Is CoD2 still the #1 XBL game?

RiCeBo1

CAGiversary!
For $35 at CC Sunday and Monday, I'm finally picking me up a copy of the game. But the question is is the game still #1 on XBL? Have the servers been fixed (I heard there were server issues back in like June/July)?

the servers are good. I havent played this online in a while. Hopefully we can get a room full of cags some day soon.

[quote name='RiCeBo1']For $35 at CC Sunday and Monday, I'm finally picking me up a copy of the game. But the question is is the game still #1 on XBL? Have the servers been fixed (I heard there were server issues back in like June/July)?[/quote]

yup

Top Xbox Live Games for week of 8/21

I just woke up from a jet lagged stupor and wanted to get these stats up for you.
All lists are based on World Wide Unique Users on Xbox Live*

Note
: Halo 2 is still number one if you were to combine these lists, followed by all Xbox 360 games.

Xbox 360 Top Live Games
1 Call of Duty 2
2 Madden NFL 07
3 Texas Hold 'em
4 Ghost Recon 3
5 DEAD RISING
6 Chromehounds
7 Oblivion
8 BFMC
9 Final Fantasy XI
10 NCAA 07

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/08/26/Top-Xbox-Live-Games-for-week-of-8_2F00_21.aspx

The single player campaign is awesome. This is still my second favorite game after Oblivion and I recently started playing again to try and get the rest of the achievements. Online I've found to be okay, but you'd probably only want to play with friends or guys from CAG. Everyone always seems to just use sniper rifles which gets very annoying and takes the fun out of the game.

[quote name='2Fast']The single player campaign is awesome. This is still my second favorite game after Oblivion and I recently started playing again to try and get the rest of the achievements. Online I've found to be okay, but you'd probably only want to play with friends or guys from CAG. Everyone always seems to just use sniper rifles which gets very annoying and takes the fun out of the game.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't of said any member. And to be PICKY... Halo 2 for Reg XBOX is the #1 XBOX Live Game, with COD 2 for 360 being #2.

[quote name='2Fast']The single player campaign is awesome. This is still my second favorite game after Oblivion and I recently started playing again to try and get the rest of the achievements. Online I've found to be okay, but you'd probably only want to play with friends or guys from CAG. Everyone always seems to just use sniper rifles which gets very annoying and takes the fun out of the game.[/QUOTE]

Well of course. The role of a sniper is the most glorified position on a battlefield thanks to movie, tv, and videogames. And who doesn't like sniping?

[quote name='RiCeBo1']For $35 at CC Sunday and Monday, I'm finally picking me up a copy of the game. But the question is is the game still #1 on XBL? Have the servers been fixed (I heard there were server issues back in like June/July)?[/QUOTE]

Nope

[quote name='MajorNelson']
Top Xbox Live Games for week of 8/28
All lists are based on World Wide Unique Users on Xbox Live.

We have a new top Xbox 360 title*...Madden NFL 07.

*Halo 2 is still number one if you were to combine these lists, followed by all Xbox 360 games.

Xbox 360 Top Live Games
1 Madden NFL 07
2 Call of Duty 2
3 Texas Hold 'em
4 Ghost Recon 3
5 Saints Row
6 DEAD RISING
7 Oblivion
8 Chromehounds
9 Test Drive Unlimited Demo
10 BFMC[/QUOTE]

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2006/09/02/Top-Xbox-Live-Games-for-week-of-8-28.aspx

I owned Call of Duty 2 for a long time now. There were server issues that still persist. Like when everyone gets kicked off the server due to disconnection problems. But lately I haven't had that problem.

Sniping is a problem once in awhile. Most people use rifles instead or machine guns. On some maps its really fun to snipe like few Russian maps in the snow.

Those who have Xbox 360 should pick it up for the price, but remember Call of Duty 3 is coming out in a month or two. Personally I like Call of Duty 2 alot more than Halo because of the guns and maps.

the thing is that i heard call of duty 3 may feel different b/c it is not being made by infinity ward...it's by some company that supposedly made Big Red One :( soo...i guess it might still be worth it

[quote name='-Never4ever-']How is Dead Rising in fifth??[/quote]
WTF I have the same question did I miss something they update the game to online now????? cause it's offline I am sure, you can only download some crap that's about it. I just posted on that website how stupid the person who listed that list is.

[quote name='Sejad']WTF I have the same question did I miss something they update the game to online now????? cause it's offline I am sure, you can only download some crap that's about it. I just posted on that website how stupid the person who listed that list is.[/quote]

It includes Live-Aware games. All 360 games are Live-Aware games, so it's basically the 10 most played 360 games.

[quote name='Trakan']It includes Live-Aware games. All 360 games are Live-Aware games, so it's basically the 10 most played 360 games.[/quote]

I hate the fact that it does that because its Live Aware. It should be for games that are online playable. But I agree that Halo 2 is still the number one champ over all. I don't think thats gonna change until Halo 3 comes out...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']But I agree that Halo 2 is still the number one champ over all. I don't think thats gonna change until Halo 3 comes out...[/QUOTE]
O RLY?

...you had it coming...

Just bought COD2(again!) I really didn't play much of it at 360 launch because it was pretty laggy and all the other problems. Now it seems EVERYONE is using the sniper for long range and short. I though it really ruined the game that it was so easy to use. The auto aim was so good(in a bad way) that any shot remotely close was a 1 hitter quitter. Still not a bad buy for $35, I picked this up along with 99Nights just for the hell of it.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Now it seems EVERYONE is using the sniper for long range and short. I though it really ruined the game that it was so easy to use. The auto aim was so good(in a bad way) that any shot remotely close was a 1 hitter quitter. [/quote]
sounds like halo...I'M SOLD! :D

[quote name='swetooth9']sounds like halo...I'M SOLD! :D[/QUOTE]

No I'd say far far better autoaim then halo. During the kill cam movies(Which by the way are a excellent feature for respawn waits) I'd see 9 out of 10 people who killed me with the sniper rifle just slide close and shot. Pretty good game but kinda annoying like sword only halo 2 games.

[quote name='Trakan']It includes Live-Aware games. All 360 games are Live-Aware games, so it's basically the 10 most played 360 games.[/QUOTE]

So, CoD2 is just the most played 360 title, not the most played multiplayer game? Figures, as pretty much everyone picked up a copy at launch, only to complain about the horrendous Live play.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']So, CoD2 is just the most played 360 title, not the most played multiplayer game? Figures, as pretty much everyone picked up a copy at launch, only to complain about the horrendous Live play.[/quote]

Could be. I doubt people are only playing the Campaign this far after launch though. It's if the game is being played period, so it's single and multiplayer combined.

bread's done
Back