iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire_Thief are you intentionally baiting people now? Honestly, it seems like you're trying to annoy people, simultaneously courting negative attention while seemingly ignoring it.

I ignore it for a reason... I don't have time for that bullshit. I'm here to talk about iPod games, and got dammit I'm going to do it. When you see a deal post it, I'll comment on it if it's good enough. I love buying apps... I love playing apps. iPod touch is amazing... And I'll be buying an iPad in the next 2 months.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Yeah, EB is straight.

Hell on Earth is REALLY good though, worth the 99 cents.

Monster Truck game is fun as well.

Motocross Challenge is still good and fun.

iGun Pro is BEAST... You can shake your iPod to fire, and that is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Just don't try to hold up a 7-11 with that thing. They will arrest you for having a deadly weapon. Bang bang...

[quote name='107proof']Just don't try to hold up a 7-11 with that thing. They will arrest you for having a deadly weapon. Bang bang...[/QUOTE]

Heed his warning, sounds like he's got firsthand experience.

[quote name='Dimsdale']What. . .you want quality freebies?? Geez, I'd be posting a lot less. A LOT less. I just post 'em as I find 'em. Speaking of which, here's a decent little music/rhythm/puzzler title: Tune Runner Fusion (http://appshopper.com/games/tune-runner-fusion). FREE for one day only.[/QUOTE]

Ha... sorry man... With all the free stuff that is offered everyday, I am starting to get picky with what I download. Most of the freebies, I download, play once and delete. I can't believe people actually paid for half this trash. Something definitely needs to be done to clean up the app store. There is way too much crap. They need to have a section that is like the APP Junkyard. An app with 2 star or less rating, goes in the JunkYard. Have an APP Cemetary. For those apps that someone threw up on the app store 2 years ago but never updated or just left to die. This would clean up the app store a bit.

I am sure thats not the solution, but something needs to be done.

Thanks for posting deals, regardless of how terrible they may be. :D

[quote name='anathema728']Heed his warning, sounds like he's got firsthand experience.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I got away with enough money to buy an IPAD!!!

[quote name='107proof']Yeah, but I got away with enough money to buy an IPAD!!![/QUOTE]

So are you saying they arrested you and let you keep the money? Which 7-11 was this again?

[quote name='anathema728']So are you saying they arrested you and let you keep the money? Which 7-11 was this again?[/QUOTE]

Toss the money in the bushes and when you get out of jail go get it. Its a flawless plan. You and Fire Thief should get together and try it.

I ain't tryin' that, nuh uh.

I really love adventure game apps.

I want Transylvania Adventure... But I believe it will be free on Halloween!! Like last year... So I will wait.

[quote name='ninja dog']in b4 the cease and desist from nintendo![/QUOTE]

Funny you mention that. Early on in the APP store, there was someone who submitted a exact emulated copy of Duck Hunt. This was back when Apple let everything get approved, with little to no oversight. I remember I bought it for $0.99. After about 3 days it got removed from the store. It still works, but if I ever delete it, I can't get it back. I remember the controls being crappy. I should reload it one of these days and snap some screens.

[quote name='107proof']Toss the money in the bushes and when you get out of jail go get it. Its a flawless plan. You and Fire Thief should get together and try it.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I work better alone.

edit: just came back, I tossed the $400 that I got into the bushes and when I came back to get my money from the bushes, there was $800 there. I guess some nincompoop forgot to come back for their money.

[quote name='Lan_Zer0']As a heads up, it looks like additional DLC is confirmed for SFIV, though no details yet. If you are on the fence, I would probably grab it now, this sale is probably as low as the price will go for a while.

http://toucharcade.com/2010/04/28/c...treet-fighter-4-dlc-three-day-sale-kicks-off/

Fingers crossed for more characters for free (at least the rest of the base SFIV cast).[/QUOTE]
Picked up SFIV earlier today and just now finished playing a few rounds. Holy crap! It's Street Fighter in your pocket! I daresay it's even better than SF for the PSP. I'm going to be a zombie at work tomorrow. Wooboy. I have to get up in 5 hours. Must. . .stop. . .

[quote name='ryanflucas']Incase you didn't notice, Cheapyd uploaded a iPhone icon for forum topics and added it to this thread. :)[/QUOTE]

Just how tall are you Ryan ?

[quote name='anathema728']Nah, I work better alone.

edit: just came back, I tossed the $400 that I got into the bushes and when I came back to get my money from the bushes, there was $800 there. I guess some nincompoop forgot to come back for their money.[/QUOTE]

Must have been Fire Thief. I guess that's why his name isn't Money Thief. He's getting a credit card. He doesn't need cash.:D

Glad it worked out for you though.

[quote name='Ed_']I picked up SF4 and am very impressed with it overall. I showed it off to a couple of co workers and they were amazed by the graphics. It makes for a great time killer on the rail to work.[/QUOTE]

My enjoyment of SF4 is going up rather than down so far, thought I'd get bored but it really is a perfect, "I have 5 minutes to kill" kind of game. Who doesn't love pounding flowchart Ken with Abel's c.HP -> Ultra? :D That never gets old.

Oh God YES, last night I bought STREET FIGHTER IV. Needless to say, I LOVE IT! I'll be upset when it goes for under $7, but that shouldn't be for a while...

Bought Guerilla Bob for 99 cents... WOW.. it's #3 for a reason. You gotta try this! It's like a third person Serious Sam on crack.

Got Ghost Radar Classic for free... VERY creepy... Detects ghosts using the technology build in your iPod touch... A very nice novelty app.

Freebie sites update:

Free App a Day has Tune Runner (http://www.freeappaday.com/app.php?day=51&month=04). Not to be confused with Tune Runner Fusion. . .
OpenFeint is showing Uggy (http://itunes.apple.com/app/uggy/id349469865?mt=8). Seems like this one's been featured on various sites for a while now.
Great App a Day has Parachute Madness (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/parachute-madness/).
Free App Calendar has the previously-mentioned ReBounce (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=137).

For those frustrated virtual valets out there, your bonus freebie is GoParking (http://www.appshopper.com/games/goparking).

question. with the news of the new iphone that is planning on coming out, does any of you think that a 4G ipod touch will be launching around the same time? im curious since i just purchased a 3G ipod touch a few days ago, i'm having second thoughts of returning it and waiting a few months, if that's the case, to make my ipod purchase. any thoughts?

My guess is that there will be a fourth gen. Each of the previous iPod touches have come out in September, so it wouldn't surprise me if it's not until then. The previous phones came out in June and July

[quote name='deletion']question. with the news of the new iphone that is planning on coming out, does any of you think that a 4G ipod touch will be launching around the same time? im curious since i just purchased a 3G ipod touch a few days ago, i'm having second thoughts of returning it and waiting a few months, if that's the case, to make my ipod purchase. any thoughts?[/QUOTE]Look for the next iPod touch in September. As to what it'll be, that's still completely up in the air. I think it's reasonable to expect it to have at least a rear facing camera (probably not a front facing) and a higher resolution (double) screen.

Don't know if it'll follow the form factor of the new iPhone, but I sort of doubt it. I think Apple is redesigning the iPhone to set it apart from the iPod touch.

I think it's a safe bet that it will have front and rear facing cameras, like the new iPhone, which will already have been out for months. I suppose they might have rear-facing only, but since they are no doubt going to be pushing Skype video conferencing on the iPhone, I can't see them not also pushing it on the iPod touch. Thus my reasoning.

thanks for the input. i'm very close to returning my ipod and waiting a few months to see if there is another gen coming out. i was planning on using my current one for handheld gaming and very disappointed with the battery life. maybe it's worth it to wait for the next iteration and maybe they can improve on that as well.

Erased a ton of FREE Games today.... told myself I will not be downloading any free games unless other CAG's have good reviews about them..... Kinda got overwhelmed with all the free stuff.... Thanks for this great thread OP and 107 for keeping up with the deals!

Don't have any good freebies to post at the time. I am trying to not post a bunch of junk. I could post free CRAP all day long but it would be a waste of mine and your time.

I did want to second a previous recommendation of Guerilla Bob. Picked this up a couple weeks ago when it dropped to $0.99.

Solid game. Highly recommend at that price.

[quote name='Dimsdale']I'm not familiar with their titles, but everything by Pangea is on sale at 50-70% off right now (http://appshopper.com/search/?search=pangea). That puts the prices in the free to $2.00 range. Their stuff is pretty highly rated so check 'em out to see if anything interests you.[/QUOTE]

I recommend getting Enigmo, and Enigmo 2, Both at $0.99 each. If you get them both, Go through Enigmo first. Don't jump right in to the second one. THe first one is good enough to play all the way through.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Those Pangea games are garbage..[/QUOTE]

Enigmo and Enigmo 2 are very good games. Billy frontier is ok, worth maybe $0.99 no more. The others depend on what type of game you like. I don't think Cro Mag rally is worth a buck. Not compared to some other racing games out there. The others may be worth $0.99 but not any more.

I think the enigmo games would be awesome on the Ipad.

Rpg snake for .99 is probably the most fun snake style game in the app store. It's not actually an rpg, but you kill monsters and instead of a snake you move around little troops.

Also i know with all the free games it's can be hard to justify buying stuff, but fruit ninja for .99 is an awesome pick up and play, I highly recommend it. I'm currently also addicted to super 7 my new favorite line drawing game. Another one I haven't seen mentioned is "above" for 1.99, it's a cross between doodle jump and canablat with very cool looking graphics. Lastly freaking inkies is a really unique and cool shooter thats been well reviewed....

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/108/1085943p1.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up Enigmo the last time they had a sale and I haven't played it since I couldn't get past one of the levels. I would not recommend it. But that's just my opinion.

[quote name='Wiendog']I picked up Enigmo the last time they had a sale and I haven't played it since I couldn't get past one of the levels. I would not recommend it. But that's just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I admit some levels are frustrating, but all have a solution. They really get you thinking. If your into solving puzzles, then that is definitely a game you should get.

bread's done
Back