iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corvin']Love all the 5 stars in the developer notes, but the actual review is only 3.5 stars. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Lmao... those bastards.

[quote name='Malik112099']Monster Mayhem is basically just PvZ..it will be fun for a little while then I will eventually stop playing it all together just like PvZ[/QUOTE]

That's what it looks like from the pictures, but is it a tower defense game? It looks like it's a tap to shoot kind of game. Either way it sounds like only short term fun.

I had to bite on Fruit Ninja and Freaking Inkies at 99 cents each. Only played both briefly, but they do seem pick up and play fun and worth 99 cents.

[quote name='etcrane']Fire Thief ... you wouldn't happen to have a screen name on GameFAQs that has the word 'Gucci' in it would you?

Edit - sweet jesus it is you ... we can't escape ... and that is a fucking huge picture of you in your signature link of GameFAQs ... I nearly spilled my drink when I clicked on that ...

(You know you all want to see this for yourselves .... http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/187975-planescape-torment/54619332)[/QUOTE]

How in the blue hell did you find that? :rofl::applause:

Also, if you have 3d glasses (optional) this may be a fun/challenging time.
Diorama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxZeR3vLFt0&feature=player_embedded

Bonus puzzler price drop freebie: Arroic (http://itunes.apple.com/app/arroic/id346166371?mt=8)

"Original and challenging game play and puzzles, from fun easy levels through to mind boggling crazy courses that could leave you bamboozled!

Complete puzzles in various ways that suit your skills:
- Draw arrows to direct your ball to collide with as many coins as possible for points galore.
- Plot the fastest path to collect time trophies and increase your score.
- Use the environment to your advantage and reach the goal using fewer arrows for points and prowess.

Unlock content and achievements
- 61 Exciting and engaging levels to unlock, complete and replay in many ways**
- 124 Trophies to collect
- 35 Fun and challenging achievements*
- 6 Additional balls, each offering an alternative experience to every level*"

iMaze

"iMaze is a maze game in which you drive the iron ball to the goal by tilting iPhone or iPod Touch. Does it sound easy? However there are many traps in the way. Traps include:
* Chewing gums: If the ball rolls over a gum, it moves slower.
* Black holes: If the ball falls into a black hole, it pops out of any one of white holes in the maze.

The ball should get to the goal in 20 seconds. Time limits are getting shorter as you go on to higher level stages.

The background music is pretty enjoyable."

iMaze is currently FREE (http://www.appshopper.com/games/imaze).

[quote name='crunchewy']That's what it looks like from the pictures, but is it a tower defense game? It looks like it's a tap to shoot kind of game. Either way it sounds like only short term fun.[/QUOTE]

The only difference between this and PvZ is that instead of planting your weapons, you tap the screen to use them....

There are other major differences between MM and PvZ:
- no collection of "sunlight" or similar currency to spend during the round on weapons, all weapon purchases/upgrades and ammo purchases occur between the rounds
- the various monsters in MM have different resistances against different weapons
- ammo management in MM
- boss fight for each world/level in MM
- multiple difficulties
- in PvZ, if you set up your garden correctly you could mostly sit back and watch the destruction; MM is fast paced tap-to-kill action

There are other less obvious differences too.

I really liked PvZ. Bought it for the PC and played it obsessively for about 3 weeks until I'd sucked all the juicy joy out of it. Haven't touched it since. I have a feeling I'll do the same with MM, but I sure am enjoying it thus far. :D

[quote name='doodofdoods']Super KO Boxing 2 is $.99. Anyone play it?[/QUOTE]
I really like it. It's a bit rough around the edges but a damn good Punchout clone in my opinion.

[quote name='LuisRM']How in the blue hell did you find that? :rofl::applause: [/QUOTE]

It was the use of the term 'beast' plus the Gucci that clued me in ... that and he had been talking about Planescape in another thread ;)

Anyway ... look people ... now THIS ... is an iphone game -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHvEwl3Q-TY

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dogs-playing-poker/id335614388?mt=8

Seriously ... it's .99 cents and I ended up playing it for 2 hours last night, even though I bought it purely for the gimmick/ ridiculousness

... oh ... and it has a fucking WALRUS in it ...

And for those of little faith ... here's a free version to try out, just for you - http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dogs-playing-poker-lite/id365848500?mt=8

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']I have been playing the game " Blackout " and it is a decent game . You have to connect same-colored jewels together, and doing that makes the power of the cities turn back on. You should check it out :D
[/IMG][/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Looks cool, I don't know if I can pop at $2.99 tho :)

Fast & Furious Adrenaline

**** Limited time offer: Discover the most anticipated street racing game of 2010 for 80% off! Download the brand new Fast & Furious Adrenaline game now!****

In a nutshell on sale for $.99. Man this copy/paste us a bitch doing it from the damn phone.

Fast & Furious Adrenaline Dropped to $0.99

304160.png

**** Limited time offer: Discover the most anticipated street racing game of 2010 for 80% off! Download the brand new Fast & Furious Adrenaline game now!****

Anyone tried it? any good

http://appshopper.com/games/fast-furious-adrenaline

Spirit

998923.png

******** On Sale! ********

$0.99

"Spirit is a paradigm example of independent game development for the iPhone" - 'Must Have', No DPad

"If you're looking for a challenging new arcade experience, this one's easy to recommend" - Touch Arcade

Looks pretty good, I think I will get this one.. I will let you know what I think.

Damn good ratings on this one!!!

http://appshopper.com/games/spirit

[quote name='107proof']Spirit

998923.png

******** On Sale! ********

$0.99

"Spirit is a paradigm example of independent game development for the iPhone" - 'Must Have', No DPad

"If you're looking for a challenging new arcade experience, this one's easy to recommend" - Touch Arcade

Looks pretty good, I think I will get this one.. I will let you know what I think.

Damn good ratings on this one!!!

http://appshopper.com/games/spirit[/QUOTE]

I can personally vouch for this one, as I bought it when it first came out ... and posted it here, but you all ignored it ... bastards ;)

Just as you will all ignore the INCREDIBLE Dogs Playing Poker ;), speaking of which ...

[quote name='doodofdoods']So how deep is dogs playing poker? is it nintendogs mixed with poker?[/QUOTE]

Actually it's fairly deep, at least for .99 cents as it's definitely a fully featured tournament style Texas Hold'em game ... basically with dogs. The interaction with the dogs is pretty limited, they growl or bark if you tap them a few times and there's a nice selection of dogs ... and a WALRUS (in case you missed that ;) ). But it's actually a decent game under the dog gimmick, assuming you have an interest in Texas Hold'em. I can say it's more entertaining than most of the other competing Texas Hold'em games that are priced at .99 cents.

[quote name='darknight88']Damn, these guys must be the same guys behind Dante's Inferno. All I see is a 100% God of War clone. Nothing original.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...good (for the iphone) God of War clone or nothing.....ill take the clone. The first hero of sparta was great and im sure this will be too. If you only play original games then I'm sure you scoff at 95% of all game releases. Why the hell are you even on this site?

[quote name='Malik112099']above[/QUOTE]
Did he offend you or something? And it's definitely not a day one purchase as it'll follow the pricing of the first game. $10 to $1.

I feel the same way when I saw Dante's Inferno and Hero of Sparta. And it's a valid argument that it's a 100% clone. Not to mention there are much better iphone games to spend your money on.

[quote name='anathema728']Did he offend you or something?

I feel the same way when I saw Dante's Inferno and Hero of Sparta. And it's a valid argument that it's a 100% clone. Not to mention there are much better iphone games to spend your money on.[/QUOTE]

im not offended, but it just seems that tons of people shit on everything around here for no good reason. In that specific genre there is NO better game to spend your money on. I don't see Sony making a GoW game for the iphone so instead of enjoying the best alternative lets just shit on any attemp. SOUNDS GREAT!

I'll deff wait for a drop on that clone, brah. Deff. It's not really a clone. But I'm deff waiting for a drop, this I know for a fact.

[quote name='anathema728']Did he offend you or something?

I feel the same way when I saw Dante's Inferno and Hero of Sparta. And it's a valid argument that it's a 100% clone. Not to mention there are much better iphone games to spend your money on.[/QUOTE]

I think the point he was making is that if the "clone" game is ripping off something that isn't available on the same platform, it's not necessarily a bad thing, even if it is a blatant clone. Heck, I would love for the iphone to have more clones because sometimes clones actually turn out to be greater than the original games they are ripping off. Case in point is Saints Row 2 which was actually more fun than Grand Theft Auto IV in many ways.

I would shit on Hero of Sparta. This is where I categorize games and Hero of Sparta just falls into the "just another game" category and falls off my radar.

Sentinel 2 is good, first time it's gone free since june 09 release
It's a little on the slow side of TD, and not much of a puzzle perspective like Creeps was, but it's definitely a polished TD. Kinda like how there's PVZ, then there's the 3D semicomplicated TD games.

[quote name='cusoman']Here's another tower defense game, Sentinel 2: Earth Defense for free,

(appshopper still says $2.99, but it is free in the appstore. Edit: looks like it updated, now shows free!)

http://appshopper.com/games/sentinel-2-earth-defense

Don't know much about it myself, but pretty good reviews on this one! 4/5 stars. Enjoy.[/QUOTE]

WOW!! Thanks for the heads up!! First one was good...

Cant we all just get along?

Just when we were all starting to get along again and this thread was back to deal posting and nice discussion......

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You don't have to agree with them, but lets try to be nice and let people feel like they can express their opinion without getting flak over it.

Everyone has different tastes, and everyone in here is not going to agree on everything. Thats what makes us all unique.

This is supposed to be a fun place to discuss games and deals. No need for rude comments. Just agree to disagree and enjoy the company of fellow gamers.

There is too much hatred and violence in the world... we don't need any more. Especially over something so silly as the games a person plays.

Have fun everyone and keep posting deals!!

Thanks!

Asking someone "Why the hell you are on this site?" is pretty rude, so I just had to ask to invoke such a remark. I'm pretty sure you asked me a similar question, 107proof.

damn, Soosiz has some great reviews. sucks I missed it for .99.

I'm looking to get these games while they're still .99

Freaking Inkies
Super 7
Fruit Ninja
Treasure Grab
Dogs Playing Poker
Super KO Boxing 2

Did I miss any .99 sales?

[quote name='doodofdoods']Did I miss any .99 sales?[/QUOTE]
spirit, but it's technically on sale, it jumped to 2 for a month, now down back to 1, so...

here's tactus cube, it's like the flash game where you connect colors alongside a cube's sides, I can vouch for the flash game that it's decent
free, http://appshopper.com/games/tactus-cube

edit: first level has a bug, it only accepts one solution when there's obviously 2

[quote name='anathema728']Asking someone "Why the hell you are on this site?" is pretty rude, so I just had to ask to invoke such a remark. I'm pretty sure you asked me a similar question, 107proof.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and you are aware of why I asked you that. Because you yourself were giving people attitude and being rude to others about deals they posted just because you didn't like the deal, or they posted too many deals. That is what this site is, a deal posting site. There is no need for rudeness around here. So if you are going to make rude comments toward others for posting deals, and bitch and complain about the deals posted then I would rather you take it elsewhere.

I post deals to share with everyone else. I could just check appshopper and keep the deals to myself, but I thought I would be nice and let everyone know about the deals. its not worth getting attitude over.

If you don't like the deal don't download it and move on to the next post. no need to be rude.

[quote name='Wiendog']Has anyone else bit on spirit? Looks great from the vids and reviews.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Picked up Spirit. I like it... and recommend it.

[quote name='anathema728']Nope, I was merely asking why you had to make single posts for each deal. I'm pretty sure 2-3 other cags mentioned something about that too.[/QUOTE]

You and Fire_Thief are the only ones who complained...

Thanks for the quick reply 107proof. I got it and I can already tell it's going to be one of those iPhone only gems.

[quote name='anathema728']
here's tactus cube, it's like the flash game where you connect colors alongside a cube's sides, I can vouch for the flash game that it's decent
free, http://appshopper.com/games/tactus-cube[/QUOTE]

I would really prefer a game called Cactus Tube ... I have no idea what it would be like ... but I'd like one of you reading this out there to go out and make it ... I know I would buy it

[quote name='107proof']You and Fire_Thief are the only ones who complained...[/QUOTE]

And for good reason. Old man, stop with the constant shovelware freebie posts one after the other. ;)

Keep posting the way you have been, 107proof. I appreciate them and I'm sure more people feel the same way as opposed to a select irrelevant few.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']And for good reason. Old man, stop with the constant shovelware freebie posts one after the other. ;)[/QUOTE]

anyone over 12 is old to you mr. Thief. Don't like my posts, add me to your ignore list. It won't hurt my feelings at all and you won't have to read another post of mine.

Problem solved.

Older and wiser. ;)

Yes, please keep posting 107proof. Because of you and generous others my iPod Touch 32 is fast filling up with too many good, cheap games. I'm running down the battery on a daily basis.

BTW, totally off topic: saw Iron Man 2 tonight and thought it was actually better than the first one in some ways. It was awesome.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']And for good reason. Old man, stop with the constant shovelware freebie posts one after the other. ;)[/QUOTE]

Congratulations, you've been added to my ignore list. Maybe you can start your own boast & bitch thread. This one here's about posting deals...

107Proof: Keep 'em coming!

[quote name='Malik112099']Hmm...good (for the iphone) God of War clone or nothing.....ill take the clone. The first hero of sparta was great and im sure this will be too. If you only play original games then I'm sure you scoff at 95% of all game releases. Why the hell are you even on this site?[/QUOTE]

First of all, Im here for good game deals, period. Just like everyone here.

I just posted my opinion since I saw the video and found it funny its ripping GOW again. Not that it truly matters except to a few that must get offended for a simple post. I wouldnt be surprised if Dante's Inferno 2 ripped off more ideas from GOW3 but thats another day on a different thread. Dont get me wrong, GOW took tons of ideas from other gamex but the difference is, Santa Monica Studios made them their own instead of just ripping exact ideas from others.

Anyhow sorry to have offended the light hearted. Please keep posting freebie/good deals.

bread's done
Back