iPhone and iPod Touch Games on Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

App Review & Price Drop Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, theres is usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy alot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a pernament feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site at http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/store. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='RelentlessRolento']nice! I have yet to get taxiball helava but it's been on my radar for some time.

I also realized last night ur from GAF, which I approve ;)

another good GAF game that I got was iSR. Needs sound but it's coming eventually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I grabbed iSR. Been talking with one of the devs on TouchArcade. Nice guy - I dunno how many people worked on the game, but I wish 'em the best of luck. :)

seppo

[quote name='RelentlessRolento']oh damn! Eliss is on sale for .99!!!

fucking great and hard ass game!
highly recommended

http://itunes.com/apps/eliss[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I was interested in this game, but now I have to get it since it is only one dollar!

Oh, I just noticed that KarmaStar is on sale for .99 cents. I saw this game on Area 5's CO-OP and it looked pretty cool. However, it doesn't say how long the sale is going to last.

http://itunes.com/apps/karmastar

[quote name='lunsar']Iso is free for the 5th and 6th only. Downloading it and it's a fun game. Kinda like columns in a way but I think it controls better and is a lot smoother of a game.[/QUOTE]

link?

[quote name='morphineseason']I will repeat this again, just to prevent some more potential 1-star ratings. TURN ACCELEROMETER CONTROLS OFF. Why they made that the default control scheme is beyond me.[/QUOTE]

It still gets a 1-star rating from me, because even with the accelerometer turned off, the controls are still terrible (I mean, at least it's playable at that point, but it's still not fun). I wonder if the developers or anyone else at Sega even actually tried this game at all before unleashing it on the world.

Columns runs slow, the controls are awful (not just game controls, even option navigation is bad)... it's pretty much a perfect example of things Not To Do when porting a game to iPhone. I'd be pretty upset to have even wasted a dollar on this given just how many gems are out there for a buck.

[quote name='Smaxor']Columns runs slow, the controls are awful (not just game controls, even option navigation is bad)... it's pretty much a perfect example of things Not To Do when porting a game to iPhone. I'd be pretty upset to have even wasted a dollar on this given just how many gems are out there for a buck.[/QUOTE]

yeah columns is balls... iso is alot better.

I'm trying to buy Eliss, but the iTunes Store is timing out on my iPhone, oddly. There's a Lite version available for people who want a demo, but it's totally worth 99 cents.

[quote name='lunker']I'm trying to buy Eliss, but the iTunes Store is timing out on my iPhone, oddly. There's a Lite version available for people who want a demo, but it's totally worth 99 cents.[/QUOTE]I thought it was just me or my network. I guess the Apple Store is down because I can't get any updates or the lite version of Assassin's Creed. Hrm...

whats the best tower defense game for iphone? i missed out on the .99 knights onrush so im looking for another one.

[quote name='nayrr21']whats the best tower defense game for iphone? i missed out on the .99 knights onrush so im looking for another one.[/QUOTE]

The Creeps at .99 cents is a no-brainer, and a great place to start.

[quote name='roland13x']The Creeps at .99 cents is a no-brainer, and a great place to start.[/QUOTE]

There's also a game called Tap Defense that's free. I checked it out but tower defense just ain't my thang, I think.

[quote name='nayrr21']whats the best tower defense game for iphone? i missed out on the .99 knights onrush so im looking for another one.[/QUOTE]

geodefense is my favorite, and they have a lite version to try.

i like fieldrunners. i deleted everything else in favor of this one.

I'm glad that came out with an Assassin's Creed demo, because now I know that if I'm ever to buy it, I'll buy a used copy of the DS version - I find the controls in the iPhone version aggravating. More likely I'll just never get it on any platform.

Eliss I'm on the fence about. The demo is cool and fun and it isn't anything like what I thought it would be, but I don't know. I'm just not sure that after an hour or two I'll still want to play it. That I'm having to think about a 99 cent purchase probably means the concept isn't entirely working for me, so probably I should stay away.

Knight Onrush is not a tower defense game. And The Creeps is the best tower defense on the iPhone, and it's only $.99

Yes THE CREEPS ROCKS! Sentinal is pretty good too, but the creeps beats them all.

Tried the Eliss demo and maybe I am missing something but I didn't see what was so great about this game. I was bored with the demo after a couple minutes.

[quote name='107proof']Yes THE CREEPS ROCKS! Sentinal is pretty good too, but the creeps beats them all.

Tried the Eliss demo and maybe I am missing something but I didn't see what was so great about this game. I was bored with the demo after a couple minutes.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I don't understand how some of these games get such high ratings and praise. I bought 7DA Zombie Hunter and I think I want my dollar back but at least The Creeps lived up to it, even if some of the later levels are damn near impossible to get perfects on and never mind the last level that I couldn't even complete on normal.

Creeps is great. I bought GeoDefense too a while back but I hate it. Too tough for me, but I'm not all that into TD/Strategy games anyways, but the concept and style is awesome.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Mecho Wars seems to be on sale again ($.99). Missed picking it up last time, will have to try it now.[/QUOTE]

I too missed it last time. Thanks for the heads up.:D

As far as best tower defense games go, this is my vote:

1. FieldRunners
2. GeoDefense
3. The Creeps!

It's really unfortunate, though, that FieldRunners hasn't seen an update in months.

Im so pissed...STILL no price drop or sale for Myst, Arvale 2, or Return to Mysterious Island...AND they took down RE: Degeneration...wtf?!

i still never got a chance to play that

[quote name='iowaholdem']As far as best tower defense games go, this is my vote:

1. FieldRunners
2. GeoDefense
3. The Creeps!

It's really unfortunate, though, that FieldRunners hasn't seen an update in months.[/QUOTE]

The Creeps! is tremendous. Murrrrrie!!!! :D

And GeoDefense is brilliant. Field Runners bored me half to tears, though.

I haven't invested more than a few minutes on The Creeps! even though I've owned it for a few months. I might have temporarily burned myself out on tower defense games after playing through FieldRunners a few times and beating about 25% of GeoDefense.

From there I just got distracted by other amazing games: Flight Control, Glyder (my current love), Let's Golf!, Need for Speed Underground, Peggle and Sky Burger.

This platform is chalk full of awesomeness, really. I can't get enough of my iPod touch, and since it's 1G, I'm excitedly looking forward to buying the iPod 3,1.

[quote name='BlueScrote']jellycar is on sale(on believe) for free. Its worth trying out.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it has always been free. I downloaded it several months ago for free as well.

I never thought I'd say this, but the TNA Wrestling game is pretty darn entertaining. It's not a traditional wrestling game, more of an RPG, with a story mode, and the writing is hilarious. It's a buck 99, so it's worth a look.

This isn't a game, but I just came across an app called FlickTunes that's FREE for a limited time (until they release the new 1.0.1 version).

Basically it's an app that uses your existing iPhone/iPod playlist, or allows you to make a new playlist directly through the app, and then play it back using an extremely simplified interface. Another words, if you use your iPhone/iPod touch while driving, you don't even have to look at the screen to control it. Flick to the left/right to go to prev/next track, up and down flicks to pause/play. Also, the song and artist information text is enlarged and bolded.

I was just thinking today about how the iPhone is pretty impractical to use when driving, but this app makes it a little more useable.

[quote name='morphineseason'] I was just thinking today about how the iPhone is pretty impractical to use when driving, but this app makes it a little more useable.[/QUOTE]You should try it with an 1G iPod touch... it doesn't even have volume control buttons. That's my main source of audio in the car... :whistle2:#

Hell yes!

Indie support time!!!

http://www.enviro-bear.com/

eb%20ss%201.gif

it's more awesome than you think and .99 :)

The Creepers! is pretty damn good, and I've been using this thread to let my girlfriend know about all the cool games going on sale or becoming free, so thanks for keeping this updated with your findings fellas.

Does anyone know if the Assassin's Creed Free is the full game? I imagine not, but I read the description and didn't see anything about it being a trial.

I tried searching through these pages and I thought I read somewhere in this thread there is an app that lets you know when games/apps go on sale or are free. What is that app???

[quote name='lolwut?']The Creepers! is pretty damn good, and I've been using this thread to let my girlfriend know about all the cool games going on sale or becoming free, so thanks for keeping this updated with your findings fellas.

Does anyone know if the Assassin's Creed Free is the full game? I imagine not, but I read the description and didn't see anything about it being a trial.[/QUOTE]

It's not the full game. Still worth trying though, it's a very nice looking game

[quote name='Viva Las Vegas']I tried searching through these pages and I thought I read somewhere in this thread there is an app that lets you know when games/apps go on sale or are free. What is that app???[/QUOTE]

There are a few. PandoraBox and BargainBin to name a couple. Search the App Store for those and you'll most likely find a bunch more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back