is borderlands PSN download release sharable?

Naylord

CAGiversary!
I've always wanted to try borderlands but never got around to it. Same applies to everyone in my 5 person gamepool so we'd get this game if we knew it was sharable. Virtually all PSN games are but occasionally retail games (like warhawk and gran turismo 5 prologue) are not sharable though sometimes they are (Burnout paradise). Anyone know the facts on this?

[quote name='Wolfkin']really? some games aren't sharable? how exactly are they blocked? do they force you to be online to play or something like that?

you might want to ask on the general Sony thread if you want to know.[/QUOTE]

Essentially yes. You are forced to use the user whom bought it and play only while online and to further complicate things when you play it on one ps3 no other ps3 can play it for 24 hours.
The biggest deal is using the psn that bought it. In my gamepool me and my friends created an account that we all share just for the purposes of buying stuff. If we get this game we'd want to coop it and thus we'd want to use all of our own psns and ps3s simultaniously

wow.. they force you to play it online...that's terrible. WarHawk is obviously an online game but GT5P? that's crazy. I actually kinda respect the lock out though. It's a pretty fair way to prevent gamesharing.

the only problem is I'm pretty sure gamesharing was introduced and championed by them in the first place.

I may 'abuse' gamesharing but unlike piracy the 'abuse' of an exploit like this has made me put so much into the developers pockets. The gamepool I have made with my real life friends has had over $1000 dollars put into it. Personally then each of us has only invested a bit over 200 into online downloads but most of us without this would have either invested zero or at most 100 dollars worth. So in the end publishers are getting more money from me and that's good for them.

Of the tons of games I've shared and received, I think only Warhawk (full game, DLC, can be shared), Final Fight: Double Impact and SOCOM weren't shareable. The vast majority of the games are shareable and playable simultaneously. I guess Sony leaves it to the dev's discretion to restrict it or not.

don't get me wrong. I have nothing against gamesharing myself. I would never do it (because I may need to switch PS3s, my luck is like that) but got nothing against it. I do remember hearing that Sony now officially discourages the practice which as I implied goes against their original remarks.

bread's done
Back