iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a new app called 40 GUNS. It's a FREE FREE FREE Gun app!!!!!!!! Everyone get it, it's now in the top 100. I love it!!!!!!

I have probably downloaded a couple hundred free apps/games by now. Out of all of those there have only been three or four that I have played for more than five minutes. The Creeps is my favorite so far. I am starting to accept the fact that 99% of these free apps suck. I'm not sure that it's worth the time spent when there's only one occasional really great app among the crap.

[quote name='The Stuff']I have probably downloaded a couple hundred free apps/games by now. Out of all of those there have only been three or four that I have played for more than five minutes. The Creeps is my favorite so far. I am starting to accept the fact that 99% of these free apps suck. I'm not sure that it's worth the time spent when there's only one occasional really great app among the crap.[/QUOTE]

Ditto that.

[quote name='mcdaking84']gun apps are stupid[/QUOTE]

Our mascot (Fire_Thief) tends to like anything that's free and...functional (although the latter seems optional). Oh, and he has a thing for flipping folks off in his photo. Which is cool. In grade school. In the 80's.

;)

[quote name='shrike4242']Let's stop with the personal attacks and trolling in here, please.[/QUOTE]
Did you guys forget about this post? A good 70 posts went by peacefully...

[quote name='anathema728']Did you guys forget about this post? A good 70 posts went by peacefully...[/QUOTE]

My apologies - I don't read EVERY post. Also, THE GUY NEVER SAYS A BAD THING ABOUT ANY GAME!!! There comes a point when your opinion is worthless if you think everything is GREAT!

So, in that light, I find Fire_Thong's posts offensive and a waste of time.

:D

Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman! (http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=350712233&mt=8) is on sale for $1.99 today only.

"What happens when you combine ragdoll physics with a high speed and high flying motorcycle?

Get ready for Daredevil Dave: Motorcycle Stuntman!

Daredevil Dave is the last of a dying breed...the Motorcycle Stuntman! Courageous, charismatic, a bit arrogant, and totally crazy, Dave is famous for his outrageous stunts. Unfortunately, he is even more well known for his horrifying crashes!

BE THE DAREDEVIL KING!!!

Anyone can jump over a bunch of buses, right? Well how about a tank full of hungry Great White Sharks, or a bubbling pit of hot lava? Or perhaps a pair of Chinook helicopters with their blades spinning furiously?

Whatever nasty stunt you can dream up, Dave has already tried it, and failed. Miserably. He has suffered broken bones, concussions, burns, cuts, shark bites, severed limbs, and a lot more!

Travel on Dave's tour and complete each jump challenge. You will receive big prize money for each successful jump! If you crash and get injured, make sure you have enough money to pay the bill! Dave is not indestructible!"

When I first got my iPhone 3G I was downloading all the free stuff or price dropped to free games but like others have pointed out, 95% of the games are junk and that is why they are dropping the price to get that artificial jump in downloads so they can then jack the price back up and make it look like the app is popular.

I just picked up my iPad yesterday and knowing I was getting it I started those bad habits once again of downloading a lot of these free junk games this past month and am now regretting most of these downloads as I need to go through a ton of apps to delete a lot of this junk. I wish iTunes was more user friendly and allowed you to hide apps (so I could still get updates through iTunes) and not automatically add check marks to every app you download as it becomes a pain sifting through all these newer apps when I want to sync my iPhone or iPad.

Flick Baseball Pro is on sale for .99 (http://itunes.apple.com/app/flick-baseball-pro/id331940814?mt=8).

"Swing for the fences with Flick Baseball Pro! This full, 3D baseball simulation game brings the excitement of America’s favorite pastime to your palm or pocket for anytime fun!

Choose from 34 unique teams with their own fluid stats, or create your own and customize everything from players’ strengths to uniform color. Accelerometer-based aiming controls both batting and pitching while simple tap fielding means beginner players can easily feel like seasoned pros! Two difficulty modes ensures non-stop challenges even when players do become seasoned pros.

Play multiple 3 or 9 inning games, compete in the playoffs or even a full game season with automatic tracking of game progress, ranking, and stats. Not enough time for a full game? The simulation feature allows you to simulate anything from one single game to 20 games at a time!"

[quote name='anathema728']Did you guys forget about this post? A good 70 posts went by peacefully...[/QUOTE]

Shrike doesn't come round these parts lately it seems ... if anything, the iPhone board is getting to be more like the old west every day ;)

Don't remember which ones were free but this thread clued me in on -

Angry Birds
Guerrilla Bob
Spider
Soosiz
Fly Kiwi Fly!
Solomons Keep

to name a few that I've really enjoyed and think are well made. So thanks. I will keep reading so I have a chance to find that diamond in the rough.

Very worthwhile free games I got from this thread over the last couple months:

The Creeps! - now $1.99
Last Front: Europe - now $1.99
Crush the Castle - now $0.99
Fly Kiwi Fly! - now $0.99
Ultimate Hangman - now $0.99
Marple - now $1.99
Devil Invasion - now $0.99
Blitz! - now $0.99

other decent free games I got:

Sentinel 2: Earth Defense - now $2.99
Crap of Defense - now $4.99
Castle Crunch - now $1.99
Be Spelled - now $1.99

plus a few promising rpgs I haven't even tried out yet.

That's over $23 worth of games I decided to keep, not to mention all the games without demos I got to try out. There were a lot of other games that were well made, just not for me. This thread is great.

Scarface Last Stand Dropped from $6.99 ---> FREE!!!

319563.png

Scarface Last Stand in collaboration with www.FreeAppADay.com will be FREE today and today only.

SAY HELLO TO THE OFFICIAL SCARFACE SHOOT ‘EM UP

The time has come for Tony Montana to make his LAST STAND. Play the epic shootout from the mansion scene in all its glorious rage, weaponry, f-bombs, and blood. You control Tony Montana, the ultimate bad guy, in this arcade shooter.

• Send them all to bloody hell in 30 levels of intense action
• Bury those cockroaches with more than 15 weapons including machine guns and rocket launchers
• Get what’s coming to you with achievements, unlockables and more
• Defend your empire in two game modes

The game starts when you ‘Say Hello’. Visit Tony’s office to change weapons, check stats, view achievements and unlock even more Scarface surprises.

To Play:

Scarface Last Stand is an arcade shooter, not an open world, fully controllable third person action-adventure game. Simply point and shoot. You can change aim sensitivity and aim mode. Don’t f***ing over think it. Please let us know if you’d like more levels and be sure to join us on Facebook and Twitter @scarfacemobile

http://appshopper.com/games/scarface-last-stand

Snake Galaxy dropped from $2.99 --> FREE
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
473618.png

SNAKEGALAXY REVIEW OVER THE WEB

"PocketGamer Review 8/10 + Silver Award" :
SnakeGalaxy evolves the classic mobile game with BEAUTIFUL graphics and challenging gameplay.

"Touch Arcade Review" :
If you need just ONE snake game on your iPhone or iPod touch, it should be SnakeGalaxy.

"Games Network Review 4/5 " :
The game looks wonderful and more fun than the original snake.

"Slide to play Review" :
Amazing graphics, fun gameplay.

"GameDroid Review":
Some of the BEST graphics seen on the iPhone.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Rediscover the classic snake game in a new and totally innovative concept.

For the first time, wrap your snake around a planet using a 3D control, giving you a whole new level of freedom.

Your goals: eat to grow, trigger combos, and accumulate points, but be careful not to bite your tail.

Travel across the galaxy to discover new planets with spectacular 3D graphics.

Additionally, with a great fluidity and a perfect playability, challenge your friends to beat your best score.

Buy it now at a promotional price and benefit freely of lifetime updates.

http://appshopper.com/games/snakegalaxy

Heh, beat me as well. I was holding off on posting, because Scarface was being modified when I tried to download, and I wasn't sure if it was just starting, or if I had just missed the sale.

[quote name='TheRock88']There's a lite version called Chevy Baseball that you can try out. I thought it was alright, not worth the original $2.99 but for $.99 its one of the better baseball games on the app store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I will check it out.

[quote name='Unstopabull']and all 3 are trademarked lol[/QUOTE]
Well, slapping the TM only means they claim rights, not that they were actually registered with the USPTO.

I went ahead and bought Angry Birds for .99 because so many people on this forum have recommended it. I missed it when it was free.

[quote name='The Stuff']I went ahead and bought Angry Birds for .99 because so many people on this forum have recommended it. I missed it when it was free.[/QUOTE]

Its easily worth that .99 It has alot of content and its very fun. You definitely wont be sorry. I think out of all the CAGs on this thread only one or two didnt like it.

My 5 minute impressions

I checked out scarface. It's basically MGS touch with a different skin. Not a game worth $7, but fine for free if you like scarface or MGS touch. Otherwise pass.

Snake Galaxy is a better free title. You collect orbs and grow as you move along a sphere. As you get ridiculously long your own path becomes a maze you must avoid as you continue to collect orbs. Pretty cool and definitely worth checking out.

[quote name='Malik112099']I've only ever played the first release of Angry Birds. Is there enough new content to go through it again?[/QUOTE]

There are currently 120 puzzles in 6 levels with angry birds, and it states that more are coming. You also can replay puzzles and try to get 3 stars.

[quote name='The Stuff']I went ahead and bought Angry Birds for .99 I missed it when it was free.[/QUOTE]
If it makes you feel any better, I don't think it ever went free. There is a free demo though.

Dark Raider

577731.png

In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, Dark Raider is free for a limited time!

Dark Raider is an action game with some RPG elements.
Explore a fantasy world full of Castles, Tombs, Pyramids, Arenas, Mazes and Forests.

Note: For iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3rd Gen 32/64 mb owners please get Dark Raider S for enhanced graphics.

CAN YOU SURVIVE..... 64 levels of increasing complexity?
CAN YOU DEFEAT.... The worm beasts of Curio's Arena?
CAN YOU ESCAPE.... The Maze of Pythius?
CAN YOU CATCH.... The mysterious alien treasure hunter known only as X.
CAN YOU FIND..... All of the soul keys and unlock the secrets to immortality?
CAN YOU BEAT THIS GAME.....

http://appshopper.com/games/dark-raider

Anyone here try Pocket Creatures? Lots of positive feedback about it over on TouchArcade. It's introductory price is $2.99, it'll go up to $4.99 after the sale.

[quote name='doodofdoods']Anyone here try Pocket Creatures? Lots of positive feedback about it over on TouchArcade. It's introductory price is $2.99, it'll go up to $4.99 after the sale.[/QUOTE]

Toucharcade, no offense, is a forum populated by kids. Positive feedback from them is kinda irrelevant if you consider yourself a "hardcore" gamer, or own other platforms.

[quote name='Enclave Soldier']Toucharcade, no offense, is a forum populated by kids. Positive feedback from them is kinda irrelevant if you consider yourself a "hardcore" gamer, or own other platforms.[/QUOTE]

Don't know what you base this off, as it's totally inaccurate. In fact many people in this thread use touch arcade. Additionally, there are a ton of posters who are clearly adults, if not the majority. Developers are also very very active over there. It's also a major source of beta testers. Their forums are easily the best source of iPhone gaming Info on the web. This thread has become far more childish than touch arcade. I'm pretty much done with it, it's a shame because it use to be a good one.

bread's done
Back