iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dimsdale']Ooooh, lotsa teasing from Gameloft about today's mega-freebie:

1. @Bballbeast76 It should be safe, but don't be slow on your way back home ;)
    about 1 hour ago via web in reply to Bballbeast76
  2. @Romaric17 Yes it will be ok, good luck on your exam!
    about 1 hour ago
    via web in reply to Romaric17
  3. Today's #HappyHour #FREE game will be 1 of @Gameloft 's TOP 3 best seller of all times, definitely a must-have, don't miss it!
    about 1 hour ago
    via web
Hmmmm. Hero of Sparta, anyone?[/QUOTE]

According to my math, it "should" be around 2-4PM EST for the start of the freebie today at the earliest (this is a complete guess from the times the above messages are and gamelofts responses, have no idea really, could be in next 10 minutes).

The main game I am interested is Hero of Sparta, but some of em have been decent.

I already bought Sparta, one if my first purchases. I really want NOVA but I doubt they'll give that away for free and if they do I'll probably miss it.

The Gameloft game I want more than anything else is The Oregon Trail. That is the only real game I would love to get free ...I'd simply take a friggin' price cut.

23975926_400x400.jpg

I don't think all the games I got for free from Gameloft....combined....are better than one of the last 3 purchases I made

Rebirth of Fortune is pretty bad ass if you like FFT (especially). It's 100 levels, or puzzles if you will. You start with archers, squiers/knights, and thieves. After completing levels, you are awarded gold which can be used to upgrade your formation's classes. Like FFT, to unlock new classes, you need to meet certain criteria. For healer, you need level 10 archer, level 10 knight, etc.

The game runs on a clock during your turn to keep the action going. I haven't tried the multiplayer mode, but I'm hoping its good

I put over 40h into Tactics Orge, FFT, FFTA, FFTA2. These are about my fave games ever so thanks for the heads up on Rebirth. I really hope they update it to take full advantage of the iPad. I just dont like doing the X2 thing on the iPad I would rather a game just use the whole screen.

Didn't anyone find Rebirth of Fortune very unresponsive? I mean I literally have to tap my finger around a unit to find the sweet spot and I usually run out of time before i can do anything.

I know my OG is on its way out but I've never had an issue like this where it was so unresponsive. Game looks like it will be great, but I might have to wait until I get the new one.

Free sites update:

Free App a Day has a multi-title game called All-in-1 (http://www.freeappaday.com/app.php?day=19&month=05).

OpenFeint has CarMaze (http://itunes.apple.com/app/carmaze/id353963467?mt=8).

Great App a Day has a puzzler called Ka-Glom (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/ka-glom/).

Free App Calendar has Windows Washer (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=173).

More Twitter clues from Gameloft:

1. @Nitsuj_NoG @pronaz The free game won't be released in the next 6 hours, so you can relax for now
    5 minutes ago
    via web
  2. Q&A: "Mo" stands for "Megaoctet", it's the size of an application. Apps over 20 Mo cannot be downloaded via 3G
    9 minutes ago
    via web
  3. Today's game will also be over 20 Mo so even with the new Apple restrictions you'll still need Wifi ;)
    16 minutes ago via web
  4. Q&A: Today will be Wednesday game, It will be over 10 Mo so be near a Wifi Spot, You can take a nap/go to class/work for at least 6 hours
    20 minutes ago via web

i ran into that problem, but only slightly. I usually waste 3-5 seconds trying to tap a character, but that's only about 1/2 the time. once i activate a character I don't have any issues

my top score in classic so far is 106k :whistle2:(

Damn, I have problems tapping a character, selecting where to go and choosing who I'm attacking. Ah well, I'll just wait until July to play it

Any other SRPGs worth checking out?

[quote name='kurrptsenate']i ran into that problem, but only slightly. I usually waste 3-5 seconds trying to tap a character, but that's only about 1/2 the time. once i activate a character I don't have any issues

my top score in classic so far is 106k :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

when you unlock all the weapons it becomes much easier..

A couple of FREE multi-player games:

Friendsheep (http://www.appshopper.com/games/friendsheep-the-insanely-popular-party-game).
"An insanely addictive game! Start herding those silly sheep and make them stay put. Up to 4 players can play on the same iPhone, but you are warned- it gets crazy and frantic!

Features:
- Fun social play for up to 4 players!
- Simple but addictive game-play.
- Delightful hand-drawn graphics.
- Silly sheep, dancing sheep, lazy sheep and many hilarious kinds of cute sheep!"

Finger vs Finger (http://www.appshopper.com/games/finger-vs-finger).
"* How to play
You win if you kick out all units of enemy off the ground. And you lose if all your units have been kicked out.
Fight an enemy in a turn-based manner.

* Features
- 3 game modes
Single Play: Battle with an AI. You can play more stages if you win the fight.
Multi Play: Two players battle on one device in a turn-based manner. You can only play the maps that you cleared in Single Play mode.
Online Play: Play with other players through Wifi or 3G. Your record in this mode is your world ranking."

I really hope Gameloft's free game of the day isn't N.O.V.A. -- it's by far the most expensive thing I've purchased on the app store to date, under the assumption it wouldn't be dropping in price (let alone go for free). -_-

^ +1

I just bought it because it went down to $5 in April or whatever. I played it online for like a second or two. I don't have the 3GS so it isn't as smooth as it was in the store.

Dislike. :(

Hoping it's Oregon Trail. Looking through Gameloft's catalog, there's not a lot there I'm excited about. I already have Hero of Sparta and that was a dud for me.

[quote name='DtotheP']Has anyone checked out TEDD? It just dropped to a buck. It looks like a pretty iPhone Final Fight.[/QUOTE]
I just got through playing the lite version. Pretty fun. Unfortunately, also very easy. I don't remember Final Fight but TEDD is very different from most fighters (Street Fighter, for instance). I like the point system and power up angle, though. I'll probably go ahead and drop a buck for the full version. The fight mechanics along with the fractured English and old-school nostalgia factor are enough to keep me interested for now. Thanks for the heads up.

The male character in tedd looks just like Rock Howard from SNK games like Garou mark of the wolves and capcom vs snk 2.

rock-ngbc.jpg

[quote name='bulletnyourass']Basically, once you solve 1 door, you will find an answer/clue or riddle to open another door. Doors do not open in a "sequential" order. You may sometimes go back and forth to open doors. However, once they are open, they stay open indefinitely. This really is a good game. Some of the questions/ riddles can be solved with a little patience. Reading and comprehension is the key to a few of them. Some of the riddles were easy because I had heard them before. The games difficulty is definitely what it would be like if you stumbled into a similar situation in real life.[/QUOTE]
Well, I have no idea how to even open any of the first 4 doors as I see no clues that would give me any insight to the codes at all. Nothing outside of just plain making crap up. There has to be something I am missing here as I can't believe solving any of the first codes would be this hard.

Help would be appreciated to get me started.

the first door is first letter of the month that would come next when looking at the letter sequence as months, after that you need to use the numbers and clues you find in the notes you find to keep opening doors. sometimes the door will open with a word that a riddle describes.

Are you guys talking about the same game? I was under the impression it was the Facility and I see no door with a code like that. Guru, do you see a door with a hint of the key is in the middle of nowhere?

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Just bought Tilt to Live. Thanks for the suggestion, I love it.

What's everyone's top score?[/QUOTE]

Classic: 19,165,523
Code Red: 6,287,452
Gauntlet: 2:57

I really need to play gauntlet more....

My Agon name is Malik112099

so where is the gameloft game of the day? It's been 7 hours since they said it'd be available in 6 hours if that makes any sense.

[quote name='GamerChris']so where is the gameloft game of the day? It's been 7 hours since they said it'd be available in 6 hours if that makes any sense.[/QUOTE]

I believe they just said it wouldn't be released in the next 6 hours, which is true. They never stated when it WOULD be released, sadly. Although it should be sometime soon, we can hope.

[quote name='Unstopabull']the first door is first letter of the month that would come next when looking at the letter sequence as months, after that you need to use the numbers and clues you find in the notes you find to keep opening doors. sometimes the door will open with a word that a riddle describes.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='CONMAN999']Are you guys talking about the same game? I was under the impression it was the Facility and I see no door with a code like that. Guru, do you see a door with a hint of the key is in the middle of nowhere?[/QUOTE]

It starts with the phrase "Get out of here" and "where did they all go". I have three doors with key codes I need to figure out. The first door is the office of Mr. Shnell. The second door says the following hint, There is one thing missing. The third door says Secure area, please enter static keycode. I don't see how the months of the year would have anything to do with any of those hints. There is also a fourth door with no access options at all.

I have not seen anything regarding a middle of nowhere hint as yet.

Oh I had no idea it was different. Well I can help you with that one. A lot of these seem to be word puzzles. The middle of "nowhere." 7 letter word... nowHere

i am stuck on Low Securites Utilities, thought i've tried all the 6 digit numbers I've come across. any help would be nice because i reset and played to the same point again and am still stuck.

[quote name='107proof']Hero of Sparta is now free.[/QUOTE]

No it's not. Not for me, at least. It shows $1.99. No Gameloft tweet yet either.

edit:There it goes. Free now.

bread's done
Back