iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nodoubt']My latest release, ZombieTown came out last week.
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=315705734&mt=8

Yes, it's inspired by Zombieville.. There's a major update coming up that will improve gameplay. Lite version will come out at that time. There's a thread over at toucharcade if you want to read up on it.

update1.png

update2.png
[/QUOTE]
hey that looks like the dish washer on the xbo 360!!! haha :p

[quote name='BouncingSoul']If Zenonia is all it's made out to be, then $5.99 sounds like a good price. I mean that's the price of a sandwich.[/QUOTE]

Its pretty good. Only thing about I'm not liking so far is the d-pad control on the screen. Wish it was just touch and go. Also have some issues with touch recognition, but that may just be my fingers and not the game. Overall, pretty fun and reminds me of Secret of Mana/Zelda (a link to the past)

Anyone who's played them, which would be most worth the buy?:

Resident Evil: Degeneration
NFS Undercover
Zenonia
Arvale 2

or should i just save for future apps ala Sims 3, etc.?

I only have $12.50 in itunes credit and I'd like to make it count

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Is there a Tetris Attack/Planet Puzzle League style game on the iPod Touch?[/QUOTE]

Aurora Feint, perhaps?

seppo

[quote name='craven_fiend']Its pretty good. Only thing about I'm not liking so far is the d-pad control on the screen. Wish it was just touch and go. Also have some issues with touch recognition, but that may just be my fingers and not the game. Overall, pretty fun and reminds me of Secret of Mana/Zelda (a link to the past)[/QUOTE]

I've been enjoying Zenonia too, but also have problems with the d-pad. I don't think it's just us. :)

Doubtful, I really hope they do a release on DS or PSP sometime down the line. This game would be awesome with a real gamepad.

[quote name='zohar']I've been enjoying Zenonia too, but also have problems with the d-pad. I don't think it's just us. :)

Doubtful, I really hope they do a release on DS or PSP sometime down the line. This game would be awesome with a real gamepad.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's going to be fixed. Glad it's not just me. Would me nice on a handheld, not sure if it will. I hate trying to use quick items or spells and not working. Cost me in a few fights.

[quote name='Master Shake']Sky Burger is free for just today.[/QUOTE]:lol: Figures! I just bought it yesterday. At least I picked up Scoops for free a while back (same developer).

[quote name='Ski Hawk']Is there a Tetris Attack/Planet Puzzle League style game on the iPod Touch?[/QUOTE]

Thats exactly what Ive been waiting for. I'd recommend Drop7 though in the meantime.

peggle is driving me fucking nuts! I am on the last of the 3 level duels and the fucking computer ALWAYS seems to get 50k+ points at the end to beat me....

Stoneloops! went up to 1.99. Oh well - I was going to get it today too... What a difference a dollar makes when your a cheapassgamer!

[quote name='bordjon']Stoneloops! went up to 1.99. Oh well - I was going to get it today too... What a difference a dollar makes when your a cheapassgamer![/QUOTE]

really though man...i was seriously considering Top Gun for $2.99, but after constant procrastination of buying it then seeing it have gone to $3.99, i was like "WOAH!! now way..."

:lol:

[quote name='blk00civicsi']World War is free through 5/31. Usually goes for $4.99[/QUOTE]

ALL of those copy-cat cookie-cutter "MMORPG" games on the iPhone say they're free for a short time.

Just watch. When 6/1 comes, it'll still be free, until 6/5 or something.

They never charge, because they want you to buy points in game.

Just a respectful heads up.

Thanks for the heads up on Sky Burger! Got it on mine and my wife's Ipods. It's great for my little ones too. They just keep stacking, not caring if they 'win' or not.

Anyone try Light Wars? It's a pretty good Geometry Wars clone that costs only .99 cents. The controls seem to be a little over sensitive but they're ok once you get used to them. I don't like the way you throw bombs, you have to shake the iphone, seems a little odd to me.

Hmmm.... might grab Stoneloops, thanks :D

Light Wars is as addictive as Geometry Wars was, I'm #18 globably now hehe.

Dang, when are all the GOOD price drops gonna happen lol?

I'm waiting for :

Myst
Resident Evil
Arvale 2
Zenonia
etc.....

they take too long to drop haha

Wow, I remember Rio de Carnival for the DS. I never thought they would bring a version of it over to the US.

EDIT: For some reason it doesn't work with gen 1 iPod touches. I didn't even know that was possible. Guess I'll check to see if apps are compatible with my iPod next time so I don't waste more than a dollar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sky Burger is definitely better then Scoops, but I'm glad I got it for free - Scoops didn't hold my attention long and neither does Sky Burger, though there is more to it. Nice online leader board feature. I actually find that developers odd little free (always free) game "Kyper" to be much more addicting, however I can see that it might not be for everyone. It is a simple concept but a huge advantage it has over Scoops/Sky Burger is that the game goes very quickly - Scoops and Sky Burger both go on way too long and I usually get bored with them before my game is over. Kyper has that "one more time" aspect that, for me at least, is missing from Scoops/Sky Burger.

picked up stoneloops! yesterday - played for a couple hours last night. FUN! If you like Zuma or haven't ever tried one of these type games - this is a great one and cheap at .99 - that's my weak-price-point - I'll buy just about anything at that price. I just really wish brushes would drop to that but I worry it won't - oh well here's for hoping...

Picked up Car Jack Streets for 99 cents on Saturday (appears to be back up to $2.99 now). The game worked exactly once for me. Since then, the title screen comes up way off-center and turned sideways, with the rest of the screen blank. The title music plays, but no amount of touching anywhere on the screen will make it do anything. I've tried rebooting the phone several times now, as well as syncing it, with no luck. Anyone else had trouble with this one?

I got both of the Touch physics games when i first got my iphone. Wish they would discount them or come out with updated levels

[quote name='arcane93']Picked up Car Jack Streets for 99 cents on Saturday (appears to be back up to $2.99 now). The game worked exactly once for me. Since then, the title screen comes up way off-center and turned sideways, with the rest of the screen blank. The title music plays, but no amount of touching anywhere on the screen will make it do anything. I've tried rebooting the phone several times now, as well as syncing it, with no luck. Anyone else had trouble with this one?[/QUOTE]

It did that to me once, but I could see all the menu items stacked in the bottom right corner, i just kept pressing on that and it eventually crashed and fixed itself.

[quote name='Bretters']It did that to me once, but I could see all the menu items stacked in the bottom right corner, i just kept pressing on that and it eventually crashed and fixed itself.[/QUOTE]

Hm, nope, I'm not seeing the menu items, and pressing the screen doesn't do anything. Guess I'm probably going to have to contact the developers.

[quote name='arcane93']Hm, nope, I'm not seeing the menu items, and pressing the screen doesn't do anything. Guess I'm probably going to have to contact the developers.[/QUOTE]

Delete it off your phone and delete it out of itunes and redownload a fresh version. Then sync. Should fix it for you...

It's usually a good idea to restart the iPhone after installing apps. Usually makes sure it won't run into memory leaks or other problems.

The Creeps! is on sale for $0.99 Thought about it, but there's no free version to try first and I already have a few tower defense games to play.

[quote name='jcp42877']Dang, when are all the GOOD price drops gonna happen lol?

I'm waiting for :

Myst
Resident Evil
Arvale 2
Zenonia
etc.....

they take too long to drop haha[/QUOTE]

Well Zenonia just came out a few days ago. But yeah, that one looks so good. I wish it had a lite version, as I'd like to make sure the controls work okay for me before buying.

[quote name='wubb']Well Zenonia just came out a few days ago. But yeah, that one looks so good. I wish it had a lite version, as I'd like to make sure the controls work okay for me before buying.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's why there's no demo yet. :) I hear that the controls aren't so hot. However, reportedly the developer has been good about making their games better and better. Still, I'll wait for it to be better and by then it might be cheaper too.

EDIT: and speaking of making a game better... when are we going to get that Peggle update with music?

[quote name='Malik112099']Anyone try out Sims 3 yet? I will play it a little later when I have more time to try it out.[/QUOTE]

I got it, and it crashes more than any app I have ever played. The little I have played was fun, but I am not sure how this app made it on the store in the condition it is in. Maybe it is just me though...

[quote name='mrchubbard']I got it, and it crashes more than any app I have ever played. The little I have played was fun, but I am not sure how this app made it on the store in the condition it is in. Maybe it is just me though...[/QUOTE]

Did you reset your phone after installing? I am not having any of those problems.

[quote name='dskillzhtown']Did you reset your phone after installing? I am not having any of those problems.[/QUOTE]

After a couple of resets and a new download it seems to be working much better. (only one crash in about an hour of play). This game does give me my mini sims fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back