iPhone and iPod Touch Games - Ongoing Sales

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Since the old thread was getting too large, I made this new thread to continue.

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Apple iPad Information

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore

Last edited by a moderator:
showed up as $1.99 under the search... but when I clicked on it to show the game description it was showing free! So give that a try. Awesome! Thanks, Gameloft ;)

Woohoo! It's official on their twitter page. And just a few days ago I posted that I was hoping for Hero of Sparta, but wasn't holding my breathe. Glad I brought my laptop with me to work tonight.

Well glad I got Hero of Sparta, wish it was Rise of Lost Empires or Oregon Trail. thanks for posting.

and The Facility is kicking my ass... i feel stupid.

Item is being modified. Try again later.
NOOO
So the only 2 hours this was avalable, was my bloody 2 hour train ride home!
Well, that just bloody well sucks!

[quote name='Cameron4All']Item is being modified. Try again later.
NOOO
So the only 2 hours this was avalable, was my bloody 2 hour train ride home!
Well, that just bloody well sucks![/QUOTE]

Yeah, thought I got in on time (about 20 min ago) and they changed it. Sucks.

[quote name='salty tbone']It still shows as free for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but when you try and DL it, it gives you the message Cameron4All got.

I bought it for a buck a while back and felt ripped off. Not because the game's bad, it just had TERRIBLE slowdown on my first gen iPod Touch.

yeah, I bought it for a buck a while back as well, seems like a good game. Just haven't had the time to play all these games I have been buying for nearly nothing.

Plus there are some games seem to run slow or have lag on my Iphone 3g. I will have to give them another go after I upgrade to the new phone when it comes available.

Eh, Hero of Sparta is probably one of their least valuable 'popular' games, so hopefully this wasn't the peak of their giveaway. I'd love to see them finish off the promotion with something really crazy for 2 hours ... you know, like a $6.99 game or something ... anyone recall when this ends ... is it Friday?

[quote name='Unstopabull']Stuck there too[/QUOTE]
I will take any kind of hint at this point because the game creator does not mention any hints for this code at all on his webpage. All we know is that it is a number and I have tried every number that has been found in the game to this point and none of them work.

No offense guys, but this is game deal thread, not a game help thread. There's forums in this community specifically to talk about games, so maybe look for help there?

Does it really matter? It's not like it's clogging up the deals. Concerning the code, I think it's somehow related to 'Multiplication is the key.' Also it might have something to do with the 336*** of one guys ID.

Freebie sites update for Thursday:

Free App a Day has a gun simulator app, Gunz (http://www.freeappaday.com/app.php?day=20&month=05).

OpenFeint is re-running Tune Runner Fusion (http://itunes.apple.com/app/tune-runner-fusion/id361886693?mt=8).

Great App a Day is highlighting the previously-mentioned "official" Twitter app (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/twitter/).

Free App Calendar has something called Train Jumper (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=164).

Your bonus freebie is the word puzzler Wordee (http://www.appshopper.com/games/wordee).

[quote name='cusoman']No offense guys, but this is game deal thread, not a game help thread. There's forums in this community specifically to talk about games, so maybe look for help there?[/QUOTE]

No offense, but there are no iPhone/iPod touch game forums, so this is pretty much the only thread we have. I'd love for cheapy to bless us with a forum to call our own, but it hasn't happened. As such, I say discuss anything you want here as long as it's iPhone OS game related.

[quote name='crunchewy']No offense, but there are no iPhone/iPod touch game forums, so this is pretty much the only thread we have. I'd love for cheapy to bless us with a forum to call our own, but it hasn't happened. As such, I say discuss anything you want here as long as it's iPhone OS game related.[/QUOTE]

Yeah totally agree, I mean atleast he gave us a cool iPhone logo/icon thingy but I wants a forum :D

I agree. I would love it if we had a forum where we could have more in depth discussions about iPhone/iPod Touch games that are not on sale.

Here's another puzzler that has dropped to FREE:
Galaxy--Heart of Gold (http://itunes.apple.com/app/galaxy-heart-of-gold/id371974527?mt=8#). It'll give you something to do while waiting on Gameloft's next freebie tweet.

"Logic Game Guide to the Galaxy!
This logic and reasoning brain training game - a mixture of Minesweeper and Battleships - is designed to challenge your cognitive ability to grasp concepts in a short period of time. Compare your own skills with the results of other great minds.

++

The game is played on a board of 70 fields. A number of space ships are hidden somewhere on this board. A simple field is a radar station that allows you to scan for hidden ships. The object of play is to find all hidden ships with a minimum number of scans. Black holes block the radar scan and create complex game situations."

[quote name='bigrozz']Rogue Planet is today's Gameloft Freebie.[/QUOTE]
downloading it now. Advanced Wars clone? There are some complaints about dumb AI.

I have gotten every one of the games from this gameloft promotion and I'm kinda ashamed. Also, I haven't really dug any of them.

I'm still holding out hope for Oregon trail, but I work graveyard and I'm afraid I might sleep through the announcement.

Wow, I've devoted way too much energy into this promo. haha

Well, there's one more ... hopefully Gameloft goes out with a bang ... today's offering was nice, a $4.99 value so it was an improvement from some of the games earlier in the promotion.

Got today's free game. Definitely looks like the best out of all the free games so far. I grabbed Bailout Wars, too, but that's it so far. I already had Hero of Sparta and missed all the others. Thanks for the post bigrozz.

[quote name='Apathetic-Irony']Wow, I was actually able to snag it. That's all except for two. Go me![/QUOTE]

there are websites with practically every game on the app store, FREE.....

[quote name='bobright']there are websites with practically every game on the app store, FREE.....[/QUOTE]

Congratulations. You can also get free TVs at your local Target. Bring a brick.

Tried downloading rogue planet but it says that "are you sure you want to buy and download" message even though the price says it's free. I'm not gonna risk getting charged $4.99 for this. Anyone else get this issue?

[quote name='cheapgamerone']Tried downloading rogue planet but it says that "are you sure you want to buy and download" message even though the price says it's free. I'm not gonna risk getting charged $4.99 for this. Anyone else get this issue?[/QUOTE]

If it says free and you get charged, you can always dispute the charges with Apple. I have had 2 disputes, and they fixed them pretty quickly within a day or 2, and credited me back.

bread's done
Back