is alien hominid discontinued?

I wouldn't be surprised if it was. That being said, I doubt it will get super duper rare at any point, since it doesn't seem in very high demand (But it was a very good game, so you never know) That being said, I'd grab it if I got the chance, just to be on the safe side.

Heh, I feel like people at EB are always telling me that game X has been discontinued. I think they just say that so they don't look stupid for not having it. Or maybe it really has been discontinued, I don't know.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']It's not, just like Killer 7, it will only be on the good systems.[/QUOTE]

actually, i remember there was an article that said that there will be an xbox version with extras

The Xbox version is slated for release in August. Whether it will actually be released then, or at all, is still up in the air (after all, we never did get that REZ reissue).

The pal xbox version seems to have already released, i feel as soon as i pick up the cube version, the xbox version (which i only want for the live score uploading) will come out

EVERY game gets discontinued eventually, no big deal. The only time you'll see it now is if stores have it left over, or if there are used copies.

Discontinued just means new copies aren't being produced. Doesn't mean you can't just find it at a different store. My Toys R' Us still has tons of copies.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Heh, I feel like people at EB are always telling me that game X has been discontinued. I think they just say that so they don't look stupid for not having it. Or maybe it really has been discontinued, I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Next to every game's sku on the computer, there is a letter assigned to it. D obiviously meaning "Discontinued". That's how they know.

dude,

Alien Hominid had a whole booth at San Diego comicon,

they had all this memorabelia and stuff u coulda won,

and free alien hominid ear thingies.

and they had PS2 and GC versions for $20 each

Yes, every game get discontinued at one point or another. However, some games get discontinued right away or shortly after its initial release, for two reasons: 1) the game just sucks a$$ OR 2) the game is good, but the public just doesn't pay attention to it.

A good example is Alien Hominid (or Metal Slug). Is it a good game? Hell yes. Will many people buy it? No. Especially not the Madden folks who shell out $50 every year for updated roster but won't shell out $20 for awesome games such as Katamari or Metal Arms.

So is it truly discontinued? I would say so. At least I have my GC copy. Great game! I'd still buy it at $50.

[quote name='Morrigan Lover']It's not, just like Killer 7, it will only be on the good systems.[/QUOTE]

your opinion means jackshit.

[quote name='nintendokid']Yes, every game get discontinued at one point or another. However, some games get discontinued right away or shortly after its initial release, for two reasons: 1) the game just sucks a$$ OR 2) the game is good, but the public just doesn't pay attention to it.

A good example is Alien Hominid (or Metal Slug). Is it a good game? Hell yes. Will many people buy it? No. Especially not the Madden folks who shell out $50 every year for updated roster but won't shell out $20 for awesome games such as Katamari or Metal Arms.

So is it truly discontinued? I would say so. At least I have my GC copy. Great game! I'd still buy it at $50.[/QUOTE]

Katamari sold like hotcakes. Hell it it's only getting a sequal because it did so well over here, it tanked in Japan.

bread's done
Back