Iron Man 3: 5.2.13

[quote name='GUNNM']Shoulda called him obama bin laden or something else why the mandarain.

Hey guys joker will be in this movie. Nah its just a guy who paints his face like a clown the real bad guy is angry guy at batman for not talking to him a party[/QUOTE]

HOLY SHIT! IM3 just recycled the plot from Batman Forever!:rofl:

[quote name='dohdough']HOLY SHIT! IM3 just recycled the plot from Batman Forever!:rofl:[/QUOTE]

...That actually is a legitimate comparison...

Jim Carrey as the Mandarin...

[quote name='whoknows']I actually compared those two movies as well oddly enough, but in a different way.

Both movies had amazing trailers that hyped me up, but the actual movies ended up being disappointing and nothing like the trailers.[/QUOTE]

There was an amazing Green Lantern trailer that I missed?

Iron Man
Iron Man 2

Now just need to rewatch The Avengers and my girlfriend and I will be set to see Iron Man 3--wanted to rewatch those and let first week crowd die down.

[quote name='DNukem170']...That actually is a legitimate comparison...

Jim Carrey as the Mandarin...[/QUOTE]

I am surprised more people haven't made that connection.

[quote name='DestroVega']There was an amazing Green Lantern trailer that I missed?[/QUOTE]

Sure.

The movie looked great...and then it came out and I saw it.

[quote name='dohdough']I kinda liked Green Lantern?:lol:[/QUOTE]

It wasn't the worst thing ever, but it was very disappointing.

Every time he showed up in the movie he got his ass kicked. Was pretty lame.

So do you think this would have been a better movie without Extremis or Killian and just the Manderian?

I think Manderian breaking Hammer out of jail and having them work together to get revenge against Stark would have made a better story.

[quote name='ITDEFX']So do you think this would have been a better movie without Extremis or Killian and just the Manderian?

I think Manderian breaking Hammer out of jail and having them work together to get revenge against Stark would have made a better story.[/QUOTE]

Mandarin

And any other script would have made this better.

I think they should have dropped Mandarin altogether. Just make Killian a MODOK like character, some super genius rival to stark. Like Hammer, but competent this time. Even do a corporate angle where he puts stark out of business and ruins him.

I think they should have made The Mandarin the main bad guy and made him act like he does in the trailers. They didn't need to add the rings and whatever, he could have just be a really smart guy out to get Tony.

[quote name='whoknows']I think they should have made The Mandarin the main bad guy and made him act like he does in the trailers. They didn't need to add the rings and whatever, he could have just be a really smart guy out to get Tony.[/QUOTE]
If they really wanted him to be a modern terrorist type of guy he could have beheaded pepperpots

Or he highjacks an iron man suit all the little kids are like'' hay dade look its ironmanh'' and then he hurls the suit into a daycare and explodes it.
Which leads me to ask why were these kids in a daycare during a weekend? Where were the parents at?

Wind_River_Train_Derail_Medium.JPG

[quote name='GUNNM']Or he highjacks an iron man suit all the little kids are like'' hay dade look its ironmanh'' and then he hurls the suit into a daycare and explodes it.
Which leads me to ask why were these kids in a daycare during a weekend? Where were the parents at?[/QUOTE]
Totally works as a setup for Civil War.

I don't know why cancerman is posting horrific pictures of people dying in a train but I guess if thats how he views ironman as a franchise who jumped the rails into the water that's his opinion and one I respect.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Totally works as a setup for Civil War.[/QUOTE]

Is a civil war movie even possible? Are the main characters in the comic even under one umbrella?

[quote name='GUNNM']I don't know why cancerman is posting horrific pictures of people dying in a train but I guess if thats how he views ironman as a franchise who jumped the rails into the water that's his opinion and one I respect.

Is a civil war movie even possible? Are the main characters in the comic even under one umbrella?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure that train isn't a passenger train and just hauls cargo.

[quote name='whoknows']"The Mandarin Was Here" should be carved in the side of the mountain.[/QUOTE]
He would have done more by doing that to a side of the mountain than what he did in all of the ironman 3 movie.
[quote name='dohdough']Pretty sure that train isn't a passenger train and just hauls cargo.[/QUOTE]

Phew! Mind is at ease.

[quote name='GUNNM']Is a civil war movie even possible? Are the main characters in the comic even under one umbrella?[/QUOTE]
You are missing Spider-man and fantastic four, the only key characters that would really matter to the story.. You can do without wolverine's slight detour into the Civil War story. You could even somewhat do without the fantastic four, I guess you could even throw Spidey out, but its easier to do his part with his character.

[quote name='JP']You are missing Spider-man and fantastic four, the only key characters that would really matter to the story.. You can do without wolverine's slight detour into the Civil War story. You could even somewhat do without the fantastic four, I guess you could even throw Spidey out, but its easier to do his part with his character.[/QUOTE]
Well yeah seeing as how hes one of the main characters who rips off his mask.

Did cable and deadpool have a big part? I know they tried to shoe horn those guys in during that whole saga but I don't remember what they did.

[quote name='dohdough']Pretty sure that train isn't a passenger train and just hauls cargo.[/QUOTE]

There were still people in it though. Does one life not mean anything to you?

It would be a good thing that they rebooted Spidey. Raimi's Spidey wouldn't work in Civil War since everybody in New York found out his identity in #2.

[quote name='whoknows']There were still people in it though. Does one life not mean anything to you?[/QUOTE]

Barking up the wrong tree with me on that one, homie. If you were a regular in vs., you'd know better than to make that type of comment.

I never said it wasn't bad; just that it isn't as bad as GUNNM thought.

Anyways, one thing that really made me pause was when a particular character was talking about fortune cookies and gave the wrong origin of them...like it didn't make sense for that character to get it wrong, so I'm starting to wonder if there were other little tells here and there in the movie before the big reveal. I haven't really had the time to really process the movie all that much, but there's some pretty deep themes and imagery that the movie is showing us.

[quote name='dohdough']Barking up the wrong tree with me on that one, homie. If you were a regular in vs., you'd know better than to make that type of comment.

I never said it wasn't bad; just that it isn't as bad as GUNNM thought.[/QUOTE]

One life lost is just as bad as one hundred lost.

[quote name='GUNNM']I'm hoping Sony gives back spiderman to raimi.[/QUOTE]

Why? The reboot actually hit the tone of the comics much better.

[quote name='GUNNM']
Did cable and deadpool have a big part? I know they tried to shoe horn those guys in during that whole saga but I don't remember what they did.[/QUOTE]
Cable had a big part, but not Deadpool. Their tie-in was phenomenal, though. Cable was on Cap's side of the thing and Deadpool was a bounty hunter of unregistered heroes.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Cable had a big part, but not Deadpool. Their tie-in was phenomenal, though. Cable was on Cap's side of the thing and Deadpool was a bounty hunter of unregistered heroes.[/QUOTE]
I read the deadpool and cable comics a while ago they didn't really go much into just like a quick cameo from Capt America I think asked for help. I never finished civil war I downloaded just now going to to read it tomorrow.

[quote name='whoknows']"The Mandarin Was Here" should be carved in the side of the mountain.[/QUOTE]

He should carve it into the moon alongside Chairface Chippendale.

[quote name='GUNNM']I read the deadpool and cable comics a while ago they didn't really go much into just like a quick cameo from Capt America I think asked for help. I never finished civil war I downloaded just now going to to read it tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
They had a three (four, maybe?) issue tie-in that took place in Cable and Deadpool. You probably just skipped over it before. You gotta read it. fucking amazing.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']They had a three (four, maybe?) issue tie-in that took place in Cable and Deadpool. You probably just skipped over it before. You gotta read it. fucking amazing.[/QUOTE]
I stopped at when cable turned into a baby and came back into an even more powerful version of himself. I said nnnnnothx.

ha....this was shown in an Edited Version on the flight back from Mexico City tonight... Yeah IM3 was dull, but they really cut out scenes...like when he was attacked in his own home by the helicopters and he threw the piano at one of them...well instead of cutting to an exploding helicopter, the scene is "omitted" :???: ....some weird shit. 

They've seen beheaded people thrown in front of police stations I don't know how a piano being thrown is any more violent then that.

They toned the violence down a bit.........I dunno is it because it was a mexican edit or because there were kids on board........or what?  Heck I wouldn't have mind seeing Monsters University as I didn't get a chance to see that and that's usually family friendly.

bread's done
Back