Iron Man - Movie Thread

Could be, kinda hard to tell. I don't know why the hell he'd have it though. Plus tony seems to think he's the only super hero, if he knew about Cap, he wouldn't think that.

[quote name='JolietJake']Could be, kinda hard to tell. I don't know why the hell he'd have it though. Plus tony seems to think he's the only super hero, if he knew about Cap, he wouldn't think that.[/quote]

He mentioned building the BlackBird, I think he knows.

When the hell did he mention building the blackbird, i don't remember that.

Anyway, i was referring to what Nick fury said to him at the end, about not being the only super hero. He seemed to think that Tony thought he was the only one.

[quote name='JolietJake']When the hell did he mention building the blackbird, i don't remember that.

Anyway, i was referring to what Nick fury said to him at the end, about not being the only super hero. He seemed to think that Tony thought he was the only one.[/QUOTE]

I don't think he actually mentions building the Blackbird. As he is testing the suit out for the first time and flying up into the atmosphere, he asks the computer what the Blackbird's altitude record is. Everybody seems to think that it's an X-Men reference, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about the actual SR-71 Blackbird which holds the record for the highest horizontal flying altitude.

I friggin loved this film. WHat is the name of the black actor that played his friend? He was great! I really liked him in "Brave One" w/ Jodie Foster too.
IT seems like he is just coming onto the scene.

I really liked Jeff Bridges as the bad guy too. He had a pretty badass suit, though T.S.'s was obviously much better.

The whole them was sort of Ayn Randian wasn't it? My meaning is that they portrayed that Tony Stark was a genius and a sort of selfish one at that. It allowed him to take the full fruits of his genius and use it in a somewhat selfish manner, or at the very least keep it to himself, to use for his own purposes in trying to right his wrongs (givin bad people his weapons).

It was a very cool flick.

You're right about R. Downy Jr. being perfect for the role too!

this movie points my theory I've been passing around since Arlington Road...

Jeff Bridges has the biggest head in the world...

[quote name='gofishn']I don't think he actually mentions building the Blackbird. As he is testing the suit out for the first time and flying up into the atmosphere, he asks the computer what the Blackbird's altitude record is. Everybody seems to think that it's an X-Men reference, but I'm pretty sure he was talking about the actual SR-71 Blackbird which holds the record for the highest horizontal flying altitude.[/quote]

As I recalled on the right side of the Heads Up Display there was a diagram of the SR-71...NOT THE Xmen aircraft!

That suit must have a AC/Heating unit AND oxygen tank somewhere because he seems to do the impossible without blacking out.

[quote name='ITDEFX']As I recalled on the right side of the Heads Up Display there was a diagram of the SR-71...NOT THE Xmen aircraft!

That suit must have a AC/Heating unit AND oxygen tank somewhere because he seems to do the impossible without blacking out.[/QUOTE]

The X-men's Aircraft was a SR-71 Blackbird modified to carry up to 14 passengers. So it is possible that it met both references.

Here is the record, Stark refers to though

"Jet plane

The highest altitude obtained by a manned air-breathing jet propelled aircraft following an uncontrolled ballistic trajectory is 37,650 m (123,524 ft) set by Alexandr Fedotov, in a Mikoyan Gurevitch E-266M (MiG-25M), on 31 August 1977.

The highest altitude obtained by a manned air-breathing jet propelled aircraft in controlled horizontal flight is 25,929 m (85,069 ft) set by Robert C. Helt and Larry A. Elliott, in a Lockheed SR-71, on 27th/28 July 1976."

Now, realisticly, the suit and it achievement fall more into event A then into Event B. But either way, if it is a nod to the X-men or an extreme aeronautical event. The movie was still great.

[quote name='pittpizza']I friggin loved this film. WHat is the name of the black actor that played his friend? He was great! I really liked him in "Brave One" w/ Jodie Foster too. IT seems like he is just coming onto the scene. [/quote]

He's an awesome actor and he's Terrance Howard, btw.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I just watched Iron Man today. Great movie. Just the right build up to the conclusion.[/quote]

This movie is worth seeing TWICE.

I am going to pick this up on Blue ray now that I have an HDTV...still waiting for a blue ray drive price drop though :(

bread's done
Back