iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='crewj']just picked up "the battle of pirate bay"!

99 cents love!

awesome game![/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip! Just picked this up.:D

[quote name='bryan_05']Not on my phone[/QUOTE]

Nor mine :(

I wish I had checked out this topic sooner. Thanks for the heads up, guys. Now I've got PandoraBox downloaded, and I purchased Toki Tori and Annie's Wild Shot

Has anyone tried Stand O' Food? It looks decent enough, and is also 99 cents right now.

[quote name='killias2']This still isn't free. I live in the US.. why isn't it free here yet?[/QUOTE]

Blame the Economy and Global Warming.

[quote name='killias2']This still isn't free. I live in the US.. why isn't it free here yet?[/QUOTE]

It's suppose to go on sale midnight tonight for the 4th of july. I doubt you'll see it for free before then.

[quote name='Ronin317']Tatomic is free on the Appstore today. Nice little tetris/lumines hybrid with colored atoms. I'm enjoying it so far...[/QUOTE]

Picked it up, cool visual style, thanks for the tip.

[quote name='Ronin317']Tatomic is free on the Appstore today. Nice little tetris/lumines hybrid with colored atoms. I'm enjoying it so far...[/QUOTE]
Enjoying this one. Thanks for the heads up.

SEGA Columns Deluxe should be free soon. It shows up as FREE in the search results, but on the info page itself it still says $1.99. So most likely it is in the modification process right now.

[quote name='LeaveMeAlone9375']SEGA Columns Deluxe should be free soon. It shows up as FREE in the search results, but on the info page itself it still says $1.99. So most likely it is in the modification process right now.[/QUOTE]

It's free now, and I just downloaded it.

[quote name='DietPoopSoda']It's free now, and I just downloaded it.[/QUOTE]

I don't get why it still says $1.99 for me....oh well, I'll check back later.

[quote name='Ronin317'] Tatomic is free on the Appstore today. Nice little tetris/lumines hybrid with colored atoms. I'm enjoying it so far...[/QUOTE]

I'm enjoying this as well...thanks for letting us know. Been playing this and Toki Tori today...I really didn't think I would game this much on my iPhone.

I followed a link that someone posted on twitter and it sent me to an itunes page that allowed me to download it for free...but it is still $1.99 if i go to the app store.....I don't know if I explained that well...but I just downloaded it for free from my phone.

In general do iphone games keep high scores or does it reset every time you exit the game?
Also what is the best blackjack game? Also one that keeps stats if possible?

it was mentioned somewhere in here.
DROP 7 is excellent if you enjoy tetris. its numbers based and ive found it incredibly addictive, it loads up pretty fast too which is a big plus for me.
theres lite version and the full version ($3) with added modes.

Taxiball 1.1's out - it adds two new (short) levels. For the next week, we're dropping the price from $2.99 to $1.99. It's no $0.99, but it's a little dip. :)

seppo

Haven't seen it listed recently, but Archon is 1/2 price at $1.99 for the weekend. It's pretty fun and the controls are good for a really old school game. Did it really come out in 1983? - man I'm old!!!

Wow Columns/Puyo Pop is by far the worst version of those games I have ever played. Every thing falls way to fast. And the control is bad. Not good. Even for free :(

[quote name='Mogambi']Wow Columns/Puyo Pop is by far the worst version of those games I have ever played. Every thing falls way to fast. And the control is bad. Not good. Even for free :([/QUOTE]

I was running into that to...then I tilted the phone. It seems id you hold the phone at an angle they fall way too fast. Poor usage of the accelerometer IMO.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying Tatomic. It's badass...

[quote name='Ronin317']I was running into that to...then I tilted the phone. It seems id you hold the phone at an angle they fall way too fast. Poor usage of the accelerometer IMO.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying Tatomic. It's badass...[/QUOTE]

in the options you can turn off the accelerometer. makes it a lot better.

Biscuit Puzzle Bakery is on sale today for 99 cents (regular 2.99, I believe). If you (or, more likely here, your wife or girlfriend) like Hello Kitty-esque Asian adorableness, you/they will love the graphics in this, and it's a fun little puzzler for 99 cents.

[quote name='chakan']I will repeat what frankcastle said. You HAVE to turn off the accelerometer controls to make columns playable[/QUOTE]

I will repeat this again, just to prevent some more potential 1-star ratings. TURN ACCELEROMETER CONTROLS OFF. Why they made that the default control scheme is beyond me.

[quote name='chakan']I will repeat what frankcastle said. You HAVE to turn off the accelerometer controls to make columns playable[/QUOTE]

It's still a bad game regardless. You have to make a wide swipe to get the pieces to fall faster, otherwise the game thinks you're trying to rotate/shuffle pieces. It should be free permanently, because it plays terribly.

Columns should have included the same control scheme as Tatomic, the other free puzzle game. That had near-handheld puzzle controls, much easier to handle.

I just downloaded the game TapStar for 99 cents. It is 80% off for the next two days (at least so it says). Looks like a Dance Dance Revolution type game, and it has really good reviews.

I will post my impressions after I play it. My iPod is synching right now. :D

EDIT: I am very impressed with this game. It has some popular music in it (Warrant, Romantics, Pink, TLC, Elvis, etc) and the controls are very responsive. The gameplay is very similar to DDR, except you tap in the corners of the screen, and they are diagonal arrows. Pretty easy to get into the groove of the songs, as well.

I would say this is one that's worth getting, especially at 99 cents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just noticed that pOp is down to 99 cents from 2.99, I believe. I had a lot of fun with this on Wiiware - hopefully this iteration is just as good.

Iso is free for the 5th and 6th only. Downloading it and it's a fun game. Kinda like columns in a way but I think it controls better and is a lot smoother of a game.

This thread continues to be full of win! I need to pick up more iTunes $ when I go out today.

It's not a game but my favorite app since getting my 3GS is free always. Photoswap it's fun just seeing what you get back even if a third of the time it's some loser trying to see boobies by showing his legs. Some guy at work told me about it a week ago and my life changed forever. lol

Check it out and oh yea it is game related since when i'm home alot of time I send gaming related pics. :)

Want a promo code for Taxiball?

If Taxiball gains X followers, I'll give away Y promo codes:

50 followers, 1 code
100 followers, 3 codes
200 followers, 5 codes
300 followers, 10 codes

If you want to be eligible for a code, tweet something with @taxiball and #cag. I'll randomly select users (as soon as the threshold has been crossed) from the eligible tweets.

So, 1.) add Taxiball on Twitter, and 2.) tweet something @taxiball/#cag to be eligible to win. We're at 46 followers now, so the first code will be unlocked soon (I hope!)...

Good luck!
seppo

nice! I have yet to get taxiball helava but it's been on my radar for some time.

I also realized last night ur from GAF, which I approve ;)

another good GAF game that I got was iSR. Needs sound but it's coming eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back