iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Real Soccer 09 but havn't tried it out yet. Matter of fact I haven't played a lot of those games I have been getting just because they are .99 cents. Glad you guys liked those Rolando codes. I will try to get more either today or tomorrow since none but me seems to be taking them from my BB.

It might have been mentioned in an earlier post, but PandoraBox is really the way to go for checking out price drops, freeware, etc. The advantage it has over Bargain bin is that you can also save games that you want to follow for price drops in a "favorite" area, so you can quickly check if the price has changed.

I have just recently got the iPhone, and find that the price drops / freeware is so huge that posting here, or following here really does not keep up very well, although this is the thread that I started with.

F.A.S.T is down to $3.99, and Fast and Furious is down to $1.99 - both top reviewed games.

Knights OnRush is on sale for 99cents this weekend. It plays like a brutally hard Defend your Castle, where each Mage spell is a minigame flick movement to fire (guns or fireballs). Read help to see what I mean. :)

Not trying to shill these sites but appshopper.com and toucharcade.com are pretty good for keeping up to date on app store games too.

Now that Hero of Sparta is down to 99cents I wonder if they will drop Brothers in Arms next? I've been waiting on a price drop for it.

Annie's Wild Shot (by Tecmo) is $.99 cents until July 9th. It's pretty damn good - an old school shooting gallery type game. Almost makes me wish the iPhone had an NES light gun.

Shibaraski - There are so many apps out there, it isn't even funny. Kind of like having a person with a PC or MAC asking what's good... There are hundreds if not thousands of good items. For Game related - go to toucharcade - they are probably the busiest forums around. SlidetoPlay is a good review site. General Sites - I believe also mentioned on the first post of this thread are 148 Apps, App Craver, Art of the iPhone, Whats on iPhone are some others. Price changes are best followed by App Shopper on the PC and PandoraBox and/or Bargain Bin on your iPhone.

I just got my first iPhone 1 week ago, and have already used all 11 pages of springboard...

So far my top picks would go to Touch Grind and Eliss, but there's so much out there just go with whatever genre you like, but read up on reviews before purchasing since there's alot more shit than good stuff on there.

Downloaded Knights on rush. Loving these 99 cents sales. Also picked up Hero of Sparta which is a decry looking God of War-type game.

DOOM Resurrection was released for $9.99. For a FPS on the iPhone it looks pretty good. I just wonder how the controls are. As always I'd wait for a drop in a few weeks since devs seem to like discounting their games after the initial hype is over.

[quote name='107proof']anyone try warpack grunts? its new from freeverse and only $0.99[/QUOTE]

I picked it up and only played it for a few minutes. It's a cool game in concept, but right now, it's a bit glitchy. For example, it constantly resets your volume controls throughout the game. The basic gameplay mechanic of leading the troops around with your finger works, but also obscures the playfield a lot.

As I said, only played it for a few minutes. It feels like it needs an update.

However, at 99cents, it's probably worth checking out, especially if you're a Cannon Fodder fan. Some really, really pretty explosions too.

[quote name='Codemaster']DOOM Resurrection was released for $9.99. For a FPS on the iPhone it looks pretty good. I just wonder how the controls are. As always I'd wait for a drop in a few weeks since devs seem to like discounting their games after the initial hype is over.[/QUOTE]

Looks pretty good from what I seen in screenshots. But yeah, being a CAG, my ideal price would be $5

[quote name='Codemaster']DOOM Resurrection was released for $9.99. For a FPS on the iPhone it looks pretty good. I just wonder how the controls are. As always I'd wait for a drop in a few weeks since devs seem to like discounting their games after the initial hype is over.[/QUOTE]

After playing for like 15min it plays ok but not great. You only have control over the crosshair, so it feels like a FPS on rails..:roll:

Tecmo releases another excellent game at the awesome introductory price of $0.99 --- Annie's Wild Shot. Kinda like those lightgun arcade games. I can only imagine that the yet unannounced game is gonna be another lightgun arcade game, if the Rio Blackjack, and its followup DOA Blackjack ~ Kasumi is any indication. Great game, very addictive.

Wargrunts problem:

I never upgraded to 3.0, so it isn't compatible with my touch. Is there any way to get a refund, or any talks of the developer patching it to my 2nd gen ipod touch? I am not paying $9.99 for an upgrade I don't need.

Anyone have an opinion on what the best (if any good ones at all) RPGs are on iPhone? I just upgraded my phone to the 16gb, don't have any yet.

[quote name='Darrith']Anyone have an opinion on what the best (if any good ones at all) RPGs are on iPhone? I just upgraded my phone to the 16gb, don't have any yet.[/QUOTE]

There aren't many good ones. Zenonia is probably the best, but even then it is a pretty shallow game (but it's fun).

[quote name='Darrith']Anyone have an opinion on what the best (if any good ones at all) RPGs are on iPhone? I just upgraded my phone to the 16gb, don't have any yet.[/QUOTE]

all you'll hear is Zenonia...

[quote name='powersurge']Toki Tori was worth it at $5 and anyone who likes puzzle games or platformers would be silly not to snag this at 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

I second this. Great game..especially for 99 cents!

Hopefully someone is online that can answer this because I'm not sure.

My girlfriend has an App Store $15 Giftcard. I guess you can't enter the code straight on your iPhone and have to do it through a computer. She wanted to do it over here, but I don't know how apps and all that work.

I'm skeptical because I know you can only have one iTunes library for all your music, and I don't want it to be the same with her Apps, and only have them work when she's sync'd to my library, rather than the one at her home. I'm not sure if you can just enter the code and have a credit added to your account, and then just buy the Apps from the iPhone or what.

I guess my question is how the card works, haha. Thanks for any help

[quote name='jcp42877']all you'll hear is Zenonia...[/QUOTE]

Isn't Vay supposed to be good? It's like a Sega CD port or something... I've heard good reviews....

[quote name='lolwut?']Hopefully someone is online that can answer this because I'm not sure.

My girlfriend has an App Store $15 Giftcard. I guess you can't enter the code straight on your iPhone and have to do it through a computer. She wanted to do it over here, but I don't know how apps and all that work.

I'm skeptical because I know you can only have one iTunes library for all your music, and I don't want it to be the same with her Apps, and only have them work when she's sync'd to my library, rather than the one at her home. I'm not sure if you can just enter the code and have a credit added to your account, and then just buy the Apps from the iPhone or what.

I guess my question is how the card works, haha. Thanks for any help[/QUOTE]

she can use your computer just have her log into the itunes store, once she is logged in she can enter her gift card. and her credit will follow her account. so when she goes back home or wherever as long as she logs into itunes as her userid then she will have that credit. Just besure you log her out of your computer when she is done so you dont accidently buy something using her credit.

Hope this helps.

[quote name='107proof']she can use your computer just have her log into the itunes store, once she is logged in she can enter her gift card. and her credit will follow her account. so when she goes back home or wherever as long as she logs into itunes as her userid then she will have that credit. Just besure you log her out of your computer when she is done so you dont accidently buy something using her credit.

Hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Alright, so it's similar to say, a PSN wallet? I'ma go test it out now. Thanks for your help!

[quote name='iowaholdem']Your girlfriend can redeem her gift card on her iPhone. Just go to the iTunes Store and click the redeem button in there.[/QUOTE]

She said she knew that, but I guess you need Wifi to redeem it. She has no wireless internet :cry:

But she does have her Bejeweled 2 now, so she's a happy camper :lol:

[quote name='lolwut?']Hopefully someone is online that can answer this because I'm not sure.

I guess my question is how the card works, haha. Thanks for any help[/QUOTE]

I just created a new User Account in windows for mine, so she can sign in and have access to her own crap and sync it.

[quote name='lolwut?']She said she knew that, but I guess you need Wifi to redeem it. She has no wireless internet :cry:

But she does have her Bejeweled 2 now, so she's a happy camper :lol:[/QUOTE]

you could just find a wi-fi hotspot and redeem it there.

Toki Tori is on sale for $.99 and is a great little game. I remember playing it on the gameboy way back in the day and loving now with updated graphics it's even better.
You can also try out the lite version if you're on the fence about it but it's a great game.

Radio Flare is now on sale for a buck, and it's quite good—it's like a 2-D Rez, if you've ever played the awesomeness that is Rez.

And yes, Toki Tori is really good. I've worked through the first 10 levels and it's a great puzzle-platforming game.

yeah just picked up toki tori yesterday. played the lite and had to buy for .99. great looking game and very fun. one of the best looking games i've played so far.

Just bought Toki Tori as well. I am on the fence about Real Soccer 2009.

Has anyone here played SketchDungeon? It looks good at 99 cents.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']Columns is supposed to be free later today. Sega is giving it away for the 4th of July weekend.[/QUOTE]

fuck yes. I'll have to have my girlfriend download that

I need to play more flower sun and rain, but last night I pretty much got to the end of Riddick: Athena in one sit through. Gotta finish it tonight after video work so I can senfd it to GF tomorrow.

But Monster Hunter fuck U has been eating most my time... I forgot how addicting this game can be.

So I've gone app crazy, picked up the following:

Hero of Sparta . 99
Toki Tori . 99
Grunts .99
Flight Control .99
UniWar .99
Real Soccer 09 .99
Annie's Wild SHot . 99
F.A.S.T 1.99

$9 for eight solid games, that's some real CAG shopping right there.

Thinking of getting Let's Golf and Fast and Furious for 1.99 each.

Also, anyone recommend De Blob? I really liked the Wii version but am finding mixed reviews on the iphone game, are they justified?

Thanks for all the tips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Word Catcher is free for the week. Its a tetris/scrabble/wordtris clone. Not too much to it, but free, so you can't beat it.

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']nice!

F.A.S.T. is on sale for $1.99 for the weekend!

80% off damn.

I don't like dogfight games but I hear this one is really good.[/QUOTE]
Interesting, I went to grab FAST for 1.99 and the App store is showing it at 3.99 and it says 60% off. I'll try again in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back