iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='cusoman']No it hasn't. I've restarted iTunes, cleared my cache and all that jazz and it's still $0.99 no matter what Gameloft's Twitter says.[/QUOTE]
For those that are having the problem that I am here:

Use the upper right search feature for itunes and search for chuck norris. You should see it listed as free. Download from the search results page. This worked for me.

Ok, the Chuck Norris game was free on my Iphone now, so thats new. Also, the game isn't very good, it controls sloppily and is probably worse than the Streets of Rage from way back when. However, that being said, I still like the game because of Chuck Norris and its outlandishness. Will I poor a bunch of time into this game? No. Will it be fun to show my friends? Probably. Is it worth the download if its free? Unequivocally, yes.

Chuck Norris is under 10 mb so you shouldn't need to be on wifi. Unless you only have the iPod touch.

Also, jcp42877. I am tempted to pick up Gamelofts new game but I will probably wait for a price drop. Most games start out high and go on sale within the first month or two. It looks pretty good though.

In for Dragon's Lair at $0.99!

I've never played the game before, but the animation looks great and I'm a big fan of adventure games. Should be a good time!

Back to the deals:

Block 3D Egypt has dropped from $1.99 to FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/block-3d-egypt/id366639356?mt=8#).
"Block 3D Egypt will take you to a tour of the acient Egypt, the mysterious acient Egypt fresco,sculpture and Pharaoh's precious.along with the exquisite acient Egypt style graphics,we bring to you a 3D physics block game.you must feel bored about those 2D flat block games?Block 3D will give you a totally fresh experience about block games.it might be the only 3D physics block game ever."

Dino Surf is down from .99 to FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/dino-surf/id348395469?mt=8).
"Race to the finish with your favorite Webosaur in Dino Surf! Tilt your iPhone screen face up and down to maneuver through obstacles and jump over ramps. You can even run over arrows to get a speed boost, but don’t wipe out! If you make it to the finish line you can move on to the next level, and maybe even make the High Score board. Challenge your friends to play too and see who’s the best at Dino Surf."

Hey everyone Is there a way I can download many apps without having to go back to the springboard after everyone ? Like something like a queue , because it gets annoying when I want to download 5 or so apps and have to go back to the springboard after every damn one of em'/

[quote name='Fire_Thief']fuck, lost 2 dollars on Dragon's Lair.[/QUOTE]

Wait a second... So everything a developer craps out is the best thing ever, but you get a classic like Dragon's Lair and you think it's not even worth 2 dollars? $2 would've lasted you about 2 seconds on a real Dragon's Lair machine.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey everyone Is there a way I can download many apps without having to go back to the springboard after everyone ? Like something like a queue , because it gets annoying when I want to download 5 or so apps and have to go back to the springboard after every damn one of em'/

no, but you dont have to wait for the app to finish downloading and installing before going back into the app store

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Hey everyone Is there a way I can download many apps without having to go back to the springboard after everyone ? Like something like a queue , because it gets annoying when I want to download 5 or so apps and have to go back to the springboard after every damn one of em'/

Yeah, I wish there were a shopping cart. Not only would that be better for this, but we could use it to store titles we might want to buy later. At least if it had a "Save for Later" option. Anyway, like was said, you don't have to wait for titles to download before going back and downloading another.

This is the 2nd day in a row gameloft's twitter update about the game didn't get sent to my phone. I get their other inane updates, but not the free games. What the balls man.

Damn, that Chuck Norris was a lot of fun. It's not like the gameplay was all that great, but I had a smile the 30 minutes the whole game lasted. Plus the visuals and dialogue were pretty cool and made me laugh a few times!

Glad I got it.

[quote name='iKilledChewbacca']Oh Man I canNOT stand the controls on Zombie Infection

P.S. THEY ARE HORRID[/QUOTE]

It's Gameloft, all their games suffer from godawful controls.

Heads up for tomorrow:

iWing-Fighter and iWing-Stunts Free on May 12th We are doing a free day on all of our games, iwing-fighter, iwing-stunts and arcade 15in1 slingshot on the 12th.
smile.gif

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iwing-fighter/id356851836?mt=8

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iwing-stunts/id354994434?mt=8

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/arcade-15in1-slingshot/id362548159?mt=8

Dragon's Lair is really a pretty terrible game. It's just a repeat the scene over and over until you get the entire pattern game. At least we're not paying 25/50 cents a try. Of course the animation is great, but the game?

Dragon's Lair is really a pretty terrible game. It's just a repeat the scene over and over until you get the entire pattern game. At least we're not paying 25/50 cents a try. Of course the animation is great, but the game?

No, not the best game. But for a couple of bucks, you can have a piece of gaming history on your telephone that fits in your freaking pocket!

I hate when apps I buy go on sale. Makes me not want to buy apps anymore. So far I've lost a total of $5 to this fuckery. That shit adds up, bitch.

[quote name='crunchewy']It's just a repeat the scene over and over until you get the entire pattern game.[/QUOTE]I'm a little late but, dragon's lair isn't for people who haven't played it. It's a nostalgia piece. Looks like the game was so bad that it's got you on repeat.

Snot Rocket (free from $1), get-as-far-as-you-can game
http://itunes.apple.com/app/snot-rocket-the-game/id340653825?mt=8

Gyrotate (free from $3/$1), a better than average puzzle game
http://itunes.apple.com/app/gyrotate/id346225465?mt=8

iGraveDigger Premium (free from $1), just like the free one, except with balloon monsters
http://appshopper.com/games/igravedigger-premium

Symmetry5x Lite (free) anyone remember lights out? well, it's a clone/remake, oh and it's a puzzle-solver game
http://appshopper.com/games/symmetry5x-lite

Last edited by a moderator:
iWing-Fighter now FREE!!
851836.png

The second game in the iWing series will take you to the dawn of aerial combat, ww1 was a time of great innovation and heros. By building on the innovative control method established in iWing stunts and the free tech demo Cave Raider, SYK Games have thrown deadly enemies into the mix. In this enjoyable and humorous take on the great war you will see planes exploding, cows and men launched into the air by your cunning dive bombing runs and bombers with multiple machine guns trying to shoot you down.

http://www.appshopper.com/games/iwing-fighter

Arcade 15in1 Slingshot - Dropped to FREE!

548159.png

Arcade 15 in 1 – Slingshot is a great collection of games now available in one app for one low price. With high scores and many hours of fun filled play in each game, Arcade 15 in 1 - Slingshot is great value for money and a must have for anyone who loves playing games.

- Brick Bash
- Balloon Pop
- Bottle Smash
- Pinball
- Basketball
- Asteroid Shooter
- Target
- Duck Shoot
- Shootout
- Mini Golf
- Space Attack
- Plane Attack
- Retro Tennis
- Mouse Hunt
- Beachball

http://www.appshopper.com/games/arcade-15in1-slingshot

iWing-Stunts - Dropped to FREE!

994434.png

Pilot your stunt plane through the rings in the fastest time without crashing into the obstacles scattered around the level. Controlling your plane by tilting your iPhone will require a great deal of hand-eye co-ordination and lightning fast reflexes, but don't worry you will be gently introduced to ever more complex levels as you play. But don't think the fun stops after you complete the game because you can replay each level individually and try to beat your best time, nothing beats the feeling of watching your friends struggling to keep up with your amazing times.

http://www.appshopper.com/games/iwing-stunts

[quote name='crunchewy']Dragon's Lair is really a pretty terrible game. It's just a repeat the scene over and over until you get the entire pattern game. At least we're not paying 25/50 cents a try. Of course the animation is great, but the game?[/QUOTE]

Yes, bought this and I feel the same. But worth it in the end just to give the classic game a go. Cobra Command is a much better 'animation game'. It feels much more fluid.

EDIT: Dark Shrine is pretty good.

iDuck Hunt is pretty damn beast.

15 in 1 Slingshot is nice... The HD version is ALSO free, so get that now too. Even if you don't have an iPad... One day you will.

bread's done
Back