Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Duck Hunt says free when you search for it, but when you drill down into the App download area it says $0.99. WTF?

The latest OpenFeint Free Game of the Day title is Meekoo (http://itunes.apple.com/app/meekoo/id379308404?mt=8).

"Meekoo is easy and simple to play. A meekoo will appear at the center bottom of the screen. When you place your finger and drag it backwards, a line will appear to help show you where you are aiming. A power-bar will appear on the upper right side of the screen showing how much power you're applying.

When you lift your finger from the screen, the meekoo will go slide forward bouncing off other meekoos and walls until it stops. Help the meekoos land on the corresponding colored pads!"

[quote name='TheRock88']NFL 2011 just dropped to $1!

Dont know if its a price mistake or not cause it still says $4.99 on Appshopper but in the store it showed up for a dollar.

184660.png

http://appshopper.com/games/nfl-2011[/QUOTE]
Yep, in the App Store Gameloft says it's on sale "for a limited time only" for .99 (!) Since Madden 2010 won't load for me anymore (thanks, iOS4!), I'm going to give this one a shot. Thanks for the heads up!

Psychoban seems pretty good - I like the 3D element (there's multiple levels, sometimes requiring you to make bridges out of blocks). However, my goodness is this game ugly. Somebody thought... "socoban", "psycho". That's it! What a stupid idea. The "humor" is pretty damn tired and the game is hideous. Why didn't they just make a really nice looking game with the 3D twist? That would have been perfect. In any case it's certainly worth picking up for free. The gameplay seems pretty solid, but please, go into options and speed the movement of your player up. I wish there was no player at all. Just tap a block and space and it moves. Oh well.

Quick Question-I'm waiting for the new ipod touch to come out, but I might be getting a free old one from the Bank of the West Deal. My question is, is that if I sync Apps to the free 8gb one, will I be able to resync those same apps again on my new ipod touch. Or once you connect an touch to itunes, does it get stuck on that account.

[quote name='sandaz93']Quick Question-I'm waiting for the new ipod touch to come out, but I might be getting a free old one from the Bank of the West Deal. My question is, is that if I sync Apps to the free 8gb one, will I be able to resync those same apps again on my new ipod touch. Or once you connect an touch to itunes, does it get stuck on that account.[/QUOTE]

You would just set up your new ipod touch to your existing account. You can have multiple ipods/iphones on the same account and your purchases (music, movies apps) can sync to all your different devices.

This works across computers, too. My wife and I share one Apple account, so we only download music and apps once, and they can be copied between our two computers and synced to our own iphones. This is allowed under Apple's TOS.

[quote name='peanut_gallery']You would just set up your new ipod touch to your existing account. You can have multiple ipods/iphones on the same account and your purchases (music, movies apps) can sync to all your different devices.

This works across computers, too. My wife and I share one Apple account, so we only download music and apps once, and they can be copied between our two computers and synced to our own iphones. This is allowed under Apple's TOS.[/QUOTE]

Thank You!!!!!!!!!

[quote name='sandaz93']Quick Question-I'm waiting for the new ipod touch to come out, but I might be getting a free old one from the Bank of the West Deal. My question is, is that if I sync Apps to the free 8gb one, will I be able to resync those same apps again on my new ipod touch. Or once you connect an touch to itunes, does it get stuck on that account.[/QUOTE]Yes, you can.

Off topic. My fiance got an iPhone 4 and I'm stuck on Verizon. I'm jealous.

That being said, I'm surprised at how poor games look that aren't developed for the Retina display.

"Sorcerer of Fortune" is on sale for $.99. This is the sequel to Rebirth of Fortune which I believe a few of you were interested in.

Figured some one would have posted these already

Asphalt 5 is back on sale for .99 cents, and features retina display support

845882.png

http://appshopper.com/games/asphalt-5

rated: 4.00 out of 5 by 4594 users.

Oregon Trail is back down to 2.99 for those interested

519882.png

http://appshopper.com/games/the-oregon-trail

Westward, Ho! Your favorite pioneering adventure game is back and takes you to an exciting, historical side-scrolling adventure entirely rethought to fit the Touch experience of your iPhone / iPod touch.

Average Rating:3.50 (23146)

[quote name='DtotheP']I'm on the fence about the bank of the west deal. How many of you bit?[/QUOTE]

Got my debit card yesterday, so I need to figure out for sure what is considered a debit transaction

a) using it as a credit card
b) buying something using a pin

Hopefully the credit card use is still consider a debit transaction as the money is withdrawn from the account as if it was a debit transaction.

[quote name='jamesesdad']Figured some one would have posted these already

Asphalt 5 is back on sale for .99 cents, and features retina display support

845882.png

http://appshopper.com/games/asphalt-5

rated: 4.00 out of 5 by 4594 users.

Oregon Trail is back down to 2.99 for those interested

519882.png

http://appshopper.com/games/the-oregon-trail

Westward, Ho! Your favorite pioneering adventure game is back and takes you to an exciting, historical side-scrolling adventure entirely rethought to fit the Touch experience of your iPhone / iPod touch.

Average Rating:3.50 (23146)[/QUOTE]
thanks for the heads up on these, any recommendations for these two games? I played the Oregon Trail demo and it was good but don't know if its worth it at that price and might wait til it drops even further

[quote name='anarchyburger']thanks for the heads up on these, any recommendations for these two games? I played the Oregon Trail demo and it was good but don't know if its worth it at that price and might wait til it drops even further[/QUOTE]

I bought both last time and I love them. Amazing...

[quote name='anarchyburger']thanks for the heads up on these, any recommendations for these two games? I played the Oregon Trail demo and it was good but don't know if its worth it at that price and might wait til it drops even further[/QUOTE]
Though Oregon Trail is probably worth the $2.99, I bought it just a few weeks ago because it was at $.99. So if I were you I'd wait on that, but if you're interested in Asphalt 5 it probably won't drop below that.

[quote name='stoned99']Got my debit card yesterday, so I need to figure out for sure what is considered a debit transaction

a) using it as a credit card
b) buying something using a pin

Hopefully the credit card use is still consider a debit transaction as the money is withdrawn from the account as if it was a debit transaction.[/QUOTE]

using your pin is considered a debit transaction and both transaction types pull immediately from your account

[quote name='Malik112099']using your pin is considered a debit transaction and both transaction types pull immediately from your account[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know the cash is removed from the back instantly but was questioning the terms of what the bank considers a debit transaction.

This text is from their terms and conditions

"Qualifying debit card transactions include signature, or PIN-based purchases only. "

I'd personally wait on Oregon Trail until it hits 99 cents again ... the graphics are great and they added a bunch of mini games ... but they took out the actual challenge in it and the tension that the original had.

This version is incredibly cartoony and even at the highest difficulty level, it still doesn't allow for the detailed choices that the original had (how many supplies to bring, many professions, etc). For me, it just felt watered down in the core gameplay and that they attempted to glitz it up with minigames that are terribly easy and not something that stands up to the original classic.

They both count; they're both debit as they pull from your checking. It's only credit if it comes from a line of credit.

Signature is when they run your check card like a visa, and you sign.

Sorcerer of Fortune, an exclusive RPG, has dropped to 99 CENTS, down from two dollars, for a limited time only.

290421.png

http://appshopper.com/games/sorcerer-of-fortune

Special price for the opening offer : 67% off price for the Sorcerer of Fortune

"Sorcerer of fortune" is mutually accepted from the previous game "Rebirth of fortune" and focused on the sorcerers' among the various classes.

In the Fortune World, there is a magic energy called, Ether. You can get orbs as you refine the Ether. The Orb can be used for the resource to the magic. There is a class, Sorcerers, who uses orbs to spell the magic.

There are 8 orbs in the fortune world. You can use stronger magic as you place Orbs well-strategically.

40 Sorcerers with each story for new adventures and more than 250 various items. Meteor Dragon is related all of them and is centered in this Fortune World. Start your adventure to defeat the Meteor Dragon.

The Game Rule

1. Choose a character and start the game. You will be entered the world map of the Fortune World. You can see the enemy sorcerer by touching the remarked area on the world map.

2. When the engaged with the enemy has started, the Orb Board, 6X6 size, will be centered on the screen. You can move one orb for the each turn alternately with the opponent.

3. Match 3 identical orbs or more than that in a row, then they'll be destroyed. When they are destroyed, the energy from it will damage on your opponent. You can generate more powerful magic as your statues(8 numbers for the statue on the bottom of the window).

4. There will be a COMBO when you get extra destroy of Orbes as they are moved to find empty place because of the previous matching. When you get a COMBO, you can damage your opponent stronger.

5. You can fill a lot more Ether gauge when you get combos or destroying lower statue orbs. When your ether gauge is filled, you can use your lethal moves.

6. Each character has own attack skills and defense skill uniquely. Choose properly to attack or to defense for each circumstance.

7. The sorcerer will be the winner who makes 0 HP of the opponent sorcerer first. When you win the battle, you get the golds, Exps and items for your rewards

8. You can equip the item on the SetUp window which you got for the reward. When you equip the item, you get more abilities as well from the item.

9. You can buy some items from the Item Shop with gold you got from the battle. Among the items, the ExpPotions is most effective item because it levels up to next level for the character instantly(but the price is not cheap.). It will be re-listed up everytime as how many those items you clear for the rest of items.

10. You can have only for 3 characters for the first time. After you get to the end for a character, you can choose new character which is related with the one you just cleared stages. At the end, you can extend upto 40 characters.

Sorry this isn't a deal post, but I got a push notification from the FAAD app and I went to all of the featured games, but the friggib "1" is still displayed over the icon. Do I have to uninstall to get rid of the annoyance?

Does anyone have problems controlling gta for the ipod? I really regret not getting it for the ds because the driving controls are crap

Monster-Dash from the creators of fruit ninja was released today. Not a deal @ .99 cents but the game looks like a fun canabalt style game with more depth.

070561.png

http://appshopper.com/games/monster-dash

"Monster Dash is an action game starring the lovable hero Barry Steakfries as he runs and shoots monsters with nothing to lose! Travel through portals to visit exotic world locations, battling demons, mummies, vampires and more! No monster is safe when Steakfries is on the case!

Instantly playable and simple to control, the action speeds up and changes gears with every new world. best of all, there are weapon and health pickups to buff Steakfries into serious action mode! Blast your enemies with the one shot Pacifier, electro-charge your way to victory with Mr. Zappy, and look out for the ultimate in raining destruction -- the Machine Gun Jetpack!"

Currently no reviews

Nastyroids is temporarily free, I'm only posting this because I find the title quite humorous.

161800.png

http://appshopper.com/games/nastyroids

I can only assume the game totally sucks, but I'm only basing that off screenshots. Feel free to check it out, but like 95% of the stuff that goes free everyday, I'm not even wasting my time with it.

The new OpenFeint Free Game of the Day is Detonation (http://itunes.apple.com/app/detonation/id385427349?mt=8).

"As an Officer of the Intergalactic Alliance, it is your duty to protect developing and advanced planets and solar systems from alien invasion. With the arrival of the Detonation Wave, you are called forth to battle this enemy with all that you have to preserve the natural balance of the universe.
--------------
Play through 3 Modes of Gameplay! (Story, Endless – Time Attack, Endless – Score Attack)
Cutscenes, with Audio Dialog
Visit 9 different Planets
Huge Explosions, Fast Action

Features: 5 different types of bombs with unique exposions, 4 types of power-ups with multiple effects"

[quote name='gamercheap5']Thanks for the tip on Monster Dash, it is fun-fun-fun.[/QUOTE]

I'll be picking this up around Halloween.

I think this has become my new favorite thread. I just got an iphone finally this week, and because of free game deals found here, I am loaded up!

[quote name='mcdaking84']Does anyone have problems controlling gta for the ipod? I really regret not getting it for the ds because the driving controls are crap[/QUOTE]

I have the DS version, and honestly, the driving controls are pretty crap on it too. I haven't really been able to get into the game because I hate the driving controls so much.

I honestly thought it was me who thought the problems were crappy in GTA: Chinatown Wars too. Although I think that the DS is slightly better although both are motion control.

[quote name='DtotheP']Oregon Trail is $.99 right now.

Hurry.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I got it last time. Everyone who doesn't have it go get it now.

[quote name='Escher0']Solitaire Siege is a pretty good solitaire card game. It's basically Pyramid Solitaire with some twists and bonuses. I got it last time it was free and played it a whole bunch.[/QUOTE]

Nice... in for one.

[quote name='arcane93']I have the DS version, and honestly, the driving controls are pretty crap on it too. I haven't really been able to get into the game because I hate the driving controls so much.[/QUOTE]Seriously? I felt the driving controls were a delightful surprise! The car auto centers along the road so you don't have to worry about swerving left and right just to make it from point A to point B. That being said, I'm not sure I played the iPhone version of GTA at all, so I can't vouch for the controls. Hopefully they're comparable to the DS's, but who knows?!

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Just bought Monster Dash. =][/QUOTE]

Happy Halloween!!!!!

I snagged it last night and can definitely recommend it for a buck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back