Is it new if its already opened?

Reality's Fringe][quote name='jshorr']To solve this problem said:
Actually, I've recently heard that where I work (Gamestop) will be getting a shipment of display artwork that is very similar to the actual product to use, instead of gutting games. CCould this be the end of gutted games for gamestop? God, I hope so.
Sounds good. I hope this happens at all Gamestops soon.

The old way that TRU sold games was probably the best way. If you can recall, TRU never used to have actual game boxes or display cases in the games section - they just had a copy of the game's cover and back side lined up along the wall. Below that was a piece of paper showing the price. If you wanted to get the game, you brought up the piece of paper to the register and paid for it. They would then get a nice fresh new sealed copy for you. God, I loved that system (although TRU's new system ain't so shabby either).

Can anyone explain this to me?

I went to TRU a few days after Metal Slug 3 for Xbox came out (not to buy it, it was for something else). But anyway, on the shelf, they had 6 copies of MS3, and they were ALL OPEN. This makes absolutely no sense at all to me, I mean: TRU usually has those plastic shields to prevent theft. And why gut 6 copies? You can only see one with their layout.

MS3 wasn't the only game like that either, most of their new titles are. Is this something new? This gutting new games thing is like a spreading virus #-o

I believe TRU is now using display copies (sent to them by the manufacturer) for games over $30. I don't think they are actually gutting them. On the display copy should be wording to the effect of "This is a display copy. To purchase bring up to the cashier." This wording is not a sticker but actually printed on to the display case. Maybe someone that works at TRU can actually confirm this?

I dont work at TRU but some of the display boxes have it printed on the actual sleeve but a lot more of them are actually pink/purple stickers stuck onto the outside of the case.

bread's done
Back