Is it just me or has Amazon free shipping gotten really slow lately?

V878

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I ordered GTAIV on Saturday (5/17) and my order hasn't shipped yet. I figured I'd give it till today to let it ship out but my order page says "Estimated Shipping Date: 5/27/08". When I ordered I thought Amazon usually overestimates shipping times and it would ship out a lot earlier. Now I'm at the end of the week and I'm seeing no sign of this shipping before the the 27th.

I contacted Customer Service which came down to this:

For example, in-stock items usually ship out within 24 hours when standard, Two-Day, or One-Day shipping is selected; when Super Saver Shipping is selected, these items will ship within 3 to 5 business days. Weekends are not counted as business days.

I know Amazon has always said free shipping is slower but all my years using it has always come so fast. This is why I keep ordering from them.

Has Amazon recently decided to significantly slow down free shipping orders? I've really only been using them because free shipping and no tax was a lot better than going to store. If it takes them this long to ship out orders with free shipping now, I might as well avoid Amazon unless they got some crazy DotD or Lightning Deal.

Honestly I'm not sure. I ordered a PS2 on the 10th with free shipping, it shipped on the 13th, and arrived on the 16th. Part of the blame goes to the post office, but that really seems like the usual.

I guess it just varies with Amazon then. I've been lucky most of my orders ship fast but I sometimes it looks like they really slow down. I was so sure I'd get this by the 30th (when I really need it) but now I'll just have to wait and see.

for me its been super fast i order something on 19 it came on 22 so for me its fast

It has definitely slowed down for me. It's pretty clear they hold back items. Just do a test: on the final checkout page, if you choose standard, it has one ship day, but if you choose free, it's later.

Looking at now, though, it's entirely possible that Amazon has an extended Memorial Day holiday. I'd venture to say that if something didn't ship out yesterday, it's likely not going out until Tuesday because of the holiday.

I know my GH3 bundle isn't moving until Tuesday (unless, of course, we all get surprised tomorrow, but I doubt it).

Just a guess.

I was going to buy my DS Lite using the free shipping. So I counted the days before June 3 (when I am going on a trip), and this Sunday was when I was to order. In 5-9 days it would have arrived in time. Only problem is - there is a 3-5 day processing time. So in reality, it takes 8-13 days for free shipping. So my DS would have arrived June 2-6. I was like fuck this, so I paid $4.49 for shipping and got it on Tuesday.

[quote name='007']Looking at now, though, it's entirely possible that Amazon has an extended Memorial Day holiday. I'd venture to say that if something didn't ship out yesterday, it's likely not going out until Tuesday because of the holiday.

I know my GH3 bundle isn't moving until Tuesday (unless, of course, we all get surprised tomorrow, but I doubt it).

Just a guess.[/quote]

That is very possible. I doubt they'll be shipping on Monday and they could already be off. Could explain why my expected ship date jumped from the 22nd to the 27th. I feel very cheap for not opting for standard shipping now lol.

ehh I don't particularly care about shipping time when it's free. i haven't noticed any extensive slow-downs of late myself but I'm not going to pay attention/care unless it's really excessively slow.

The post office has been a huge factor in delivery lately. I seem to get somethings a day or two late that have always be quick for me.

I also think free shipping has slowed. In the past year, or so, the shipping has extended from an average of 4 days time to around a week, I would say.

I have to disagree. I got my Amazon order with free shipping in two days. I was amazed. Maybe I was lucky though?

Split Prime with some folks. It's so worth it, you'll appreciate it more than you expect to once you get it. When you split an account it's actually pretty cheap.

Prime is SO worth it! I mean it sounds like a lot at first, but when you realize how many orders you can get with free 2 day shipping (that is nearly 100% reliable I might add)...you'll see how amazingly good it is. The overnight shipping deals are nothing to mess with either ;)

Free shipping is ridiculous. It always takes them about 7 days to prep your order for shipping. But if you choose standard or two day then they get their shit together.

It's done this way so you see their pay service as the better way to go.

i bought a wii off amazon two weeks back, got the super saver shipping, and it showed up in like four days. i guess it just depends. i've never had problems with amazon being slow.

Not for me...I ordered a few gamecube games and they were here in 4 days...They send my items via First class. It has always been within 5 days.

bread's done
Back