iPod Touch\iPhone\iPad -- Ongoing App Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanflucas

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
This is a continuation of this previous thread. Since it was getting very close to the 5,000 thread mark, I figured it was time for a reset.

Post any deals you find, recommendations, requests for deals, etc. Please keep things as civil as possible. There's no such thing as a bad deal post and reviews are opinions. :)

Games in the App store are constantly going on sale. While I originally posted games and prices in this post, it's become almost impossible to keep up with it all. Feel free to post in this topic on good deals and games you enjoy. Developers are also encouraged to join in, especially if they are running promos or sales.

If you want to check out a particular game, try the following review sites, or ask in here so fellow CAG's can assist you.

Price Drop Sites

App & Game Review Sites

YouTube Video Reviews

Apple Game Center
Apple Game Center allows you to keep a friends list, track your in game achievements, and compare with your friends. Many games are starting to support this. Currently this only runs on iPod & iPhone, but an update will be coming soon that enables this for iPad users.

Make sure to checkout the official CAG Game Center exchange thread. You can post your game center name and see the names of your favorite CAG'rs. You can also exchange OpenFeint & Plus+ names there.

Important Notes:

1. Make sure to check for periodic updates either in iTunes or on your iOS devices. For each release of new firmware, there's usually a bunch of games updated right afterward.
  2. Some applications also go on sale by their authors when they reach 1 million download and similar milestones.
  3. Apps often have specials the day before, during, and after holidays, regardless if said game/app is related to the holiday.
  4. Newly released apps will often have a % or dollar amount off for a limited period of time to gain a large following quicker. While browsing the app store you can go to a particular type or genre and order according to release date. This can make finding new app discounts faster.
  5. Make sure to backup your purchases in iTunes to CD/DVD for safe keeping. You can do this by clicking File-->Library-->Backup to Disc. Then choose all purchases, applications only, and full or incremental backup. How often is up to you, but I do this monthly, or more often if I buy a lot of apps.
  6. Apps can be re-downloaded without incurring an extra charge if you previously purchased it. This is good if you have a crash and forget to backup your purchases. I don't know if this is a permanent feature so backing up regularly is still important.
  7. I strongly advise not to buy iTunes Gift Cards by 3rd parties unless you know they can be trusted. Retail stores, receiving cards as gifts, etc are the best ways. There are many credit card scams, stolen cards, hacked cards going around, especially on Ebay.
  8. If you are the victim of a iTunes Card scam or get your account locked due to one not all hope is lost. Apple has been fairly lenient on these issues. Call Apple directly at 1-800-MY-APPLE, or check the iTunes Store support page. Also going to your local Apple Store to discuss it can help. The account locking is an automated process and can be reversed. This can take time so be cautious if you use gift cards from 3rd party sources.
  9. If you somehow break your iOS device, you have some options. If you bought the Applecare warranty it should be covered for most items. If your Applecare ran out or you don't have one, try using one of the repair guides on iFixit to repair it yourself. Apple Stores have been known to give discounts if you bring in a iOS device that they will not fix since it's not in warranty. This discount however is very small.
  10. Using a screen protector can extend the life of your device. Most stores carry these, but they can be hard to install. The best I have personally used are made by a company called Power Support. They have both clear and anti-glare protectors. They are easier to install because the protector is a firm yet thin piece of plastic. Two come in a pack, average price I've seen is $20. They have an Ebay Store that might save you a few bucks. Griffin Technologies and Zagg are also very good.

[quote name='jcslao']You know what's crazy is that I have the appshopper app and I could of sworn I thought I saw .99 and below it, it said it use to be FREE and had a red slash mark going through it.

It doesn't even say it in the price history.

Hmmmmm...my brain hurts! Ha[/QUOTE]

The Appshopper app page template defaults at "free", then gets updated to the actual price after it loads. There has been a couple times I thought an app was free but my Internet connection was just slow.

Also, iFlipclock - currently free. Nice little desktop clock/weather app.

App Store

I got both the Zenonia's a while back. Started playing the first one. It seems okay, although it didn't really grab me or anything. Is Queen's Crown any better?

Has anyone played Ultimate mk3 on the iPad? I know the X2 X1 size of screen button is going to be annoying but other than that is there anything bad I should know before spending my 4 quarters?

I'd like to recommend a unique and cool iPhone game:

eBoy FixPix

It uses the tilt control to line up quirky pictures -- 175 in all. I've had a lot of fun with it, and my 6-year-old nephew dug it too.
It's been $0.99 for a while, and has never been free. Check it out, and if it looks interesting to you, I suggest you pick it up.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/eboy-fixpix/id371977953?mt=8

Some reviews are talking about crashes. Never experienced any issues with it.

[quote name='ViolentLee']I'd like to recommend a unique and cool iPhone game:
eBoy FixPix
Some reviews are talking about crashes. Never experienced any issues with it.[/QUOTE]
I just beat the lite version with no crashes on the iPad, in for the full version. Thanks

[quote name='Dimsdale']Holysmokes, I just saw that the App Store is nearing 10 billion downloads. If you're the lucky one who actually downloads the 10 billionth item, you'll win a $10,000 iTunes Gift Card (http://www.apple.com/itunes/10-billion-app-countdown/)! Pretty sweet considering you don't have to actually buy anything. Just keep downloading freebies and keep your fingers crossed . . .

EDIT: Heck, you don't even have to download a freebie to get in on the deal. Simply fill out a form (http://www.apple.com/itunes/10-billion-app-countdown/entry-form/) and take your chances that way if you want.[/QUOTE]

I think it's going to hit tonight, about 7 million to go.

Chefs Attack is FREE for a very limited time (http://itunes.apple.com/app/chefs-attack/id396430727?mt=8).
"Remember those good old times where games were just fun? Well, these Chefs sure do and they're getting you back into a modern-retro puzzle game!
Chefs Attack is a hectic, addictive puzzle game in which you need to put items of the same kind on top of eachother to get higher and higher scores. To do this, a team of Chefs is ready to help you switch items around in any way you please, to prepare for the next wave of falling items. Just go ahead and poke 'em; they switch those items around before you can say “RECIPE!”!"

Another puzzler, Clickomania, in regular (http://itunes.apple.com/app/clickomania/id357371876?mt=8#) and HD (http://itunes.apple.com/app/clickomania-hd/id368589105?mt=8) versions, has also dropped to FREE for the time being.
"The main goal of the player is to clear the field from the balls, clicking on the balls of the same color. The field is 9 balls wide and 12 balls long. When the entire column is cleared, the nearby columns shift to the right. If the player manages to clear the entire field, he or she receives a bonus at the end of the game. You can adjust the difficulty level of the game by choosing the number of ball colors that you are playing with.
To win in the Clicomania game you have to consider many available options and choose the most appropriate ones, so that you could clear as many balls as possible with one click, thus gaining the most points.
Click on the balls, gain the points and increase your position in ranking!"

New FAAD games include:
Zombie&Lawn (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombie-lawn/id412105129?mt=8)
"Thomas and his family move to a secluded house, but the neighborhood seems a little strange.
There are unidentified tombstones around the house... And the area is eerie.
It turns out that the house is sitting on what used to be a cemetery.
But Thomas'mom orders him to mow the lawn around the house every day and keep a log in his diary.
If he doesn't work, he won’t be getting any allowance.
Thomas starts to follow the order since the day he receives the diary...
However, there are zombies hiding in the lawn and Thomas has to fight them in order to get the job done....
Now, let's help Thomas defeat the zombies!!"

Doodle Jumping Star
(http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/doodle-jumping-star/id403728364?mt=8)
"In Doodle Jumping Star, you can create your own character to jump up the platforms! Use the editor tool to draw and create your own jumping stars - You can even import photos from your camera album and edit them using the editor. Help the disposed robots escape from the scrapyard by making them jump as high as possible. Collect Blue points to unlock more characters and costumes!"

Flick Darts
(http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flick-darts/id405782091?mt=8)
"Fick Darts Arcade is a frantic target shooting game.
Play "Ducks" in frenzy mode to see how many points you can collect before the time runs out.
Play "Ducks" in classic mode to see how many points you can score before you've run out of lives... Let a duck get past you and you'll lose a life. The radioactive symbol will end your game immediately."

New FAAD games include:
"Thomas and his family move to a secluded house, but the neighborhood seems a little strange.
But Thomas'mom orders him to mow the lawn around the house every day and keep a log in his diary.
However, there are zombies hiding in the lawn and Thomas has to fight them in order to get the job done....
Now, let's help Thomas defeat the zombies!!"

Doodle Jumping Star
(http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/doodle-jumping-star/id403728364?mt=8)
"In Doodle Jumping Star, you can create your own character to jump up the platforms! Use the editor tool to draw and create your own jumping stars - You can even import photos from your camera album and edit them using the editor. Help the disposed robots escape from the scrapyard by making them jump as high as possible. Collect Blue points to unlock more characters and costumes!"

Flick Darts
(http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/flick-darts/id405782091?mt=8)
"Fick Darts Arcade is a frantic target shooting game.
Play "Ducks" in frenzy mode to see how many points you can collect before the time runs out.
Play "Ducks" in classic mode to see how many points you can score before you've run out of lives... Let a duck get past you and you'll lose a life. The radioactive symbol will end your game immediately."

[quote name='Dimsdale']Thanks for the heads up on another cool noisemaker for my Phone! Using it kind of reminds me of the Jimmy Page footage when he's playing his Theremin with Led Zeppelin. Fun![/QUOTE]

I set it on r2d2 with the theremin scale and my 2 year old and I walk around pretending to be broken robots. I also taught her to say, "I'm a robot. I'm talking like a robot."

SNL reference...

[quote name='Dimsdale']New FAAD games include:
Now, let's help Thomas defeat the zombies!!"[/QUOTE]
Really now

Who made it? GAMELOFT?

It doesn't play like a Plants vs Zombies clone though, you move a lawnmowing kid around using a virtual joystick and you just run zombies over.

A couple of days ago Junecloud said on Twitter: January 22nd, 2006, the widget that became Delivery Status was first published. We're planning to celebrate a bit… So I'm guessing this is part of their celebration (I was hoping that it would go either $0.99 or free, tho).

Delivery Status touch, a package tracker PRICE DROP $4.99 -> $2.99
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/delivery-status-touch-package/id290986013?mt=8

Delivery Status touch helps you keep track of all your packages, so you always know when they’re going to arrive. The main view shows the latest status of your packages, and counts down to the estimated delivery date. Tap a delivery for more information, and if you like you can view the shipping company’s web page, or see where your packages are on a map.

there's a *free* version of queen's crown.

but the short answer is - no point in buying the full version if you don't really like the zen. games, you'll want your time back.

[quote name='fragged3d']Any games on ipad that are like the disgaea series? Anymore like crystal defenders?[/QUOTE]

I really like the console version of Crystal Defenders. Not sure how the iOS version is though.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']A couple of days ago Junecloud said on Twitter: January 22nd, 2006, the widget that became Delivery Status was first published. We're planning to celebrate a bit… So I'm guessing this is part of their celebration (I was hoping that it would go either $0.99 or free, tho).

Delivery Status touch, a package tracker PRICE DROP $4.99 -> $2.99
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/delivery-status-touch-package/id290986013?mt=8

Delivery Status touch helps you keep track of all your packages, so you always know when they’re going to arrive. The main view shows the latest status of your packages, and counts down to the estimated delivery date. Tap a delivery for more information, and if you like you can view the shipping company’s web page, or see where your packages are on a map.
[/QUOTE]

I recommend this app, especially if you have a Mac. There's a companion Dashboard app that syncs up with it via junecloud, but even without that this is a great little app. I made good use of it over the holidays and since I buy lots of stuff from amazon and elsewhere, it's been coming in handy periodically since. I think it's worth $2.99.

Daring Racoon is the new OpenFeint freebie (http://itunes.apple.com/app/daring-raccoon/id406217351?mt=8).
"Grab treasure, avoid every enemy, and race through a maze of adventure with Daring Raccoon!
Download this retro themed arcade style puzzle adventure right now and run, jump, and climb your way to victory through more than 50 uniquely challenging vertical levels.
Every stage represents a different challenging puzzle that requires strategic thought and quick witted agility to successfully pass."

Brutal Fantasy – The Orcs of Undermountain
is the latest FAAD featured game (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/brutal-fantasy-the-orcs-undermountain/id399617563?mt=8).
"Follow the lone "Knight of the Blue Guard" as he surrenders his soul to darkness in order to protect his land from the savage orc uprising.
** An unforgettable action packed RPG/Beat-em-up hybrid.
** Dozens of unique weapons that enhance your stats such as the "Fire Starter" dagger and the "Ice Queen" sword.
** Collect unique items such as vampire skulls, lich dolls, and magical tomes to enhance your stats, magic skills and other perks.
** 7 powerful magic spells including "Magic Missile", "Ice Spear", "Golem Skin" and "Berzerker". Mix and match to form your own strategies."

[quote name='crunchewy']I recommend this app, especially if you have a Mac. There's a companion Dashboard app that syncs up with it via junecloud, but even without that this is a great little app. I made good use of it over the holidays and since I buy lots of stuff from amazon and elsewhere, it's been coming in handy periodically since. I think it's worth $2.99.[/QUOTE]

Exactly! This is probably the best one on the market (and you can get rid of all those FedEx, USPS, UPS, DHL, etc. apps and have everything in a single one). I bought it a couple of minutes ago.

[quote name='crunchewy']I recommend this app, especially if you have a Mac. There's a companion Dashboard app that syncs up with it via junecloud, but even without that this is a great little app. I made good use of it over the holidays and since I buy lots of stuff from amazon and elsewhere, it's been coming in handy periodically since. I think it's worth $2.99.[/QUOTE]

This is a fantastic app. I highly recommend it. Nice not to have to have a million tracking windows open! :)

The Mac games on Appshopper are starting to bug me. It has shown Dink Smallwood HD as being free all day but says no where that it's for Mac, I had to e-mail rtsoft to find out what was up. http://appshopper.com/games/dink-smallwood-hd-2

"Ahh ok. Strange, you're right, they are picking up the Mac release.  Sorry for the confusion, maybe because it has the exact same name it confused their system.
Thanks,

Seth A. Robinson
www.rtsoft.com"

The multi-title AppConvoy Action Pack is currently available for FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/appconvoy-action-pack-8-games/id403675629?mt=8).
Bundled games include:
• Apache Storm – The Killing Spree
• Black Matter
• Soul
• Sir Revs-a-Lot
• Legends of Elendria: The Frozen Maiden
• Alien Swing
• Globs!
• Artilect
"Buy the AppConvoy Action Pack and get the full version of all of these games. All games have previously been available only as separate apps. Get the AppConvoy and save at least 75% over buying the games separately, with more content to come!
All games have been developed by independent developers from around the world. AppConvoy is a collaboration of indies who have each contributed high quality content. We've scoured the app store to find great indie content, so that you can trust the quality of games included in the bundle. Visit AppConvoy.com for more info on each game and their developers, and to find more great AppConvoy App Packs!"

Or you could save yourself $2.99 and just use the Packagetrackr web site. Totally free and they have an iPhone formatted page layout in addition to a regular site. Plus, I have yet to find a carrier that isn't supported. Been using them for a couple years now - especially around the holidays and I love it.

[quote name='WilliamG']This is a fantastic app. I highly recommend it. Nice not to have to have a million tracking windows open! :)[/QUOTE]

Packtrack.com anyone?

[quote name='JDUB X']I really like the console version of Crystal Defenders. Not sure how the iOS version is though.[/QUOTE]
Battle for wesnoth?
It's free for pc if you want to try it before you buy.

Skycat and the starchildren is among the new FAAD titles today (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/skyc...=30&siteID=OYovZCnDRhw-1kfbktuxxPc_MdIilMKyMg).
"Skycat and the starchildren is a FAST-PACED, CONSTANT-RUNNING platform game, where YOU take the role as Skycat on his mission to save his dear friend Fatcat from certain DOOM. Unlock THREE unique worlds with a total of EIGHTEEN levels in story-mode or compete against your friends for the BEST TIMES in time-trial mode.
- Charming cartoon graphics with smooth character animations
- Storybook-like intro and ending
- A total of 18 levels
- 3 worlds with unique graphical themes and music
- Ranking system with Gold/Silver/Bronze for each level
- Multiple paths through each level
- Score sharing through Facebook
- Leaderboards supported by Game Center"

Disc Pool is also up on FAAD (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/disc-pool/id359839935?mt=8#).
"Disc Pool is the Miniclip hit game by Raketspel. This casual pool-style game will give you hours of fun and exiting gameplay.
The game features:
- Disc Pool multiplayer with Game Center. Challenge everyone!
- Leaderboards and Achievements!
- Disc Pool School – over 100 tricky puzzle waiting to be solved
- Computer players – practice your skills against the 3 different computer opponents"

Liberty Wings is the new OpenFeint Free Game of the Day (http://itunes.apple.com/app/liberty-wings/id405238658?mt=8).
"Take control of a World War II air fighter and fight your way through enemy
lines in this action-packed shoot-em-up!
Liberty Wings puts you in the role of an air officer from the US Navy during World War II, with the mission to hunt and take down all elements of the German Atom Bomb Project. Fly over the Arctic Circle, the Pacific Islands,
Germany and much more, choose between 3 game modes and reach
your objectives to save humanity from the Nuclear Menace!"

Another augmented reality game, Dimension Invaders, is currently available for FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/dimension-invaders/id343058654?mt=8).
"Dimension Invaders is an augmented reality game that uses the iPhone 3GS camera, compass and accelerometer to give you an augmented reality experience.
Through twelve increasing difficulty levels, the enemy spaceships come, shoot and try to crash with you. They come from every possible orientation and you have to search all around you, with your iPhone in landscape mode, to find and destroy the enemy."

CrazyControl 2
$2.99--->.99
A big opening sale for A limited time. Don't miss this chance!

Introduction:
- CrazyControl 2 is unlike any of the existing side scrolling games that you've seen, or played, before.
- Imagine an energetic, challenging and exciting game with multiple characters under your control.
- CrazyControl 2 starts with two characters running side-by-side, with the number of characters multiplying until a maximum of six characters must be controlled by a player at once.
- This game is challenging and as such demands the full attention of new players. But after a player perfects their skills and clears the final stage, they can easily chat on messenger and talk on the phone, at the same time.
- Please check out the game video on our website.

Scenario:
The forest of eternity that protects the village is threatend by an unidentified evil spirit. Many of the trees in the forest are barren, and strange things begin to happen in the forest. The villagers are being threatened by unknown monsters. To solve the mystery, the village chief orders his guards to find the source of evil. The guards get closer and closer to uncovering the source of the evil, but when they have almost succeeded, a monumental betrayal transpires.

Features:
- Dynamic Episode Mode
The Dynamic Episode Mode consists of 60 stages in total. Players start with two characters, with more characters added as the stages progress. By the final stage, players must control six characters, simultaneously.

- 3 Layer Classic 2D Animation
CrazyControl 2 offers the whimsical graphic atmosphere of classic 2D animation fairy tales.

- Upgrade System
Get upgrades on multi-jumps, attacks, defenses, sliding time, hang time, attack time and lethal moves from the coin and jewel shop. Upgrades can be collected from each episode to be used when the player needs them.

- Navigation Map
The map enables players to navigate their position in the story and helps them decide where to travel to next.

- Endless Battle
After perfecting your playing skills in the many stages of the Dynamic Episode Mode, a player is ready to venture into the highlight of CrazyControl 2, the Endless Battle Mode. In the Endless Battle Mode, the same upgrades from the Dynamic Episode Mode are applied and different units are combined for attacking.

- Game Center Integration
Players can check their rankings (high scores, high combos, long distances (Endless Battle Mode)) on the Leader Board.

A multi-player battle function will also soon be implemented.

Tester Comments:
- This is a new multi-control game that I had never played before.
- The fancy graphics of the three layers is reminiscent of 2D animation.
- I found this game to be very addictive-I could hardly put it down!
- It is like an energetic arcade game but with fresh new ideas and superb graphics.

User Tips:
- Since there are more than two characters that you need to control, the game requires high concentration. For new players in particular, it's best not to try and play the game and do other things at the same time.
- You can replay an already cleared stage and collect and use the jewels and coins collected at that stage. This will help you clear the next stage.
- After Stage 15, it is better to upgrade the main characters on the top and the bottom first.
- After Stage 45, the characters increase to five. You'll have to make a full upgrade of the lethal attack function in order to easily clear this stage.
- If characters are upgraded in the Dynamic Episode Mode, try raising the long distance ranking in the Endless Battle Mode.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crazycontrol-2/id405686396?mt=8

[quote name='DtotheP']Jasuto Pro is $2 today, very highly regarded modular synth app, but possibly not for novices.

App Store[/QUOTE]
After watching a few YouTube vids and checking out the developer's website, I decided to pick up this app. Very cool. And very, very deep. Thanks for another quality noisemaking tool! You guys are going to turn me into a synth player yet (albeit a really crappy one) . . .

[quote name='Dimsdale']After watching a few YouTube vids and checking out the developer's website, I decided to pick up this app. Very cool. And very, very deep. Thanks for another quality noisemaking tool! You guys are going to turn me into a synth player yet (albeit a really crappy one) . . .[/QUOTE]

Need another one? Haha

Seline is on sale for $2, down from $10. Its the retina enhanced iPhone port of Seline HD for iPad.

App Store

So is anyone else going to be calling up AT&T starting in February to negotiate new and lower iphone rates or threatening to switch to Verizon? For the first time we actually have an option, my contract is up in March and I will definitely be strong arming AT&T for my business, considering the way they've been giving it to me for the past 6 years.

[quote name='etcrane']So is anyone else going to be calling up AT&T starting in February to negotiate new and lower iphone rates or threatening to switch to Verizon? For the first time we actually have an option, my contract is up in March and I will definitely be strong arming AT&T for my business, considering the way they've been giving it to me for the past 6 years.[/QUOTE]

LOL good luck with that. In the end you'll find out Verizon is more expensive. I weighed all the options right before I got my iPhone 4. I'll be sticking with AT&T. Plus, it's a lot harder to swap numbers on Verizon phones without taking it the store and stuff. AT&T you can swap cards - handing for passing down phones.

[quote name='fake larry']LOL good luck with that. In the end you'll find out Verizon is more expensive. I weighed all the options right before I got my iPhone 4. I'll be sticking with AT&T. Plus, it's a lot harder to swap numbers on Verizon phones without taking it the store and stuff. AT&T you can swap cards - handing for passing down phones.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention needing to buy a new phone for Verizon and not being able to use video chat on their phone. I'm lucky enough to live in a city where AT&T has about the same quality as any of the other carriers, so I've been relatively happy with them.

Odd. My iPad battery is draining fast this morning. I've been doing my normal web browsing while eating breakfast and Im down to 89%. That doesn't make sense...I'm usually at 98% right now.

[quote name='kingtopher']Not to mention needing to buy a new phone for Verizon and not being able to use video chat on their phone. I'm lucky enough to live in a city where AT&T has about the same quality as any of the other carriers, so I've been relatively happy with them.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily, you can go on eBay and find a used phone or new with a clean ESN, cheap might I add and buy it and activate your current number with that phone and get rid of the old phone.

That is painlessly, simple task which takes 5 minutes.

Video chat, over 3G I don't think is possible only on the new 4G networks (LTE). But the IPhone 4 does help now. Video chat over WiFi will be a nice feature, something AT&T can only do also.

[quote name='fake larry']...Plus, it's a lot harder to swap numbers on Verizon phones without taking it the store and stuff. AT&T you can swap cards - handing for passing down phones.[/QUOTE]

Again you do not have to go into store to swap phones. You can do it right at your home or anywhere less than five minutes.

Get a phone with a clean ESN (someone who paid their contract off or who no longer uses the phone) and call #228 and BOOM! From that point forward it's easy. You have a new phone. Verizon has had a strict policy on that in the past but they have made it easier to swap phones for others if you want on the fly.

If you've got a lot of time on your hands (or if you just really like playing solitaire), you may want to check out 700 Solitaire Games for FREE (http://itunes.apple.com/app/700-solitaire-games/id349454293?mt=8). Regular and HD versions are both free right now.
"Features:
♠ Over 700 solitaire games - The largest solitaire collection, including FreeCell, Klondike (classic solitaire), Spider, Canfield, Forty Thieves, Pyramid, and Yukon.
♣ Animated backgrounds - You can download and install full-screen animated backgrounds for your game.
♥ Background images - Thousands of background images available for download directly from our website!
♦ Background colors - You can choose any color your device supports as the background.
♠ Cards back images - More than 60 built-in cards back images.
♣ No moves remaining detection - Alerts you when there are no moves left in a game, at which point you may use the undo button to replay portions of your game or start a new game.
♥ Favorite and hidden games folders - SMPro can track your favorite games separate from the rest.
♦ Filters - SMPro gives you the ability to filter the list of games according to multiple criteria, like skill level, odds of winning, etc., making it easier to find a game you'd like to play.
♠ Hint - SMPro can show you all available moves when you get stuck.
♣ Undo/Redo - You can undo even the longest game to replay any move.
♥ Save/Load - You can save a game to resume later.
♦ Auto-resume last game - When you return to SMPro, you're right where you left off."

Nice - the wife loves solitaire. Is the HD version the iPad version or just the iPhone4 version? I don't have the iPad at work but if it is only free today I need to call the wife and tell her to DL it.

[quote name='seanr1221']Odd. My iPad battery is draining fast this morning. I've been doing my normal web browsing while eating breakfast and Im down to 89%. That doesn't make sense...I'm usually at 98% right now.[/QUOTE]

My iPad does that. Some days it'll take forever to drain, then others the entire battery will drain in 2.5 days or so. I've found that if you have push notifications on, that will drain your battery. I also make sure to close any programs that had been opened, since multi-task seems to drain the battery as well, even when it's sleeping.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Best app for editing office documents and text files? Specifically looking to work out of dropbox, thanks[/QUOTE]

If you have an iPad it's definitely going to be Keynote, Pages, and Numbers. I've heard of other apps that will work as well, but I've had nothing but smooth sailing when using Apple's product suite.

[quote name='kingtopher']Not to mention needing to buy a new phone for Verizon and not being able to use video chat on their phone. I'm lucky enough to live in a city where AT&T has about the same quality as any of the other carriers, so I've been relatively happy with them.[/QUOTE]

Why do you say that Verizon iPhone users won't be able to use video chat? Apple even has an ad out showing Verizon and AT&T customers using Facetime together. I'll be with AT&T for a while yet, probably sticking with them now that the coverage at work is great, but I'm curious about this.

I'm downloading 700 Solitaire Games for iPhone and iPad. Thanks for the heads up Dims!

I downloaded the Inspector Gadget game, man is that game difficult. A sort of bonus for the app, you can unlock 20 episodes of the TV show. However, it seems like they're streaming from somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back