iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mcdaking84']does anyone have GTA: chinatown? how are the controls and worth $10?[/QUOTE]

controls are great for the iphone but you might wait for a sale on it

[quote name='mcdaking84']does anyone have GTA: chinatown? how are the controls and worth $10?[/QUOTE]
I have it and yeah it's well worth $10. If you wait for a price drop chances are you will be waiting for awhile. $10 for a game that released on DS and PSP for $30-$40. It's a great game, the controls actually work well and there is a lot to do.

I also will recommend Zenoina 2. I went ahead and dropped the $5 on it last night and it's pretty darn good, great graphics and gameplay. My only complaint is the inventory doesn't work sometimes and the D-Pad is a bit unresponsive sometimes, but I imagine Gamevil will patch it soon.

[quote name='iowaholdem']I need a game suggestion, guys. I'm going on a short vacation this afternoon, so I'd like to have something to play during the flight. Here's a bit of information about my iPhone gaming habit.

LOVE:
Alive 4-ever
Fieldrunners
geoDefense Swarm
Glyder
Minigore
Moron Test
MotoX Mayhem
NFS Underground
Peggle
Plants Vs Zombies
Sword & Poker

LIKE:
The Creeps
geoDefense
iDracula
Let's Golf
NFS Shift
Soosiz
Wolfenstein RPG

DISAPPOINTED BY:
Aftermath
geoFighter
Guerilla Bob
Harbor Master
iBlast Moki
Melon Golf
Pocket God
Rolando
Twin Blades

So what do you think? You can see I tend to really enjoy games that are moderately simple in concept, but very well fleshed out. I clearly have a thing for dual stick shooters and tower defense games, but I find some incredibly enjoyable whereas others sort of let me down.

Anything you can offer up, I'd take a look at![/QUOTE]
I'm currently enamored with Pandamania. Terrific bow defense game. I also still like Sentinel: Mars Defense. It's probably not as engaging as Fieldrunners (which I still need to get), but it holds a sentimental place in my heart. I picked it up as a freebie a while back and it got me hooked on TDs. For shooters, I like Ghosts n Zombies. Sorry I don't have any links, I'm doing this from my Touch. Hope you find something you like.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Cheap points cards at costco $60 for $48 if your so inclined:
email513_Full.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know if Costco charges tax on this item? That would negate this discount.

Don't forget, Best Buy is selling $30 in cards for $25. That's a similar savings. Free shipping online. No tax.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple&#...18033631188&skuId=8753636&st=itunes&cp=1&lp=2

i don't think any store charges tax on gift cards cause you have to pay tax later when you use them(although not on apps I believe).

@iowa, I don't really see a pattern in your likes...so I'll just mention some games you don't have listed that are good: space miner, tilt to live, mini squadron, Azkend, Sparkle the Game, Bird Strike

edit: I forgot to mention my Publix had 25 itunes GC for 20, a slightly better discount then bestbuy. I think the deal was good till april 4 or 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying to buy $30 gift card on BestBuy with Bing cashback.
After I sign in on Bing and go to the store through the link on Bing, it never indicates anywhere on BestBuy website through "Review & Submit Order" about BCB.
Am I going to still get BCB?

Tilt to live is a no brained to buy now! Angry birds and bird strike are good too. Hit N' Run is a lot of fun too. Just dropped a dollar in price today too. It's $1.99.

Is anybody playing 'We Rule'? Its a kingdom/farm sim from ngmoco and NewToy (they make Words with Friends) that's free to play, but if you're impatient you can drop real-world cash on "mojo" to make stuff happen faster. I have only played for 5 minutes so I have no idea if I like it yet or not, but there are far worse ways to waste time.

Anyway, if anybody is playing it or otherwise wants to add me on Plus+, I'm 'mkernan'.

iTunes link for We Rule, FYI:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/we-rule/id339274852?mt=8

I sure wish there were 2 iPhone threads: One for JUST deals, and one for general discussion. I really love finding out about cheap apps, but I'm getting a little tired of both the constant n00bs asking for recommendations, as well as certain CAGs who continue posting annoying barely on-topic things until I hide them.

Of course, I know I'm kind of doing the same thing by posting this. And for that, I apologize.

To try to stay on-topic:
I sure loved Spider: Secret of Bryce Manor. Most recent iPhone game I beat.
Also, Shazam app amazingly worked on a song playing on the PA of a restaurant, outdoors, with a table of 8 kids next to me!

[quote name='CoryCubed']just picked up Simpsons Arcade for 99 cents.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up; it's been sitting in my wish list for quite a while.

[quote name='mkernan']Is anybody playing 'We Rule'? Its a kingdom/farm sim from ngmoco and NewToy (they make Words with Friends) that's free to play, but if you're impatient you can drop real-world cash on "mojo" to make stuff happen faster. I have only played for 5 minutes so I have no idea if I like it yet or not, but there are far worse ways to waste time.

Anyway, if anybody is playing it or otherwise wants to add me on Plus+, I'm 'mkernan'.

iTunes link for We Rule, FYI:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/we-rule/id339274852?mt=8[/QUOTE]
I'm playing it as well. It's pretty good if you like the farmville style play. you can add me. it's "mugen812"

[quote name='CoryCubed']just picked up Simpsons Arcade for 99 cents.[/QUOTE]
Me, too. Thanks! Also noticed quite a few other EA titles are on sale for .99:
Spore Origins, Clue, Boggle, American Idol, Snood, Wolfenstein RPG, Star Trek, Anytime Pool, Mystery Mania, Zombies & Me, Lemonade Tycoon, and the aforementioned Mass Effect Galaxy. A couple of those titles may always be priced at .99 (I can't remember all the regular prices) but most of those usually sell for at least a dollar or two more than what they're listing for right now.

I dont know if it was on sale or just a mistake.....but.... I bought Pants Vs. Zombies and instead of 2.99 Apple just charged my CC $0.99....

Im pretty sure it said 2.99 i think though .... dont remember, just knew I had to get that game.... I just bought my first Ipod finally and that was my first thing I bought.... oh ands its crazy addictive

Good morning, CAGers! Here's your Thursday roundup:

Free App a Day is offering up Super Search 60 (http://www.freeappaday.com/app.php?day=37&month=04) in addition to MicroCars (http://www.freeappaday.com/app.php?day=01&month=04).
OpenFeint has the shoot 'em up Open Fire Gold (http://itunes.apple.com/app/open-fire-gold/id358932208?mt=8).
Great App a Day is showcasing Nunix (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/nunix/), a vaguely Galaga-like arcade shooter from the folks who brought us Buster Red (itself a previous freebie).
Free App Calendar has the platformer Wooly the Jumper: A Sheep on the Edge (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=80).

Finally, for those of you who are looking for some Easter-related apps, there's a Bible trivia game called Biblicious (http://itunes.apple.com/app/biblicious/id348988242?mt=8). It's price has dropped from $2.99 to free.

I think it is well worth the $10 and like other CAGers have mentioned, it was a $30-$40 game when released on PSP and DS. They had a sale right after the game dropped out of the top 25 after release but has been holding stable at $10 since. Never know when it may drop in price again.

[quote name='Tee_Ken']I'm playing it as well. It's pretty good if you like the farmville style play. you can add me. it's "mugen812"[/QUOTE]

I'm also playing as well. Add me please. "Cycophuk".

[quote name='sherisdoppel']Are they good?[/QUOTE]
I like Chop Chop Ninja. There's a lite version if you want to try it out first, but I think it's well worth a buck. I've never played Mystery Mania but I think there's a free version of that one also. Give 'em a try.

[quote name='j0dy77']I think it is well worth the $10 and like other CAGers have mentioned, it was a $30-$40 game when released on PSP and DS. They had a sale right after the game dropped out of the top 25 after release but has been holding stable at $10 since. Never know when it may drop in price again.[/QUOTE]Is GTA: Chinatown Wars the version as on the PSP?

[quote name='cycophuk']I'm also playing as well. Add me please. "Cycophuk".[/QUOTE]

Added you and mugen, my user name is Lan97. I also invited you both to EliminatePro. Free to play / micro transaction online fps. Also by ngmoco.

[quote name='The Notorious ROB']Is GTA: Chinatown Wars the version as on the PSP?[/QUOTE]

The visuals aren't *quite* as good (but they're better than the DS version), but it is essentially the same game. One addition is that I think you can play your own music on the in-car radio stations.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']I don't see the list, it just mentions it on the crappy website.[/QUOTE]

when i click on the link I get an article with a list, heres a cut and paste of the list(the links dont work though):

American Idol: The Game ($1.99 -> 99¢)
Anytime Pool($1.99 -> 99¢)
BATTLESHIP
($1.99 -> 99¢)
Boggle
($1.99 -> 99¢)
CLUE
($1.99 -> 99¢)
CONNECT 4
($2.99 -> $1.99)
Dragon’s Lair
($4.99 -> $2.99)
THE GAME OF LIFE Classic Edition
($2.99 -> $1.99)
Lemonade Tycoon
($1.99 -> 99¢)
Littlest Pet Shop
($1.99 -> 99¢)
Madden 10
($6.99 -> $4.99)
Mass Effect Galaxy
($1.99 -> 99¢)
Monopoly
($4.99 -> $2.99)
Mystery Mania
($1.99 -> 99¢)
NBA Live
($6.99 -> $4.99)
SCRABBLE
($4.99 -> $2.99)
The Simpsons Arcade
($4.99 -> 99¢)
SNOOD
($2.99 -> 99¢)
Spore™ Creatures
($6.99 -> $1.99)
Spore™ Origins
($1.99 -> 99¢)
STAR TREK
($1.99 -> 99¢)
Trivial Pursuit
($4.99 -> $2.99)
Wolfenstein RPG
($1.99 -> 99¢)
YAHTZEE™ Adventures
($2.99 -> $1.99)
Zombies & Me
($1.99 -> 99¢)

[quote name='caltab']when i click on the link I get an article with a list, heres a cut and paste of the list(the links dont work though):

BATTLESHIP
($1.99 -> 99¢)
[/QUOTE]
Still seeing Battleship as $1.99, am I the only one?

if you've used an iphone for any extended period of time, you'd want an iphone for sure. My wife got one last saturday. I'm just counting the days until I can get my own.

bread's done
Back