Is my video card dying?

RichMeisterMan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Here's a screen of my issue...

7aD1T.png

It started while I was playing Diablo III. All of a sudden the game got super jaggy, all kinds of distortion. Then when I minimized it windows had the distortion you see here all over everything.

I just want to make sure this is my video card and nothign else before I spring for a new one.

When the computer boots up the bios screen and all that stuff is free of the specks, they first show up when I hit the log in screen.

[quote name='RichMeisterMan']Here's a screen of my issue...

7aD1T.png

It started while I was playing Diablo III. All of a sudden the game got super jaggy, all kinds of distortion. Then when I minimized it windows had the distortion you see here all over everything.

I just want to make sure this is my video card and nothign else before I spring for a new one.

When the computer boots up the bios screen and all that stuff is free of the specks, they first show up when I hit the log in screen.[/QUOTE]
That's what it looks like. Might want to try re-seating the card.

Also, most motherboards have on-board video, you may want to try removing the card, switch over to on-board and seeing if it still appears then.

Either it's overheating, not seated properly or.....it is on its way out. Had a 6600GT do the same thing to me.

I reseated the card, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers, let it cool over night. Nothing. I have an old card to tide me over though. Thanks for the verification guys.

bread's done
Back