com/games/kids-vs-zombies[/QUOTE]

I got this a while ago and played through it. I can vouch that this game is a solid little title. Nothing mind-blowing, but a fun time and worth a download.

Cheers.
seppo[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

Cheers.
seppo[/QUOTE]

arguably the finest moment in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back