Is Ninja Gaiden the greatest (NES) game of all-time?...

Ninja Gaiden sucks on NES. I never liked it. Hell.. I'd take Ducktales over it.

I loved Who Framed Roger Rabbit :)

Nope
Super Mario Bros. 3 was the Best game on the NES
Ninja Gaiden was ok. But It wouldn't be in my Top Ten thou, maybe not even my Top 25.

and I agree Capcom's Disney games were great!

[quote name='Scorch']Ninja Gaiden sucks on NES. I never liked it. Hell.. I'd take Ducktales over it.

I loved Who Framed Roger Rabbit :)[/quote]

ducktales was awesome

[quote name='cthcky33'][quote name='Scorch']Ninja Gaiden sucks on NES. I never liked it. Hell.. I'd take Ducktales over it.

I loved Who Framed Roger Rabbit :)[/quote]

ducktales was awesome[/quote]

Hell yes.

Anyway, I personally feel Ninja Gaiden kind of sucks. The gameplay does not stand the test of time. Most parts are just horribly cheap and annoying rather than being fun.

Best NES game is definitely either Mario Bros. 3 or Ice Hockey, depending on singler player or multiplayer considerations.

I do not think it is the greatest NES game, but damn close. I love the music, the cut scenes, and the gameplay. IMO all stand up very well. Though there are some parts that are cheap, with a little memorization, you can blow right through it. I can blow through the first 4 or 5 stages just fine, but then I get up in the mountains, and start to die a lot (will get to the second or third section ,and cannot pass it)

I have not beaten it yet, but I will someday.

SMB3 and MegaMan 2 are my faves. They're some of the few games I can still go back and have fun with today. Ninja Gaiden is good, too, but not in the same league, IMO

In a word: No. It's probably not even in my top 25 for NES... Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Tecmo Bowl, Castlevania, Mega Man, etc... are all way better and I'm not even thinking that hard. To each his own though...

[quote name='danny90044']yeah ninja gaiden was pretty crappy but how bout his cooler cousin from sega, shinobi[/quote]

He is cooler, especially with his scarf, everyone loves the scarf.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']I have to chuckle about the current poll results. 1 Yes, 41 No.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:[/quote]

I'm pretty sure that answers the OP's question :lol:

[quote name='javeryh']In a word: No. It's probably not even in my top 25 for NES... Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Tecmo Bowl, Castlevania, Mega Man, etc... are all way better and I'm not even thinking that hard. To each his own though...[/quote]

This is surprising... I figured Metroid would have been mentioned in the 1-3 reply... the first page atleast...

SMB3
Base Wars
Darkwing was bad ass :lol:
I hated Goonies II though... never did beat it.

[quote name='SEGA128DC']Are you serious about Who Framed Roger Rabbit?...[/quote]

That was a fun game! I could never beat Judge Doom though, even with full stock of all the items. :x

But yeah, there are tons of classics that totally beat out Ninja Gaiden. It's a good game but I could never label it (or see it labeled) as the greatest NES game IMO.

After playing Ninja Gaiden in arcade, Ninja Gaiden on NES was disaapointing.

Best Game(s):

Ninja Turtles Arcade
Ninja Turtles III
Ninja Turtles
Tecmo Super Bowl/Tecmo Bowl
Super Mario 3
Ice Hockey
Snow Bros
Duck Tales/Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers
Mega Man (all of them, yes, all of them!)
Zelda
Star Tropics
Simon's Quest
Contra
Baseball Stars
Metroid
Kid Icarus
Duck Hunt

Chris

Ninja Gaiden was good, but not the best IMO. Ninja Gaiden was great for introducing cinemas and cutscenes to gamers.

The best NES game was Tecmo Super Bowl IMO.

There are so many great games on the NES that could be #1, but alas, Ninja Gaiden it isn't.

Mine is (probably) SMB3.

As has been said above, you have to give props to Giaden for presentation. In fact, I believe that based on that alone, it could be considered one of the greatest building blocks of video game history (right up there with theearly Final Fantasies and Mario Bros.). Yet, as far as "great" games on the system, in terms of fun and current playability, it falls way short. It suffers far too much from chronic cheap-ness that plagued many games of that era. Looking to Mario 3 or the MegaMans (to a certain extent), you see challenge without (too much) cheap crap. Those birds in Gaiden plague my nightmares to this day.

daroga

I completely forgot about Ducktales until this thread, that was one awesome game. But my favorites would SMB 2 and 3 and Dragon Warrior 4, those were some great memories.

[quote name='snotnose_colossal']I guess the OP is the only person that voted for it being the best game.[/quote]

Yes, I was the only one...8-[

[quote name='SEGA128DC'][quote name='snotnose_colossal']I guess the OP is the only person that voted for it being the best game.[/quote]

Yes, I was the only one...8-[[/quote]

It makes for a really funny poll... :p

bread's done
Back