Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
@CONMAN

I'm pretty sure For the e-mail you put down, that itunes account will have a redemption code sent. You have to pay for each e-mail address you send to. The only other way you can get a code for a game is from a developer him/herself.

[quote name='Dimsdale']God Jump is currently FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/god-jump/id379907250?mt=8#).

"Jump and fly in the sky, crash and control everything in your road. The addicting game comes to iphone now!"[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WalletAndGromice']
Dubious reviews. How did a game *that* ugly get exclusively 5 star reviews?? Seems bogus, particularly in light of the recent app/review/account abuse...
[/quote]

Cited to appease the masses

Free App a Day is featuring the bubble popping game DreamScape for its Friday freebie (http://www.freeappaday.com/napp.php?id=237).

"Jump into a thrilling world of blasting bubbles before time runs out while you carefully choose your shot – the best combo shot can get up to 127M in one shot. Blast the Super Boosts, Double Ups, Da Bombs and Ultras for a high-speed, high-scoring, explosive thrill! Watch out for Toxic bubbles that kill you instantly. Be smart, be sharp, be focused, be the highest All Star! What a trip!

An exhilarating mix of speeding bubbles, challenging strategy and dramatic photography, DreamScape spins you on a fantastic journey across Earth and to Outer Space with stunning images from world-renowned photographer Marc Adamus, and gorgeous vistas of stars, nebulae, galaxies and more. "

Has anyone tried Shatterquest 3D? Both it and Shatterquest HD (the iPhone 4/iPad version) are currently on sale ($0.99 for the regular, $1.99 for the HD) and they look interesting, but I'm not sure if they're worthwhile or not. I'm curious whether anyone else has played either of them.

Edit: Oh, actually apparently the non-HD version is a permanent price drop. I'm interested in the HD version, though, since it does a bit more to put the iPhone 4 through its paces.

C'mon guys, we know who our friends are. Ignore him and keep it rolling.

I do find it odd our little thread has become such a dickhead magnet recently. Oh well...

[quote name='fazfznz']@CONMAN

I'm pretty sure For the e-mail you put down, that itunes account will have a redemption code sent. You have to pay for each e-mail address you send to. The only other way you can get a code for a game is from a developer him/herself.[/QUOTE]
Hmm. The reason I was wondering this is because I'll be in Europe for a couple of weeks and would love if someone would gift some apps to me if there were some amazing deals because I won't be able to access the internet. Especially if there is an early deal for the new Star Wars TD game coming out.

[quote name='fazfznz']http://appshopper.com/games/monkey-island-2-special-edition-lechucks-revenge

Monkey island 2 SE ^

Disclaimer- please make sure you are literate and able to understand basic sentences in english . Sorry to those that attended the university of Kentucky or are fans, but if I can, I'll try posting a Braille or gibberish version later. I'm especially sorry for those who missed my point earlier in simply retrieving an entire article from a site and not at least simply acknowledging that you found it there. If cheapcollegegamers.com doesnt admit that they first found a deal or a coupon on CAG I suppose you think it's fair for us to do the same .[/QUOTE]

What part of this sentence was so hard for you to understand?

"All posted deals were stolen from Appshopper.com"

I will admit, I did not earn my degree in English. I chose a career in Information Technology. However, I wish you good luck with your career in spelling? Or. Maybe you have a great job in punctuation? Regardless of your education and career path. If you do not want to read my posts and deal with my inferior English, set me to ignore and you wont be bothered with having to read such gibberish.

To everyone else that is here for deals. I will continue to post deals as I find them. I am not bothered by comments from those with self-esteem issues. I will not acknowledge any further comments by detestable people. Their comments are clearly based on issues they have with themselves as a person, and verbalizing negative comments to others helps them cope with their shortcomings.

For our future leaders, Let this be a lesson to you. Not everyone is going to like you. Regardless of how nice you try to be, or how nice you treat others. There will be people that just don't like you. It could be because you have funny hair, or are overweight, and in some cases because of your lack of citation, even though it was clearly stated. Those people have personal issues they need to deal with and your better off without those people in your lives.

Don't go through life worried if someone doesn't like you. Learn to accept that its going to happen. I have, and it doesn't bother me at all.

Flick Kick Field Goal dropped to FREE!!

707231.png

======= FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME! =======

Flick Kick Football is STILL #1 in the UK, and to celebrate PikPok is offering Flick Kick Field Goal FREE for a limited time only!!

Make sure you pick up your copy to today! A great way to pass those tense moments at half time during the World Cup final.

========== It's GOOOOOOOOOD!!! ==========

http://appshopper.com/games/flick-kick-field-goal

107Proof and Dimsdale, you guys dont need to defend yourself for anything. Just keep doing what you do. The haters dont need any more attention and neither does this thread. Thanks again fellas for the copypastes, it saves me time and MONEY!

PlanetOne - The 2D Platformer Game

234686.png

In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, PlanetOne is Free for TODAY only. Remember to download OpenFeint’s Game Spotlight App to get the Free Game of the Day every day!

PlanetOne, the 'Retro' 2D Platform game that was inspired by the early great plumber and hedgehog games. You must take the little blue man through 22 unique levels, defeating 4 bosses while collecting keys in each area to open gates.

http://appshopper.com/games/planetone-the-2d-platformer-game

[quote name='107proof']PlanetOne - The 2D Platformer Game

234686.png

In collaboration with OpenFeint's Free Game of the Day, PlanetOne is Free for TODAY only. Remember to download OpenFeint’s Game Spotlight App to get the Free Game of the Day every day!

PlanetOne, the 'Retro' 2D Platform game that was inspired by the early great plumber and hedgehog games. You must take the little blue man through 22 unique levels, defeating 4 bosses while collecting keys in each area to open gates.

http://appshopper.com/games/planetone-the-2d-platformer-game[/QUOTE]

Lol Ive seen that game on appshopper before and all i see is a one eyed blue KIRBY.

BREAKNUMBER dropped to Free! (Never heard of it but it has good reviews)

084974.png

########
1. Select a block by block the target number equal to the sum of the numbers, the selected blocks will be removed.
2. Classic mode is selected in the block marked with the target number directly from the calculated results are easy and fun mode.
3. Crazy mode is selected in the block is not counted because the target number should enjoy the game mentally.
4. In the multiplication mode, number of goals come from the multiplication result value is multiplied by the number of selected blocks if selected block is removed.

http://appshopper.com/games/breaknumber

The online, multiplayer Battleship-like Pirate Battle is currently FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/pirate-battle/id365716535?mt=8#).

"Cast off and set sails! There aren’t many who aren’t aware of the classic “Battleships ” game – the quick strategy game that be fitted in-between other things. And the online multiplayer game “Pirate Battle” allows you to play against friends and acquaintances wherever they may find themselves to be, turn by turn. You can of course also play against a random opponent."

The arcade shooter Alien Horde has dropped from .99 to FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/alien-horde/id359496787?mt=8).

"Alien Horde is a frantic arcade shooter. The aim, kill as many aliens as you can before they kill you. Every time you kill an alien the rest get smarter, quicker and more cunning making the game progressively harder as the assault goes on. Compare your scores with our online database to see if you have what it takes to become the best of the best."

Hey all,
Just released: NIMBLE STRONG: BARTENDER IN TRAINING, which is Phoenix Wright meets bartending 101 course.

Website + iTunes link:
http://www.nimblestrong.com

Joystiq.com recently reviewed it with a stunning 4.5/5 score saying: "Finally, video games have purpose":
http://joystiq.com/2010/07/08/review-nimble-strong/

We're having a promo where if you buy the game we'll gift you a free 99c app of your choice. Our launch way of saying thanks,

Cheers!
Adam

Hey Adam,

How about you make the game $0.99 for a hour or two for us cheap ass gamers? Or hand out some promo codes so some of us can try it and leave some unbiased reviews.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks

107proof

[quote name='107proof']PlanetOne - The 2D Platformer Game

234686.png

http://appshopper.com/games/planetone-the-2d-platformer-game[/QUOTE]

Snagged it...been looking for this one since I missed it last time it was free. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='107proof']GROUND EFFECT ----> FREE!!

!~!~!~ DISCLAIMER ~!~!~!~

All posted deals were stolen from Appshopper.com If you have a problem with that, Quit reading this forum and go directly to Appshopper.com for your daily deals. Don't bother reading this forum or commenting. If you quit reading this forum, you won't be bothered with us stealing deals from other sites.

!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~![/QUOTE]

Now I merely suggested Dimsdale at least post the source of where he clearly got that info from instead of just copy n pasting. Everybody post the links to the appshopper pages or itunes links whenever they quote from an app so why is it hard for when someone suggests the same be done for a site that actually compiled all the sale info. Then you go ahead and indirectly attack me for what? Wanting a site for getting credit for info THEY not dimsdale put together. Dimsdale did good by posting the list here. If anyone here has any esteem issues its clearly you. I like how you refer to yourself as a leader but you attack another for wanting to see something that is VERY common in the internet. I enjoy the sarcasm as well. Its nice you're a self proclaimed leader as well. If you want to be a real leader, listen. The only thing your spearheading here is posting a bunch of apps and attacking a CAG for suggesting to see something simple and correct. You didn't actually act like a leader by going on your little indirect rant for whatever reason.

@LinkinPrime - Ahh i was hoping that the Flashlight. app was also iPhone 4 compatible with the led flash. The patterns on the app do look different and cool though for the screen. Thanks for the suggestion!

@Conman I'm sure there'd be someone who could do that for you and maybe get repayed through Paypal or something when you do come back. The redemption codes do last for a good while.

@WallaceandGromit Shilling at its finest!! Nice for putting the link in there as well :applause: If you send steve jobs and e-mail about that i'm sure he would remove all of that developers apps.

To anyone that uses fring or is interested in starting to use fring. Its what some people call a social hub, the app for iphone just added 2 way video calling and unlike Facetime, you could do this over 3g,edge as well as wifi. Read about it more here:http://appshopper.com/blog/2010/07/08/fring-adds-two-way-video-calling-for-iphone-4/

To People who enjoy Side Scrolling Shooters check out Wolf-Boy. Graphics are great and theres always a lot happening. http://appshopper.com/games/wolf-boy

Jelly Roll is free, seems like a nice little game: http://itunes.apple.com/app/jelly-roll/id377177512?mt=8

"A poor penguin is trapped in the jell and have nothing to do except roll to escape. The players must roll the penguin to reach the Space Transmission Hole in as few steps as possible while avoiding its falling out of boundaries.

Since there are quite many kinds of pavement and machinery, the escape requires careful tryouts, space imagination and tactical moves. For example, there are cracked grounds that only allow horizontal crossing, cutting system that would cut the penguin into halves. Players will have to avoid them or use them wisely enough to finish the task.

Roll on, jelly penguin!

Features:
* Double operating styles: Leaning your phone or dragging your finger
* Various pavement and machinery
* LeaderBoard and Achievement system based on OpenFeint
* Cute art style"

If you're tired of raising virtual fish, you can now mutate and collect virtual birds with the FREE Tap Birds app (http://itunes.apple.com/app/tap-birds/id376970961?mt=8#).

"Welcome to Tap Birds, you are steps away from owning multiple aviaries, where you can decide what birds to grow, sell and BREED!

Raise beautiful baby Toucans, feed them to see them grow, decorate your aviaries with Buddhas, Jungle huts and Pagoda arches! Easy and simple as 1-2-3. (Don't forget to clean after your birds!)"

I might pick up blockus for 99 cents. It says it has online play. Has anyone tried it? Does it have an option to play in Words With Friends style? That is, such that you can come and go at will and have multiple games running at once.

Also, I tried using Fring to make a test video call, but it didn't seem to work too well. I ended up with the bottom left corner of what appeared to be a still image from my camera. Also, the video message that plays telling you that it will record 10 seconds of you and then play it back to you via Fring looked horrible and was pretty terribly out of sync with the sound. I'm wondering if it looks better in an actual Skype call. Hopefully I'll get to test that out this weekend.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']How is this guy infinitely more annoying than fire_thief? Must try hard[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking the same thing. We try and extinguish one flame, and bam! comes this guy "acting" smart.

Anyway, thanks 107proof for the post on the drop of the Terminator game. It will be mine once I get home. :bouncy:

Tilt your iDevice and collect the stars in Outer Space Adventures (http://itunes.apple.com/app/outer-space-adventures/id379312832?mt=8#), currently FREE.

"Outer Space Adventures is a fun and unique game that anyone of any age could enjoy. A completely full interactive game designed for the iPhone,iPod Touch, and iPad. This game is completely fun and very addictive. In this game you play as a rocket and you have to find and collect all the stars in the levels. The most challenging objective is to locate all the stars and collect them. You have to move the accelerometer to make your rocket go in any direction you want."

Help a kitty out in the 3D arcade title Run Kattie (http://itunes.apple.com/app/run-kattie/id371693347?mt=8#), on sale for 50% off (or FREE as we like to call it).

"Help a little kitty!! She lost a way on the street!
Your responsibility is now to become a friend of her and guide to her sweet home.
Rush and jump over the villages and cities with Kattie getting over the obstacles on the way of home. If she overcome all difficulty, she will finally meet her mother and younger brother again."

Creepy Caverns is still FREE if you want some more quality bounce-and-grab-coins amusement (http://itunes.apple.com/app/creepy-caverns/id362456226?mt=8).

"Dr Archibald needs retirement money! After working in the Museum for decades, it's time to go exploring for hidden riches in perilous ancient tombs and caverns.

Guide Dr Archibald through 20 levels such as "Spiky Gauntlet of Evil", "The PIT of DOOM" and "Attack of the Crumbling Snow".

Along the way Dr Archibald will contend with spikes, trampolines and crumbling levels that fall apart at his very touch!"

The 12-part digital comic book Carnival of Souls has been released for FREE. Here's a link for Chapter 1 (http://itunes.apple.com/app/01-carnival-of-souls-digital/id310818005?mt=8).

"Carnival Comics presents the Digital Comic Book version of Jazan Wild's Carnival Of Souls!

Chapter 1: The story begins with a trip to a carnival that quickly takes you spinning on a wild ride, where the clown is your guide into the psyche of the mind! Fasten your seat belt and hold on tight!Step inside... Jazan Wild's Carnival Of Souls!

Wild music tracks can be downloaded on iTunes by searching "Jazan Wild"."

There's also a FREE Motion Comics version (http://itunes.apple.com/app/01-carnival-of-souls-motion/id310825759?mt=8#).

"Carnival Comics presents the Motion Comic version of Jazan Wild's Carnival Of Souls!
Complete with Voice-Over and Musicial Sound Track!"

Terminator Salvation is completely worth the 0.99 - one of my new favorites.

Has anyone had any luck running Despicable Me: Minion something-or-other? It dropped $4 to 0.99, but there's quite a few review saying it crashes. Any feedback on it?

Blokus at 99 cents? Finally.

If I ever recommended RottenCity to you folks, let me retract that ENTIRELY. It's broken as heck and crashes my Iphone so hard the thing reboots half the time, and given the game is LOL SO HARDCORE and makes you schlep back to a safe house to save, this mix is especially painful.

Samurai: Way of the Warrior was one of my first Iphone purchases when I was young and stupid and I regret it terribly. Did not enjoy the game at all.

As mentioned earlier....

Despicable Me: Minion Mania dropped to $0.99

738197.png

**This version is compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 3rd Gen and higher.**

Become one of the world's greatest supervillains in Despicable Me: Minion Mania, based on Universal Pictures' new 3-D CGI feature Despicable Me. In this playful puzzler, command Gru's army of tireless Minions through a top secret laboratory, training them for Gru's next big heist. Play through 20 stages while using all of Gru's gadgets to aid you in your missions.

http://appshopper.com/games/despicable-me-minion-mania

HD iPad version dropped to $1.99

http://appshopper.com/games/despicable-me-minion-mania-hd

Disk Golf Fans....

iDisc Golf Pro dropped to $0.99

056721.png

***** 99 cents for a limited time *****

New Update v1.3 just released.
- New 18 hole course.
- Ability to listen to iPod while playing.

Now with four 18 hole courses.
- Johnson Street
- Tiki Island
- Sonora Sands
- Northern Exposure

http://appshopper.com/games/idisc-golf-pro

[quote name='AdamAGB']Hey all,
Just released: NIMBLE STRONG: BARTENDER IN TRAINING, which is Phoenix Wright meets bartending 101 course.

Website + iTunes link:
http://www.nimblestrong.com

Joystiq.com recently reviewed it with a stunning 4.5/5 score saying: "Finally, video games have purpose":
http://joystiq.com/2010/07/08/review-nimble-strong/

We're having a promo where if you buy the game we'll gift you a free 99c app of your choice. Our launch way of saying thanks,

Cheers!
Adam[/QUOTE]

Reviews comparing it to Phoenix Wright, Trauma Center, and Cooking Mama?! Damn you, you bastard. It's like you're prostrating yourselves to market it DIRECTLY TO ME and I don't even drink alcohol, and you're doing it so well it is piercing EVERY ONE of my defenses.

Screw you and take my damn $5. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back