Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
Gamecenter ID adds:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=272367

This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it reached 5,000+ posts making a new thread is easier to read through.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Apple iPhone & iPod Touch games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iPod\iPhone. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be redownloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support site. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iPhone or iPod Touch, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try these sites for do it yourself replacement parts & fixes.
    iFixit Touch Repair Guide ; iFixit iPhone Repair Guide ; TechRestore
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fazfznz']I hope you all know that he just copied that list from TouchArcade.com , dimsdale the least you could do is give credit for the article there on the site. Its always easy to copy and paste.[/QUOTE]

I don't care where he got the info from. It saved me from checking different sites for the deals.

THANKS DIMS!!

Dear Jared Nelson,

Thank you for putting together and posting such a great list of apps currently on sale on Toucharcade. Next time you make a list like that, please share it on this site as well. Otherwise we will be forced to copy your list and post it without giving you the proper credit. Dimsdale was thinking of us fellow CAG's and posted your list on our site. We all thanked him for such a great list. Had you posted your list first, you would have received many 'Thank You' messages. Instead credit goes to DIMS for his dedication.

Sincerely,

107proof

[quote name='107proof']Dear Jared Nelson,

Thank you for putting together and posting such a great list of apps currently on sale on Toucharcade. Next time you make a list like that, please share it on this site as well. Otherwise we will be forced to copy your list and post it without giving you the proper credit. Dimsdale was thinking of us fellow CAG's and posted your list on our site. We all thanked him for such a great list. Had you posted your list first, you would have received many 'Thank You' messages. Instead credit goes to DIMS for his dedication.

Sincerely,

107proof[/QUOTE]
I agree completely.

[quote name='107proof']Dear Jared Nelson,

Sincerely,

107proof[/QUOTE]

I don't go to toucharcade, but I go here.

Thanks Dims

[quote name='fazfznz']I hope you all know that he just copied that list from TouchArcade.com , dimsdale the least you could do is give credit for the article there on the site. Its always easy to copy and paste.[/QUOTE]

and he's been doing this for countless pages upon pages when he's not asked, but universally thanked. you're not enlightening anyone here and I wish you would return to obscurity :bouncy:

All i'm saying is credit should be given where credit is due. I'm sure if the article writer visited CAG or any other site that used that post then he would appreciate if article was linked back to TA because its a great site. I'm sure if you all enjoyed Dimsdale "posting" then at least one of you would enjoy reading and visiting TouchArcade.

BTW i love the haterade and it tastes damn good :cool:

Geez Dims quit plagiarizing when you make your app deal reports. I EXPECT A BIBLIOGRAPHY WITH YOUR REPORT!!! FAIL! by the way thats all sarcasm... THANKS DIMS!

I thought a lot of people here get upset when someone rips off deals from CAG and posts it on slickdeals or another similiar site without giving any credit. Judging from this thread, I'm guessing that thought was completely inaccurate.

Once again topic has completely derailed. No one gives a flying fuck where you copied the links from dims, ignore faznzz whatever the he'll his name is and keep posting deals without a detailed bibliography. We all appreciate what you do. Now, for the love of Christ can we get back to the deals.

[quote name='o0achilles0o']For $.99, Doodle God is hard to put down... and I don't know why - it's a really simple concept.[/QUOTE]

Seconded. It probably only lasts an hour or two, but it is a blast.

You can try a free flash version here.

This case is AWESOME. It is also $80.....still probably going to buy it

http://elementcase.com/iphone4.html

banner1ob.jpg

[quote name='Malik112099']This case is AWESOME. It is also $80.....still probably going to buy it

http://elementcase.com/iphone4.html

[/QUOTE]

Nice, but I wonder if having a case made from metal wouldn't just cause the same antenna issues that having no case at all causes. Also, how difficult would it be to remove the case if you wanted to put the phone in a dock?

[quote name='arcane93']Nice, but I wonder if having a case made from metal wouldn't just cause the same antenna issues that having no case at all causes. Also, how difficult would it be to remove the case if you wanted to put the phone in a dock?[/QUOTE]

From the website:

It also creates
a non-conductive barrier to help maintain the iPhone's antenna signal strength.

Looks sleek but $80 is pretty serious money for a cell phone case.

[quote name='graf1k']From the website:[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok, I didn't bother to read down that far.

[quote name='graf1k']Looks sleek but $80 is pretty serious money for a cell phone case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seriously. It's nice, but I'm not sure what it offers that the Apple bumper case doesn't. Well, other than being able to claim that you've got an $80 case on your phone, if that matters to you. ;)

[quote name='arcane93']Ah, ok, I didn't bother to read down that far.

Yeah, seriously. It's nice, but I'm not sure what it offers that the Apple bumper case doesn't. Well, other than being able to claim that you've got an $80 case on your phone, if that matters to you. ;)[/QUOTE]

I would be afraid to admit that to anyone. Then they will realize how stupid I am for spending that much money on a freakin case. Take a Lance armstrong bracelet and stretch around it. Works like a champ. Ha...

I am still waiting for an otterbox. I bought a griffin clear case at Best Buy for my 4.

On a pissed off lighter note, there's a very tiny scratch on the bottom corner of the front. I have babied this thing, I thought this "gorilla glass" was supposed to be scratch proof :mad:

[quote name='mr_bungle']I am still waiting for an otterbox. I bought a griffin clear case at Best Buy for my 4.

On a pissed off lighter note, there's a very tiny scratch on the bottom corner of the front. I have babied this thing, I thought this "gorilla glass" was supposed to be scratch proof :mad:[/QUOTE]

It's scratch resistant, not scratch proof. It's the same for almost anything else out there. I scratched my iPod touch 3rd gen and it pissed me off too. I definitely recommend a screen protector for these things. Of course, now I have an iPhone 4 and am enjoying the screen protector on it.

I have a full Zagg on mine. My wife is waiting for the otterbox as well. Is complete bullshit they aren't out yet. I had my zagg before my phone showed up.

I don't mind the $80 price forth vapor4 case since people are selling the fugly bumpers for $100 on eBay. My only sticking point is that my headphones have an angled jack and I don't know if it will work with the vapor case.

Why would you pay $100 for a bumper case when you can get them from apple for retail? The black, at least, is available, and this vapor case is black so... plus I can't say that I like the goofy huge "Vapor" on the side. The thing ought to be steeply discounted if it's got an advertisement on the side. Plus I'm worried about the recessed headphone hole, and your paying $80 to find out if it's useless or not.

[quote name='crunchewy']Why would you pay $100 for a bumper case when you can get them from apple for retail? The black, at least, is available, and this vapor case is black so... plus I can't say that I like the goofy huge "Vapor" on the side. The thing ought to be steeply discounted if it's got an advertisement on the side. Plus I'm worried about the recessed headphone hole, and your paying $80 to find out if it's useless or not.[/QUOTE]

Or.. You could always email steve jobs and complain about reception and get him to send you a free Bumper.

[quote name='107proof']Or.. You could always email steve jobs and complain about reception and get him to send you a free Bumper.[/QUOTE]
I have a silicone case which covers the back and sides for my i4 and i have no reception issues when i apparently 'hold it the wrong way'. It cost me $2 from a Chinese retailer, I'm satisfied with it.

ChrisNSally- The iTunes developer program to adjust their app prices and info and update with new builds is usually down on holidays so all the sales for each holiday go in effect a day or two before that respective holiday.

[quote name='ma']Seconded. It probably only lasts an hour or two, but it is a blast.

You can try a free flash version here.[/QUOTE]
If I played through all 115/115 on the flash version at work yesterday (strictly productively of course ;)) is the app worth it?

I guess what I'm mainly asking is that I'm hearing rumors of a second episode, has anyone seen anything remotely official as to whether that is going to be free update, in-app purchase, or new app?

Although chances are I'll pick it up anyways just to support and hopefully play again when the experience isn't fresh on my mind.

dudes for the love of god, take it to the iphone 4 support thread. You are just junking up this thread with non deal discussion about this stupid 80 dollar phone case which is the fucking opposite of a deal.

[quote name='blue ocarina']If I played through all 115/115 on the flash version at work yesterday (strictly productively of course ;)) is the app worth it?

I guess what I'm mainly asking is that I'm hearing rumors of a second episode, has anyone seen anything remotely official as to whether that is going to be free update, in-app purchase, or new app?

Although chances are I'll pick it up anyways just to support and hopefully play again when the experience isn't fresh on my mind.[/QUOTE]

The current iTunes version of the app is Episodes 1&2 and has 140 elements. I can't imagine it would be worth playing again though, and the game starts to drag pretty hard at the end. OTOH, it's $1.

Are there any CAGs interested in playing some multiplayer Carcassonne games? Having "friends" is the only way to have 3+ player games, as well as Words With Friends style multiplayer where you don't all have to be online at the same time (albeit meaning that games take a while.)

[quote name='crunchewy']Are there any CAGs interested in playing some multiplayer Carcassonne games? Having "friends" is the only way to have 3+ player games, as well as Words With Friends style multiplayer where you don't all have to be online at the same time (albeit meaning that games take a while.)[/QUOTE]

If you play a game like that, does it have notifications that pop up for when it's your turn? I'm potentially interested, as I've been thinking of picking it up anyway but balking at spending $5 for it. But I'm honestly a little afraid that in a game like that I'd forget about it and leave other players hanging if it doesn't remind me somehow.

Apparently Carcassone does notifications, but I can't verify that myself as I haven't played a friend game since i have no friends with the game yet! If you play a quick match with strangers, those are live, timed games, and only 2-player. Friend games can be up to 5 players.

And the game is definitely
Worth $5. The vs computer games are great, pass-and-play local multiplayer is presumably good (haven't tried it yet), the quick matches are good, even the new solitaire is very good, much better then I was expecting. The only thing I'm a little dissappointed in is that it doesn't have the spiffy graphics/animation of the XBLA version, and I would think the iPhone/iPod touch could handle that easily. Maybe in an update? In any case it doesn't stop such a great game from being great.

[quote name='blue ocarina']If I played through all 115/115 on the flash version at work yesterday (strictly productively of course ;)) is the app worth it?

Although chances are I'll pick it up anyways just to support and hopefully play again when the experience isn't fresh on my mind.[/QUOTE]
My kids love it enough to have played through once and reset before the update came out. Since the update, they've played another time through to 140 and just yesterday reset it again for another run through it. Not sure how much others might like it, but my kids enjoy it enough for a few plays through.

I'm interested in playing some Carcassonne , bought the App a few weeks ago and have only played a few random internet games since...

Wow. . .sorry for starting that firestorm of controversy a few pages back. I was just trying to post stuff before I had to leave town. I actually did mean to credit TouchArcade for that list, too. Thanks, TA!

Anyways, back to your (sorta) daily free sites update:

Free App a Day has another noise maker called iGun Ultmate (http://www.freeappaday.com/napp.php?id=229) for all you virtual-firearms fans.

OpenFeint is featuring Skid Racer! today for its free game (http://itunes.apple.com/app/skid-racer/id372280272?mt=8).

Great App a Day is showcasing iSub (http://www.greatappaday.com/details/isub/).

Free App Calendar has Busted! (http://www.freeappcalendar.com/details.php?id=238).

Aaaah, it's good to be back amongst the WiFi-enabled once again. . .

The highly-rated Pandora War is currently on sale for .99 (http://itunes.apple.com/app/pandora-war/id376368539?mt=8). Looks like a pretty slick castle defense:

"You are now the defender of the holy temple of God. Fight the ever-striking enemies with powerful magic and mercenaries!

Pandora War is an easy-to-play shooting defense game which defeating corrupted enemies that charge to the holy land of God by direct screen touch. Each enemy has its own special skills, so you’ll need to think fast and plan ahead to combat them all. But be careful how you manage your resourced-Gold and Mana.
With splendid and colorful magic attack and original characters, you will be guided to the world of a new and upgraded defense game."

There's also a lite version if you want to try before you buy.

Didnt see it posted, sorry if its a repost.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Dropped 3 bucks down to $6.99

182980.png

Let the Warrior Within take over your iPhone/iPod touch! One of the most anticipated video game franchises is finally available on the App Store. Hunted down by the Empress of Time, you’ll embark on a pirate ship and visit accursed palaces to triumph over evil.

http://appshopper.com/games/prince-of-persia-warrior-within

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back